FM10 : Official S.S. Lazio Thread

ahmufcwafc

File:SS_Lazio.pngSS_Lazio.png?t=1255552319

Società Sportiva Lazio, commonly referred to as S.S.Lazio or simply Lazio. An Italian football club who play in the Serie A. The club was founded on the 9th January 1900 and are based in Rome. The club's colours have led to their Italian nickname of biancocelesti. (white and blue). In their 108 year history Lazio have won the Serie A twice first in 1973-74 and more recently 1999-00 season. Lazio have also won the Coppa Italia four times. They have also been successful on the European stage winning the Uefa Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup both in 1999.

They play their home games at the 73,000 seater Stadio Olympico of which they share with their fierce rivals Roma.

Name: S.S.Lazio

Year Founded: 1900

Legends: Giuseppe Signori

Favoured Personnel: Veron

Club Icons: Dino Zoff, Diego Simeone, Allesandro Nesta, Paolo Di Canio, Tommaso Rocchi

Fierce Rivalries: Chievo, Atalanta, Bologna, Brescia, Pescara, Messina, Roma, Livorno

Other Rivalries: Napoli, AC Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina, Ternana, Perugia, Palermo, Reggina, Torino, Vicenza, Sambenedettese, Foggia, Taranto

Finances: Secure

Transfer Budget: £5m

Media Prediction: 9th

Average Ticket Price: £32.20

Average Season Ticket Price: £435

Season Ticket Holders: 25052

Continental Competition: Europa League

Affiliated Clubs: Vitrus Lanciano, Aversa Normanna

Facilities

Stadium: Olimpico

Capacity: 81193 all-seater

Undersoil Heating: No

Roof: No

Corporate Facilities: Average

Training Facilities: Top

Youth Facilties: Good + Youth Academy

Why should I be them?

Exactly 10 years ago, Lazio last won Serie A. These days, they are only a mid-table team. Who knows, maybe you could carry them to their first Serie A title in a decade! Or, if you want to be more realistic, maybe set a three year target

While you won't be given much money to spend, Lazio do have the bones of a very good team - with a bit of squad strengthening, it's possible that you'll be able to turn them into title challengers.

Squad

Goalkeepers:

Albano Bizzarri

Antony Iannarilli

Fernando Muslera

Tommaso Berni

Defenders:

Stephan Lichtsteiner

Lionel Scaloni

Aleksandar Kolarov

Sebastiano Siviglia (vice-captain)

Ivan Artipoli

Emílson Cribari

Ştefan Radu

Guglielmo Stendardo

Riccardo Bonetto

Alessio Luciani

Marco Davide Faraoni

Midfielders:

Fabio Firmani

Stefano Mauri

Ousmane Dabo

Eliseu

Matuzalém

Pasquale Foggia

Mourad Meghni

Cristian Ledesma

Cristian Brocchi

Roberto Baronio

Federico Sevieri

Christian Manfredini

Riccardo Perpetuini

Strikers:

Tommaso Rocchi (captain)

Mauro Zárate

Stephen Makinwa

Goran Pandev

Simone Inzaghi

Julio Cruz

Simone Del Nero

Out on loan:

Juan Pablo Carrizo (at Real Zaragoza)

Ettore Mendicino (at Crotone)

Libor Kozlak (at Brescia)

Allesandri Tuia (at Monza)

Luciano Zauri (at Sampdoria)

Squad Analysis

As I said before, Lazio have the bones of a good team, but perhaps lack strength in depth. Pandev, Ledesma, Zarate and perhaps even Rocchi (if you play to his strenghs!) are all very good players for a mid-table Serie A team. You will find that there is a lack of strength in depth though.

Goalkeeper

Both Bizzarri and Muslera are decent goalkeepers at this level. Carrizo is probably better than these two but he's out on loan at Zaragoza for the first season. Out of the two, I'd say Mulsera is slightly more consistent than Bizzarri. He is also the much younger of the two - he is 23 I believe, whereas Bizzarri is 31.

Right Back

Lichtsteiner is a good player at this level, and also very consistent. You have Scaloni as decent backup also, so I see no need to buy new players in this position.

Left Back

Pretty much the same as RB. Kolarov is a very good player and again very consistent. Siviglia is pretty good too, but I much prefer Kolarov out of the two.

Centre Back

Weakest position in the team in my opinion. Diakité and Cribari are decent Serie A players, and Radu is okay backup - but if you don't strengthen this area of the team I can pretty much guarantee you you'll be conceding far too many goals. At least one good signing is required here - I'd definitely put signing a solid CB as top priority in the transfer market.

Wingers

As most wide midfielders/wingers in the squad can play on either flank, I'll group them together. While Zarate's strongest position is not on the right wind, he's more than capable of playing there - I'd definitely go with playing him there as there is already enough class in his favoured position (FC). Foggia is the other player I'd start out on the wing - not quite as talented as Zarate but a very capable player in this position. Eliseu is good backup and from my experience usually makes a positive impact when brought on as a sub - but I would recommend signing one more winger on loan if there are any decent players up for loan.

Central Midfield

Ledesma is a top class Serie A midfielder, and Matuzalém is not far off this standard. I'd play Ledesma as a ball-winning midfielder with Matuzalém alongside him as a box-to-box midfielder. From my experience these two paired together make a great midfield duo. Doni and Dabo are good backup players in this position, and if you wanted a more attack-minded player to fill you could always move Foggia into a more central position.

Striker

Pandev is a fantastic player for a team like Lazio, and Rocchi is pretty good also. If you play Rocchi to his strengths, he's more than capable of getting you 20+ goals a season. What I do is play Rocchi as a target man with Pandev as trequartista (basically a link between the striker and midfield positions). Julio Cruz is pretty good backup, but you might need another striker as backup just in case. Then again, you could always push Zarate up to the striker position if needed.

Tactics

Recommended formation:

Mulsera
Lichtsteiner Cribari  Diakaté Kolarov
Zarate  Ledesma   Matuzalém   Foggia
          Pandev  Rocchi

Team Instructions

Philosophy: Fluid

Starting strategy: Attacking

Passing style: Default

Creative freedom: More expressive

Closing down: Default

Tackling: More cautious

Marking: Zonal

Crossing: Default

Roaming: Default

Primary Playmaker: None

Primary target man: Tommasso Rocchi

Target Man Supply: Mixed

Player Roles

Mulsera - Goalkeeper

Lichtsteiner - Full back

Cribari - Centre back

Diakaté - Centre back

Kolarov - Full back

Zaraté - Winger

Foggia - Winger

Ledesma - Ball-winning midfielder

Matuzalém - Box-to-box midfielder

Pandev - Trequartista

Rocchi - Target man

Recommended Signings

As Lazio don't have much to spend, you'll really have to make good use of the little transfer money you have. I only have three recommendations at the moment, but all have been quality signings for me.

Giovani dos Santos - Loan from Tottenham with option to buy if possible

He should be available for loan at around just under £1m. He should be very interested. You should be able to agree to a future fee of around £8-9m. He'll add more depth to the midfield/striker area for the season and could develop into a pretty good player.

Ezequiel Garay - £4m from Real Madrid

He's available at a bargain price in most saves I've started. A very good player for a team like Lazio - well worth a punt. He makes an excellent ball playing centre half.

Nelson Rivas - Free (on bosman at the end of the first season)

Very consistant performer and perhaps better than all CBs at the club at the start.

Great post. Ive always enjoyed Lazio saves in the past. If you can sort out the defence there is alot of potential for a top save.

Thanks! For a team only expected to finish mid-table in Serie A, they really do have a top side. Pandev, Ledesma and especially Zarate are great players on their day.

I'll update the thread with some more FM info and a star player profile shortly.

Great op, thought id start a save as lazio seeing how im bored of managing in england. I've signed Sol Campbell,Jorge Andrade, (both frees) Milan Badelj for £900k,And Andrej Kramaric for £750k and sent the latter whos only 18 out on loan. Was going to sign Nicolas Otamendi but rememberd that annoying rule where you cant sign more than 2 non eu players in a season:( failed in a bid to land Javier Pastore from Palermo. Not all bad though beat inter 2-1 in the super cup

God damn it Mauro Zarate has just suffered a broken collarbone playing for argentina and will be out for around two months.How annoying in his first cap aswell.Dear god was going to loan gio dos santos but just seen hes out for two months as well what are the odds of that. Just realised the croat that i didnt loan out (Badelj) can play in the same positions (bar centre foward) as zarate.Happy days

After stepping up to replace the injured Zarate,Milan Badelj has done very well in his first two games in a Lazio shirt he scored 1 and set 2 up. So far it seems like 900k well spent. On a side note beat flora in the euro cup 4 nil in the first leg and 3 nil in the second. I also beat siena 2-1 and the pick of the bunch has to be a 2 nil win against Juve.

Nice one. Out of interest, have you had much hassle getting Ledesma and Pandev to stay at the club?

Unlucky on the Zarate injury, how long is he out for?

Was going to sign Nicolas Otamendi but rememberd that annoying rule where you cant sign more than 2 non eu players in a season:(

I'd have it over those silly registration rules any day. Can't quite put my finger on why, but I much prefer the rules in Italy over any other top league. Always have my best saves in Italy.

I was playing as Juventus, but the AI kept both Pandev and Ladesma, so propably it is not really hard.

My bad, I should have probably said that the question was directed at batty :)

Zarate has been amazing for me so far, scoring 12 goals in 15 games and making 8 assists playing as an AMC.

No hassle keeping pandev or ledesma nobody has bid for either and their not unhappy. Zarate was out for 2 months but back in 2 weeks. thank god even though Badelj has been doing pretty well.Pandev also picked up an injury in a bloody international(miskicked the ball) he should be back around the same time as zarate. But the main pain in the ass is they both miss the serie A game against inter. First game with pandev missing and i lose 3-1 to genoa. My first loss aswell. well thats pleasing despite having sol sent off i beat werder bremen 2-1 in the euro cup. Well that took the shine of the win kolarov is out for 2 weeks.So a 3rd first choice player misses the inter game.

I've always wanted to have a go with Lazio on FM, but due to their "unofficial affiliation" with a certain terrible political idealogy I can never bring myself to actually managing them... Which is a shame :(

How's Tommaso Rocchi doing for everyone else? He's been a beast for me as a target man - 34 league goals in my first season.

I'm scoring heaploads of goals atm, but I also have one of the worst defensive records in the league, so it kind of balances it out :D

• 1 month later...

Hi. I've just started a Lazio save as they are my favourite Serie A side. Great to see a FM 2010 SS Lazio thread.

I was just wondering if some of you would'nt mind describing some of the tactics you use with this side in FM 2010? I see ahmufcwafc has detailed a few of his tactics but i woulnd't mind knowing some more detailed info, not just from ahmufcwafc but others as well :)

So I started a Lazio save and 9 games into the season I'm sitting in third place and leading the league in goals.

My transfers:

lazioin09.jpg

lazioout09.jpg

All of the guys I brought in have been outstanding. Shawcross and Leo have nailed down my defense a lot, Afellay is tied right now for #1 in Serie A in assists, and Appiah has 4 goals and 4 assists in 15 total competitive appearances, with an average rating of 7.11 (all of the goals are league goals as are 3 of his 4 assists, his average rating for the league is 7.33 right now)

Tactics:

laziotactics.jpg

Now I would also like to point out just how BEAST Zarate has been for me so far. I have him playing as a support complete forward alongside Rocchi who's a target man. Check it out:

zaratebadass.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So my computer went kaputt for about 2 months- bad news.

I fixed it finally, had to replace the keyboard- good news.

When I got back to my game, I forgot what I had been doing and got bored really fast- bad news.

I decided to restart, and am back into it and am doing pretty well (Currently in October)- good news.

So, here are my transfers in:

lazioin09-2.jpg

Transfers out:

lazioout09-2.jpg

Additionally, I have 2 future transfers:

laziofuturetransfers09.jpg

The table, as of Oct. 22, 2009:

laziotable22oct09.jpg

I started a Lazio save, which is a first for me, i dont remember playing with them in FM 09 or in FM 08.

Lazio:

--------Vilar---------

----Lichtsteiner----Forren---Otamendi---Kolarov----

-----M.Sissoko---Matuzalem---Ledesma---Buonanotte--

-------Rossi--------Zarate----

i have also brought players like Verratti, Smiljanic and Nicolas Lodeiro, they all look like to be star players in the future.

Many people mentioned Otamendi before, its going to be my first time with him, lets see how he develops.

I m also eager to see how Buonanotte will turn out.

• 2 weeks later...

Been manager of Lazio now for four and a half seasons in my journeyman save. This is the longest I've been at a club so far (Currently in 2017).

I've enjoyed my time immensely so far, bringing in a load of players on the cheap (Borja Baston for £6m and is now a top striker and Destro for £5.5m) and trying to help progress the club.

Its been a bit of a topsy turvy ride at Lazio, finishing in the Euro Cup spots in my first two season but then plummeting down to tenth in my third.

After a little restructuring and strengthening, we stormed to the title in my fourth season, winning by six points ahead of Juve.

My team for the majority of the season was:

Akinfeev

Raul® Nordveit Bassong Fatic

Mikel

Ramsey Halmes®

Gatagov

Baston Paulaho®

® = Regen

Paulaho was bought for £3.3m as a backup a few years ago, but is now a world class striker and valued at around £25m. He's made massive leaps ability wise in his two and a half years at the club.

Just won the Super Cup by thrashing Udinese 5-1, hoping to regain the title, or at least challenge.

After our best season yet in the 16/17 season, I was looking to build on the good foundations that I've built during my tenure at the club.

Going into the start of the 17/18 season, I didn't want to bring in too many players. Mainly because I felt that the squad was good enough as it is and we could only improve (Our squad is the youngest in the league). Also because I didn't want to disrupt the good understanding that the current players had fostered between them.

These were the ins and outs for the season:

th_Transfer17-18.jpg

Dursun Kurt is a French international striker at the age of 20 (Well, one cap anyways). I brought him in as fourth choice striker to take over from Prosenik who I'd sent out on loan.

th_Kurt-1.jpg

Kokoszka is a promising German MC, 24 years old. He has six caps and I brought him in as we were a little light on options in midfield after selling on Hansen. I brought him in on loan just so I could see what he was like, I've agreed a fee of £12.5m if his loan is successful.

th_Kokoszka.jpg

Kalashnikov (Brilliant name right?) is a Russian AM/FC, brought in to compete with Gatagov for the AMC position. At 20 years old it was a bit of a risk at £16.5m, but if he turns out anything like Gatagov it will be a superb piece of business.

th_Kalashnikov.jpg

Our first league game of the season came against AC Milan, at the San Siro. Don't want to make things too easy eh? We took the lead on 19 minutes through Paulao, then Baston added another two either side of half time. It looked like it was going to be an easy run out, but Vela scored in the 59th minute with Pato scoring five minutes later to make it 3-2. Eventually we ran out comfortable winners, but there were a few nervy moments.

We then went on a four game unbeaten run, scoring a total of 14 goals.

Sampdoria - 3-2

Lecce - 2-0

AS Saint Etienne(Champions League) - 5-2

Torino - 4-0

We then came unstuck against Udinese, drawing 1-1 thanks to an 86th minute penalty. We then won our next three games scoring a total of 11 goals (One game in the CL).

Currently we're top of the Serie A by two points from Juventus after seven games. Things are looking promising.

I've got a couple. Got two strikers who look as though they could feature regularly in my first team in a few years. There's also a DM who's been part of the first team since I arrived, he plays now and again and has developed nicely.

Then there's a couple of others who could go on to have good careers, but not quite good enough for Lazio's first team.

Can't post any pics as I'm not on the PC with FM on it, but I'll post some of the more promising youth players at some point if you want?

If anyone's interested, here's are a couple of regens that have come through my youth academy:

Filippo Oliverio

Davide DiMaro

Antonio Foglia

Donato Compagnone

Marco Pellecchia

Andreas Solinas

Out of all of them, Solinas and Oliverio are the most promising. Solinas has been in the first team since I arrived in 2012, when he was just 17. I was going to start playing Oliverio in some first team games, but then he got injured on international duty.

The others are all rated as promising by my assistant manager, with maybe one or two capable of becoming squad players. I get alot of interest in my youth players from other clubs, I've rejected plenty of co-ownership deals for them.

After ten games, we're top by three points from Juve, scoring 29 goals and conceeding 14. Our defence isn't as solid as I'd like, but given that we're scoring so many it doesn't usually matter.

I strongly reccomend Johan Djourou and Andrej Kramaric for Lazio. Djourou is normally transfer-listed by Arsenal even though he is a good centre-back, and Kramaric is brilliant and can be seen as a replacement for want-away strikers should it come to that stage. He also could be a replacement for the aging Rocchi, though breaking past Zárate and Pandev would be a feat!

• 2 weeks later...

th_LaziovBrescia.png

Just thought I'd post this, absolutely fantastic win, never expected that. This match now takes us up to 77 goals after 26 games and our World-Class forward Paulao now has 21 league goals in 26 games, beating Baston's highest for a season set back in 2016. Paulao and Baston have 26 and 22 goals apiece in all competitions. There's no chance of us losing the title on goal difference!

This is even more impressive than the Brescia win, we were absolutely clinical.

th_LaziovManCity.png

We drew the second leg 0-0 and are through to the Semi against Juve.

th_SerieA.png

First time I've looked at the table in a while, thought we were only clear by 2 points. We play Juve in three days time, if we win that the title should be ours. It came down to the same game last season.

• 2 weeks later...

Not updated this for a while. Since the last update I've started the 18/19 season, having retained the title by nine points. But, on top of that we managed to win the Champions League, absolutely ecstatic with that!

th_SerieA-2.png

th_LaziovACMilan.png

As ever the RB position was our weakest and despite spending £13.5m on Raul two seasons ago, my Ass. Man insisted we go out and buy one. So I plumped for a regen called Tero Muhonen from Villareal who seemed amazing. Luckily for me, Villareal had a blonde moment and stuck a £12.75m release clause in his contract, so I duly snapped him up (They also did this with another player, Horacio Pereyra, so that was a no brainer.). To bolster my midfield, I brought in another regen named Edson for £17.5m, matching the most I've ever paid for a player (The other being Kuzmanovic).

We're currently in October 2018, top of the league after 6 games with 16 points. Our defense seems to have finally sorted itself out having only conceded one goal, whilst scoring 14.

Onwards and upwards!

• 1 month later...

Finally I've come to the point where I'm starting a game with Lazio. I was actually kind of surprised to see the quality of the squad considering how we performed the first half of the season.

Since I've patched the game I will have to do without Pandev in the squad nor the funds I could have sold him for. I havn't really got into the save yet but I'm thinking of selling Zaraté if I can find a buyer willing to put enough cash on the table for him. Shouldn't be too hard finding a cheaper replacement for him and then have a little more funds to strengthen the rest of the squad.

I was wondering a little about the economy in FM10. I remember that it was somewhat of an issue on 09 which could be solved by getting feederclubs just for selling more merchandise in Asia and the US. Do we still have that against us? I suppose the minimal transferbudget is giving me a hint but it doesn't hurt getting a few opinions from the forum. :)

Decided to start with Lazio, lack of money available was pretty annoying which meant that most of my transfers are stretched over a 48 month period. The squad is pretty big with alot of pretty useless players so I sold the ones that I could. With the team I have, I should easily finish in the top half this year.

Players in were Eduardo Salvio, Nicolas Otamendi and Angel Di Maria.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm now a few seasons in with my dear Lazio. Currently playing 12/13 and lying 7th in the league although it's oh so few points that differ between me and the leaders after the first half of the season. The previous two seasons I've landed on a stable 6th spot so this year I almost demand some improvements from my lads and qualifiquations for Champions Leauge. Got pretty close to the title in the Euro Cup last season aswell if it wasn't for that one man-army called Fernando Torres who destroyed my dreams during overtime in the semifinals.

The squad is beginning to look pretty decent. Will mainly be looking for a goalkeeper worthy of carrying our jersey the next season, Handanovic doesn't have the skills to take me to the next level. My defenseline consisting of Aurier-Naldo-Sakho-Kolarov with Kjaer, Lichtensteiner and a regen as replacements feels very stable, as well as the midfield with Sissoko-Kuzmanovic-Ledesma/regen and Van der Vaart in front of them. Thinking of changing system for the upcoming season though, It's alot more fun to have offensive wingers and not just fullbacks.

Paloschi is doing a great job up front, even was crowned for scoring most goals during his first season at the club. Lukaku is developing pretty nicely although I seem to have some issues getting the best out of him.

i agree with Joe, you should be wining with that first team, and Handanovic surly is good enough, you seem to have done massive changes thought, Trumdum, wheres the love for your club? so many signings could also make squad gelling a problem...

Well I did win the league 6 months after that post. :D Secured the title in the final round though. Palermo is performing like a bunch of madmen. But breaking the records for both points and goalscoring says quite alot of my second half of the season. Think I had about 16 consecutive wins with Fiorentina, Inter and Roma away among them and Juve at home.

When it comes to all the signings I still have quite few of the orginial squad so that my first team qon't get worn out as easily as it did during the first two seasons. Ledesma, Zaraté, Kolarov and Lichtensteiner play quite alot while Matuzalem and Andre Dias backs up the team if I have some injuries. I suppose it should be noted that I like developing youth players and this game was meant to be my annual "youth team" although it never really happened. :D But I do have 3 guys from our own ranks who play around 20 matches every season which is fun to watch. A true Laziale is the best after all.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived