FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, think am gonna sign Luiz... been looking around and nobody else stands out...

now i have another dilemma... my 3 CM's (Veloso, Essien and Kuzmanovic) don't seem to like the fact that I rotate them and they all want to move away!? which one do i sell.... already have De La Red on the side as my back up as he is available for £6.5million! :D

sooo who shall i get rid of?!

Well i dont know about you guys but Mancienne has been awesome for me and is being described as a Quality player after playing 7/8 games .... and he could be better than Terry?? I wouldnt mind that ...although saying that Terry doesnt seem as good as previous games and i dont think hes got any worse if anything he has been better under Scolari ??? and why is he so slow ??

Does anyone get decent match ratings from Lamps? Either as MC or AMC, I don't get a decent return in the first couple of seasons.

I kept all the older MC's and Ballack / Deco both score more & rate higher. Ballack averages 7.3 & scores 17 goals. He is saleable for £18m in season 2, but still looks as good as the stack of wonderkids that get touted.

Up front Kalou is the highest scorer - beating Vucinic & Benzema.

OK...so here is the latest with my game...

Still on first season (I have a family so game time is limited!)

in EPL, played 10, W8, D1, L1 (and that loss was me getting my ar5e handed to...by Newcastle @ St. James Park 4-0. I was experimenting with my reserve/youth squad, as most are being tutored by my first team, so I wanted to see how that was working out!. Not to well, so far! lol)

in ECL, Group Stage, P4, W3, D1. (beating Celtic 4-0 twice..that was a good feeling!)

Transfer window is CLOSED now but I have had a £7.5M bid for GK, Mandanda (or something like that he is called...seen him mentioned on here before), and he is coming to me at the END of the season, as he wouldn't get games from January onwards, this season.

I'm hoping to sell Pizzaro, Schevchenko, and a few other reserves off and also hopefully Chopra at end of season for a profit, after buying him for £1.5M (bargain!) lol

My next game of the season is against Man Utd (away I think), so i'll be playing them tonight and that will be for top spot of the EPL. Currently the EPL is (from the top), Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal...big points gap...Newcastle, and so on...

**Point of note: 10 games in and neither STOKE or HULL have scored ONE goal yet! Oh dear!**

I will be sure to follow up my story each morning (in work of course! lol) and keep you all informed.

Take care and Good Luck in game.

Martyn

ok, solved my problems now...

signed N'Koulou as a replacement for JT (backup this season, replacement next season)

sold Essien to Real Madrid for £38 Million and signed De La Red for £7.25million in the end (he agreed to a backup contract on £26,000 a week!)

also, signed David Villa to start up front with Robinho playing AMC!

my team is

GK: Mandanda

RB: Srna

LB: Guardado (retrained)

CB: Terry (for one more season)

CB: Zapata

CM: Veloso (playing v.defensive

CM: Kuzmanovic

AMC: Robinho (very attacking)

AML: Fausto Rossi

AMR: Marquinhos and Giovinco rotate

ST: David Villa!

so far so good this season!

played 5 won 5!

Scored: 11 (Villa has scored 6 in 4 games!)

Conceded: 5 (not as great defensively this season considering last season i conceded none for the first 10 games!!)

I could really do with a LB now, Ashley is out for 8 months with a broken leg and loaned out my younger LBs! (i like them to be VERY attacking!)

Overall, i would have to say Srna is my best player.... finished with an average of 7.44 last season and starting well this season with 2 goals and 4 assists after just 5 games!

Any other improvements needed?

I know it was only swindon, but i was just shocked that i got a 10/10! and 5 goals from a 19 year old playing on the wing is quite impressive! my team are actually insane right now... but i have a slight issue.... my only noticeable goalscorers are Villa and Balotelli!? anyone know a way of getting my other midfielders/strikers to score more? it gets rather frustrating/repetitive!

ok, solved my problems now...

signed N'Koulou as a replacement for JT (backup this season, replacement next season)

sold Essien to Real Madrid for £38 Million and signed De La Red for £7.25million in the end (he agreed to a backup contract on £26,000 a week!)

also, signed David Villa to start up front with Robinho playing AMC!

my team is

GK: Mandanda

RB: Srna

LB: Guardado (retrained)

CB: Terry (for one more season)

CB: Zapata

CM: Veloso (playing v.defensive

CM: Kuzmanovic

AMC: Robinho (very attacking)

AML: Fausto Rossi

AMR: Marquinhos and Giovinco rotate

ST: David Villa!

so far so good this season!

played 5 won 5!

Scored: 11 (Villa has scored 6 in 4 games!)

Conceded: 5 (not as great defensively this season considering last season i conceded none for the first 10 games!!)

I could really do with a LB now, Ashley is out for 8 months with a broken leg and loaned out my younger LBs! (i like them to be VERY attacking!)

Overall, i would have to say Srna is my best player.... finished with an average of 7.44 last season and starting well this season with 2 goals and 4 assists after just 5 games!

Any other improvements needed?

wow u actually sold P.Cech ?!!

hey all...i will post the latest update to my game later as i am really busy right now..but i have recently received an offer off Juve of £17.5M fro Drogba.

What do you reckon i should do, and could I get more for him?? (other strikers i have are Podolski & Anelka).

FYI... I play a 4-1-4-1 (with AML & AMR)

Cheers.

hey all...i will post the latest update to my game later as i am really busy right now..but i have recently received an offer off Juve of £17.5M fro Drogba.

What do you reckon i should do, and could I get more for him?? (other strikers i have are Podolski & Anelka).

FYI... I play a 4-1-4-1 (with AML & AMR)

Cheers.

I actually got a 39m bid from Madrid for Drogba

Going slowly through my first season at The Bridge...

The injury bug is hitting me hard...I have 7 players on the injury table right now. 5 of which are over 3 months. January window is coming up soon...think I have to loan a few players.

After a great start to the season...I slumped to 3rd at one point after being beat by Man. Utd. 2-1 at Old Trafford. Then straight into a ECL game against Fiorentina (away) and they beat me 1-0. The players weren't happy, and neither was I.

Made 6 changes to my side for my next 2 games (both EPL home games), Fulham and West Brom. My change in attitude to the players and their response to an ongoing training regime that is delivering great results...off the pitch.

Beat Fulham 1-0 and then beat the travelling Baggies 3-0. so...back up to 2nd in the table with 1 game in hand. With Arsenal in 1st place after a "10 wins in 10 games" streak in the EPL. (the on form team at the moment!)

Next game....Arsenal...Away..not looking forward to be honest...but with the 6 changes in my team playing well, i decide to only make 2 more (1 new addition, and one back in the starting XI), I beat Arsenal convincingly at the Emirates, 4-2(3-1 @ HT)...Podolski with a Hat-Trick and Essien supplying the other. I am back on top of EPL by 1 point, still with that game in hand as Arsenal played too (obviously! lol ) The team's morale has gone up with 7 Superb's and 5 Very Good.

Drogba is being frozen out of the first XI because of Podolski and Anelka, so he is playing the Reserves for a little while...maybe only until January???

Will play some more tonight and let you know how I get on. But so far the gist is...was in a bit of a slump, but should be out of it with that 4-2 win over Arsenal.

Good luck to all managers.

Martyn

Well ive made my way to the January transfer window and were 4th in Prem League behind Arsenal Man Untd and Aston Villa with only 4 points between the top 4 .Aston Villa seem to have been playing really well.There team has scored the most goals in the prem ahead of Man U(42) and my chelsea squad (37).There Agbonglahor has been awesome with 18 goals over all and 14 in the prem alongside his striking partner Louis Garcia (23 overall and 11 in the Prem).

My targets:

(14mill)Christian Rodriguez-AML-looks and awesome player

(17.5 mill)Quagliarella-ST-Ass man told me to bring him in and so i am ...also he will cover the gap Anelka has left open since leaving to Real Madrid

Edu from Betis for a free and will Join in July

Diego Laguna(one of my fav defenders)-Free-joins in July

Olic-free and joins in July

Jankovic-free in July

Leonardo-free in July

Fabian Delph-I like him in real life and want to nurture hum to be an English star

A bunch of Nigerian and African regens and gems-loads of them look awesome but are going to have to go down to Westerlo for about 3 years to get a permit

Players out:

Carvalho-wasnt happy and wasnt playing well

Anelka-Wasn't playing as well as i wanted him too

Suprises so far :

Alexis Sanchez as being said to be a quality player and he is awesome beats the fullbacks repeatedly and looks awesome in real life : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1jfYG5rr5t0&feature=related ...he reminds me a bit of Ronaldo... and with Mathias and Rodriguez to join we will be unstoppable on the wings

Mancienne-He has been awesome !! Keeping Terry out of the team !! and having the best ratings of all my defenders.Doesnt miss any tackles and wins allot in the air ...not everything but most

Woods and Jack Cork are looking good and are developing better than i thought they would and defs part of my plans for the future

ok, got another MAJOR issue.....

signed David Villa for my Chelsea team for cut price as he wanted to leave, now i have Robinho, Aguero, Villa all fighting for a place in my team....

i play 4 2 3 1 with wingers, who do i play, where?

Help me?!

PLUS, do i resort to sticking Balotelli on the wings and Fausto Rossi and the other one? Has anyone tried Balotelli on the wing yet? any good?

Do you think its worth changing formation to fit my players in?

I mean i could play 1 cm 1 rm 1 lm and 2 amc and a lone striker? and then play Aguero, Robinho at AMC and Villa up top? but then i would have to drop Wilshere, Balotelli etc....

Big problem....

its such a dilemma, i was looking at ratings and goals scored, Robinho just isn't doing himself justice.... i mean for an AMC/FC 4 goals in 22 games, just not good enough!

But, in a few seasons, Villa will be too old?! frustrating times...

Yeah but then you will still have Balotelli and Aguero and im sure there will be someone you can bring in. Robinho I would sell mate, I had him at Barca and Man City and wasn't a fan tbh just didn't do the job which he does IRL - Score Goals!

Villa will be getting on a bit but as I say you can always bring in someone younger like a regen.

good point mate, i think i will try and sell Robinho.... then i can always play Jack Wilshere, Oscar, Luka Modric or someone at AMC then Aguero up top with him and Balotelli rotating?!

Sorted, cheers for the help mate!!

Yeah that sounds good mate! how are those 3 AMC's doing? who is better out of Oscar and Wilshere?

I really need to bring in some youth to my chelsea side. I've loaded it up again after my Oxford save broke!

But I don't actually have any kids other than the original lot really and we all know they are pretty much useless.

Has anyone made any decent money from any of them?

I've signed one Regen GK who has the potential to be as good as Cech.

I have a fairly young squad in....

Under 23 players - Balotelli, Camacho, De Silvestri, Richards, Marcelo, Vela, Bendtner, Higuain, Kuzmanovic, then Drenthe, Giovinco, Fazio, Luiz and Fernandez at 23, so got a big future ahead of me but not signed anyone I can mould into the next Lampard or Terry yet. Which I really should!

My Under 23 Players - Oscar, Wilshere, Kolodziecziak, N'koulou, Leites (DC Regen), Balotelli, Fausto Rossi, Kuzmanovic, Aguero, Marquinhos, Santon, Ramires Santos do Nascimento (class DM/MC), Keirrison, Jose Baxter, Jack Rodwell, Asenjo, Saivet, Lukman Haruna, Kenia!

I splash out on my U23 players..... haha

I start Kuzmanovic, N'koulou, Rossi, Aguero.... then i rotate Marquinhos, Balotelli, Wilshere, Oscar and Kolodziecziak and Keirrison!

Best out of my youngsters are N'Koulou and Aguero.... but my most promising, DEFINITELY MARQUINHOS!! Highly Recommended...

I have a bunch of Regen players as well, got loads of backup youngsters who are extremely promising!! i think i have a GREAT future with my Chelsea squad.... average age is 22 at the moment....

Highest rated player = David Villa with 22 goals in 24 games... (average of 7.80)

Lowest rated starter = Robinho with 4 goals in 22 games (Average of 6.65)

Nice young squad you have there mate! and Villa looks like an amazing buy!!

Highest rated starter - Zdravko Kuzmanovic - 26 games 5 goals 11 assistsa AvR = 7.43

Lowest rated starter - Carlos Vela - 49 games 5 subs, 20 goals 5 assists AvR = 6.64 not great but hes not playing in his best position because I play 4-4-2/

Villa is doing WONDERS, just beaten Arsenal 4-3 with a hattrick from Sergio Aguero and one last minute goal from Super sub David Villa.... HERO!

Think i have this season in the bag! 11 points clear with 8 games remaining!! got top 2 goal scorers, top assister, top average rating!

but for some reason, i NEVER get high pass completion? any reason? i have passing style set to short? any way of improving it?

Hmm.. I'm not a person to talk about tactics with lol, I am terrible at creating my own.

Pass Completion top 8 I have Toulalan 84%, Terry 85%, Essien 86%, Lampard 86% and Demichelis 87% but after them I have Vela in 45th with 79% lol, which tbh I'm not complaing about anything over 75% is pretty good tbh. Richards, Drenthe, Higauin and De silvestri are all over 75% too.

I play with Mixed passing style, and Normal Tempo. Mixed lets them choose so they pick out better passes when they can, instead of it always being short and maybe not having room for the passes they are trying.

I have no one anywhere near top scorer best is Lampard with 9 and ive played 35 this season so far, Assists Kuzzie has 8 top is A.Young with 12 so not far off but not great, and have De Silvestri with 7.28 3rd in AvR. so not doing bad.

Just won the prem with 3 games to go.

Lamps was top scorer with 9?! how many did your team score all season?

I have Villa and Balotelli as top 2 scorers and Guardado high assists (retrained him at RB and he gets SO many assists its just crazy..)

I think i may try and change passing to mixed next season, as my highest pass completion is a mere 72% (Kuzmanovic) followed by Jack Wilshere with 70% (only started 2 but been sub for 20).... i do however have Ramires on 89% pass completion but he has only played 7 games as i signed him as backup to Veloso and Kuzmanovic in the January Transfer window when i let Essien leave.....

So far trying to sell Robinho is not working too well, offered him out for £26 million but the best offer i have is £16million from Spurs, and thats over 24 months!? definitely not gonna accept that poor offer.... will just have to wait i suppose?

Ouch yeah just give it time someone will want Robinho eventually. Offering him out will only lower the amount you get.

Yep 9goals lol my goals are very spread out! Last season i only scored 68 in the league this season with 2 and a half games to go I have scored 73, so I have improved. Vela has just scored his 9th now, and Higuain and Balotelli have 8 each. but in all competitions Vela 21, Balotelli 19, Higuain 19, Bendtner 13 and the master Toulalan 13! but i'm not complaining could be winning all 7 trophies this season which I will be very happy with!

how many have you scored in league?

I have scored 74 in 33 games now! its going pretty well.... conceded 18 which is solid! Arsenal are second now and they have a +4 goal difference and Bolton who are 15th have a +1 GD! its an odd looking table!? Blackburn 3rd, West Ham 4th, Man Utd 5th!?

Bottom 3 are Hull, Stoke and Cardiff...

Cardiff have 7 points after 33 games.... won 1 drawn 4! they have scored 8 goals and conceded 82!! HAHA they are terrrrible... i beat them 6-0.... was a stroll

Starting to get aggravated though, Aguero just returned from injury, and he is out for ANOTHER 3 months! poor guy....

ooooh well, i have Backup!

Is Toulalan actually that good? i have £77 million to spend, and currently play Veloso and Kuzmanovic CM is Toulalan better than them?

Haha awesome mate! Cardiffs goal difference omg! Unlucky with Aguero at least it makes rotating easier :)

Toulalan has been very impressive for me, I play Kuzzie on the right in a 4-4-2 so Lamps, Essien and Toulalan rotate in the middle.

He has an AvR of 7.04 played 36(6), scored 13, assists 7, MOM 2, Tackles 4.17, Passing 84% so pretty good.

Essien and Lampard have both been a bit better but Toulalan has scored more. and just seems to pop up in all the cup semi's and bag the winning goal main reason I love him tbh!

I'm only in 2nd season but with 2 games remaining Everton are 2nd 1 point ahead of Arsenal in 3rd. Sheff Utd are bottom with 9 points won 1 drawn 6 scored 19 conceded 82!!!! hahaha

i sold Deco to Bolton for £2.1million he is 33 and has scored 17 goals in 26 games!! got 9 assists and the cheeky bugger scored a 91st minute equaliser against me!! haha

drew 1-1 after having 66% possession and 24 shots!! David Villa scored again.... he is a MACHINE!

Also, any other good young RB's, i have Srna but he is starting to get old now so could do with another youth RB!?

Lorenzo De Silvestri mate! my best player for past 2 seasons now! brilliant. Sold Bosingwa for 15m because he replaced him after a few months!

Deco he is still good. I sold him first season and my scout just recommended him to me lol. I got 8m for him but hes been rubbish at Villarreal, only played 7 times in a whole season! off the bench alot though. would be an amazing signing for Bolton though.

What are Kolosziecziak's technical stats like?

On mine, Corners, Crossing, First Touch, Free Kicks, Heading, Passing, Penalties, Tackling and Technique are all 15+ and he is only 19!!

Looks like a TOP player on my game....

Archived