FM09: Hoffe - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

real_betis

TSG_Hoffenheim.png

Information

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim are a football club based in the small village of Hoffenheim, occupied by just 3,200 people. The club was formed when a gymnastics club, founded in 1899, Turnverein Hoffenheim and a football club that was formed in 1921, Fußballverein Hoffenheim merged. Hoffenheim have been a rather obscure amateur club throughout their history, until the early 1990s when former player and software tycoon Dietmar Hopp returned to the club of his youth to provide them with financial backing, in order to 'give something back to the club and community'. It was from then on, that Hoffenheim began its rise through the German football ranks and into profressional status, first being promoted from the Verbandsliga into the fourth-division Oberliga Baden-Württemberg in 2000 and then found themselves promoted to the Regionalliga Süd for the 2001-02 season. After final places of 13th, 5th, 5th, 7th and then 4th, they acheived a 2nd place position in the 06-07 season to find themselves promoted to the 2. Bundesliga and then a second promotion in succession found them in the Bundesliga for the 08-09 season. Their rise through the ranks credited to Hopp's cash injection and the attacking football and tactics of manager and former Southwick player Ralf Rangnick. With their money and impetus to acheive, the club has brought in highly talented players such as Carlos Eduardo, Chinedu Obasi and Sejad Salihovic and have also found themselves with an unstoppable forward in Vedad Ibisevic whose goal contribution has helped Hoffenheim into the Champions League spots of the Bundesliga.

Hoffenheim played in the 5,000 capacity (1,620 seater) Dietmar Hopp stadium in Hoffenheim, however, they now play in the 26,022 capacity Carl-Benz-Stadion in Mannheim while their new stadium, the 30,000 seater Rhein-Neckar-Arena, is being built - scheduled for completion in 2009

Honours

* League

o Oberliga Baden-Württemberg (IV) champions: 2001

o Verbandsliga Nordbaden (V) champions: 2000

* Youth

o German Under 17 champions: 2008

o U17 Bundesliga South/Southwest champions: 2008

FM Information

Overview

Nation: Germany

Year Founded: 1899

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Legends, Icons & Favoured Personnell: n/a

Rivals: n/a

Average Ticket Price: £18

Average Season Ticket Price

Estimated Value: £40m

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 18th

Stadium & Facilities

Stadium: Dietmar Hopp Stadion, Hoffenheim

Capacity: 6350 (1620 seated)

Year Built: 1999

Planned Expansion: Due to move into the 30,000 capacity Rhein Neckar Arena on 2.1.2009

Stadium Condition: Good

Corporate Facilities: Good

Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Kit

Home: TSGHoffenhHSS0809.jpg

Away: 9595.jpg

Finances

Balance: £26.87m but a few months into the season Hopp provides a cash injection of around £10m. The club has a 'Sugar Daddy'.

Transfer Budget:

Attempt to Avoid Relegation: £4m

Avoid Relegation: £5.25m

Mid-Table Finish: £5.75m

Top Half Finish: £6.25m

Continental Qualification: £6.75m

Title Challenge: £7.25m

Winner: £7.75m

I picked Mid-Table Finish and received £15m when I asked for more. No guarantee of this happening though, but budget adjustments should allow more.

Wage Budget:

Attempt to Avoid Relegation: £275k

Avoid Relegation: £300k

Mid-Table Finish: £300k

Top Half Finish: £325k

Continental Qualification: £325k

Title Challenge: £325k

Winner: £325k

Couldn't get more when I asked, however.

First Team Squad

Key: * = Key Player

^ = Promising

GK: Ramazan Ozcan

GK: Daniel Haas

GK: Thorsten Kirchsbaum

DRL: Andreas Ibertsberger

DRC: Christoph Janker

DRL, MR: Jochen Seitz

DLC: Marvin Compper

DLC, DM, MC: Matthias Jaissle

DC: Per Nilsson*

DC, DM, MC: Isaac Vorsah

D/WBR: Andreas Beck

D/ML: Zsolt Low

DM, MLC: Sejad Salihovic*

DM, MLC: Selim Teber

DM, MC: Luis Gustavo^

MRL: Tobias Weis

AMRC: Christopher Hock

AMR, ST: Chinedu Obasi*

AMLC: Carlos Eduardo*

AMLC, FC: Francisco Copado

ST: Demba Ba*

ST: Vedad Ibisevic*

ST: Wellington^

Recommended Line-Up

GK: Ozcan

DR: Beck

DL: Low

DC: Vorsah

DC: Nilsson

MC: Gustavo

MC: Salihovic

MR: Obasi

ML: Carlos Eduardo

ST: Ba

ST: Ibisevic

However, I am still tweaking tactics.

Possible Targets & Improvements

Hoffenheim are in need of a few improvements if you plan to keep them in the Bundesliga, however there is some real quality there in Obasi, Carlos Eduardo, Ba, Ibisevic, Nilsson and Salihovic - a very decent base for your team. I would recommend strengthening a number of positions, particularly GK, both full back positions, a new defensive midfield, as I don't feel Luis Gustavo is ready yet, a centre back, a new attacking midfielder and possibly two new backup wingers and a back up striker. Alot of strengthening, but with the decent amount of cash you get and a few good bargains out there it shouldn't be too difficult. I would recommend aiming for Vincent Enyeama, Bogdan Lobont or Fernando Henrique of Fluminense for the goalkeeper spot. With regards to full backs, I'm aiming for the transfer listed Sporting CP players, Ronny (a DL) and Pedro Silva (D/WBR) both very decent looking attacking full-backs. An absolute bargain for the DM slot is Eduardo Costa, who looks great and should fill the spot nicely, and could also be used to tutor his compatriot Luis Gustavo. At centre back, I would recommend Pa Modou Kah, who looks very solid or Leandro Gioda - both very good defensive players. For the attacking midfield position, I'm having a look at Jadson of Shakhtar, Dusan Djuric of Zurich and the bargain buy Jiri Jarosik as back up - a player who can also cover the striker and defensive midfield roles. I'm aiming for a young, quick striker to play up front, as the only real pace there is in Demba Ba. Keirrison or Yassine Chikhaoui of Zurich might be worth taking a look at.

Possible Sales

I would look to offload Weis, Teber, Ibertsberger, Janker and Hock as they aren't good enough for the Bundesliga imo. There is also alot of interest in Salihovic at the start of the game, and although he can be one of your key players, perhaps look to get good money for him. It might also be of value to send Wellington out on loan, as he is not yet ready for first-team football but does look like quite a promising target man.

--------------------------

And that's about it. Good luck with Hoffenheim and Hopp's million. If you're playing as Hoffe, make sure you post about your successes with this very interesting and surprisingly powerful club. Cheers.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Transfer Window Update:

Here are my transfers:

11172008220122fo5.png

Really excited by Keirrison, but I'm effing sick of injuries now. Disgraceful, Keirrison scores his first goal and then in the same match is ruled out for a month. Jadson, Jarosik and Carlos Eduardo have all been injured for a bit too. Jadson looks pretty great too:

11172008221132yl2.png

I also reckon Kamani Hill looks like a pretty decent find too:

11172008221347du2.png

Just a shame about his physical stats. Would like to know what his PA is.

Pretty happy with my signings. Not entirely sure of my line up yet, still fiddling around with it and with tactics, but I think I'm settling on a nice 4-4-2 I put together.

I paid £5m for Keirrison, but I think you can snap him up for about £4-4.5m. Not sure about Miranda.

Demba Ba is on fire for me at the moment. 9 goals in 12 league games and current joint top scorer in the league. He was attracting quite a bit of interest until I gave him a new contract because of his low minimum fee release clause, I'd recommend anyone else at Hoffe to do the same. Ibisevic's stats are going up quite nicely too. I'll post a screeny in a bit. Carlos Eduardo is tearing it up on the left side aswell, as is Obasi on the right. Currently 2nd in the league.

Just finished my first season 5th due to a lot of teams struggling, players i bought were (no editor used, so it´s a bit hit or miss) :

all numbers ar €.

Eduardo Costa (Free Transfer)

Mauricio, 18 year old brasilian winger, for the future (Free Transfer)

Lewis Holtby , 18 year old german winger from Aachen (1,6 mio)

Adris Nesmachniy , 29 year old versatile veteran for the left side from Dynamo Kiev (1,8 mio)

Patrick Owomoyela, 28 year old right midfielder/defender from Dortmund (1,1 mio)

Eduardo, 19 year old super versatile defender, midfielder from Botafogo who plays every defensive and midfield position on the left side and in the center. Allready ready to contribute, actually played all but 5 games for me. (2,8 mio)

Sold Daniel Haas for 1,1 mio and Luiz Gustavo for 6 mio . Zsolt Löw is leaving on a free transfer and Jancker was loaned out.

For the new year i have Roman Weidenfeller (Dortmund) coming in at Goalkeeper and 2 big talent in 16 year old Andreas Müller from 1860 (although i guess he´s a regen) for 2 mio as well as 17 year old Oscar from Sao Paolo for 2,6 mio who´ll be coming in January 2010 due to transfer restrictions for U18 players in brasil.

Also have a couple good looking regens on my Youth Squad, a MR who my scout rates as having the potential to be far better than Obasi and among the best at the club, another "leading CB in the Bundesliga" as well as 2 other rated as good Bundesliga players.

Now i´m waiting on word what my transfer budget will be, although i´ve got no plans to just throw money out of the window and see what sticks, will look at unhappy/misused players as well as try to get more german in the roster and integrate a couple youth players and also keep alot of the current squad like Nilsson, Compper, Beck (trying to train him as a RM) to at least be rotation players. I´m in no rush to go for the big price.

I´m a bit concerned as Carlos Eduardo seems to be getting unhappy, maybe the qualification for Europe helps. He was quite simply the best player for me, played him as the centre man in a 3-5-2 with lots of creative freedom and as playmaker and he scored 10 and assisted 13.

Another key player was Obasi, you should definitely keep him, i´ve also played him at RM with some good success when i had Demba Ba and Ibisevic up front. The defense isn´t half bad either.

How much are you paying for Weidenfeller? Made a couple of bids but no luck with Dortmund unfortunately, so opted for Enyeama (who has been a rock, might I add). Coming to the end of January soon. I'll post an update when I have. Good work btw mate. Good luck on getting decent budget, you deserve it!

How much are you paying for Weidenfeller? Made a couple of bids but no luck with Dortmund unfortunately, so opted for Enyeama (who has been a rock, might I add). Coming to the end of January soon. I'll post an update when I have. Good work btw mate. Good luck on getting decent budget, you deserve it!

He´s coming on a free, didn´t extend his contract with Dortmund :)

He´s starting for me and is doing a good job in the 3 man backline.

I got a 12,25 mio transfer budget which i adjusted to 17 mio, got my hands on Kuzmanovic from Fiorentina with the old budget allready (changed wage money to transfer money) and now am looking for a central defender and a right midfielder to rotate with Owomoyela (who got rated as signing of the season!), otherwise i am all set. It´s looking a bit fishy though as i don´t want some high potential unknown here but players fitting my profile and haven´t found many so far. So far i am leaning towards Arne Friedrich or Sinkiewicz (Köln) as cheaper solutions or Westermann who is unhappy at Schalke and might be available for 10-12 mio.

I also could sign Thomas Hübschmann, but 9 mio seems a bit steep.

Manuel Fischer from Stuttgart is available for "only" 4.4 million, i am tempted even though i don´t need a striker, but maybe i´ll sell Ba as long as his value is high (not too convinced after season one that he´s worth the money he´ll be asking soon).

Hitzlsberger for 7,5 mio also very tempting.

So i got to sign Westermann for 10 mio and Hitzlsberger for 7,5 and so i´m done dealing for now.

Hope i can get Carlos Eduardo to perform despite him being unsettled, at least until i have a high enough reputation to actually use that money (got offered up to 21 mio) to get a replacement.

Lineup :

-------------Weidenfeller

------Compper-------Westermann-------Nilsson

--Kuzmanovic--Eduardo---C.Eduardo---Hitzlsberger--Salihovic

----------------Obasi---------Ibisevic

2nd 11 :

Özcan

Jaissle, Vorsah

Eduardo Costa, Nesmachniy, Owomoyela, Weis, Beck, Teber

Ba, Wellington

I guess i´ll try to get some of the unwanted players some early burn to try to sell 1 or 2 of them.

i guess that DB might be to small for him to show up, maybe try De Gea from Atletico, my scout is convinced of him and he seems to be pretty cheap.

I have now started the 2nd season. Sold Salihovic for 13 mio to Aston Villa (rather than them Bayern who offered 17), for that money i bought Bender, a now 20 year old U21 german national DM/MC from 1860 München for 2,8 mio and Stefano Celozzi, a verstatile 20 year old for the right flank (have him training RM to improve from unconvincing, until then play him mostly away or when leading when i play a 5-3-2 with WBs) who is also on the german U21 national team, paid 5 mio to Karlsruhe. Also a 16 year old Italian striker i stumbled upon who´s imposing physichally, hope he turns out as that compensation is mighty high ...

Also sold Mauricio.

And the big bummer : Kuzmanovic tore his calf muscle 5 minutes into the first game.

Still started winning in the cup easily, beating maritimo 3:0 on their pitch in the UEFA Cup qualification first leg and then beat Werder Bremen 3:1 after being down 0:1 (they sold Diego though for just 14 mio, dumb move ...)

lost the 2nd and won the 3rd game, draw in UEFA Cup looks really tough with Paris St.Germain, Atletico and Everton.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed January transfer window of the first season. Haven't had much time to play FM really, but picked up three decent players on the cheap. The board wouldn't make any transfer money available or extra wages, despite having £25m, which the chairman continuously adds too, putting in another £3.6m at the end of the window taking it to £29m. Players I picked up were Kadlec from Sparta on a free, some Ghanaian regen from Hearts of Oak who looks quality, Domagoj Vida from Osijek for £400k. My scout Radoslaw Wojtowicz found him whilst scouting Croatia, kid looks like he might be a great right back/defensive midfielder and my scout likes him. Also bought Celso Borges from Saprissa and a Bulgarian AMRLC from Ascoli called Tsvetomir Todorov. My scout thinks he has potential and his stats do look great for a 17 year old.

Beat them 5-1 only to then be held to draws against Frankfurt and Hannover to miss the championchip by 2 points in the 2nd season (5 teams within 2 points !!) to finish 3rd.

Just now beat Sporting Lissabon in the first leg of the 3rd round of qualification for the championsleague, 4-0 at home :D

Had some further tweaking with the roster but not much. Sold a disapointing/not fitting Kuzmanovic to Tottenham for 18 mio and got Fellaini for 12,5. I also signed Adriano of Inter for 3 mio and a big paycheck in January, giving him a 2nd chance after he had a miserable 1 1/2 years with Inter. Sold eduardo Costa to Villareal for 5 mio.

I also got a hold on a fine young german starlet in Marko Marin for only 8 mio Euros ! Other signings in the 2010 offseason are Mehmet Ekici of Bayern (free transfer) and another regen youthplayer from Schalke.

Lineup as of the first Bundesligagame :

-------------Weidenfeller

------Vorsah-------Westermann-------Nilsson

--Celozzi (Obasi)--Fellaini---C.Eduardo---Hitzlsberger---Marin (Eduardo)

----------------Ibisevic(Obasi)---------Adriano

Rest : Kirschbaum (GK), Obasi, Ba, Eduardo, Commper, Oscar (try to loan him out), Jaissle, Bender, Jaissle, Ekici

3 youth players (all only 17 years old) rotating for 1 or 2 bench spots depending on situation. Owomoyela and Teber as emergency guys in the Reserve squad.

Stadium is getting 5000 additional seats, too.

Ironically the man really behind that team (Ralf Rangnick) is now managing Hertha BSC and praising me left and right, i almost feel emberassed ...

Just started a new save with the german 'minnows'. Relishing the prospect of takin them right to the top with the backing of Mr Hopp.

Didn't get a huge amount to spend in the first window, but the chairman was by no means a miserly bugger. A fairly generous £11 million was something i could not really complain with. I reckon i have spent it fairly well, having only needed to add to the current crop at my disposal.

Ins (so far) :-

Keirrison - 4.8 mil

Razvan Rat - 2.7 mil

Ljungberg - 15k ( feel he can do a job as a decent backup to my current wingers )

Appiah - FREE

Celso Borges - 500k (potential)

trying to get Enyeama on board but his club are being stubborn, still im optimistic il bag him soon.

Outs:- None.....yet

I'm thinking this is probably going to be my first string XI, maybe a change here or there once i have assessed everyone after some competitive games.

:cool:

Mid-way point of season 1 and an update....

Very pleased with the way i have the lads playing at the moment, we are getting some great results against 'bigger teams' and definately holding our own, dare i say, europe may be on the cards???

hoffezc7.jpg

w1152.png

Spent a bit of time working on a tactic which plays to the team's strengths (a variation on a 4-4-2) and, so far, its paying dividends, we are hard to break down and are creating a decent amount of good chances every game (often having the better % of possession and chances in games, home and away)

hoffetaccu9.jpg

w1152.png

The players i have brought in are already starting to show their worth and keirrison has been a revelation in the short time he's been here scoring 8 in 11, having a few problems with the more, shall we say, 'ambitious' members of the squad who 'want to move to a bigger club' so i have shipped them out, after all, you don't need players who don't want to be at the club. The most notable of these is Carlos Eduardo to Bordeaux for £8.25 million, not a bad piece of business IMO.

Anyway till the end of the season, Auf-wiedersehen

Just started a new game and the board didn't give me anymore money when I asked, so I'm currently in a pretty crap situation, where I can't seem to get anybody with an ounce of quality in on loan.

I have the top tiers from England, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Brazil, Argentina and France running, as well as the Bundesliga. I've never had the French, Portuguese, Brazilian, Argentinian and Bundesliga leagues running, so if anybody knows any good players who aren't usually on when you don't load these leagues. Please help!!!

Ibisevic is underestimated..fuj..probably because he isn't english player

No ,it's because he scored 21 goals in 92 games in his carreer before exploding this season. If you knew before the season (which is the time where the database is made) that he would score 18 in 17 , then please join the research team!

Once I've completed editing my db I'm going to start a game with Hoffenheim. I've taken a massive shine to them. It began last season.

I just love what Hopp is doing with the club. His conception of bringing and nurturing precocious talents from around the globe intrigues me.

In order to match my perception of Hoffenheim and their players my db is heavily edited. Ibisevic is now an effective striker in the Bundesliga.

Indeed, he has scored 13 goals in 18 games, with an average of 7.91, in the db I'm currently testing.

navarro, you have no germans left in the squad, lol.

I just started with Hoffe, selected experience: Semi-Professional footballer as that is the most realistic option (Hoffe's current manager was a semi-pro when he played actively). I chose mid-table finish and got £5,25m for transfers. Bought striker Mounir El Hamdaoui from AZ for £4,8m, left-back Christian Eichner from Karlsruhe for £4.8m, and Jérémy Sapina from Excelsior Mouscron for centre-back cover. I also bought in Stijn de Smet from Cercle Brugge who can play AMR/AML/AMC for cover, while I intend to sell Francisco Copado and maybe Christoph Janker. I will also sell Ramazan Özcan when Timo Hildebrand arrives in January.

Starting 11 + bench:

http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hoffe2sq8.jpg

How do I get the image to show up instead of the url?

Anyone can tell me if Ibisevic was improved on the newest patch (9.2.0)?

He has great stats for an all around striker now. Great Finishing, Composure, Off the Ball, should be able to score a lot. I just started my new game, but he scored 2 in the first half of his first friendly.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started a game at Hoff and am in need of some suggestions. I think I'm going to go with a 4-3-1-2 (playing 3 MCs) as that means I can play play C. Eduardo in the hole and use 2 strikers at a time. The only problem about playing to squad's strength is that it highlights the weaknesses of the team, namely the midfield. I want a mix of 2 defensive MCs to each creative MC, as the FBs are going to bomb forward. Salihovic will be my main creative force so I need to buy a young backup that I can develop. Defensively I need at least 3 decent MCs so I have adequate cover throughout the season. Of course Appiah is an obvious choice and I'll make an offer once he becomes available but I'm in need of some other suggestions. Preferably I 'd like to keep the squad German/Polish/Dutch/Swiss/Austrian/Belgium to try and insure that any new signings will settle quickly.

Actually, while typing I've decided that Bender and Wijnaldum might be worth a punt, especially as they will be backup for most of the first season. Still, I'd welcome anymore suggestions. Just to recap, I need: 1 MC (creative, backup), 1 MC (defensive, 1st team), 2 MC (defensive backup) and 1 AMC (backup).

*Note* When I say I need a defensively minded MC I don't mean a specialist DMC. An all-rounder that can tackle and pass a bit too would be perfect.

Just a couple of more questions.

How do you play Ba, Obasi and Carlos E?

Atm, I have Obasi as the deeper of the 2 strikers and on FWR often, creat on normal. Obasi is set further up but with mixed FWR but with a higher creative freedom. Just curious as both are pacey and have the ability to get in behind defenders and, tbh, I'd rather not have them both on the same instructions, as I'd quite like to have a bit of variety and flexibility in how my strikers (and my team) play.

C. Eduardo is on RWB often and everything else set to mixed except crossing.

I'm playing a 4-3-1-2 (with 3 out-n-out MCs), with a direct passing game and a slight bit (12 or so) of width.

Thanks for your input masciO but your playing them in different positions, so their instructions will be different from mine. (I'm playing them as 2 FCs and 1 AMC).

I asked this in a separate thread but I thought I'll ask as well.

Has anyone signed Stijn Wutens? I've just offered a contract (trans fee 2 million squids) in the first season of the latest patch on my Hoffenheim save. I'm in need of an MC that can do a bit of tackling and passing (a jack of all trades if you will) and my scout said he would be a quality signing. Any opinions/suggestions on alternatives valued around the same price that are based in Central Europe would be welcome. (Btw, Dusan Djuric isn't on my save otherwise I would've gone for him).

Archived