9.3.0 Genie Scout available!

Deek123

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Practice makes perfect, and one day on a future FM game you could be up there with Genies scout.

Well if the creator of Genie Scout is not around for FM10 i will create a scout then that will compare to Genie Scout :)

Its on the release notes. remember 7 star coaches are overrated, they only contribute to lower the workload.

Apparantly that isn't the case in 9.3.0. SI reckon they actually do something now. Although I wouldn't put lying past them. They managed to forget to tell us so many other things.

To Eugene: a big thanks for your effort and support, I just woke up and saw this, feels like I'm in heaven!I'm just glad that you're back...

To Gesh: dude you started something good, don't ruin it now just because Eugene released a new version of Genie Scout.He is far more experienced than you are (he's been releasing Genie Scout for three years now, you've just started!) but you'll get there eventually.Don't give up...

Awesome News! I normally play with more than one scout (just like to look at all the numbers and compare and stuff... :)) - so all the other scout makers are more than welcome to improve their own scout!! Actually they could use Genie to improve their scout...

To Eugene: a big thanks for your effort and support, I just woke up and saw this, feels like I'm in heaven!I'm just glad that you're back...

To Gesh: dude you started something good, don't ruin it now just because Eugene released a new version of Genie Scout.He is far more experienced than you are (he's been releasing Genie Scout for three years now, you've just started!) but you'll get there eventually.Don't give up...

Exactly as above couldnt agree with both statements more :thup::D

Just a quick question for those in the know.

On "Miniscout", when you view a player in game, the box brings up that particular players CA, PA etc

Is there a similar function on Genie Scout, or do you have to 'search' for the players by name to find them,

many thanks

as far as i can tell the new genie scout has accurate sale values now

Unfortunately, they are far from it. Sales value are, maybe, a bit more nearer the reality. After looking at a specific team, I see that a small percentage of players now have accurate sales figures but the vast majority doesn't.

Also, there are tons of -1 as "Sales Value".

All is all, it's still useless information. If you really want to know the true sales value, you don't need Genie, it's easy to see that ingame.

Just a quick question for those in the know.

On "Miniscout", when you view a player in game, the box brings up that particular players CA, PA etc

Is there a similar function on Genie Scout, [...]

That function is not available with Genie. Genie is not an "online" scout, it only looks at gamesaves, doesn't know about what is loaded in FM2009.

All is all, it's still useless information. If you really want to know the true sales value, you don't need Genie, it's easy to see that ingame.

Please explain??

I did download a skin that was soposed to do this but I could never find the info easily?

Unfortunately, they are far from it. Sales value are, maybe, a bit more nearer the reality. After looking at a specific team, I see that a small percentage of players now have accurate sales figures but the vast majority doesn't.

Also, there are tons of -1 as "Sales Value".

1) if a player has -1 sale value it means he is in your team.

2) you cant see sale value in game..

ohhh MYYYYYY GOODDDDD!!

What a suprise...this just came out of no where?!

So is Eugene back posting here aswell?

HOLY ...... - I wanna say it but i can't as i will get banned. lol

So is Eugene back posting here aswell?

No...

.. ;(

The onliest bad thing is show potential rating option.For example Saivet has CA 114 and PA 196.When I click show potential rating it's calculate it with 188 CA ,not 196 :( It's so bad.And when on old version of the scout for example 2007 there are a lot of players with 20, now the best regen skills are 3 or 4 17 :( DAMN

The onliest bad thing is show potential rating option.For example Saivet has CA 114 and PA 196.When I click show potential rating it's calculate it with 188 CA ,not 196 :( It's so bad.

You have to realise that, if Genie doesn't show the full potential, i.e. CA = PA, it just means that it thinks that that player will never reach it's full potential. And this is not a bad thing, it's good.

Anyway, I don't know what the fuss is all about. What Genie is telling you is just an estimate. In the end the results will, most likely vary, for a number of reasons, like, e.g. type of training, injuries, games played on first team, etc.

1. Yes, you're right and I stand corrected but, I just found out, not only players which are on your current team. I happened to look at a team I had managed before and there, too, they have players with -1. That's why I thought it was occurring with other teams. It's not.

I also looked more carefully and, indeed, sales value in Genie now appears to be correct, except, as said above, with teams you managed before.

2. Yes, you can see sales value ingame, you just have to do a very simple mod, described here -> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=81934. On there you can find a skin, which includes this mod. But the mod is extremely simple and can be applied to any other skin.

The key is to edit file "person search list.xml", which is to be found on the "panels" folder and apply this line:

<flags id="Papr"/> <!-- Asking Price -->

For example:

<record id="trnf">

<string id="name" value="Transfer"/>

<record id="view">

<flags id="Pscr"/> <!-- recommended -->

<flags id="Pdta"/> <!-- date added to shortlist -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/> <!-- player status/info -->

<flags id="Pnam"/> <!-- person name -->

<flags id="Pctr"/> <!-- transfer status -->

<flags id="Pcls"/> <!-- loan status -->

<flags id="Pcon"/> <!-- player condition -->

<flags id="Pdva"/> <!-- value -->

<flags id="Papr"/> <!-- Asking Price -->

</record>

</record>

Then, to check this, you just go to "Players" screen, on any team, and select the appropriate view, in this case the "Transfer" one. Of course, you can apply that line to any other view and you can edit other views, to adjust them to your needs, adding columns, removing others you don't want, etc. Very helpful and makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Hiya, i've downloaded the new genie, but when I try to load my game get the error message 'unknown database version 1242' Anybody know how to fix this?

Have you completley deleted the old genie you had??

Make sure you do this.

I had the same problem.

If you load up the new genie and then load your save from menu in genie scout.

Worked for me.

2) You can, will need to find the link now... there's a panels thing which puts sale value into the shortlist. Have never had a bid rejected yet since using it, it's a godsend tbh. Search around the forums for it mate.

Agree totally with both these sentiments.

how do i get a shortlist to load up in genie - i have saved the shortlist in game and exported it to the shortlist folder but genie cant see it.

i also changed the file extension to .slf but it then said the file was corrupted. any ideas?

:o dont change the file extension!!!!!

Archived