New Game - top 5 must have players

ruffmeister

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u got to be kidding me :)

1. has to be aguero. hes the only superstar that will sign for a mid table club like spurs eventhough his contract says he is not interest. had to offer him 100,000.

2. palombo. my new captain for a new team. he is always mentioned as key match player in every game.

3. dario srna. yes he is damn good. was selected to be world player of the year. how crazy was that?

4. matias fernandez. i think you miss this dude. he plays extremely well at AML if u use this position. if not forget it. at $10m he is considered cheap.

5. hmmm... i can already win the league with those 4 players i mentioned but 5th would be Cardozo (goal scoring machine), Fazio the best defender if u can sign him, along with cheaper DCs like Radoi and Tasci. Zapata couldnt be bought in new season as he is 2 months out. only january window. marcelo at $4.4 is a bargain. veloso, moutinho, witsel, defour are just normal players to me.

ps - balotelli yes, but on loan is good enough.

1. Taye Taiwo - Best attacking LB around that I could get.

2. Stewart Downing - Brilliant on the left wing lacks pace but just plays brilliant.

3. Rafael Van der Vaart - Can be got for £3 million in 2nd season and is a wicked player that can be sold on for £25 million

4. Jose Bosingwa - £1.3 million at end of 2nd season still has great pace and never gettings tired running up and down the wings all game long.

5. Jermain Defoe - £3 million for an English striker that can bang in 25 goals a season easy.

!. Diarra: great as an mc ,dmc and even as a RB. Won defender of the year for me in my current season. 11-12mil

2.Santon: can play anywhere on the right, young and just keeps getting better 1.8-5mil

3. Aguero: great as an AMC or Fc. Not had him personally but we all knw he is a goal scoring machine

4.Fazio: greatly under rated DC here in these forums, has great stats for his defender attributes and only gets better . 5- 10 mil

5.Yet to decide on this..

Veloso - I tried to train him WDL and with Colucinni, you can cover every place in defence

Colucinni - not expensive and stable

Piatti - Cheap, stable and great in important matches, Also scores as forward

Van der Vaart - the cheapest and effective creative midfield in the game

Bojan - may be a bit too expensive

How did you manage to get them for those prices AcidBurn?!? I've never seen any of them go for that much!

Defoe was unhappy at Portsmouth and transfer listed, Bosingwa was in the reserves for some reason and transfer listed, Van der Vaart was also unhappy and had been all season so requested a transfer it was towards the end of the season so I am guessing the other teams had spent all their money luckily I had some left and he agreed to come.

In no particular order

Enyeama - Must buy once again.

Oscar Cardoza - Great goal scorer, imo the best striker you can get for under £5m.

Keirrison - Only costs £2.5m and is an excellent prospect.

Rafael Carioca - £3m release clause, solid from the start with potential to be even better.

Fuentes - Transfer listed with an asking price of 200k, good player for the money.

Yeah great thread, I haven't played it enough yet to really have a top 5 but I am an Analyst by trade so I thought I would total up all the votes, here is everyone that gets 3 or more votes so far....

Votes

7 Balotelli

5 Srna

4 Aguero

4 Veloso

3 Fazio

3 Palombo

3 Van der Vaart

3 Zapata

Hope this helps and I haven't trodden on anyones toes!

My choice has dramatically changed this time as Newcastle don't need a CB so desperately.

My signings in the first window were...

Alberto Zapater - £6.5M

Samuel - £1M (would usually buy Fazio but his team wanted a lot more this time round)

Colin Kazim-Richards - on loan (would usually buy Shaun Wright-Phillips)

Since then Newcastle have been sold to a wealthy, free-spending businessman who's been very generous with the cash, Ive bought...

Matias Fernandez - £10M

Guiseppe Rossi - £14.75M

Jermain Defoe - £2.5M and Geremi

Zapata - aound £12M IIRC

Filipe - £8M

Ryan Taylor - £6M

Sergio Solerjo (sp???) - £7M

Andres D'Alessandro - £600K

Luis Jimenez - less than £2M

2nd in the Premiership, out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round by Liverpool :( Out of the League Cup in the 4th round by Arsenal :( Awesome players and all bargains IMO

Top 5 for me are:

1) Riquelme - scores loads of long range goals and freekicks...bought for 13m mid-way thru first season

2) Miguel torres - solid full back picked up for 2m....chip in with a few assists

3) Marcelo - transfer listed and solid.

4) Balolleti - young and promising. Scored 10 goals on the wing for me.

5) ?????? still to be filled...other signings not so inspired..

btw, im playing as newcastle...

Who are your top 5 must buys in a new games that you start.

Any league any team.

Let me know your must haves

Ta

Must be:

Diego Capel - £12m release fee - fantastically skillful and very quick scores lots in the AML position

Sorry its only one but the guy needs to be mentioned!

OK 13million for Veloso? Damn i had to pay 24 million but this was mid-season in my first year.

end of seson 2 sporting want 32m£ for him... i have released ticking in portugal leauges as background leauge was a mistake hehe

he got crazy ass stats and with long shot match engine he scores sick goals

1. Keirisson - This boy is amazing 5 seasons in.

2. Balotellu - He's a beast in the future, get him early then sell him for loads later.

3. Fazio - He scores all my corners, beastly defender, chelsea, man city , real all want him but they aint gonna get him :)

4. Vuckevic - Rounded attackin midfielder whose cheap, he's just amazing end of.

5. Veloso - Everyone knows hes solid in DM. All his stats look amazing.

1. Keirisson - This boy is amazing 5 seasons in.

2. Balotellu - He's a beast in the future, get him early then sell him for loads later.

3. Fazio - He scores all my corners, beastly defender, chelsea, man city , real all want him but they aint gonna get him :)

4. Vuckevic - Rounded attackin midfielder whose cheap, he's just amazing end of.

5. Veloso - Everyone knows hes solid in DM. All his stats look amazing.

1-huntelaar(30 goals a season)

2-mattock(3 million i paid and could be the best left back in the game)

3-diarra(always plays well)

4-zapata(very soild a consistent performer)

5-santon(just bought him(young and bags of potential)

Archived