Career Thread- with lots Steve Bruce like loyalty

SJ234

Career Thread

This is your opportunity to go from a small fish to a big fish, to lead the career of a proper manger building your reputation up as you go. These are great games for those who are running out of ideas as it will send you to clubs you haven’t previously managed or to countries in which you have had no previous experience. There are various ways which you can lead one of these careers:

Start as a international manager, this is very simple and a great way to start as you still get do some minor management whilst looking out for a job. Good countries to start as are generally not the top ones like Spain or Brazil but more like Portugal and below

Start unemployed the classic and the most realistic and like international management the most likely to take you too unknown waters. However to set it up it is important to use the holiday settings correctly or you could be quite surprised when you find that you have been at a club for two months! So the settings you want in my opinion are holiday indefinitely, no specific club details, and most importantly return from holiday when offered a job

Start as a club, this is my least favourite as it doesn’t feel right and is the least likely to take you to a random club which you haven’t managed before. In England i would want to start at a championship club or below.

Leagues to choose, this depends on what area of globe you want to manage in. I only really manage in the main leagues I Europe so I tend to pick:

· England down to the BSP

· France ligue 1

· Spain top two leagues

· Italy also top two leagues

· Germany top league

· Then i pick from of few of the other leagues like Ukraine, Scotland, Russia and Holland etc.

However it is important to remember career games can be fun in all parts of the globe. Most important thing is to have fun.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as FM10 arrives in the post, I'm looking to get two games on the go. One as Reading FC (My favourite team), and another as a career game. I had a great game on FM09 with a small team in the national league of France called L'Entente Sannois Saint-Gratie. It gives you a great feeling bringing a small team from he brink of relegation out of their football league, as far as you possibly can. You can then also make career choices of when to move on.

I like to start with international reputation for my Reading FC game, but automatic for my unemployed career game, so I can really feel I have started from the bottom.

As soon as FM10 arrives in the post, I'm looking to get two games on the go. One as Reading FC (My favourite team), and another as a career game. I had a great game on FM09 with a small team in the national league of France called L'Entente Sannois Saint-Gratie. It gives you a great feeling bringing a small team from he brink of relegation out of their football league, as far as you possibly can. You can then also make career choices of when to move on.

I like to start with international reputation for my Reading FC game, but automatic for my unemployed career game, so I can really feel I have started from the bottom.

Sounds good. I want to start one in the full game but not straight away.

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal Palace?? What is your experence did you start with?

I started last night and after watching the first few months click by, I got a phone call from the Crewe chairman, who offered me a 3 year deal. So I packed my bags and moved North.

Only got 1 day into my new job, but I shall crack on this evening and up date you asap

Crystal Palace?? What is your experence did you start with?

I started last night and after watching the first few months click by, I got a phone call from the Crewe chairman, who offered me a 3 year deal. So I packed my bags and moved North.

Only got 1 day into my new job, but I shall crack on this evening and up date you asap

I always start as unknown

Good luck on your game

I did one of these last year and really enjoyed it so ive started one this year. First time i started with Semi-pro experience but after holidaying for 1 year i still couldnt get a job so i started again with Professional experience. A few months into the season Charlton have offered me the job. Theyre struggling in league 1 with no transfer budget and hardly any wages so it will be a challenge.

Have started by bringing in a bit of experience in Edgar Davids and Henri Camara and i will build a team around Jonjo Shelvey :)

In FM09 i managed in Russia for a few seasons with lower league no hopers Zvezda Irkutsk and managed to get the promoted to the Russian Premier division before leaving for Deportivo, its a great country to manage in. At the end of my career i went back and won the league with CSKA.

Good luck

Looks good :thup: i would hate to manage in russia as i wouldn't know who any of the players are and when that happens i do crap.

Yeah. And your only allowed 6 Non Russian players in your starting 11.

Signed a few players though.

Claudio Capaca (Formerly of Newcastle) - 130k - Real experienced centre back.

Edixon Perea (Gremio) - 650k - Goal Machine

13th at the moment, Trying to aviod relegation then maybe move to Spain or Italy.

Yeah. And your only allowed 6 Non Russian players in your starting 11.

Signed a few players though.

Claudio Capaca (Formerly of Newcastle) - 130k - Real experienced centre back.

Edixon Perea (Gremio) - 650k - Goal Machine

13th at the moment, Trying to aviod relegation then maybe move to Spain or Italy.

Good luck, in one of my previous saves i ended up at some bottom end spanish club and did awfully as i had no idea what i was doing :D

Good luck, in one of my previous saves i ended up at some bottom end spanish club and did awfully as i had no idea what i was doing :D

Hehe. I'm generally good in most leagues on FM and pretty decent with a tight budget.

I want to join a higher club in Russia or move from Russia and go to Spain or Italy then move on to England. Then after that go back to Russia to end my career.

Only a few months into my Job at Saturn in Russia. Got them out of the Relegation zone from 15th to 11th. At the end of the season I was planning to leave. I might leave for Crewe now as they are far better then Saturn.

I applied for Crewe but they chose to appoint Stuart Gray.

Oh well, only a few games left till the end of the season, bring it on.

automatic is the best and purest way of doing this.... but the higher you start the better your rep and therefore the more likely to get a higher profile job offered to you

Well to me half the fun of this is starting at lower league clubs and working your way into the more high profile jobs.

Thanks though, i shall go with automatic :thup:

I loaded:

Brazil (TOP)

China (TOP)

Cyprus (Two)

England (Two)

France (Two)

Germany (Two)

Greece (Two)

Italy (Two)

Russia (TOP)

Spain (Two)

Proffesional previous reputation, started with Omonoia Nicosia in Cyprus. I didn't want to have a lower reputation or go unemployed because I can't stand lower league management.

ive always wanted to manage either Napoli or Sampdoria, no idea why :S

Im still at Preston after 18 months, about to start the 2011/2012 season. A decent finish of 10th last season but im hoping to push on towards the play-offs this season.

My team is full of young players who should be able to tear up this division but im missing a top striker up front. Jonjo Shelvey is attracting interest from Real Madrid, Barcelona and Arsenal so i hop i can keep hold of him.

GK: Andy Lonergan

RB: Billy Jones

CB: Jordan Spence

CB: Liam Ridgewell

LB: Ludovic Magnin

RM: Tom Cleverley

CM: Aron Gunnarsson

CM: Jonjo Shelvey

LM: Ross Wallace

ST: Kevin Vandenbergh

ST: Benjani

Surely thats enough for a play-off place? On the look out for a top striker now

ive always wanted to manage either Napoli or Sampdoria, no idea why :S

Im still at Preston after 18 months, about to start the 2011/2012 season. A decent finish of 10th last season but im hoping to push on towards the play-offs this season.

My team is full of young players who should be able to tear up this division but im missing a top striker up front. Jonjo Shelvey is attracting interest from Real Madrid, Barcelona and Arsenal so i hop i can keep hold of him.

GK: Andy Lonergan

RB: Billy Jones

CB: Jordan Spence

CB: Liam Ridgewell

LB: Ludovic Magnin

RM: Tom Cleverley

CM: Aron Gunnarsson

CM: Jonjo Shelvey

LM: Ross Wallace

ST: Kevin Vandenbergh

ST: Benjani

Surely thats enough for a play-off place? On the look out for a top striker now

Definitely.

I'd leave after you get to the Premiership. Go to a more established team :thup:

Definitely.

I'd leave after you get to the Premiership. Go to a more established team :thup:

Yeah i will definately do that, i dont think i want to spend my whole career at Preston, they are just a stepping stone. Hopefully i will learn Spanish while managing Honduras and that will allow me to go to a decent Spanish club. Whichever club i go to i will look to take Jonjo Shelvey with me, he is a star.

Well im top of the championship afte 21 games as well as reaching the league cup semi-final so all is going well. Hearts have just offered me the job along with a £14m transfer budget but i have turned it down as i dont want to work with Vladimir Romanov and i cant leave while everything is going so well.

Preston North End have reached the League cup final :D A fantastic Jonjo Shelvey hat-trick sealed the 4-2 aggregate victory. We play Man Utd in the final.

Jonjo Shelvey is absoloutley brilliant, 26 goals and 9 assists in 33 games. Real Madrid, Barcelona and AC Milan are sniffing around but he is not for sale at any price.

• 2 weeks later...

After spending nearly 14 months at Sampdoria, I felt it was time to leave. After a 5-0 defeat to Lazio I resigned. Leaving Sampdoria 5th in the Table.

Applied to all clubs and got offered the Hibernian job, didn't really want to manage a Scottish team at the moment so I rejected it.

A few weeks later I got offered the Blackburn job. I couldnt resist.

Starting now. 17 February 2011.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, after getting bored on my Chelsea save, I've started a Career game, beginning at my local club Chelmsford City in the Blue Square South. Managed to pull off a real coup in the transfer market by bringin Gael Kakuta on loan from Chelsea for the season, other than that not much investment needed.

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

Started my Career unemployed and ended up getting a job with Reggina in Serie B after they were taken over by a Brazilian consortium and their manager was sacked. Took over at the end of October with Reggina sitting in 18th. It's now February and we're sitting at the top of the the table. The previous manager had made a number of signings in Jaroslav Cerny (who has been fantastic for me on the left wing) from Slavia Prague aswell as Bruno Basto, Patrick Barul and Steve Olfers (who's been very solid at the back) on free transfers. I brought in Giorgio La Vista as back-up to the right wing and Pablo Mastroeni after he was released from Colorado. I also managed to pull off some pretty good signings in January; Kakuta came in from Chelsea for £250k having been transfer listed, I also signed Fejzullahu from NEC for £1.5m and got Fabio Liverani, David Di Gennaro, Lorenzo Ariaudo and Ederson on loan. I'll make sure to keep you all updated on how my career goes.

Have just decided to start a career game, with a club.

Starting as CSKA Moscow, in January 2010. The Start of the Russian Season.

I am still in the Euro Cup, and have Roma in the First K.O Round.. Will of course keep you updated on how that one pans out.

have £5.5million anyway, with what looks like a very strong solid squad!

England L1

Italian Top 2

Spanish Top 2

German, Holland, French and Russian Top Division Loaded.

You may be able to get a good job in the championship if you do suceed :thup:

This is true, my defensive pairing are three premiership youngsters and a championship youngster :D my midfield are all practically loan signings as is my front line

EDIT:

Best XI

GK: Reidford- original Clyde player

DL: George Friend- Wolves

DC- Daniel Ayala- Liverpool

DC- Johnny Flynn - Blackburn

DR- Adam Matthews - Cardiff

DMC- Francis Coquelin- Arsenal

MC- Andrew Shinnie- Rangers

MC- Jamie Ness - Rangers

AMC- Gohhan Tore - Chelsea

ST- Danijel Subotic - Portsmouth

ST- Rhys Murphy - Arsenal

Oh dear :o

I've started a South American save with Guaraní, might use this thread in the mean time while I create a Brazilian football thread. :thup:

Anyway I'm enjoying the save, have no money but my squad isn't bad. A few freebies and I should be alright.

Is Amoroso still playing there??

Archived