FM WeeGiE Update 24/07/09

Michael F

Welcome to the FM WeeGiE Update based on the 9.0.3 database for Football Manager 2009, this will focus on all real life changes that happened post release of the official Sports Interactive patch. The next installment will be released first at www.fmweegie.co.uk on Friday 24th July 2009 @ 4pm, other links will follow in due course.

FM WeeGiE Fix List

General

- Latest transfers & loans (loans 3 months+ only)

- Released players

- Latest Retirements

- Player Contracts

- Manager changes

- Manager contracts

- Staff changes

- Staff contracts

- Deceased players removed

- Board Changes & Takeovers

Summer Changes

- Promotions & Relegations completed for all playable England & Scotland plus the top leagues in France, Germany, Holland, Italy & Spain

- Updated final league positions for all playable English & Scottish clubs, plus top leagues in France, Germany, Holland, Italy & Spain

- Done English & Scottish league & cup winners for 09, League winners in France, Germany, Italy & Spain plus Champions League & UEFA Cup.

- Updated all 53 nations european participants for 09/10

- Updated all new kits for 09/10 season to July 09

- Updated stadium capacity changes & moves worldwide

- Updated competition names for 09/10 season

- Updated nation co-efficients for 09/10

- Updated finance for English Premier League (please see sticky thread in FM WeeGiE general discussion forum for figures)

* Due to the Champions League, UEFA Cup & Intertoto Cup being hardcoded for the 08/09 season we are using the teams who qualified for 09/10 and the format for 08/09, The UEFA Cup is now called Europa League & Intertoto Cup is now called Europa League Qualifiying in this update.

PLEASE NOTE THAT POINTS DEDUCTIONS ARE HARD CODED AND CANNOT BE REMOVED, WE RECCOMMEND DOWNLOADING A SAVE GAME EDITOR SUCH AS FMRTE FROM www.bracasoft.com. FM WEEGIE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF GAME USING THIS 3RD PARTY TOOL.

Other Changes

- Removed all expired bans from database up to end of July 09

- Removed all expired retirements from database up to end of July 09

- Removed all old future transfers up to the end of July 09 and moved players to their new clubs

- Removed all expired loans worldwide till July 09

- Removed all old injures from database up to end of July 09

Plus fixed all issues raised in the 10th July thread here on the SI forums.

Misc

- Real competition names for 09/10

- Fake fix included to solve Germany & Holland national teams having unplayable players

- No player stats, CA or PA altered.

Please keep this thread for general discussion & questions & post all data issues on the FM WeeGiE forum for Richie and his team to fix

lfc, nabil el zhar

On 11 July 2009, he signed a new contract extension to his current Liverpool contract that will keep him at Anfield until 2012

will you be adding staff and players that arent on the database?

This is actually very good. I wasn't impressed with the last update, but this is better from what I can see so far. Good work.

Thanks for this we have concentrated on transfers from outside of England to ensure most major transfers for european teams have been done even more should be included next time as well.

Wondering if I can get some help here.

Downloaded Weegie, extracted to My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db. Went to play and can't select the database as it's only showing 9.3.0 and Default.

Any help would be appreciated :thup:

Wondering if I can get some help here.

Downloaded Weegie, extracted to My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db. Went to play and can't select the database as it's only showing 9.3.0 and Default.

Any help would be appreciated :thup:

No problem Neji

Drag the weegie folder back to your desktop, click on it and if there is a weegie folder inside, drag that into my docs/SI/FM09/db

Seems to be the most common solution to your problem.

New to downloading databases so not quite sure if this is a stupid question.

Ok I know it's all up to date etc but how does the game handle the fact for instance that Newcastle finished 12th in 2007-2008 yet are in the Championship in 2008-2009?!

You can set finishing positions for the previous years in the db so it looks something like this

Newcastle

Current League: Championship

Last League: Premier League

Finishing Position: 18

Euro Competition: none

Plus i gave the club reputation a drop to around 6600 from 6900 so players would look to sign for higher rep clubs

You can set finishing positions for the previous years in the db so it looks something like this

Newcastle

Current League: Championship

Last League: Premier League

Finishing Position: 18

Euro Competition: none

Plus i gave the club reputation a drop to around 6600 from 6900 so players would look to sign for higher rep clubs

Does a season get missed out somewhere along the line then?

No problem Neji

Drag the weegie folder back to your desktop, click on it and if there is a weegie folder inside, drag that into my docs/SI/FM09/db

Seems to be the most common solution to your problem.

Thanks for the reply. There was no extra folder but I fixed it by taking out the updates from the files and putting it directly into my db folder. Good job I only want one update :D

Thanks for the help :thup:

All the cup winners of 2008 have had their cup wins removed.

Which leaves situations like Man United only have two European Cups and 17 league titles(my theory is Michael Foster is possibly a Liverpool fan).

Zenit never won the UEFA Cup.

I dont think it was neccesary to delete the 2008 cup winners, having done a editor test myself, I was able to add an extra 2008 year with all the 2009 real life cup winners.

It did mean there were two 2008 years in the history of competitions but the game automatically picked the recent edit as the last cup year and so things like the community shield and super cup came with the right fixtures...Utd/Chelsea....Barca/Shaktar......rather than Utd/Pompey...United/Zenith from the previous year.

Hi.

New to downloading and having a coulpe of problems, followed some of the help already given but no joy.

Downloaded from Megaupload to BitComet

Then i tried to just send it to the db folder buts its not comming up when I'm wanting to start a new game.

Done what someday else said, when you put it on to the desktop then go into it to send the file to the database. But it keeps coming up as a Windows Media Player file. ??????

Any hepls welcome.

Thanks Callum

Archived