Macheda - The Hero Of 5/4/09 !!

DJJOEYT

Hi people .. so i watched the game today

saw this young kid come on for manchester united .

i studied him and his movement , hes class .

now iv searched and found no threads on him ?

anyone know how he developes ?

i know he's about championship/L1 quality at the start ..

Cheers guys x

Stu232 - nope , he was a good player before he scored 'one goal' x

rooneyand tevez over him everyday .. he's 17 for god sakes

Why did you write 'one goal'? That's how many he scored. The FM scouts did not rate him very well this year though, and one goal shouldn't change that. He's maybe championship quality on FM when fully developed. Definitely not even L1 quality at the beginning though. He does have places shots already, so that's nice.

Everyone seems to be getting ahead of themselves with this lad, it was a top class goal and he really did well when he came on but we shouldn't get carried away! He's poor on FM was looking at him the other day, he has little potential, and my scouts recommend offloading him ASAP.

Suprising though as he has been around in our reserves for a bit and scores regulalrly for our reserves.

Hi people .. so i watched the game today

saw this young kid come on for manchester united .

i studied him and his movement , hes class .

now iv searched and found no threads on him ?

anyone know how he developes ?

i know he's about championship/L1 quality at the start ..

Cheers guys x

He never really become world class but you can sell him after 3 season for around £3m. Also please may you provide a screenshot of him AT THE START of the game (July 08), otherwise a mod will close this thread.

he should be good to be frank, Lazio rated him highly and he was highly thought of in Italy before he moved to united. Thats why there was such a to do about it, United poached some one who was going to be a bright spark in Italian football. He went on pre-season tours with the first team when he was 15.

But on the game he is fairly terrible.

wow so he scored 1 goal against villa and the other one come off his knees that he knows nothing about and hes supposed to have great stats?

hes really not that good, 2 lucky goals dont make you a great player, he needs to score 30 goals in a season to be good

wow so he scored 1 goal against villa and the other one come off his knees that he knows nothing about and hes supposed to have great stats?

hes really not that good, 2 lucky goals dont make you a great player, he needs to score 30 goals in a season to be good

So you're saying that only strikers that score 30 goals a season are good? :rolleyes:

to be fair to the lad that first goal he scored wasn't luck, was a great goal, lovely technique

on my save 2013, he is still at man utd, occasionally in the first team and had a few appearances for italy u21's. looks good enough to play in the prem but not for any of the top teams. maybe a team pushing for promotion or lower half of the prem. random potential i think??

I signed him on loan for my hull team (from my What If - Challenges) in the first season to be a backup, He scored one goal in 13 games on loan. I then signed him in January, where he scored 1 goal in 2 games, so he got 2 goals in 15 games as a backup at 17 years old, however so far in my preseason in the 2nd season, hes scored 4 in 8, scoring against Leverkusen, Birmingham, West Brom and Fiorentina. I'm currently starting him alongside Zarate (who is godlike for me, he just doesn't stop scoring, 8 goals in 10 games, against top class teams). Hes currently being picked over Berbatov, Nihat and Bendtner, in a team pushing for Top 6, and last season I won the UEFA Cup, Macheda scored mostly in the games he was in, including the UEFA Cup final where he scored the winner in the 118th minute.

I just had two bids from Man City for him. 10m then 15m, I rejected both of course, hes integral to my title hopes

• 1 month later...
I signed him on loan for my hull team (from my What If - Challenges) in the first season to be a backup, He scored one goal in 13 games on loan. I then signed him in January, where he scored 1 goal in 2 games, so he got 2 goals in 15 games as a backup at 17 years old, however so far in my preseason in the 2nd season, hes scored 4 in 8, scoring against Leverkusen, Birmingham, West Brom and Fiorentina. I'm currently starting him alongside Zarate (who is godlike for me, he just doesn't stop scoring, 8 goals in 10 games, against top class teams). Hes currently being picked over Berbatov, Nihat and Bendtner, in a team pushing for Top 6, and last season I won the UEFA Cup, Macheda scored mostly in the games he was in, including the UEFA Cup final where he scored the winner in the 118th minute.

I just had two bids from Man City for him. 10m then 15m, I rejected both of course, hes integral to my title hopes

Screenie of him now would be nice

• 4 weeks later...

i agree he even got young player of the year beacuse of about 4 sub apperances..... he dident deserve it.. he score 1 goal against villa and another lucky one against someone else and is now amazing and gunna be the next big thing.... im not having it ;)

To make a player reach his potential, you need to be playing them every game since they are 17 or 18. It's a bit like my regens at FC United, they've been playing since Blue Square Premier Football and are now classed as top class players in the Premiership because i've been playing them every game i can give them since i signed them at that age. Some were signed at 16. So buy Macheda in the Blue Square Premier and keep him till you reach the Premiership, i'm sure he will be good then :)

Jeez, some of you need to give the guy a break. Obviously United's coaching staff rate him highly and expect him to develop nicely in the next 4-5 years otherwise he'd be nowhere near the first team squad. The hype is to be expected as he's at a major club and is a little over the top, however, conversely it is ridiculous to say 'he's only scored two goals, I can't see him amounting to anything' and is nothing more than opinion based on total guesswork and only betrays a hope that a highly rated Manchester United player turns out to be a failure..

In game he is almost certainly going to have a much increased PA in FM10.

Archived