Home-Grown status - What gives?

I'm in May 2010 and I have a few players that have "trained in nation" HG status. The problem is they were supposed to gain "trained at club" in 2009. The due date is still there but their status hasn't changed. Is this a bug or do I have to do something first before they can gain "trained at club" HG status?

Does the player have to be at the club for 3 years to get "trained at club" regardless if he was trained in a different club for a year or two?

I have a player who's "trained at club" due date is 30.8.2008. He still has "trained in nation" even though based on the date he was due 2 years ago. 2010 is his 3rd season at the club. Hopefully when I reach July 1st it will change. I will update.

isn't 'trained at club' only for those that came through the youth ranks of your club? trained in nation is for if you bought another clubs player ( i believe keane for liverpool is trained in nation)

No - if you sign an 18-year-old before his 18th birthday, and keep him there for 3 years, he'll be homegrown.

isn't 'trained at club' only for those that came through the youth ranks of your club? trained in nation is for if you bought another clubs player ( i believe keane for liverpool is trained in nation)

Yes home grown in this case is home grown with the clubs academy or youth scheme

No, as long as they join you before they turn 18 (as this still allows enough time for them to build up 3 years at your club before they reach 21) they can be "homegrown for club".

EDIT: just seen about three people beat me to it!

So, any player who has been at the club for 3 years and was signed before he turned 18 will get "trained at club" ? Am I getting this right?

Does the player have to be native? i.e. if you play in the EPL does he have to be English?

No, as long as they join you before they turn 18 (as this still allows enough time for them to build up 3 years at your club before they reach 21) they can be "homegrown for club".

EDIT: just seen about three people beat me to it!

I think there's a bug in FM that only lets that happen if their history starts at the club they've been training for. I can't get Alex Pearce or Simon Cox to count for Reading because they have history of clubs they played for when they were 14. They're both 21 and have been at the club for 6 years (I'm on 07 so Cox isn't at Swindon).

found the link and some quotes from another post enjoy

Ok, I checked the regulations and this is a direct quote from them:

17.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of

the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during

which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been

registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire

seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant

national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant

national championship) or of 36 months.

17.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the

start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of

the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his

nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs

affiliated to the same national association as that of his current club for a

period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months

• 4 weeks later...

Giving this a pretty big bounce - does anyone know if this has been fixed in 9.2.0?

At the moment on my Man City game, Daniel Sturridge's due date for trained at club status is 30.6.08. However, the in-game date is well into January 2009. Bit of a shame if it's still broken as it sort of kills long-term gaming.

Giving this a pretty big bounce - does anyone know if this has been fixed in 9.2.0?

At the moment on my Man City game, Daniel Sturridge's due date for trained at club status is 30.6.08. However, the in-game date is well into January 2009. Bit of a shame if it's still broken as it sort of kills long-term gaming.

Is he in reserves or 1st team squad?

I've had a look at my squads and I have a Bulgarian regen in my 1st team squad flagged for reserves eligibility so he shows up on both screens.

On the 1st team screen he is "trained at club" but on the reserves screen his status is - Due 6.1.2013 (club). Its now now 2.3.2013 in my game so his due date has passed.

Seems buggy to me

Is he in reserves or 1st team squad?

I've had a look at my squads and I have a Bulgarian regen in my 1st team squad flagged for reserves eligibility so he shows up on both screens.

On the 1st team screen he is "trained at club" but on the reserves screen his status is - Due 6.1.2013 (club). Its now now 2.3.2013 in my game so his due date has passed.

Seems buggy to me

Aaah that's interesting - at least he is actually counting as being trained at club though! I'm running a quick holiday test a few years into the future with some youngsters who *should* become TAC that I've signed. If that does happen on the date, perhaps all is well.

Sturridge is in the reserves BTW, and is listed as trained in nation but not club. I'll see what happens if I put him in the first team.

Right having given this some further investigation it seems it is a display bug. For whatever reason, statuses (stati? what is the plural there?) don't seem to update in the reserve team view. However, they do in the first team - to take my example Sturridge is listed as trained in nation on the reserve page, with a due date in the past to become trained at club. However, when he is moved to the senior squad he is correctly listed as trained at club. So it seems that this, happily, isn't much more than a mildly annoying cosmetic bug.

yes its like this. a player who would be trained at club must be at the club for a certain amount of time.

So, any player who has been at the club for 3 years and was signed before he turned 18 will get "trained at club" ? Am I getting this right?

Does the player have to be native? i.e. if you play in the EPL does he have to be English?

Fabregas is 'home grown' because Arsenal got him when he was young enough.

I think there's a bug in FM that only lets that happen if their history starts at the club they've been training for. I can't get Alex Pearce or Simon Cox to count for Reading because they have history of clubs they played for when they were 14. They're both 21 and have been at the club for 6 years (I'm on 07 so Cox isn't at Swindon).

was the feature even on 07?????

Archived