FM09: The Official What Team Should I Be Thread

Struggling who to be? or maybe you Just want to let people know who you are being and why. Well this is the place for it.

I have taken this idea from Cleons very succesful thread for FM07 and then my succesful thread of FM08 lets hope its a sucess in FM09.

So This is the format:

Club:

Division:

Transfer Budget:

Key Players:

Good Points:

Bad Points:

Additional Information:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club: Man City

Division: Premier League

Transfer Budget: Around 80mil for saying you can get into europe

Key Players: Robinho, Elano

Good Points: Very good midfield, Large Transfer Budget

Bad Points: Not many really

Additional Information: Could probably do with 1 or 2 more defenders, a striker and maybe a goalkeeper

Club: Arsenal

Transfer Budget: £38mil for title challenge, £41mil for win league

Key Players: K. Toure, B. Sagna, F. Fabregas, S. Nasri, E. Adebayor

Good Points: Good budget, strong squad, great team thread

Bad Points: Expected a lot of, squad lacks good backup.

Additional Information: Need a new 'keeper, and preferably a backup winger too.

BTW, I reckon you need to make the starting post a bit clearer, make sure people know it's for reccomending teams and getting advice. It's a bit unclear at the moment.

Good luck with this thread:)

Club: Liverpool

Transfer Budget: £3-6 Million but the board will give you more

Key Players: F.Torres, S. Gerrard, P.Reina, D.Agger, J.Mascherano

Good Points: Good team quite capable of what is expected

Bad Points: Lack of money, no right winger or good full backs.

Additional Information: Best Striker in Europe- Should i say no more?

Can you bring the long waited League Title back to Anfield

Club: St. Albans City

Division: Blue Square South

Transfer Budget: Yeah, right!

Key Players: Hakim, Sulaiman, Ben Martin, Clarke (when fit).

Good Points: There is a good basis at St. Albans for building a side that could challenge in the BSS. A solid defence that can dominate in the air. Good attacking players like Sulaiman and a good goalscorer at this level in Paul Hakim. New signings like Gary Cohen and Alex Bailey look like exciting prospects.

Bad Points: Lack of money. Had a poor season last time around so predicted by the media for lower table/survival. Lots of new signings so squad will need time to gell. Need to be strengthened in the middle of the park. Requirement for a strong second striker to support Hakim. Finally, can you get the best out of Lee Clarke? He has an excellent goal ratio at this level but has been in poor form recently. You will need to get him fit and then make a decision about whether he is better in the middle of the park or up front.

Additional Information: It is a centenary season for the mighty Saints - can you bring some happy times back to Clarence Park? To mark the occasion, City will be playing in a blue and gold replica of their original 1908 football kit.

Saints have not had a dull moment in the last three seasons. They were promoted to the conference in 2005/06, relegated back to the conference south in 2006/07 and nearly relegated again last season. The Saints never make it easy on themselves. You will need to steady the ship and consolidate after a disasterous campaign in 2007/08.

The BSS is a very close division this year, so with some canny management and a few signings, you may feel that you can push on for a promotion spot. Expectation is always high at Clarence Park and what the fans really want is to see the mighty Saints back in the conference. Can you be the man to do it and attain hero status at this proud Hertfordshire club? Good luck.

Here is the official thread: St. Albans City FC Official Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Club: Udinese

Division: Italian serie A

Transfer Budget:3-4MLN €

Key Players: Handanovic, Di Natale, Quagliarella, Sanchez, Zapata, Felipe, Inler

Good Points: huge quality for a starting mid-table expectation, some fantastic prospects, many hot youngsters and backup players away on loan to cover unexpected sales, easy to make money when in Europe due to low expense on wages, patient board

Bad Points: low transfer and wage budget, difficult to keep star players

Additional Information: Squad is well balanced, potential title challengers 2-3 seasons in, board expects mid-table finish so gives lot of time to adjust for europe and title challenging. May need a backup CM but can easily rely on youngsters already at team

Club: Fenerbahce SK

Division: Turkish Premier Division

Transfer Budget: £8m

Key Players: Alex, Lugano, Guiza, Volkan Demirel

Good Points: Best squad in the Turkish league, good challenge to do well in Europe

Bad Points: The foreigner rule in Turkey (allowed 8 in total but 6 in the starting 11 and 2 on the bench)

Additional Information: You have a good side to do well in the Turkish league and cup, but may need strengthening with some quality Turkish players.

Good Luck :D

Club:Fulham

Division:Prem

Transfer Budget:3-6m

Key Players:Bullard, Johnson, Hangeland

Good Points:good challenge and a decent team with passionate fans :)

Bad Points:bad squad harmony and morale

Additional Information:COYW

Just trying to think of a different game to start. I am currently Sunderland as I support them in real life, I seem to always manage in England and appart from Shakhtar have never had a long term game outside England in the last couple of FMs. So any ideas on somwhere fun to manage want a team that has an easy league but europe is really hard, can anyone help?

Just trying to think of a different game to start. I am currently Sunderland as I support them in real life, I seem to always manage in England and appart from Shakhtar have never had a long term game outside England in the last couple of FMs. So any ideas on somwhere fun to manage want a team that has an easy league but europe is really hard, can anyone help?

Fenerbahce...

rangers or celtic from the SPL

even though they are scum ;)

Club: Inter Milan

Division: Serie A

Transfer Budget: £12M-£14.5M

Key Players: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Esteban Cambiasso, Materazzi, Julio Cesar

Good Points: Good squad, great defense, superb youth

Bad Points: expectations, ageing midfield

Additional Information: Need to replace some midfield players, Serie A winner is a definite possibility. However winning the Champions Trophy would be a challenge.

Club: Napoli

Division: Serie A

Transfer Budget: £6M-£8.5M

Key Players: Ezequiel Lavezzi, Marek Hamsik, Christian Maggio, Manuele Blasi

Good Points: Great stadium, good fan base and history, low expectations, a fulcrum to build the team around in Hamsik

Bad Points: small squad, lots of deadwood, poor defence and keeper, small wage budget, lots of rivals

Additional Information: Need to replace most of the squad, try to keep an Argentinian/Italian theme and recreate the glory days of Maradona

I always liked this thread when I was playing FM 08, so gonna bump this again to the first page again. Also I would like a new team to go, preferably in Scotland, England, Italy, Spain, or Germany. Already had a go at Aston Villa, Liverpool, Man City, Wolves, Villarreal, Ath. Madrid, Juventus and Shakhtar but got bored in all of them. My longest save being one season with Wolves getting them into the Premiership then like the rest getting fed up with it.

Am willing to go a in anyone in Scotland apart from Celtic (being a Rangers fan), am not sure about Premiership teams the saves i've had so far have been really annoying and boring.

In Italy I would be willing to go anyone of the big teams like Inter, AC, Roma, Fiorentina and maybe have a try at Napoli and Udiense.

In Spain I really not sure who I would and wouldn't like to go so all suggestions welcomed apart from the teams I've already been.

As for Germany someone would have to put forward a really good suggestion and reason why I should manage they're suggested team, as Germany is not my most favourite of countries to manage in to say the least.

Any other teams from other countries are also welcomed as long as it's not in stupid places like India or China.

Really appreicate your suggestions thanks. ;)

Club: Manchester United

Division: English Premiership (though maybe not for long the way things are going for me) :(

Transfer Budget: 5.5 million (in december)

Key Players: Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand

Good Points: 92000 All-seater stadium. A great opportunity to enhance my manager rep after 5 yrs at celtic.

Bad Points: Man City are rampant in the league since it's 2014 in my save and I've only been at Man Utd for just over a season

Additional Information: No strenght in depth, desperately need a top class keeper, a cb to replace the 35 year old Rio Ferdinand a rb to replace 33 yr old Evra and a striker, as I sold Tevez and my predecessor sold rooney and Berbatov.

54224juvelogo.png

Club: Juventus

Division:Serie A

Transfer Budget: £9,5M ~ £10,5M

Key Players: Alessandro Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini, Mauro Camoranesi

Good Points: The greatest keeper in the world, a really great attacking force, good midfield ,some really good youngsters. Good money to strengthen this squad, you propably need just a CB and a backup RB/LB to go.

Bad Points: The defence need some good players, only Chiellini is World Class, Legrottaglie is really good but he can play just one season. De Ceglie will become world class, but you dont have any good backup.

Additional Information: You get a good squad to play in the league and Champions League, you can fight for the win in both competitions, altough it won't be easy ;). And Juventus has got a really nice club thred :pJuventus Thread

Club: valencia

Division: la liga

Transfer Budget: £800,000 give or take

Key Players: david silva, raul albiol, juan mata

Good Points: solid all over, no major overhauls required, very good team spirit, a lot of spaniards

Bad Points: not too much money to spend.

Additional Information: sell joaquin, overrated (just like real life), and sell vicente, buy sisi as a winger. need a striekr to partner villa, but sunny comes good

Club: Shakhtar Donetsk

Division: Ukrainian High League

Transfer Budget: Ł40 million, pretty much unchangable

Key Players: Chygrinsky (sp?), Srna, Fernandinho

Good Points: Decent squad which should win the title by itself, great budget and a lot of very good players will join (Cardozo and Mata to name two), also Srna is fb

Bad Points: No decent DM nor a great LB, a lot of Brazilians are average and a lot of players have the wrong stats for the position (CBs with 10 jumping and strikers with 11 finishing)

Additional Information: The Miners should prove to be and easy game at home but a nice challenge in Europe

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62467 here is the Shakhtar thread

EDIT: The wage budget isn't all too great, so you might want to transfer a couple of million from transfers there...

Also, whoever made the Udinese post should change Zapate into Zapata. And sorry for any typing errors I made...

Sorry about that Hopey....will edit that part of my post.

You still seem to have missed the point of this thread though.

This thread is to help people decide who they should be at the start of their game and to give them a bit of inspiration if they are struggling to pick a team to start with.

Giving information about your Manchester United team in 2014 may be interesting to some (certainly not to me) but it won't help someone to decide whether or not they want to manage them in their FM save as everything will be different.

With this in mind, you might want to edit your post and change the Transfer Budget, Good Points, Bad Points and Additional Information sections. Post up some information about the club at the start of the game so that others can see what it might be like to manage them and what challenges are involved (if any).

Club: Southampton

Division: English Championship

Transfer Budget: Whats that?

Wage Budget: Hahaha

Key Players: Lallana, Schneiderlin, Cork (on loan from Chelsea)

Good Points: Very good youngsters, and a good chance of producing more in the future

Bad Points: Totally and utterly broke

Additional Information: Basically, you've got a world class youth setup. The Saints have half-a-dozen plus 18-21 year olds in the first team already, and several of those can go on to be top, top quality players. However, you need this youth setup, as you have no money. A real challenge, but you're in arguably the most open and unpredictable league in the world, so success is not out of reach.

Club: Cruzeiro

Division: Brazilian First Division

Transfer Budget: Not much :D

Key Players: Guillherme, Ramires, Thiago Heleno, Juan Pablo Sorin, Johnathan

Good Points: Brilliant youth academy, good attacking options

Bad Points: About 4m in the red to start off with, pretty much all your players have "Wnt" next to them!

Additional Information: A great little challenge, it's a very competetive league, i won the Copa Liberatores and first division by a point! Took Barca all the way to pens in the World Club Cup Final, Johnathan missed :(. An awesome youth academy, one of the best in the world, produces some excellent talents. You start off in the red though, i only got round it because Roma bought my best striker (Guillherme) for 22.5m, that sorted it out :D

Try it :thup:

Division: Coca Cola Championship

Transfer Budget: £0

Key Players: Surman, Lallana, John and Svensson

Good Points: Excellent youth academy. Good long term game.

Bad Points: Nothing to spend. (although you do get 60% of players transfer fees you recieve)

Additional Information: Good long term game. 2 * PA players. Sleeping giant.

Division: Coca Cola Championship

Transfer Budget: £0

Key Players: Surman, Lallana, John and Svensson

Good Points: Excellent youth academy. Good long term game.

Bad Points: Nothing to spend. (although you do get 60% of players transfer fees you recieve)

Additional Information: Good long term game. 2 -8 PA players. Sleeping giant.

*cough*

Look two posts above yours :p

Club: Leeds United

Division: Coca Cola League 1

Transfer Budget: £100k, though a friend of mine had zero

Key Players: beckford, prutton, delph, huntington

Good Points:excellent stadium and facilities in league 1, some good young players, good all round squad

Bad Points:Not alot of money for wages/transfers. High expectation

Additional Information: Leeds are a great challenge, no money but the backbone is already there for you to build on. Prutton is excellent (made him my captain). Your expected to win the league but it isn't as easy as it sounds!

Club: Tottenham

Division: Tottenham Hotspur

Transfer Budget: 30 million depending on where you say you'll finish

key players: Corluka, modric, King, Bent, bentley, bale

good points: lots of money first season, decent squad, decent stadium, good young talent

bad points: high expectations

Club: Aston Villa

Transfer Budget: £4M at start, upped to around £20M in November

Key Players: Gareth Barry, Milner, Ashley Young, Cuellar, Davies

Good Points: Great english backbone with a quality midfield to build on

Bad Points: Lack of squad depth, only two real fullbacks, no quality forwards.

Additional Information: Its a great challenge to keep your stars such as Barry, Young and Milner and build a English squad. You get plenty of transfer kitty so thats not a problem. I'm really enjoying my save!

Club: Notts County

Division: Coca Cola League 2

Transfer Budget: 10k

Key Players: Michael Johnson, Delroy Facey, Mike Edwards

Good Points: Solid CB partnership, Players with Premiership experience, fairly low expectations and a great history.

Bad Points: Old squad, only one Left Winger, lack of cover.

Additional Information: Potential is there with former premiership players including Delroy Facey (Bolton), Russell Hoult (numerous clubs including West Brom), Michael Johnson (Derby and Birmingham) and Jamie Clapham (Ipswich). Also patient board and a good stadium.

Looking to manager a lower league team in Italy (the lowest league preferably) and I havent done it in a few FMs (last time I dont it with Castel De Sangro but they arent in a playable division now :(). What im looking for is a mid level at best team with a nice name and colours :), dont really mind about players, stadium size no larger than 12k and worth no more than 1m. Recommendations please...

I am currently playing as Sunderland and have won alot and am in 2016. I want to run another save along with this one and switch between the 2 as I have alot of time off work at xmas. I want a similar side to Sunderland in another european league so they need to have an alright side, a bit of cash and a decent sized ground.

Also was thinking about starting in the championship but wasnt sure who to go for.

My mate doesnt have the internet and wants to start a game in Brazil or any other South American country. He wants a team with some decent younger players and that are in the south american version of the champions league.

Club: Wigan Athletic

Division: English Premier League

Transfer Budget: £3.5 million

Key Players: Emile Heskey, Amr Zaki, Antonio Valencia, Wilson Palacios

Good Points: Low Expections, Solid Core to begin with.

Bad Points: Struggle against relegation, low funds and wages

Additional Information: Fun team to play as because of the fairly young squad, just need a good left winger, and strengthening of the backline. As well as find a replacement for heskey!

Archived