FM 2009: Official Juventus FC Thread - Back in Europe

stgahoy

Juventus Football Club

Juventus-FC.png

Juventus Football Club commonly referred to as simply Juventus or Juve, is a football club based in Turin, Italy. Juventus is the most successful team in the history of Italian football. Overall, the club have won 51 official trophies, more than any other Italian team; 40 in Italy, which is also a record, and 11 in European and world competitions. The Old Lady is the third most successful club in Europe and the sixth in the world with the most international titles officially recognised by one of the six continental football confederations and FIFA.

Kits & Badge:

Juventus have played in black and white striped shirts, with white shorts, sometimes black shorts since 1903. Originally, they played in pink shirts with a black tie, which only occurred due to the wrong shirts being sent to them, the father of one of the players made the earliest shirts, but continual washing faded the color so much that in 1903 the club sought to replace them. Juventus asked one of their team members, Englishman John Savage, if he had any contacts in England who could supply new shirts in a color that would better withstand the elements. He had a friend who lived in Nottingham, who being a Notts County supporter, shipped out the black and white striped shirts to Turin.

Juventus Football Club's official emblem has undergone different and small modifications since the second decade of twentieth century. The last modification of the Old Lady's badge took place before 2004–05 season. At the present time, the emblem of the team is conformed to a black-and-white oval shield. The white silhouette of a charging bull is in the inferior section of the oval shield, superimposed a black old French shield; the charging bull is a symbol of the Comune di Torino

Club Information:

Full Name: Juventus Football Club

Nickname: Bianconeri, La Vecchia Signora

Founded: 1.11 1897

Manager: Claudio Ranieri

Major Rivals: Torino, Inter, Fiorentina, AC Milan, Roma, Parma

Club Legends: Michel Platini, Pavel Nedved, Gianluca Vialli, Marcelo Lippi, Alessandro Del Piero

Favoured Personnel: Alessandro Birindelli, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Zinedine Zidane

Media Prediction: 2nd place

Club Captain: Alessandro Del Piero

Stadium:

Stadium Name: Stadio Olimpico di Torino

Capacity: 27500

Finances of the Club:

Estimated Value: £173M

Balance: £21,8M

Transfer Budget: £9,5M

Wage Budget: £894k p/w

Current Team:

GK: Gianluigi Buffon, Alex Manninger, Antonio Chimenti

LB: Christian Molinaro, Paolo De Ceglie

RB: Johnathan Zebina, Zdenek Grygera

CB: Giorgio Chiellini, Nicola Legrottaglie, Olof Mellberg, Jorge Andrade, Dario Knežević

DM: Mohamed Sissoko, Christian Poulsen, Cristiano Zanetti

MC: Claudio Marchisio, Tiago, Albin Ekhdal

MR: Mauro Camoranesi, Marco Marchionni, Hasan Salihamidžić

ML: Pavel Nedved, Sebastian Giovinco

FC: Amauri Carvalho de Oliveira, Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Vincenzo Iaquinta

Recommended Eleven:

GK: Buffon

RB: Zebina

CB: Legrottaglie

CB: Chiellini

LB: De Ceglie

RM: Camoranesi

MC: Sissoko/Poulsen

MC: Marchisio/Zanetti

LM: Giovinco

FC: Del Piero

ST: Amauri

Squad Analysis:

GK's: This place is covered really great with the best GK Buffon, altough backup keeper isnt really good, Manninger isn't any good as in RL so you need to buy someone for cover- check Recommended Signings.

RB's: Zebina and Grygera are decent players, also Mellberg can cover this spot altough he's better at CB, Salihamidzic can play here too but I wouldnt recommend that. Zebina should be a first teamer if you're not buying a RB for the first season. Altough after the first season you should look for a world-class replacement.

CB's: You got two world class CB's in Chiellini and Legrottaglie, but then the bench isnt very good, you got Mellberg who can make a good game and Knezevic who isnt even worth to comment, Grygera can play here too but he's more a RB. A buy is needed here check Recommended Signings.

LB's: You get an really good left back De Ceglie with some good training he becomes a world class player, you got also Molinaro not a good player there maybe he can provide some backup but I would replace him.

RM's: You got two players to play in this position, Camoranesi who's word class but getting old, and Marchionni who isnt great, propably a place to strengthen.

CM's: Marchisio, Sissoko, Zanetti, Poulsen, Tiago. Sissoko and Zanetti seem to be the best at the start, altough Zanetti starts with a 2months injury, so a place for Marchisio to show his potential. Poulsen is another good player but it's up to you who are you playing. I would suggest to sell Tiago and buy someone like Diarra or Palombo check Recommended Signings.

Notable youngsters: Albin Ekhdal looks really good, with the right training he can be starter in the future

LM's: Great Giovinco to play here, he's great at the start and only getting better, you got also Nedved in here not so great stats but he's either footed seem to be solid. There's also Iago in the U-20 team, has great potential definetly you need to look at him, up to you if he should be in the first team, or you'll loan him out. You'll need a backup here in next year. Fausto Rossi is another great U-20 player for the AML position he's 17 years old and has a great potential.

FC's: Trezeguet, Del Piero, Amauri, Iaquinta very good striking force there altough Trezeguet gives us an awesome money injectin, and some ppl are having problems with him. So you'd need to buy another striker after selling Trezeguet, Balotelli seem to be a great player for this.

Recommended Signings:

Here are some players you could be interested in to strengthen Juve team.

GKs:

- Ochoa £3,5M from America(MEX) good backup for Buffon in the GK position, as Manninger isnt the strongest one (Pity, as in RL he's a very good keeper)

- Fiorillo £10M from Sampdoria, great prospect seem to be the next Buffon later on, altough expensive.

LBs:

- Federico Balzaretti £5M from Palermo good player who were in Juve in the past really good cover for both sides of defence, he will take low money and Chiellini would be happy if you'll bring him ;)

RBs:

- Darijo Srna £13,75M from Shakhtar Donetsk looks great, but his defensive stats arent great, if you like an offensive RB you got one here, who's world class.

- Michael Chretien £7M from AS Nancy looks like a really solid RB, propably even better than in FM08 great in defence good in attack, really worth a look.

CBs:

- Federico Fazio £10M from Sevilla great CB looks like a great replacement for Legrotagllie in a season or two.

- Cristian Zapata £4M on Co-owner ship, £?? for straight swap (They rejected 10M offer for a straight). Has the potential to be as good as Chiellini. His stats remind of Barzagli in '08.

MCs:

- Lassana Diarra £5~£5,5M from Portsmouth, someone will need to make place though as Midfield is packed.

- Angelo Palombo £12M from Sampdoria looks even better than Diarra, plus Italian

RMs:

- Christian Maggio £???? from Napoli looks like an awesome winger to replace Camoranesi, plus Italian

FCs:

- Mario Balotelli £11M from Inter awesome prospect, definetly the best young striker in the game.

Players you could sell:

- David Trezeguet great striker no doubt about it, but he's already 30 years old, and you can get a great price for him. Arsenal pays £25~30M.

- Tiago you can get a real good price for him, Blackburn pays £5,5~7M. Replaced with Lassana Diarra who's a lot better than Tiago

- Alex Manninger £??? replaced with Ochoa

- Vincenzo Iaquinta £7~9M if you're playing with one striker and getting Balotelli Iaquinta has to go.

Post some names I'll keep this post updated.

Good luck in your games! Cheers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated it a little, thanks for advice. Write some tips so we can make the Recommended Signing section better. I found Lassana Diarra great bought him for £5M but the midfield in Juve is really packed , also Giuseppe Rossi is cheap and looks really great (scout says he has potential to be better than Del Piero). I found that you can sell Trezeguet for £17M maybe some more, replaced him with Rossi. Also found Christian Maggio from Napoli, he looks like an awesome MR + he's Italian! Also Angelo Palombo looks awesome(better than in 08) and he's Italian! That's all at the moment what I found.

Pity there's a big minus in my playing in 09, my awesome computer wont let me play FM 09:(( I need to buy a new one, all I played is on my brothers laptop but that was only about one hour....

So far

Transfers In:

Matias Fernandez - £7.75 mil

Lassana Diarra - £4.7 mil

both great bargains.... Had the option to buy Ochoa for £3.7 mil. He has amazing stats however since I did not need a GK I decided not to go through with it.

Transfers Out:

No-one yet.

Possible players to sell:

Tiago - crap on FM 09 imo

Andrade - same as above + 12 months injured

Trezeguet - can get good money for him and I'll buy Rossi instead

Won all friendlies so far although no big scorings. Now it's time for the Champions League 3rd Qualifying stage. I got drawn against Standard. Shouldn't be difficult to pass to the group stage.

On a side note - Del Piero is immense... he is truly great... and because of this all of the big clubs, including Man Utd, R.Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Sevilla, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, want him... no way I'll sell him :D

My biggest win was 4-1 after I was down 1-0.

My last game

Vs Standard Won 3-1

Shots on Target - 3

Shots off Target - 7

Possession - 53%

I like it better this way... it's far more realistic than winning 6-0 or 7-0

On a side note... I played Fausto Rossi, Ekdahl and Iago in the friendlies... They are incredible especially Iago and Rossi. I am very satisfied with their performances.

On a negative side note... My laptop doesn't allow me to watch 3D :(

I am using a 4-4-2 attacking. However I changed the midfielder who had a barrow to DM and made it a farrow to AMC and also changed his instructions to look like the other MC.

I don't understand much about tactics. I want to play some kind of 4-4-2... Any opinions on what to do are welcome

My biggest win was 4-1 after I was down 1-0.

My last game

Vs Standard Won 3-1

Shots on Target - 3

Shots off Target - 7

Possession - 53%

I like it better this way... it's far more realistic than winning 6-0 or 7-0

Yes, me too. I wasn't moaning about the smaller amounts of shots on or off, I was just curious and making sure I wasn't the only one :D

I'm using a 4-2-3-1 formation, at least I'm trying too. Still working out my tactic, tweaking instructions etc

I made some 4-2-2-1-1 2 DM's one with farrow, wingers with farrows, AMC with farrow to FC. But didnt played with instructions. Won 3 friendlies with 4-0, and then got a 0-0 with Catania in the league. Altough my whole first squad is injured(Only Buffon, Legrotagglie and Sissoko are fit) this makes the game really unplayable....

I have somewhat overhauled the whole team.

Brought back Nocerino and Lanzafame, as well as Tuia from Lazio and Zambelli from Brescia to play alongside De Ceglie, and Gaetano D'Agostino to play in the middle.

And Del Piero has scored an incredible 11 goals in 6 official games, including a hat trick in CL Match 1 against Liverpool, including a cracking 35 yard drive that swerved in off the frame of the goal.

FORZA JUVE!

Just started as Juve, the team looks great

looking to buy just Italians and try and build a largely Italian team, so any tips would be handy.

Del Piero looks sublime and a great captain, but does anyone else keep getting offers of £3.5m for him? it's a bit irritating

sold Trezeguet for 26m, which I thought was a fantastic price, and i've bought Rossi for 9m.

That leaves me with about 26m, so I'll probably look at Palombo, Di Silvestre and Di Natale.

Also Buffon is out for 2 months so I might have to look for another Italian goalkeeper, if not i'll just buy ochoa if i can get him cheap.

Does anyone have any ideas for a left back, or is Molinaro good enough?

what a result against real.....alex = the master :p

get rid of molinaro, i personally use de ceglie from the beginning, but you could loan miguel torres till you find a suitable replacement

but does anyone else keep getting offers of £3.5m for him? it's a bit irritating

yes i do but i up it to 5mill and then sell him :p

Finished my Juve save:

League (finished 1st, 1 point above Roma):

Played 15 - Win 13 - Draw 1 - Lose - 1

Champions League:

Passed the group came 2nd to Real Madrid.

Played 6 - Win 3 - Draw 3 - Lose 0

Now I just started to try Lyon from France... but I miss Del Piero and Chiellini... seriously they are really good on FM 09

But you've got Benzema ;)

Yes and he's great as well... I also bought Rossi so now I have a super attack with Rossi, Benzema and Fred. But Lyon are lacking in CB'd imo... they need at least 2 new... boumsong is crap and Mensah isn't that good either (he played like crap for me, however he is a good backup).

Pity my PC is so weak.... Ehh... I need to wait till Christmas. What tactic did you use Bomber?

I created my own... and am now testing it with lyon... so far it's going good... however FM 09 requires you to tweak your tactic every 2-3 games cause by then it will become somewhat uneffective... so it's safe to have 2 tactics and switch between them... so far I made 1 tactic which is attack minded.

I play 4-2-3-1 (No DM, 2 MC [one of them playmaker], 1 AML, 1 AMC, 1 AMR, ST [Target Man])

This is what I have come up with till now:

DR & DL

{ Mentality - 8 (Normal), CF - 9 (Normal), Passing Style - 6 (Mixed), Closing Down - 11 (Own Half), Forward Run - Mixed, Run With Ball - Mixed, Long Shots - Rarely, Through Balls - Mixed, Cross Ball - Often (Byline), Tight Marking - Ticked }

DC

{ Mentality - 7 (Normal), CF - 0 (Little), Passing Style - 12 (Direct), Closing Down - 6 (Own Half), Forward Run - Rarely, Run With Ball - Rarely, Long Shots - Rarely, Through Balls - Rarely, Cross Ball - Rarely, Marking - Ticked, Tight Marking - Ticked }

MC

{ Mentality - 9 (Normal), CF - 7 (Normal), Passing Style - 11 (Mixed), Closing Down - 12 (Own Half), Forward Runs - Rarely, Run With Ball - Mixed, Long Shots - Mixed, Through Balls - Often, Cross Ball - Rarely }

MC - Playmaker

{ Mentality - 10 (Normal), CF - 19 (Much), Passing Style - 11 (Mixed), Closing Down - 11 (Own Half), Forward Runs - Mixed, Run With Ball - Mixed, Long Shots - Often, Through Balls - Often, Cross Ball - Rarely }

AML & AMR

{ Mentality - 12 (Normal), CF - 13 (Normal), Passing Style - 5 (Short), Closing Down - 12 (Own Half), Forward Runs - Mixed, Run With Ball - Often, Long Shots - Rarely, Through Balls - Mixed, Cross Balls - Often (Byline), Free Role - Ticked }

AMC

{ Mentality - 13 (Normal), CF - 14 (Much), Passing Style - 5 (Short), Closing Down - 13 (Own Half), Forward Runs - Often, Run With Ball - Often, Long Shots - Mixed, Through Balls - Often, Cross Balls - Rarely, Free Role - Ticked }

ST - Target Man

{ Mentality - 13 (Normal), CF - 3 (Little), Passing Style - 5 (Short), Closing Down - 13 (Own Half), Forward Runs - Mixed, Run With Ball - Mixed, Long Shots - Rarely, Through Balls - Mixed, Cross Ball - Rarely, Hold Up Ball - Ticked }

Team Instructions

{ Tempo - 11 (Normal), Width - 11 (Normal), Defensive Line - 10 (Normal), Tackling - 10 (Normal), Focus Passing - Mixed, Marking - Zonal, Target Man Supply - To Feet, Use Target Man - Ticked, Use Playmaker - Ticked }

It is supposed to be a standard/attack minded tactic.

Any suggestions are welcome

But will propably make my own tactic with 1 DMC, 2 MC's , AMR, AML, and ST.

That's exactly how I played with Juve but results were not so good... it was difficult creating chances... then I changed to my current formation...

Kimz used a narrow aproach.. I decided to go with a wide approach... hence I have an AML and an AMR instead of 3 AMC... and no DM's only 2 MC's... I'm still testing it... and although defense is very solid (due to having one MC defend and the other one attack) I tend to struggle a bit to score when playing away... so I will look into that...

in the meantime I still haven't decided what my second formation would be... I'm definately going to do it with 2 strikers instead of 1... however I don't know if I should go with a 3-5-2 (which seems to work well on FM 09) or a variation of 4-4-2 (4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-1-2).

After I'll finish my first tactic I'll try to do a successfull 2nd one... even more attack minded then the 1st one :p

How's Amauri on the game? Stat-wise and performance wise? Goal getter? Or less so?

I can only see half of his stats on my French save, and my scout has gone missing or something he is taking ages to get a scout report back on him :D

I haven't used him as a target man on my Juve save however at the beginning he did not do that good for me... then after he sort of settled in he became a great force of my attack... In fact when the full game comes out and I start my Juve save... I will be selling Trezeguet cause I can get much for him despite his age and he can easily be replaced by Rossi who is cheaper and younger. And no doubt with Rossi and Amauri fighting for a 1st team place and Del Piero behind them on AMC, the attack will be very solid and producing lots of goals I hope

Hello started a game as Juve once again on my brothers laptop. What have I found.

Arsenal is happy to pay £25M for Trezeguet,when you set his status to not needed by the club, and transfer listed in the first day.

Blackburn will pay £5,5M for Tiago, if you transfer him, and set status in the first day.

Updated the first post a little. Still dont know who to add to be a good RB and LB to buy.

Never knew Juve were so willing to sell Giovinco, just had a £6Million offer accepted which I consider a great price :cool:

I know he doesn't get alot of football IRL with Juve which is a shame, but still £6Million :D

I'm playing Juve, and thinking about selling him, he's short, best pos is AMC which doesn't fit into my 4-4-2.

Archived