FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, nice one....

Man City just signed Ashley Young for £33 million on my game?! is he that good, he has fairly average stats, i mean for that kinda cash you can sign some of the best wingers in the game!! (Guardado just 1 example)....

Due to be complete at the end of the season! 2011/2012 that is!!

But for now i have to make do with The Bridge.... before my relocation! haha!

Just signed that Guilherme (AMC/FC) guy from Cruzeiro... and my team now looks like

GK: Mandanda

RB: Srna

LB: Vargas

CB: Terry

CB: Sakho

CM: Veloso

CM: Kuzmanovic

AMR: David Silva

AML: Aguero

AMC: Guilherme

ST: Villa/Sukuta-Pasu

Back up:

Asenjo/Cech

Chygrynskyi

N'Koulou

Koldziecziak

Wilshere

Balotelli

Modric

Fausto Rossi

Marquinhos

Ramires (DMC/MC)

Leites (DC Regen)

So far in Premier league,

Played 21

Won 18

Drawn 2

Lost 1

Scored 55

Conceded 4

Top Goal Scorer - Richard Sukuta-Pasu with 24 goals in 28 starts

Top Assists - Richard Sukuta-Pasu with 12 in 28 starts

Highest AvRating - Srna with 7.50 after 25 games!

So far, SO GOOD!

I've had great fun being Chelsea in my game. I've decided to pretty much sell most of the players (especially the one's with high salaries) and buy youngsters.

First Season:

Transfers Out:

Michael Ballack - 15M

Ricardo Carvalho - 21.5M

Wayne Bridge - 6M

Hilario - 1.2M

Nicolas Anelka - 24M (January)

Transfers In:

Marcelo - 4.3M

Balotelli - 14M

Aguero - 38M

Srna - 20M

Zapata - 12.25M

Guiseppe Rossi - 26.M (January)

Story of the season:

League Cup: Knocked out in 6th Round

FA Cup: Won

Premier League: Won

Champion's League: Knocked out in 1st Knockout Round (By Real Madrid - No Less)

Rossi underperformed severely, Drogba was amazing and so was Balotelli off the bench. Ashley Cole kept Marcelo out of the starting team most of the time, Essien and Aguero both played quite well, as did Lampard.

Second Season

Transfers Out:

Pizarro: 4.6M

Shevchenko: Free

Cudicini: Free

Alex: 5.5M

Ferreira: 1.6M

Beletti: 850K

Drogba: 23M

J.Cole: 16M

Deco: 15M

Jack Cork: 3.2M

Malouda: 16M

Ashley Cole: 20M

Kalou: 20M

Transfers In:

Edu: Free

Damian Le Tallec: Free

van der Vaart: 9.5M

Robinho: 37M

Guadardo: 20M

Joe Mattock: 1.3M

Rosina: 14M

Sakho: 24M

Ben Arfa: 20.5M

Asenjo: 7.5M

Jovetic: 14M

Story of Season:

So far, I am doing quite well. 3 wins (including CS) and 1 draw.

Tactics:

I play 4 - 2 - 4 like this:

GK: Cech, Asenjo

CB: Terry, Sakho

CB: Zapata, Mancienne, Ivanovic

LWB: Marcelo, Mattock

RWB: Srna, Bosingwa, Ivanovic

CM (with arrow to DM): Essien, Obi Mikel

AML: Guadardo, Jovetic, Robinho

AMC: Aguero, Lampard, Ben Arfa, van der Vaart

AMR: Rosina, Balotelli

ST: Robinho, Rossi

ST: Balotelli, Aguero

What do you think (I don't mind critisizm, I can take it)?

mate, i like the look of that team!! thats a pretty attacking formation.... surely you concede quite a few?

WHo are your top scorers, assist makers, highest average, worst average?

Only position i would improve is AMR (simply because i have never used Rosina).... i personally would retrain Aguero to AMR and play either one of Rossi or Robinho (whichever is not ST) at AMC.... could work?

IN:

Franck Jurietti---RB/LB---£2m

Maxwell---LM/LB---£14m

Darijo Srna---RM/RB---£15.5m

Oscar Cardozo---ST---£6.5m

Andrey Arshavin---ST/AMC/R/L---£12m

OUT:

Florent Malouda---£8m

Michael Ballack---£14m

Wayne Bridge---£9m

Salomon Kalou---£7m

John Obi Mikel---£10m

Joe Cole---£17m

many people have said they sell ballack for only £5m i set his transfer status for sale at £14m then offer him to clubs sooner or later someone makes the £14m offer

mate, i like the look of that team!! thats a pretty attacking formation.... surely you concede quite a few?

WHo are your top scorers, assist makers, highest average, worst average?

Only position i would improve is AMR (simply because i have never used Rosina).... i personally would retrain Aguero to AMR and play either one of Rossi or Robinho (whichever is not ST) at AMC.... could work?

Canal.

Yes, I must be honest, I don't usually play such an attacking formation and obviously, concede alot more then I am used too.

Top Scorers For 08/09:

Drogba: 32 goals in 41 Apps (So then I go and sell him)

Aguero: 22 goals in 46 Apps, playing AMC

Balotelli: 17 goals in 49 Apps (alot of these were coming off the bench, he's starting now)

Deco: 16 goals in 38 Apps (I probably shouldn't have sold him)

Top Assist Maker: Drogba:- 19 Assists in 41 Apps (I really shouldn't have sold him!)

Highest Rating: Didier Drogba: - 7.39

I have retrained Aguero in AMR, but not really played him there properly. It definitely could work and I will probably give it a go.

I really like your team. I just had a bit of a look at Sukuta-Pasu, he's pretty good, but I'm amazed he is out-doing Villa judging by his stats in my game.

2011 January Transfer Window.

Out - Ben Sahar - 2.6m

In - Alexis Sanchez - 11.75m

Federico Laurito - 10.25m

Cristiano Ronaldo - 80m :D

So now after having 110m in bank im left with 10 lol. but I have brought in 3 stars, unfortunately Laurito didn't get a work permit so will loan him to Westerlo but he is in the Argentina team now so should be okay, I just couldn't turn down the cut prices of either of the Udinese stars!

Sanchez playing left wing has actually been amazing!

Played 9 scored 2 assists 5 but and AvR of 7.51! which is the best in my team so far and seems to get over a 7 every game! been brilliant. and his value has already risen by 2m in a month. Got too many players though, who would you sell?

GK - Cech/Enyeama/Regen

DR - De Silvestri/Richards

DL - Cole/Marcelo

DC - Terry/Fazio

DC - Richards/David Luiz

Wingers (can play both wings) - Ronaldo/Sanchez/Marquinhos/Fernandez/Giovinco/Kuzmanovic

MC - Essien/Lampard/Toulalan/Sankhare/Kuzmanovic

FC - Vela/Balotelli/Bendtner/Higuain/Giovinco/Marquinhos/Sanchez/Briand/Laurito (when wp approved)

Selection crisis! so far it hasn't been to bad with rotating as i've been able to put all but Briand and Bendtner on the wings, I will sell Briand when I can but currently cannot due to him only just arriving. But now with Ronaldo arriving and Sanchez in flying form, I am relying on injuries to help me rotate lol. its only really up front and wings tbh, could do with selling one or two but i like them all so not sure who! Bendtner maybe but then I have no out and out strikers until Laurito comes back. hmmm HELP!!

I signed Villa (2010/2011) and he has only managed 22 games! his injury list looks like this..

Broken Leg (Thigh) - 5 months

Bruised Thigh - 1 week

Fractured Ribs - 1 months

Bruised Ribs - 3 days

Pulled Hamstring - 2 weeks

And at the moment, he is out for 5 more months with a broken lower leg!?

dexta! mate! wow....

GK: Cech

RB: De Silvestri

LB: Cole

CB: Terry

CB: Richards

AMR: Ronaldo

AML: Marquinhos

MC: Essien

MC: Toulalan

ST: Vela

ST: Balotelli

Thats what i would do.... keep Higuain, Sanchez, Laurito and sell off Bendtner and Briand...

Bendtner can be sold for a fair amount!

But Vela and Balotelli, probably two of the BEST players in the game! they have to start and together they must be unstoppable?!

they have been good, Balotelli is injured alot though. I will sell the 2 you said. just hope i can make more than the 16m i spent on Bendtner because he hasn't been great since i signed him. but that is basically my lineup atm. When everyone is fit. tbh if i get a decent offer for anyone i might take it to make it easier to rotate. I still want Messi though lol!

1st season i won the league and the champions league, didnt deserve the champions league, as i was very fortunate knocking out man u and barca on away goals, and beating inter in the final on penalties.

Doesnt matter, you still deserved to win!

I just finished my first season with Chelsea (only bought Giovinco in january for €12,5M):

- Won the Premier League with 95 points (losing at home to Bolton and Tottenham in the last few matches :mad: )

- Lost the Carling cup to Arsenal on penalties after they drew level 2 minutes from time

- Won the FA Cup against Liverpool, thanks to Anelka scoring 2 minutes from time :D

- Won the Champions League, after knocking out Arsenal on away goals, then Barcelona on away goals and then beat Real Madrid on penalties! (Anelka scoring the winner).

Good season Benoit and only one signing, did you sell anyone? are you looking to strengthen this season?

Didnt sell anyone. Only used this season as a test run to see what things are different compared to FM08. I disabled the transfer window in august and only bought Giovinco because Malouda broke his leg.

Not sure I'll go to the second season, maybe I'll wait till the 9.2 patch is released and then start proper. I certainly dont have a lot of money to spend, after having blown most of it on youngsters for the future :D

When I start a proper game with the 9.2 patch once its released, I'll be a little more carefull with buying too many youngsters. Even so, how are you guys selling all your players for so much money? And is it upfront, or spread over 24 months? (and pounds, or euro's?)

I play in £'s its very easy to sell your players for good money in this game! most of mine have been upfront. Drogba 30m - Arsenal, Joe Cole 30m - Man City, Drenthe 20m - Inter, Demichelis 16m and 13m over 12months - Roma, Carvalho 15m - Inter, Bridge 10m - Man City all upfront minus the demichelis deal.

It is very easy to make alot of money from your players on 09.

usually Transfer List and set a reasonable asking price that you think you might be able to get and then sometimes you get an offer, if not offer them out and they usually bid your asking price. But never seem to offer you it if they bid and you negotiate, not often anyways.

another dilemma.... ok, been sitting here at my desk for 5 hours non stop fm-ing! do i, have a break? go to sleep? or keep playing?

now that the hardest question is issued...

back to the game... ok

Sukuta-Pasu, scored 35 in 43 BUT David Villa has come back from injury (condition is 96%), do i switch to 4-4-2 and hope for the best, of keep Villa on the bench and use him solely as a sub?! He is my best striker but seems injury prone and Sukuta-Pasu BANGS THEM IN! HELP ME PLEASE?!

i am kinda losing patience with Villa, i spent a fair amount on him and so far he has done nothing.... he is 30 now, so only has a couple of seasons left... i think you are right Benoit and i will stick with my formation and keep Sukuta-Pasu as a lone ST, and play Aguero and Silva out wide, with Guilherme and Marquinhos rating at AMC.....

Not much else i can do to be honest!!

Well I've just started a game as Chelsea, however rather than aiming to completely overhaul I'm going for a 'realistic' game with the ethos of sell-to-buy.

Anyways, after a good start I'm approaching the end of December, with Lampard as by far my best player, averaging 8.65 with 21 goals in 17 games :-D

Formation roughly as follows:

-------------------Cech

Bosingwa----Carvalho-Terry------Cole

-------------Essien----Ballack

---Cole----------Lampard-------Kalou

-----------------Drogba

Forward arrows on the full-backs, wingers and AMC, backward arrow on one MC. Attacking mentality, high creativity, free roles for wingers and AMC, defenders push up etc.

I've already got some transfers lined up for the end of season, which are:

Out:

Anelka to Aston Villa - £15m + £5m clauses

Malouda to Newcastle - £15m

Belletti to Portsmouth - £4m

Ferreira to Getafe - £3.2m

Total £37.2m

In:

DR: Marvell Wynne (Toronto) £1.2m

Anelka is perhaps the only unrealistic sale, but in 11 games he hasn't scored and I just can't get anything more from him, so he's gotta go. Wynne is a pacey right-back who has impressed me in a few MLS games, so he's coming in to be a backup for Bosingwa...

Further players I'll consider selling for the right price:

GK: Cudicini (I like him but he needs some first team football, it's only fair)

DL: Bridge (as above)

DC: Alex (he's a beast, but no more than a squad player. I'd rather groom Mancienne into the first 11)

DRC: Ivanovic (solid player, but again no more than a squad player. Expendable)

MC: Mikel (I don't rate as much as fellow fans, and would sell if I got a good £10m+ offer)

AMC: Deco (After 12 months I'll let him go back to Portugal/Brazil. Too inconsistent for my liking)

SC: Di Santo (Is never going to be a world beater. £5m and he's off...)

Potential signings:

GK: Guillermo Ochoa (America)

DC: Mark Beevers (Shef Wed)

DMC: Hernanes (Sao Paulo)

AML: Andres Guardado (Deportivo)

AMR/FC: Nathan Burns (AEK)

FC: Keirrison (Cortiba)

SC: Pogrebnyak (Zenit)

My intention for Ochoa is to bring him in and rotate him with Cech. I like Cech, but I don't think he's got the edge he did before his head injury, and Ochoa is a younger more agile replacement. I have no idea what Ochoa will cost but hopefully only £7-8m with a bit of luck.

Beevers is a valuable young English centre-back with a big future, so he's going to be a priority. He fits my 3 year plan for my central defence, which will include an ageing Carvalho and JT, plus Mancienne and Beevers.

Hernanes is a player who fits "the Brazilian Way". He's just won the Serie A with Sao Paulo, and was their best player, so I can see him slotting in to midfield to replace Ballack as soon as he arrives. Ballack/Deco/Mikel as a backup midfield will still be formidable, even with 2 of them being way past 30. £10m or so should net him for me...

Guardado is someone I've wanted us to sign for ages. He's one of the best young wingers in the world and with Deportivo in a dire financial situation, would not force a massive price in the market. In-game, I think £17m should secure his services. He'll hopefully dominate the left wing for years to come, and it solves a long-standing problem since that cripple Robben left us.

Nathan Burns is currently the best young Aussie I've seen, pacey and capable of playing on the right wing, and he's played brilliantly for me in FM Live. A useful addition, and cheap too...

Keirrison was the best young striker in Brazil this year. Not only can he finish, he can also link up play brilliantly and is arguably better than Pato at this stage. Cortiba aren't wealthy so £5m should get him.

Finally, Pogrebnyak looks like a suitable replacement for Drogba as a target-man. I have no idea what he'll cost, but if I can turf out Drogba at the end of the season to Inter or Madrid I'll put the funds towards him. Should keep Abramovich happy as well ;-)

So, my 3 year plan is to have:

GK: Cech / Ochoa / Hilario

DL: Cole / Bertrand

DC: Terry / Beevers

DC: Mancienne / Carvalho

DR: Bosingwa / Wynne

(D)MC: Essien / Mikel (or replacement)

MC: Hernanes / Ballack (or replacement)

AML: Guardado / Sinclair

AMC: Lampard / Deco

AMR: Cole / Kalou

SC: Keirrison / Pogrebnyak / Burns

Mate what tactic are you playing? i've been looking for a 4-2-3-1 tactic for a while which works on fm. did you make it yourself? Lampard 21 goals in 17 wow! my strikers don't even get near that!

Who's this guy? he isn't in my game, got a screenie?

I looked at Beevers but his pace is poor, but then again so is JT's so could be good. 3 year plan looks good, You can get Pogrebnyak 1st season for around 5m. Who is this Burns guy too?

Sign Sukuta-Pasu, now!

I have just won Premier League after 33 games.... Top goalscorer Sukuta-Pasu with 31! and he has only started 29 games.... he is a goal machine!! He has won the past 4 young player of the month awards and is favourite to win Champions Cup best player! he is 21 and is already better than Villa and he is second best only to Aguero (who i play out wide to unleash the beast that is Sukuta-Pasu)!

However, £21 million for him or whatever i paid, was a risk! it paid off though :D!

.... only 3 more weeks til Villa has recovered from his newest injury... haha

nice Canal mate. Pasu looks brilliant can't believe I ever doubted him! will sign him next time. I could be winning the league soon played 29 and 9 points ahead of Arsenal :) havent lost yet, fingers crossed I can go unbeaten, was unbeaten in all comps until Bordeaux beat me in the 2nd leg of CL knockouts but I went through on away goals.

So this Sukuta-Pasu...should I sign him too, even though I'm playing with Real Madrid?
Mate what tactic are you playing? i've been looking for a 4-2-3-1 tactic for a while which works on fm. did you make it yourself? Lampard 21 goals in 17 wow! my strikers don't even get near that!

Who's this guy? he isn't in my game, got a screenie?

I looked at Beevers but his pace is poor, but then again so is JT's so could be good. 3 year plan looks good, You can get Pogrebnyak 1st season for around 5m. Who is this Burns guy too?

Yeah its my tactic, very offensive, needs tweaking for away games. I can maybe upload it tonight (after 9) if you like? Lampard is scoring all my goals, Anelka has none in 11 and Drogba 2 in 6!

I can show you a pic of Marvell Wynne, he doesn't appear even in large db very often, but as an early target I reloaded a few times. I'll upload a screenshot after 9.

As for Pogrebnyak, if he's only £5m then I'll sign him. He scored against me twice in the CL already.

And Burns, he's a 20 yr old Aussie, not that brilliant in potential but solid and I like him. Used to play for Adelaide and has a lot of pace. I like pacey forwards :D

Although i keep winning the League, this season has got even worse in Cups!

Lost Champions Cup in Semi-Finals to Inter (2-1 Agg)

Lost League Cup in Semis to Newcastle (0-0, 0-0 Penalties)

Lost FA Cup Semis to Liverpool (0-0 Penalties)

Won Community Shield 4-1 Vs Arsenal

I think it must be because i play back-up players, and they cant seem to score!? next season, i am gonna go for the whole lot and play a full strength team in all competitions even if i end up playing people like Havant & Waterlooville!? haha

Okay mate cheers. ah see my tactic all my goals from from my midfielders anyways, need a tactic like the old los galacticos which works so well last season.

Toulalan Essien and Lampard score quite alot as do my wingers. and my strikers on average have 1 in 2 which isn't bad just need a few more.

Will take a look if you upload it though mate, im not a fan of tweaking though as I play really quick and like a solid tactic home and away.

Are you winning every game? and comfortably?

Although i keep winning the League, this season has got even worse in Cups!

Lost Champions Cup in Semi-Finals to Inter (2-1 Agg)

Lost League Cup in Semis to Newcastle (0-0, 0-0 Penalties)

Lost FA Cup Semis to Liverpool (0-0 Penalties)

Won Community Shield 4-1 Vs Arsenal

I think it must be because i play back-up players, and they cant seem to score!? next season, i am gonna go for the whole lot and play a full strength team in all competitions even if i end up playing people like Havant & Waterlooville!? haha

I rarely play back up players unless I know i'm going through.

And I will continue strongly until I lose a competition because still so far so good (touch wood) I've won every competition available to me and hopefully will do the same this season!!

As far as I can remember (going from memory), I've won or drawn my league games, sitting 3 points from top - not lost in the league.

Lost in the CL away to Roma (quite realistic), drawn to Zenit at home and beaten Sparta Prague twice.

My poor performances are always due to injuries or cards tho, JT got a red in the Zenit game, and Deco, Ballack, Essien and Drogba got injured against Roma so I finished with 9 men!

Where do you play Srna, Ilsinho does look good and was good on 08 but not great. At only 1 year older he looks alot better on yours than mine. only has 10 for corners on mine and most of his other stats are 1 better on yours. There are plenty of better wingers on the game and his defensive stats aren't good enough for a full back so not sure whether I would get him.

In my opinion, Ilsinho would be good for a club like Everton or Villa, but is not good enough for Chelsea. If you do want another right-back, De Silvestri from Lazio would be a good choice (and they need the cash), or someone like Christian Ansaldi from Argentina.

But you could say the same about Srna in real life, and in FM he's practically the best full-back in the game....

i play Srna at RB but going forward and very attacking! Srna and Ilsinho have pretty similar stats, and if anything (screenie below), Ilsinho is better as he has similar defensive stats and much better attacking... will sign Ilsinho now for £7.5mil, keep him on the bench as he can play pretty much anywhere and then slowly introduce him into my first team as Srna heads off...

Comparison between Srna and Ilsinho

http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3md6.png

De Silvestri is immense. Won player of the year for me last season and Fans player of the year too. been amazing! He never gets injured and is the most consistant player in my squad and keeps just getting better and better, tbh Ilsinho looks better than Srna but would still go for De silvestri over both of them and hes also younger than both.

okay 1 second mate.

scr5955007cy9.th.jpg

This season

Last season and 2nd half of 1st season once he took Bosingwas place.

scr5981478md9.th.jpg

As you can see his AvR is very good! his assists aren't too amazing but I his crossing isn't the best but he's just so consistant and hes set up a few.

picture3fe5.th.png

This is the guy who i bought a few seasons ago... Kolodziecziak. Was originally a D/WBL but retraining to D/WB RL (in progress)

He was originally gonna take over from Srna, but as he has no first team experience, i am gonna loan him out next season and was hoping to bring in another RB who i can retrain for LB to provide adequate cover.... hence my interest in Ilsinho (he can play pretty much anywhere)..

De Silvestri looks solid enough on your game but my scouts claim he is 4th best RB and his stats just dont appear to be that fantastic...

picture1so8.th.png

i mean maybe thats just my game? and i do heavily rely upon my RB and LB to get assists and score goals!

my LB at the moment is Vargas, his stats are played 50 scored 10 assists 16!

Srna at RB, played 41 scored 7 assists 15!

De Silvestri doesn't look like he is near his PA on your game obviously Lazio haven't trained him very well. On my game he is still 17 away from his PA so still can improve! which would be amazing! but I think his hidden stats are very good. he is one of the best right backs on the game and with a very high PA aswell.

Archived