FM09: Official Shakhtar Donestk Thread.

coolbananas

FC Shakhtar Donestk

914_gd_max.jpg

Background

The club was originally formed in May 1936 and was initially named Stakhanovets after Oleksiy Stakhanov, a legendary coal-miner in the Donbass distinguished for his prominently hard work. The first success for the team was in 1951, when then-renamed Shakhar took third-place in the USSR Championship.

The club is affectionately known as 'The Miners'.

Rivalry

Shakhtars biggest rivals are Dynamo. These are the 2 most popular clubs in Ukraine. The stadiums in Kiev and Donetsk are full for matches between the two teams. The other rivalry with Metalurh Donetsk is local and although not as significant as games against the rivals from the capital games between two Donetsk teams have been proclaimed as the Donbass Derby, named after the region that Donetsk is situated in.

Current squad

shkahtarvf1.jpg

shkahtany7.jpg

Current Kit

Home

ShaktaDonetskHSS0708.gif

Info*

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Fierce Rivals: Dinamo Kiev, Dnipro

Other rivals: Arsenal Kiev

Finances: Rich

Average ticket price: £31

Average Season ticket: £200

Estimated value: £105 million

Captain: Darijo Srna

Budgets

Bank Balance: £101,000,000

Transfer Budget: £40,000,000

Est' Slub Value: £121,000,000

By game standards Shakhtar Donestk are the 17th richest club in the world. Not bad eh.

Formation and Tactics*

I found it to be a real headache to find a good system for Shakthar. The team is strong aerial and has a great amount of creative attacking talent. Using the power of the strikers undermines the creative talent of the midfield, and playing short, neat, attacking football with such powerful forwards is a waste. Moreover, I wanted to use an AMC as Jadson, Willian and Fernandinhio can all play in the hole, and use 2 strikers. With the large amount of strikers and midfielders in the squad, it was important to try and use as many as possible to keep them all happy and playing regularly. Having no real left back came in handy to some extent. I had already decided that I'd like to give Srna a more attacking role and play to his strengths, so that, coupled with the fact I had no LB and the relative strength of the defense, made me go with a 3-2-2-1-2.

Improvements/Transfers

Darijo Srna will be the man to keep out of a squad of brilliant players who with a little guidance could sweep Ukrainian opponents of the field. Man City and many other big clubs WILL come knocking for this guys with some very tempting bids, but you must try your best to keep the best player at the club.

The weakest position in the team is Left back, Razvan Rat and V.Shevchuk can play there but aren't up to standards. Transfer Target: Marcelo (R.Madrid) £4.4m is willing to join but will expect good wages.

Important Rules

The First Team Squad must have no more than 7 Foreign Players in the Starting 11 (only applies to domestic leagues and cups)

Important Staff

Manager - Mircea Lucescu

Assistant Manager - Alexandru Spiridon

Fitness Coach - Carlo Nicolini

GK Coach - Marian Ionita

Scout - Jan Streuer

Have fun with Shakhtar and remember to post your updates.

*Courtesy of skinnymalinky

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will play as Shakhtar when I can download the game. I can't get it till the 17th, but I will update it. Just a quick question, can you lure good players to Shakhtar. I remember last year, you could get Van Der Vaart to transfer in, what players will come for 09?

I will play as Shakhtar when I can download the game. I can't get it till the 17th, but I will update it. Just a quick question, can you lure good players to Shakhtar. I remember last year, you could get Van Der Vaart to transfer in, what players will come for 09?

Yeah, plenty of very good players will joing Shakhtar this time round with the likes Caceres(Sp?) of Barcelona being amongst the best.

Right the transfer window has just closed and my ins/out's are In Andriy Rusol-Dnipro-3.5m Juan Manuel Mata-Valencia-3.5m Nigel De Jong-Hsv-9.5m Pavel Pogrebnyak-Zenit-6.5m Andriy Nesmachnyi-Dinamo Kiev-8.5m Stephen Appiah-Free. Out Bogdan Shust-Lyon-2.2m Dmytro Chygrynskyi-Az-3m Luiz Adriano-Metalist-500k. All my transfers are in euros.

Started up my Shakhtar game last night.

Brought in

Marcelo- 4.4 million pounds

Miguel Torres- 3.2 million

Andriy Rusol- 2.8 million

Still looking for other players, probable transfers in will be

Cacares for about 11 million pounds

Nazarenko for about 2.5 or 3 million pounds

Just looking to fill my quota of 4 Ukranian players in the starting lineup. I thinking that Rusol, Pyatov, Chrygynski and Nazarenko will be enough, although I might look at bringing Tymoschuk back from CSKA Moscow.

Right now am going to be playing a 5-3-2 with the following setup

GK: Pyatov

WBL: Marcelo (Farrow)

DC: Rusol

DC: Cacares (Farrow)

DC: Chyrgynski

WBR: Srna

CM: Nazarenko (Farrow)

AML: Still looking for a quality player will have farrow though

AMR: Still looking for a quality player will have farrow

ST: Moreno

ST: Looking to upgrade this position also.

I'll put Willian in there as a winger probably. Will also look the Brazilian route, maybe bring in Keirrison to play the second striker role. 40 million pounds is enough money to fill out my roster. Will update it later tonight with results and more signings.

Started the game, the problem is that nobody wants any of these cr@p Brazilians so I'll just have to deal with them. Sold Duljaj for 2.5 btw

so far agreed to sign:

Palacio

Cardozo

Rusol

Mata

Dzagaev (sp?)

J. M. Torres (DM)

Assulin (this looks as a potentially brilliant signing for 3 mil!)

And maybe I forgot somebody

Also might sign Zhirkov but doesn't look like I'll have enough money unless I sell somebody

And can anyone recommend a decent DM for 3-5 mil?

These three and Illsinho are but Brandao and Luiz Adriano really aren't all that well. Also a couple of Ukrainian players (mainly CBs and FCs) are really getting on my nerves with their jumping 10s (CBs) and finishing 11s (FCs). Though Palacio has 12 for finishing but hopefully it will be enough for 20+ goals a season:)

Any advice on the DM posiiton?

Signed Eduardo from Botafago, he and Torres should do the work when it comes to defense.

Managed to beat Kiev in the Super Cup 1-0 without Cardozo and a couple of signings because they were out of form. Will have to improve to win the league though...

Got to the final of the Champions League. Lost to Inter on Penalties!! Was a very lucky run to the final. My home form was good. Won the league on the last day from Dynamo Kiev. I won and they drew.Won by a point. It was a close thing all season.Only lost 2-3 games but drew a few.

Also won the Cup.Had beaten Kiev in the semi.

Ok, my first update for my first season:

Players IN:

Cardoza - 12.25mil

Dzageov - 7.5mill

Radek Sirl - 4mill

Felipe Bastos - 2mill

Young left back who is dutch(great attacking stats but only 8 for tackling) - 2mill

Gravesen(why oh why did I sign him?) - free

Bogdan Lobont - 8mill(around)

Belrusian attacking midfielder form COsmopolian - 400k

Attacking midfielder from Cosmoplitan - 7k

Mata - 4mill

Left back bought from argentina - 400k (Tackling, Marking and Postioning - 20)

I may have signed a few more but I can't remember and mthe game is on my other computer.

I will post up a screenshot later.

Players OUT:

Yury Virt - 140k plus clauses

Pyratov(SP)(the other goalkeeper)(quite good) - 4 mill and he was worth 240k :D

Players I want to shift :

Duljaj - Any price 1 or 2 mill

Brandao - He is ok and has nationality but he doesn't play and I would prefer some more money for him than for him to not even get on the bench.

Marcelo Moreno - Maybe try and get rid of in January as he isn't great and because of the foreigner rule he doesn't play.

League table so far -

Dinamo Kiev Played 10 Won 9 Drawn 1 Points 28

Shakhtar(ME) Played 10 Won 8 Drawn 2 Lost 0 Points 26

I havn't played Kiev yet but will need to beat them when I play them.

Champions League Group -

Inter Milan

Villareal

Zenit

Shakhtar

I have played one game in the champions league and I got my result of the season with a 3-0 home win vs Inter :D

Super Cup - I won on penalties after a 1-1 draw, with me playing most of the game with 10 men.

Ukranian Cup -

Won first round - 4-0

Second round - Won 10-9 on penalties with Bogdan Lobont scoring the winning penalty against a first division side.

A good start so far to a very enjoyable file and Bogdan Lobont went 10 games without conceding 947 minutes :D

I am 14 games unbeaten and am yet to lose.

Tell me what you think of my update, signings etc.

Any suggestions to improve my update will be welcome and I will provide screenshots soon.

Having major goalscoring issues, in some easy games can't score for love nor money. Got kicked out of the CL qualifiers and lost a EURO cup home game against Slavia Prague due to comical finishing. Cardozo scores the odd penalty and Palacio hits one out of 4 100% chances...

yeah im having HUGE issues scoring aswell. 11 games played in the league and i have 8 goals scored, and 4 goals conceded. I am controlling every single match but i just cant seem to score.

my team is:

--------------Brandao---------Gladkiy-----------------

--------------------Fernandinho-----------------------

Mata--------------------------------------------Illsinho

------------------------Vidal---------------------------

Marcelo--------Caceres-------Chygrinski------------Srna

-----------------------Pyatov-------------------------

I am looking to bring some talented ukrainian youngsters, anyone got any recommendations???

i havent sold anyone except for rat and hubcshmann.

i am looking to bring in candeias and helder barbosa from porto to give me extra backup on the flanks.

It seems to be a normal theme. Into my second season and drawing against teams I am dominating. Also can only have 6 foreigners in the team down from 7 in first season.So I sold Cardozo and brought in Saivet. Brought back the Ukrainain DM from Russia..Tymoc (can't think of his name). Sold Willian, Ferdinandinho, Rafael Carioca and all the foreigners that were out on loan.

Second Update - First Season

See above for first (large) update.

I have just been knocked out of the Champions League 1st Knockout round after dominating my group but finishing 2nd due to Inter :D

I drew Manchester United and I obviously knew I had a small chance of going through but that I was probably going out.

Heres how it went :

1st leg - Home - Lost 2-0 - Tevez(Penalty) and berbatov(header in 95th minute)

2nd leg - Away - Drew 2-2 - Cardoza(header) and Srna. For them tevez got two.

League

I'm second but only two points behind Dinamo Kiev.

They have won 17 drawn 2 and lost 1

I have won 16 drawn 3 and lost 1

I still have to play them and have beaten them 3 times this year already.

Once in the super cup, once in the ukrainian cup and once in the league.

Cup

I have reached the final after a 3-0 home win over Dnipro in the semis.

I think its fair to say I have a cup in the bag as I have drawn against a porr quality opposition.

Transfers

Players in -

Rusol - 4mill - good quality ukrainian centre back

Fausto Rossi - 4mill - Looks like he has a very bright future ahead of him

Random Ukrainian Centre Mid - 70k - Bought him because he was ukrainian

Transfers Out -

Brandao - 4mill - Olympic Mayonaisse

Damien Giminez - Loan - River Plate - Unhappy at lack of first team football

I also sold a vouple more players but none significant.

Tell me what you think of my update, signings etc.

Any suggestions to improve my update will be welcome and I will provide screenshots soon.

Questions

I thought I would post these seperate from my update to make it look better.

What is the transfer budget like for the second season?

How come Shakhtar have a 50million sponsership for the first two seasons?(I'm not complaining)

Could anyone suggest me some players?

By the way, I am not having too many problems scoring but my top scorer is Srna from right back with forward runs with 16 of 31 games.

I got around 70 Million for second season but haven't spent a huge amount.

Not sure about the Sponsorship

I signed EUgene Shakhov early in first season and is now pushing first team action-in part due to reduction in allowable foreginers. I signed Mehmet Topuz and has been a hero as AMR keeping Torje out of the team. Di Maria at AML is savage too. I signed Kleber for Left Back and has 6 MOM in 18 league games.

Also bought Saviola...pure muck. Looking to get rid of him

Phew! After getting knocked out of the CL qualifiers I drew an UEFA cup group with Slavia Prague, Twente, Valencia and Middytiland (sp?)

Easy you say? NOT FOR MY SHAKHTAR TEAM!

Lost home to Slavia (penalty for them after 20 shots by us), beat the Danes away and drew with Valencia home. Lost away to Twente but the Danes beat Slavia away to lead us through...

What a season...

Archived