Rediculous! An Injury Per Match!!!

I always found the FM games to be a bit unrealistic before when it comes down to injuries, no matter what team I was I always seem to get regular injuries and sometimes found it a bit unrealistic, but with FM09 its just plain outrageous! Im currently playing with Darlington in league 2, so obviously theyre not going to have the best training and physio equipment so you do expect injuries a bit more in the lower leagues, however to get an injury per match played is surely beyond tactics, training and anything else? Even if you lot replied and said its all down to training I still dont think this should be part of the game, you could train your players every day for 3 hours per session and I still dont think you would get an injury per game in real life.

Anyway, anyone got some advice on how to avoid this rediculous injury-per-game problem?

Cheers.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im arsenal and have 8 players out ,not had a chance to play my best XI yet , and i just played bolton and had both my centre backs get injured plus a striker

i now have only 1 cb which is'nt injured (djourour)

injured centre backs : toure (3weeks) silvestre (1month) naldo (3 months)

and im using the latest patch

im now at the point where i just dont wanna play FM09 anymore as it just isnt fun. ive now started 3 games now and in each one, by the time i get to september i have 3 or 4 top players out for 5 months! and yes i have been subbin players when they are tired.

2 of the injuries happened to players who had only been on the pitch for 10-15 mins so somethin if defo wrong, ive never had this problem with previous FM games.

+ the fact that fitness now seems to be the main reason why players get injured is ridiculous when u think about it. if a player is the victim of a bad tackle in a game, its the tackle that can hurt him, not the fact that hes tired.

anyone who has played or even watched football would know this so i just dont get why FM has gone down this road.

Yeah the injuries have to be looked at,If I see 1 more post about it is your tactics or training I will scream.

I have played 15 matches when I settled on QPR to play full time,I have 23 players in my 1st team,not 1 time have I had a full squad to choose from,which is fair enough but for the last month I have had 5-7 player's injured,all long term maybe 1month to a guy that I signed that was doing nicely for me out for 6months,I dont mind injuries it is part of the game but it almost seems the teams I have played have the West Ham luck.

I now never ever use my 3 subs regardless of how the game is going for me or how poorly a player is playing after I have made 2 subs,I have been stung a few times with player's being injured in the game and I have already used my subs.

In 1 game I changed a guy at half-time and in the 1st 20 mins of the 2nd half had 3 injuries(including the guy I brought on)ended up finshing that game with 9 players after a late injury.

So now I will change maybe 1 or at the most 2 for 80 mins of the match,if I have only used 1 then bring on the 2nd but will never use my 3rd,seems stupid but I wont take the chance anymore.

The injuries aswell as the ranged shooting really has to be addressed in a patch,they are the only 2 things that stop me enjoying fm09 100%

I've just had to use all 3 subs in the first 36 minutes of a match due to injuries :(

It's a joke!

It's not a joke. It's happened in real life before multiple times, it can happen in game too. Just move on. It happens.

well if u guys dun mind starting the game again ....

just edit ur data with that data editor, i make my injures percentage to like 0.0005 and i still get 1 player injured per like 3 or 4 games and they will be out for 2 month

and wat i find ridicolous is that bruised jaw can keep someone out for 2 month...!

i suppose i set all the injury percentage to 0.0000001 if i can be bothered to start the game again and trust me 0.000001 is not exaggerated

:eek:

It's not a joke. It's happened in real life before multiple times, it can happen in game too. Just move on. It happens.

Do you have an example please? I watch a lot of football and cant recall ever having seen that happen once never mind 'multiple times.'

Do you have an example please? I watch a lot of football and cant recall ever having seen that happen once never mind 'multiple times.'

Agreed, one injury OK, but three in 36 min. that is a not very real. Or two within 33 minutes, then another one after 78 and then one in injury time. Total 4.

injuries1to2.jpg"]injuries1to2.jpg[/url]

It is the demo and patched. Started a new demo game after the patching. I got injuries on a very regular basis, often two weeks or something so I can still handle it, but 4 in a match.

I find the injuries a joke on my game. I'm playing as West Ham so i don't know if there is a specific code written for them, but i had 5 players stretchered off in one game. Every match at least 1 or 2 of my players pick up a knock and someone has to be taken off through injury. Then they are out for a month or more! You could joke that it's quite realistic being West Ham, but this many injuries ain't funny!!

i heard if you tell your players to not tackle hard they might not get injured as much??? , seems a bit daft though! , i think injuries have been toned down slightly with the patch but i still think there are to many long term injuries .

hopefully they will tone them down a bit more in another patch?

i dont have a problem with injuries its part n parcel of football after all but in FM09 it just feels artificial for want of a better word. out of all the CM/FM games i have played (1st one bein 93) this one has left me feelin the most frustated.

the whole fitness/injury thing seemd porked. take stevie gerard for example, he has stamina of 18 yet if i play him for 90 mins he risks injury cos he gets to tired??

as i said above, players gettin injured should have nothin to do with players gettin tired. tiredness should affect performance and workrate.

i really hope another patch will be released sooner rather than later but u fear we may have to wait till feb which is a shame.

maybe this will be the year that championship manager takes FM's crown of best management game. who would've thought that 1 month ago?

ps

to viking

what excatly are u doin to avoid injuries mate.? my 3 games have been unplayable

With another three months of time in the game, I´ve had some injuries. I´d say the problem for me isn´t the amount of injuries, but that they all seem to be very severe. Four injuried players, all away for at least 2-6 months. I haven´t seen any "minor" injuries at all.

I'm Ac milan and the injurys i have right now as follows.

inzaghi - 2 months

nesta - 7 months

kalac - 3 months

emerson - 1 month

kaka - 4 months

gattuso- 3 weeks

senderos - 9 months!!!!!!

brorrielle - 3 months!!

pato - 3 days

lol i think i'm about to resign milan manager and go back to farming corn

I agree that reducing training a few notches seems to make a big difference. Seemed to stop injuries almost completely for me but could just be coincidence.

My main gripe is that central midfielders lose far too much condition during a match and I nearly always have to sub them after about an hour otherwise they would probably get crocked. There's no way CMs tire that quickly in real football - definitely needs fixing.

I think Viking nailed it for me. At Newcastle I've currently got 7 players out injured for a month or more. It does seem to be the severity of the injury is just as much a problem - if not more of a problem - than the actual number of injuries that occur.

ive not had a bad injury for six games now , at first i had a lot of players out , 8 in total one had a long term injury of 3 months but he was back in a month.

im starting to think the injuries are not as bad as first thought.

I've been finding it relatively stable. I'll usually have 1-2 players injured. There'll be the odd crisis of course, but it feels fairly close to what happens in reality.

That said I try to rotate when fitness starts dropping, play with a slow tempo and drop my training a little lower then default.

I've been finding it relatively stable. I'll usually have 1-2 players injured. There'll be the odd crisis of course, but it feels fairly close to what happens in reality.

That said I try to rotate when fitness starts dropping, play with a slow tempo and drop my training a little lower then default.

yeah every team goes through a so calles injury crisis , i think mine hopefully came and went at the begining of the season , im now on a nice run of results and only have 4 players out with which 2 are the long term rosicky and eduardo .

I don't see a huge problem either to be honest, I'm into the backend of my second season managing two teams, Newcastle and Leeds. The injuries seem fine to me, maybe there aren't many niggles. I don't seem to get many week long injuries for example but the amount of players out at the same time hasn't been a problem

However it has already been announced by SI in one of the million injury threads that they are to be tweaked again in the next patch so don't panic!

whats going on? first i can't get the disc to activate till the next day, now i finally get it working and my team is depleted through the injury bug! At the end of the day this is a game and is supposed to be fun, pre-patch had every centre back injurred for three months plus, probabally due to setting their tackling on hard!!? now playing my reserves in the premier league. Patch lucklily cured some injuries and doesn't seem to have been as bad since. Isnt this sort of rubbish what beta testers are supposed to report on!???

Cant believe some people have said this happens in real life, sorry but thats complete tosh, Im 99.9% sure no team in the English leagues get a player injured per game, no chance.

Anyway just to update Im now manager of Cambridge and will update on the injury situation, so far 2 games and guess what, yep, 2 injuries.

hate to say it....but this **** happens in football.

believe me, ferguson, wenger, they share your pain.

Its not 'ridiculous' its football.

some tips, dont play anyone if they are under 92% fitness, but if you must, take them off at 60 mins.

If your player picks up a knock on the pitch check his condition immediately if hes under 60%, dont wait take him off.

If above, you can prob wait till half time in the first half, or 70 mins in the second.

hire good fitness coaches, i always have at least 3 of the best i can get.

and good physios.

I don't see a huge problem either to be honest, I'm into the backend of my second season managing two teams, Newcastle and Leeds. The injuries seem fine to me, maybe there aren't many niggles. I don't seem to get many week long injuries for example but the amount of players out at the same time hasn't been a problem

However it has already been announced by SI in one of the million injury threads that they are to be tweaked again in the next patch so don't panic!

Same thing here, although two separate games and still in first season meddling with tactics.

I've had to adjust my training and ensure players are rested between games in varying degrees.

FWIW, I am playing a game in MLS, and four games into the season, I have four players out with injuries. However, there are four teams with 10 players or more out with injuries.

At the same time, there are 94 injuries four games into the season across the 14 team league.

That seems a bit excessive.

Archived