Gabriel Obertan

Mooki3

Noticed this fella did not have a thread of his own, and he looks a bit of a gem so I thought it reasonable to create one. However, I have a question to pose with it:

Anyone ever had Gabriel Obertan in their side before? I bought him for £18m in the 3rd season, and although only ten games in I must admit, he has been pretty poor! I am playing the lad in RM position, with all the basic setting you would have thought his stats would be able to optimise.

Can anyone help me?

On my Chelsea save at the end of 2010 Bordeaux want 20mil or so! But he is a great player whenever I've had him in the past :) Get him forward as much as poss. see if you can up his crossing with his training schedule because he looks like he'd be great running with the ball at defences, and if he's like on mine he "runs down the right". Hope this helps..

Signed him for Newcastle in the 3rd season for 18m. Only played 1 game so far in the season and he did really well setting up a goal, I hope he does do well as Jonas has been loaned out view to a 10m transfer to Ath. Madrid if they choose to sign him.

Though, in your screen shot he does look better then mine. I was not going to sign him at first as in the scout report it said he was a selfish player.

He's good at the start and develops into a gem of a player, though probably won't be in the top bracket, i.e. Ronaldo, Messi, Silva, Walcott etc. but still good enough for top teams. Loves big games and will put in his fair share of assists and goals. Is consistent but not spectacular. You should give him some time to settle and he'll definitely come good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

His stats won't shoot up that much but he's quality mate. If you ever had walcott, he's that type of player... fast! He's effective with run on to balls option and short passes. Doesn't cross that well thou.

Yeah i hate it when players are rated like that

It's the same when players like Jagielka aren't given their deserved stats just because he plays for everton, i'm sure if he moved to the top four this summer he'd get a big stat boost :thup:

if im right obertan was rubbish in the 08/09 season. Form was so bad he was sent on loan to ligue 2. Stats will be the same or less, shouldnt be more just because someone big bought him

Well it may happen due to the club's reputation. At least on Fifa this happens as players move into bigger clubs they get to increase their ratings

FM doesn't work like FIFA. His CA/PA shouldn't and won't be improved because he's now signed for United. If anything he will be slightly lowered in PA, however any changes after that will only be based on if he plays and how he plays.

if im right obertan was rubbish in the 08/09 season. Form was so bad he was sent on loan to ligue 2. Stats will be the same or less, shouldnt be more just because someone big bought him

Rubbish would be too harsh; he couldn't break into the first team. But he was loaned to Lorient FC who play in Ligue 1 not Ligue 2. However this is getting off from FM now.

Laurent Blanc doesn't rate him at all, seemed to suggest he doesn't have the mentality to cut it. I think his PA will be lowered a lot in the next FM.

Not quite correct! Laurent Blanc said that he thinks the player has a great potential, but Bordeaux or Lorient wasn't able to develop him further! Also it wasn't the mentality Blanc ment was a problem, it was his mental skills on the field, f.ex decision making, off the ball movement etc.

obertan.jpg

Another superstar French midfielder. Starts at Bordeaux - again, this is in 2020. He is a super talent, and dominates the midfield with injections of pace and incisive solo play.

He has shone at Arsenal, and now at Real Madrid for seven seasons - and has made the AMC role his own in Spain.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't spot existing thread!

• 10 months later...

In Fm09 I bought him for 24 mil and two years later Real Madrid offered the same money but I didnt want to sell because he was an awesome player , never seen a player like that in my team. So I said to Real Madrid if you pay 50 million you will get him :p and they've responded with the 50 million bod so I can't reject beacuase my board wanted to sell him. So I lost the angel who has saved us. Nevermind with the new money I had made a lot more better players. :D

I'm afraid for you too young boy

Interesting insults in that post. So in poker parlance here's my raise,

154hdp3.jpg

And there's the rest of my stack,

2lvqk0.png

Ever used Obertan Arda? For a player you can buy for £4m in the 2nd season I'd say he's pretty decent value.

Interesting insults in that post. So in poker parlance here's my raise,

Ever used Obertan Arda? For a player you can buy for £4m in the 2nd season I'd say he's pretty decent value.

In FM 09 he was a Beast.. , but in FM10 10.3 I think he is not the old one but in your save game he is very well.. speed like a devil :D

Archived