FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3m for owen thats a wicked price.

i managed to sell Drogba by Transfer listing him onced he was on Light training. then Arsenal bid 15 so i said 30 and they came back wsith it over 24months.

not as good as 30m straight from madrid on demo though.

Thats quite a good deal . He is playing well for me however no one wanted him so i thought i would just stick with him.

Ive sold Malouda as i got in Adriano from Sevilla for 3 mill .I wasnt sure if it was a bargain or small price for a rubbish player but Defs not...He's been awesome !!

Hello fellow Chelsea managers! :)

I've started up as Chelsea on the real game, and so far things have been going well. I don't want to make any big changes to the current squad, so the only first teamer I've bought is Fazio who is currently backup/rotation with Terry and Carvalho still the preferred partnership in defence.

Otherwise some talents have been bought, including Jovetic (11.5 mio) and Balotelli (11 mio). These two have been given a couple of games, and while Balotelli has been doing pretty well, Jovetic has been rather dissapointing so far.

The rest of the signings are as follows:

Saivet (5.5 mio)

Santon (1.6 mio)

Mattock (1.9 mio)

Bostock (4.2 mio)

Baxter (4.8 mio)

Sankharé (2.2 mio)

Sakho (7.25 mio)

Wijnaldum (3.5 mio)

Chrisantus (1.2 mio)

I really like how the value of talents have gone up on FM09 compared to FM08. It makes you think a bit more about which talents you bring in, instead of just hunting Europe down for every possible star. Of course as Chelsea, you have an advantage with the amount of money available, but paying 5+ mio for an 18 year old is still quite challenging I think.

No real transfers out, only Belletti and Ferreira have left for 4.6 and 2 mio.

I want to keep the current squad as it is, only making small changes every year. The average age is quite high, though, so I'm looking to bring some youngsters through at the expense of Ballack, Deco etc. - mainly looking for englishmen. I will not sell the ageing players though, as I like to keep the game a bit realistic. Deco will probably go next year though, as I've never really liked him.

Results so far:

Away vs Sunderland (PRM): 4-2 WIN

Home vs Wigan (PRM): 3-1 WIN

Away vs Portsmouth (PRM): 2-0 WIN

Home vs Bolton (PRM): 2-0 WIN

Away vs Olympiakos (ECC): 1-0 WIN

Away vs West Brom (PRM): 3-1 WIN

Away vs Hull (LC): 2-0 WIN

Home vs Everton (PRM): 2-0 WIN

Home vs Porto (ECC): 2-0 WIN

Home vs Hull (PRM): 2-0 WIN

Away vs Man City (PRM): 3-0 WIN

So far good results. 0.4 goals conceded per game while scoring 2.4, I think is quite good and I just hope I can keep that up. We really haven't met any big teams yet, so I'm still excited to see how we'll compete against the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd.

A bit of statistics:

Best players so far (sorted by average rating, while leaving out players with less than 5 matches):

Bosingwa: 7.35

Kalou: 7.34

A. Cole: 7.28

Carvalho: 7.23

Malouda: 7.19

Goal scorers so far (top 5):

Di Santo: 4 goals in 0(4) matches

Drogba: 4 goals in 6(1) matches

Lampard: 4 goals in 9(1) matches

Kalou: 3 goals in 5(3) matches

Deco: 2 goals in 7 matches

Assist makers so far (top 5):

Malouda: 4 assists in 9(1) matches

Drogba: 3 assists in 6(1) matches

Deco: 3 assists in 7 matches

Essien: 3 assists in 9(1) matches

Bosingwa: 2 assists in 6 matches

Currently best line-up:

GK: Cech

DR: Bosingwa

DL: A. Cole

DC: Carvalho

DC: Terry

MC: Essien

MC: Deco

AMR: Kalou

AML: Malouda

AMC: Lampard

FC: Drogba

Thats quite a good deal . He is playing well for me however no one wanted him so i thought i would just stick with him.

Ive sold Malouda as i got in Adriano from Sevilla for 3 mill .I wasnt sure if it was a bargain or small price for a rubbish player but Defs not...He's been awesome !!

wow 3m for Adriano thats awesome, and he can cover left back if needed, even though his tackling is pretty poor. hes a very similar player as Marcelo. very good buy how much did you get for Malouda? on Demo i got 13m highest bid i had.

NozEE - i see you've bought very well for the future and looks like your doing very well. I guess keeping the team together helps alot, i tend to demolish teams and build a brand new one which usually turns out to be a very bad idea lol. 4.6m for Belletti is a very good price. was that all upfront?

i REALLY want to play a formation with wingers (LAM and RAM) but i find it hard as the amount of affordable quality is so low! anyone got suggestions of players that are quality and affordable for the wings? i just don't think it is worth it if i have a team with ballack, essien, lampard, essen, aguero and drogba all starting. all very good and wingers don't compare (that i ve found) anyone had more luck?

WHY ARE ARSENAL SO GOOD?

conundrum: i am unbeaten in the league so far, 2nd in the table to arsenal, just

only drawn 4 matches, won 10

so i play arsenal and they comfortably beat me 2-0, i was never in it. i wanted to check whether it was just a bad day or arsenal, who are nothing special on paper (not to say they are not good, but i still would have expected to win). so i saved game as; and went back to before the match (whatever the score of the 'replay' i was still going to continue with the game on which i lost)

growing more puzzled each time, now replayed them 13 times (obssesively), drawn 7, lost 6 WON 0

why?

once again, humiliation for me. 3-0 up, thought maybe it was possible to beat them. they won 4-3. oh dear oh dear

What's worse tho is that you replayed the game to try and win it!

Hows everyone finding Lampard? I'm gonna get 37mil from Madrid for him with a view to making a raid for Kaka, Milan will accept 70mil, anyone had him and think he'd be worth the punt? Lamps is 30 after all for me..

i ve won 3 straight games on my first 3 games, but the team performance werent that great..deco and anelka were shitty..

i ve bought a lot of youngsters ( i forgot who they were, too many..lol ) to replace carvalho n malouda..

@Saemus:

In my experience, Joe Cole and especially Malouda and Kalou are great wingers. Malouda makes a lot of assists, while Kalou dribbles and scores a bit more.

Otherwise, dexta names some good wingers. Especially Mata looks really good, but tbh I don't think the others have anything over Malouda, Cole and Kalou.

@dexta:

Yes, the 4.6 mio was all upfront. He was sold to Sunderland.

I haven't been able to sell anyone else, but I guess I'll be trying a little harder in the next transfer window to get rid of Pizarro, Alex etc.

started my game yesterday just looking round at the start. ive only played 3 matches so far won all 3.

Fulham (H) 2-0, Terry x2

newcastle (A) 2-0, Essien x2

Hull (H) 4-0, Balotelli x4

balotellidebutvi0.png

That was on debut as well, also gave debuts to Kakuta who will be a star player. Stoch, Mancienne & Di Santo. Must say even though its Hull, thats the best ive seen my team play on this version of FM.

I will probably sell Anelka now, he's not performing and i would rather keep Balotelli in the side. More updates soon

Has anyone else finished their first season? Just wanting to know how everyone has done!

Literally just finished...

Won Premier league on Goal Difference! Blackburn finished seconds.... in the last game i needed to win by 4 goals and blackburn to lose.... Blackburn lost and i won 7-2 against bottom of the table Middlesborough! i was pretty much crying with joy! Giovinco scored 4 goals!

Then won 6-5 against Real Madrid.... with another 3 goals from Giovinco who ended as my top goal scorer with 27 in 48! good purchase at £8million!

My team was

GK: Cech

RB: Srna

LB: Cole

CB: Terry

CB: Zapata

CM: Essien, Veloso

AMC: Lampard

AML: Giovinco

AMR: Arshavin

ST: Drogba!

The rest of my squad contains:

GK: Enyeama, Asenjo

Defence: Radoi, Mancienne, Bosingwa, Jack Cork

Midfield: Deco, Kenia, Haruna, Fausto Rossi, Balotelli, Marquinhos

Strikers: Anelka, Oscar Cardozo, Keirrison!

I scored so so many, but at the same time, i seemed to concede a lot as well!

Whilst I can appreciate it is Football Manager and people love to put their own spin on clubs, I'm surprised so few people have actually tried sticking with Chelsea's core squad and only adding to it.

My lineup is as follows is a pretty standard 4-2-3-1, which fits the core squad and is similar to that of Scolari's team. Lampard is usually just behind the strikers, with either Deco or Ballack a CM set up as a deep-lying playmaker, with Essien or Mikel the more defensive minded CM.

Guardado and Keirrison are my only signings, the former due to the complete lack of any ability on the left (Kalou has been moved all over the place); Keirrison brought in initially as cover but has gone straight in due to injuries to Drogba / Anelka. Ferreira has gone out on loan to Everton.

I am currently looking to bring in Moutinho at the end of the season if funds allow it, as I think he fits with the new Chelsea vision...

My vision for the club in 3 years is basically:

GK: Cech / "Prospect"

DL: Cole / "Prospect"

DC: Terry / Alex

DC: Mancienne / Ivanovic / "Prospect"

DR: Bosingwa / "Prospect"

MC: Essien / Mikel

MC: Moutinho / "Prospect"

AML: Guardado / Sinclair

AMC: Lampard / "Prospect"

AMR: Cole / Kalou

FC: Keirrison / Di Santo / Drogba

As you can see I've set my sights on a younger squad, however this is mainly due to players like Deco & Ballack behind at the end of their careers. I will play Terry and Lampard until they die, and will let Bridge move on to first team football. Drogba is also gonna be useful to keep around.

IMO Sinclair and Mancienne have good futures ahead of them so they'll get plenty of playing time to impress.

I really like your philosophy, lukekarts, and it's the same way I manage my Chelsea team. Unfortunately, Chelsea doesn't really have that many good prospects; Mancienne and Di Santo seem to be the best, while I'm not sure if Woods, Cork, Sinclair and Sahar will turn out well. I'll keep them all, though, and they'll get plenty of time on the pitch just in the hope that they'll turn out well.

I have a couple of other talents coming in this january: Marquinhos, Douglas Costa and Zuculini who all look very promising. Otherwise, I'd like to add a few more englishmen to the squad, but only Micah Richards have cought my attention so far.

I'm also planning on buying Moutinho and if he's not available, I'll have a look at Kuzmanovic or Hamsik.

Also, lukekarts, you've sold Carvalho? Was he unhappy? How is Alex doing for you? In my opinion he's not that great, and I'm looking to offload him tbh.

A few more games played:

Home vs West Ham (PRM): 3-0 WIN

Away vs Marseille (ECC): 4-2 WIN

Home vs Arsenal (PRM): 1-0 WIN

Away vs Middlesbrough (PRM): 1-0 WIN

Away vs Stoke (PRM): 2-0 WIN

So far played 16 games and won all of them while scoring 37 and conceding 6 which is a very good record I think.

In the league we're 15 points ahead of 4th place (Tottenham). Man Utd and Everton in 2nd and 3rd spot are both 8 points behind but both have played one match less.

Ima do what you guys are doing with Chelsea once i've finished my Barca season, my previous Chelsea game went stale as I brought in too many players and couldn't get them to gel. I will be looking to sell Ballack and Carvalho to bring in Fernandez and Fazio but other than that will just be youngsters and backup's. maybe also offload Bridge and Alex as im not a fan of either on the game. Hopefully it will go a bit better for me anyways :)

solution for me was to sell players which i thought was good money or who are not first team, and bring in a lot of the best young talent. i play cech a cole terry zapata bosingwa essien ballack lampard deco aguero drogba; so only 2 non original squad, but i spent 151m (this is demo btw) on balotelli g rossi f rossi anderson d santon saivet fazio marcelo camacho palombo as well as aguero and zapata; and i got 67 from selling old or average chelsea players - carvalho, (17.75) j cole (13) alex (10) malouda (11) cudicini hilario ferriera bridge belleti

GK - Cech, Leo Franco

LB - Cole, Mathieu

RB - Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Konko

DC - Terry, Fazio, Demichelis, Sakho

DM - Essien, Camacho

MC - Lampard, Deco, Kroos, Ballack, Van der Vaart

AM - Guardado, Higuain, Capel, Kalou, Cole

ST - Aguero, Balotelli, Adriano

Obviously bought all the awesome youngsters like Saivet, F Rossi, Landu, Santon etc etc.

Won Premier League and Champions League in first season. Currently 6 games in to second season.

Using 4-5-1

First XI - Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Terry, Fazio, Essien, Kroos/Deco, Lampard, Guardado, Higuain/Balotelli, Aguero.

Sold

Hilario - 1.5m

Cudicini - Bosman

Belletti - 7.25m

Ferreira - 5m

Bridge - 10m

Carvalho - 24m

Alex - 10m

Mikel - 20m + 50% next sale

Malouda - 14m

Shevchenko - 9m

Pizarro - 5m

GK - Cech, Leo Franco

LB - Cole, Mathieu

RB - Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Konko

DC - Terry, Fazio, Demichelis, Sakho

DM - Essien, Camacho

MC - Lampard, Deco, Kroos, Ballack, Van der Vaart

AM - Guardado, Higuain, Capel, Kalou, Cole

ST - Aguero, Balotelli, Adriano

Obviously bought all the awesome youngsters like Saivet, F Rossi, Landu, Santon etc etc.

Won Premier League and Champions League in first season. Currently 6 games in to second season.

Using 4-5-1

First XI - Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Terry, Fazio, Essien, Kroos/Deco, Lampard, Guardado, Higuain/Balotelli, Aguero.

Sold

Hilario - 1.5m

Cudicini - Bosman

Belletti - 7.25m

Ferreira - 5m

Bridge - 10m

Carvalho - 24m

Alex - 10m

Mikel - 20m + 50% next sale

Malouda - 14m

Shevchenko - 9m

Pizarro - 5m

wow great deal for carvalho, and belleti, and sheva! wouldn't have sold mikel myself but i very good price, so i see where youre coming from how much did kroos and guardado and adriano and higuain and VdV and demichelis set you back?

Also, lukekarts, you've sold Carvalho? Was he unhappy? How is Alex doing for you? In my opinion he's not that great, and I'm looking to offload him tbh.

Nah sorry, the team I posted is what I expect to have in 3 years.

I've still got Carvalho, but I can't see me keeping him beyond 33.

And btw, Sinclair is still a great prospect, moreso than Mancienne in this game for some reason. He'll easily displace Malouda when he's ready.

Sorry forgot to mention these.

I also sold Enyeama for 10m to Milan at a 9.75m profit.

Also forgot to mention Drogba sold to Roma for 18.25m because he played 20 games and 0 goals.

Sold Anelka for 15m.

Kroos - 8m

Guardado - 15m

Adriano - 10.5m

Higuain - 12m (min fee)

Van der Vaart - 3.8m (he was unhappy because they never played him)

Demichelis - 14.75m

wow Demichelis for 14.75m? thts brilliant mate did you get him in january?

Nope it was on 21/8/08.

He was fans player of the year last season but hes being pushed out because Fazio has been brilliant and Sakho's stats are drastically moving up. I can see myself playing Sakho and Fazio instead of Terry and Demichelis next season.

GK: Petr Cech/Enyeama

DR: Bosingwa/Belletti/Rafael

DC: Terry/Ivanovic

DC: Fazio/Alex

DL: Cole/Marcelo

MC: Essien/Mikel/Miniero

MC: Ballack/Fernandez

AML: Malouda/Sinclair

AMR: Cole/Kalou

AMC: Lampard/Deco

ST: Drogba/Anelka/Nihat/Di Santo

Drogba was out for a month, Anelka tore his calf muscle so he is out for 5 months. And I gotta tell you Nihat is playing excellently for me. He has 4 in 4, and scored on his league debut against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

try using knaps in the Tactics Forum imjust about to try it out with Oxford United. hes done well with Chelsea with it.

Oh and thanks for the prices. just getting ideas on who i can sign when I start up a new Chelsea save.

Other teams seem to score screamers every game, i dont get it lol

okay mate. i prefer playing 1 up top but thought i would check this tactic out. The other teams only seem to shoot from distance with my other tactics so they always score screamers too. Then my players go and try it and fail miserably.

well i wanna actually play as chelsea and keep most of their players and play with their style. and i've scored a couple screamers but Scholes scored one on me! I thought he was injured! lol

I also bought Fazio after selling Carvalho. And kept Ivanovic as backup for DC and DR. But if you are looking for a cheap and very good option for DC then i recommend Thiago Silva from Fluminense. You can buy him for around 4-4.5 mil and he signs as a backup and has great stats. And only 23 yrs of age.

Well ive finished my 1st season and it was a little bit disappointing.I finished 4th in the prem won the Fa and Carling cup. Ive sold Adriano back to sevilla for 18 mill upfront :p omg they must have really wanted him back... i put it in as a clause so i thought that was good amount.Im looking to go in for Mata and Matias Fernandez.... but we will see what happens .

Okay ive got Mata for 10.5 mill but i am only getting him at the end of the season ... i didnt want t spend 22 mill and so they agreed

Ok, I need a hand from some experts.... ha

I am looking to sign a new CM, preferably young-ish (between 19 and 21)..... I was thinking Nuri Sahin but i am not entirely sure..

As well as this, need some people to assess my team.....

Can you help me pick a starting 11?

GKs: Cech, Asenjo, Leo Franco

CBs: Mancienne, Terry, Radoi, Zapata

RBs: Bosingwa, Srna

LBs: Cole, Srna

CMs: Veloso, Essien, Haruna

AMCs: Giovinco, Lampard, Marquinhos, Wilshere

AMLs: Giovinco, Wilshere, Guardado, Arshavin

AMRs: Arshavin, Fausto Rossi, Marquinhos

FCs: Anelka, Keirrison, Cardozo, Balotelli!

Any idea who i should start/sell/buy?

Ok, I need a hand from some experts.... ha

I am looking to sign a new CM, preferably young-ish (between 19 and 21)..... I was thinking Nuri Sahin but i am not entirely sure..

As well as this, need some people to assess my team.....

Can you help me pick a starting 11?

GKs: Cech, Asenjo, Leo Franco

CBs: Mancienne, Terry, Radoi, Zapata

RBs: Bosingwa, Srna

LBs: Cole, Srna

CMs: Veloso, Essien, Haruna

AMCs: Giovinco, Lampard, Marquinhos, Wilshere

AMLs: Giovinco, Wilshere, Guardado, Arshavin

AMRs: Arshavin, Fausto Rossi, Marquinhos

FCs: Anelka, Keirrison, Cardozo, Balotelli!

Any idea who i should start/sell/buy?

How about Javi Martinez?

I would probably wouldn't sell anyone atm. maybe next season get rid of Anelka, Arshavin and Bosingwa possibly.

Nice team though mate.

Archived