FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

in the real version i will prob also get palombo (who juventus stole) and srna, and mirel radoi; and maybe try to sell drogba but did not seem much interest in him. I tried for Richards, but they did not accept 20m, Lloris, did not accept 20m and metersacker who did not want to move

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radoi has insane stats for a CB! i dont get my scouts? they seem to think he is distinctly average?! weird?

whereas Fazio, who has good but not as good stats is rated FAR higher than Radoi!

my Chelsea team was 7 points clear at the top by Christmas! so i started again and put every player on the transfer list to see whether i could build a team from scratch! so far so good.... only kept Cech and Terry, but i have loads of others not sold but on transfer list (Anelka, Bosingwa, Essien, Kalou). bought in loadsa people..... but to be honest, it is the usual!!

yeah man, i am literally clearing out my squad! stupid i know, but i mean i wanna see if i can still finish top at the end of the demo despite only keeping 2 original players! but nobody wants Essien (strangely), so i am playin him with Veloso at CM! playin sexy football!! haha

Mikel can be sold for around 18-20 mil to Man C and Spurs, Villarreal will bid 12 mil for Anelka if you buy Matias Fernandez and Rossi from them.

And oh yeah, the extra transfer funds trick works if you set past experience to "International Footballer" as well as set your expectations to title challenge. Good find mate!

John Terry

I use a Nike defence for Mourinho-type managers tactic based on my FM08 Tactics. I've not had chance to fuly test in FM09 and I may have to change settings after long term result testing but PM me if you want to try, result below from my latest version.

chelseavrangersxo5.png

w1436.png

Well at the minute my squad looks like this :

Goalkeepers:

Cech

Renan-My scouts said he had potential to be better than Cech and so to do my coaches ...he has loads of youth caps

Cuducini-probably on his way out

Enyeama-had to for 61k

Defenders

Alex on his way out

Carvalho...same

Terry

Loic Nestor-Potential to be better than Terry says my coaches

Diego Lugano-Got him because he is one of my favourite defenders and for 4 mill i had to :p ... Breno's role model :p

Fullbacks:

Bosingwa

Ivanovic

Bridge

Cole

Centre Midfielders and atacking midfielders:

Essien

Mineiro

Mikel

Feghouli-Potential to be as good as Lampard

Lampard

Deco

Wingers

Malouda

Mata

as you can see am still bringing in some guys on the right side

Strikers:

Drogba

Anelka

Keirrison

Di Santo

Need to buy a few more players :)

sold Lampard to Real Madrid for £28million in the end!

spent the remainder of my transfer budget on Sergio Aguero.... £36million! worth it i guess!

now my team looks like

GK: Cech

RB: Srna

LB: A.Cole

CB: Terry

CB: Radoi

CM: Senna

CM: Essien

AMC: Anderson

AML: Giovinco

AMR: M.Fernandez (being re-trained for this position)

ST: Aguero

pretty solid!

Subs: Enyeama

Alex

Bosingwa

Mikel

Malouda

Drogba

Deco

haha, our youth team is so bad.... its ridiculous!! only remotely good players are Scott Sinclair and Mancienne! and they aint exactly that young!? apart from that we have to admire the quality of Kaby and Jacopo Sala..... or not? they are all useless to be honest! they may just about fit into someone like AFC Telford? but hey, we can buy anyone in the world!? haha

i know! well Di Santo loooks okay. IRL Woods, Kakuta and Stoch aren't bad prospect along with Cork but i doubt any of them will get into the first team ever. I remember Woods had a game or 2 but he wasn't great. we have never been good at bringing through youth.

i know! well Di Santo loooks okay. IRL Woods, Kakuta and Stoch aren't bad prospect along with Cork but i doubt any of them will get into the first team ever. I remember Woods had a game or 2 but he wasn't great. we have never been good at bringing through youth.

thats the thing that annoys me, Kakuta, Di Santo, Woods and Stoch all have the opportunity in the Chelsea first team, as in they have been on the bench etc, but nooooo SI underrate them!:mad:

Also, Jack Cork and Harry Worley have been wanted by teams but yet again, nobody rates them!! shaaame! then you compare our youth to Arsenal, we are like a sunday league U12 team.... shockingly bad! haha

i know. even the absolutley terrible Arsenal ones like Gilbert are rated better than ours. Kakuta on 8.0.0 became a very good player. but then got dropped in stats/PA Stoch= useless on games and also Woods was good on 8.0.0. Di Santo hopefully will be rated on 09 scouts said potential to be good player and sinclair potential to be decent player. i reckon they both might be -9's still along with Mancienne.

hopefully they will become half decent. Mancienne becomes a very good defender with a Pa of 170+ on 2008. one of my favourites tbh.

I think Witsel will be a good replacement for Lampard :) he looks awesome

Loic Nestor is awesome for my chelsea team and is said to have potential to be better than Terry ;P

my scouts said that witsel is some way off being better than lampard, renan would be as good as cech and that loic nestor is some way off being better than Terry

how much does Nestor cost? i need a decent young CB on my game!!!

I sold Lampard on my game, and I was wondering who you would get to replace him? I mean i signed Anderson, but who else is good enough to cover?

how much does Nestor cost? i need a decent young CB on my game!!!

I sold Lampard on my game, and I was wondering who you would get to replace him? I mean i signed Anderson, but who else is good enough to cover?

Sergio Aguero is a great CAM, and is very versatile. If you haven't sold Deco, he has been my best player this season, and others feghouli (for the future) giovinco (ftf) and guiseppe rossi

awesome! lets hope more players become managers in 09! the only chelsea player who became a member of staff in my only game past 2020 was Drogba who was my ass man at Arsenal then manager at Villa and Everton then Ivory Coast lol. but never lamps or anyone not even coaches!

Thing is I hate slow defenders and JT is pretty slow, plus Radoi's stats are better and he plays better; will put Criscito out on loan... but the next match after i made that post, Fazio had to come on because Zapata was sent off, then Fazio got injured so on came JT...!!!

I just got the funniest penalty decision. Radoi is holding the ball up, standing completely still with the ball at his feet in FC bayern's penalty area. 1 player comes to tackle him, nothing happens, and slowly 1 by 1 everything single FC bayern outfield player apart from 1 was literally on top of Mirel Radoi. 9 players on 1, and still nothing happens, Radoi was holding the ball up for AGES like 3 minutes, and then i was awarded a penalty LOL

Archived