FM 09 Best Partnerships Thread

jams1234

This is the FM 09 thread where you can say what great partnerships you've had. This is the place not to brag about individual players, but players that work well together.

They can be two centre-midfielders, two strikers, two centre backs, two wingers that switch positions or 3 midfielders together, three strikers up front or a back five.

Try and use this format:

Player's Invovled:

Positions:

Team for:

Why they were so good for you:

Definitely would be my strike pairing for Napoli first season:

Player's Invovled: Ezequiel Lavezzi & Martin Palermo

Positions: Forwards - Pacy Striker & Target Man

Team for: Napoli

Why they were so good for you: Great link up play with Palermo set as target man, one-two's, through balls, flick on's, and Lavezzi setting up a lot of goals for Palermo from crosses.

Results - Lavezzi 42 games, 19 goals, 17 assists 7 mom's, Palermo 51 games 38 goals 5 assists 8 mom's

If it wasnt for them both getting injured for the final 3 games of the season, (Lavezzi missed the last 7), i would have qualified for the Champions League with Napoli in my first season, and almost won the title. Considering i had a very leaky defence, it shows just how well these two played together.

Player's Invovled: Defoe and Kevin Doyle

Positions: 2 strikers

Team for: Sunderland

Why they were so good for you: Helped my team establish themselves as european qualifiers and helped the team build up enough reputation to attract new and better players. Doyle has since moved on but Defoe is still scoring and is now 31, wouldnt suprise me if he went on to break the club goal record though. Doyle was my first signing and when playing with Defoe would bag lots of assists. Made up for a bad backline by scoring more than we conceeded.

Great idea for a thread. I haven't actually got a partnership up front yet as I just got the Man U job this season. I don't have Rooney Tevez or Berba any more, so I managed to bring in Balotelli, was wondering if anyone on here would have any ideas on who to get to partner him in a 4-4-2. Btw it's 2014 in my game, so it would have to be someone who's pretty young at the start of the game, as I try not to buy anyone over 24/25 yrs old.

For My Ajax game its a midfield 3

Players Involved: Javi Garcia, Gabri, Demy De Zeeuw

Position: CM,CM,DM

Team: Ajax

Why: The three of them bossed my midfield and helped me to a walkover league title in my first season. They all scored about 7-10 goals and a similar amount of assists each with avereage ratings from 7.14-7.29.

Player's Invovled: Doyle (Reading) and Danny (zenit)

Positions: Doyle as Target Striker... Danny as fast striker or in free role in the hole

Team for: QPR

Why they were so good for you: Doyle was excellent in championship season but was struggling in premiership season till i got danny from zenith..... Initially played danny in he hole behind doyle alone upfront and immediately saw both netting goals frequently. Switched to two upfront later in season and the team stormed up the table finishing 4th:)

Pandev as the second striker and Cardozo as the poacher/big man for my Juve save has worked a treat.

Cardozo topped the league for goals and chimed in with a handful of assists, while Pandev topped the league for assists and grabbed 10 league goals of his own.

What more could you ask?

Player's Invovled:Aguero + Guilherme(AM/FC, Cruzeiro)

Positions: Both forwards

Team for:A Madrid

Why they were so good for you: Last season for me, Guilherme managed 27 goals and 10 assits and Aguero got 26 goals and 16 assists which imo, seems like a very good striking partnership

Player's Invovled: Juan Manuel Mata and Simon Vukcevic

Positions: FC and AMC respectively

Team for: Sunderland

Why they were so good for you: They were fairly cheap, £3m and £10m respectively and they work brilliantly together. Vukcevic is fast, great on the ball, very good pass and has 20 for long shots so has the ability to put in a dangerous shot if there are no good passes available. He keeps playing great through balls for Mata who is very young, very quick and amazing at finishing.

After 15 games in the first season they have got me up to 4th practically by themselves, Mata has 12 goals with an average rating of about 7.6 and Vukcevic has 4 goals, 9 assists and an average rating of about 7.7.

Players Involved: Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic

Positions: DC and DC

Team: Man Utd

Why They Were So Good For You: Ferdinand - Fast as lightening and got the tackling and strength to go with it. Vidic - the brave rock of a man who tends to win all aerial challenges. Give Vidi the ol' backwards arrow (like in default 4-4-2) so he truly is the last obstacle but don't do that with Ferdy. Give him higher mentality and let him walk and pass (like irl). Perfect together - Both brilliant defenders, one especially good in air, other fast.

Player's involved: Breno & Mamadou Sakho

Positions: Both DC

Team: Man City

Why they are so good for you: What is amazing, when they play together, they both have the same general rating. (7.13 both atm). What is there to say except that my Man City side has conceded only 16 goals in 29 games, and these guys are only 21yo in my third season. That's another 10 years of solid defence in the worst case..

Player's Invovled: Balotelli and Milevskyi

Positions: ST

Team for: Tottenham Hotspur

Why they were so good for you: Only played 5 games with each other because of constant injuries, but in those games Milevskyi has scored 8 and assisted 4, Balotelli has scored 4 assisted 6

midfield - Palombo and Riquelme was an absolutely immense partnership in a diamond 442. No pace though so speedy wingers a must.

attack - Amauri and Drogba - Must admit I was surprised this worked. Very similiar players but with Riquelme just behind them and fast wingers they absolutely demolished the premiership. Try two target men it can work!

Any more partnerships to add everyone?

Andrea Pirlo + Gelson Fernandes

Pirlo the playmaker, spreading balls, recieving plenty of passes and lots of shots at goal.

Fernandes the ball winner, picking up anything that goes beyond him and Pirlo. Trained him to do short simple passes so as soon as he wins it, usually goes to Pirlo.

A perfect example of youth and experience:)

Players Invovled: Fazio and Sakho

Positions: DC

Team for: Liverpool

Why they were so good for you: Quality defence. Both have pace, and only conceded 15 goals in the Prem. They both scored a fair few from corners too. And bargains at £16.75m and £24.5m respectively.

Players Involved: Torres and Aguero

Positions: ST and AMC or ST

Team: Liverpool

Why they were good: 50 in 47 for Torres, average rating of 7.65, 15 in 38 for Aguero, plus 16 assists and average rating of 7.31.

Players Invovled: Fazio and Sakho

Positions: DC

Team for: Liverpool

Why they were so good for you: Quality defence. Both have pace, and only conceded 15 goals in the Prem. They both scored a fair few from corners too. And bargains at £16.75m and £24.5m respectively.

Players Involved: Torres and Aguero

Positions: ST and AMC or ST

Team: Liverpool

Why they were good: 50 in 47 for Torres, average rating of 7.65, 15 in 38 for Aguero, plus 16 assists and average rating of 7.31.

Fazio and Sakho as well for me, conceded 9 in the Prem. Fazio gets about 10 goals a season from corner. I used Bojan(got on a free!) and Kun and they killed it last year. Both have slowed down for some reason right now. I am in 2011.

Players Involved: Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez

Position: Forward/Striker

Team: Manchester United

Why they were so good: They're better together than either one partnering Berbatov IMHO. Both are fairly complete forwards, just lacking in heading. Have them both on very high creative freedom, free roles and switch positions. Their movements tear opponent's defence apart and allows both chances to hit goals, though Rooney seems to be the free-scoring one.

Player's Invovled: Miguel Veloso & Angelo Palombo

Positions: Centre Midfield

Team for: Lyon

Why they were so good for you: They are both very technically gifted players who are very creative, but at the same time are both very good tacklers.

• 4 weeks later...

Names:Carlos vela and keirrison

Positions: Two Forwards

Team: Arsenal

Why are they good: 32 goals in 38 app for keirrison and 20 goals and 22 assists in 51 apps for carlos vela

Keirrison is the big fav for european Champions Cup best player

Carlos vela is in line to win the English Players' Player of the year award

Archived