Accurate Sale Value?

adamjohnparker

Hmm.

When i downloaded the file and extracted it, it did not create a folder just two separate .xml files.

I created a folder, didn't name it (just called new folder) placed the files into it and then placed the folder into my documents\sportsinteractive\football manager 2009.

Made the changes in preferences but i cannot see the prices. A 'prices' column was not generated.

What was the generated folder that you gentlemen ended up with called?

One more thing though...When the new patch is out - Will this still work?

Who knows? :) But people say that this works since FM2008. So, hopefully, it will keep on working with the new patch.

on another note, why do my own players have a price value?

Mine have too. I don't bother with it. Maybe it means the maximum value other teams are willing to pay? But I've a couple players with over 100M there, so not sure about that.

Cool! I can get it to work using the default FM09, but it doesn't work using the Steklo skin. Do you have to include the unzipped files in the panels folder of the Steklo skin too?

Probably the Steklo skin already contains new versions of these files? Check the "panels" folder there.

If, indeed, it does contains these files, you may need to be careful, otherwise you might end up removing some added functionality that the skin might have.

If this is the case, don't worry, this works by just adding a simple line:

<flags id="Papr"/>

to the appropriate xml files. So, you can add this capability to already existing xml files, even add it to other views, etc. Check the xml files I linked to above, search for "papr" and, hopefully, it will become very clear what you need to change.

For the people who are having trouble, I think you may be looking in the wrong place.

You can't look at the individual player to see their value, you must be looking at the entire team. So whatever player you want to know about, look at their team's "Player" page, Click on "Views" on the top right, and choose "Transfer". It shows all the players for the team, which isn't perfect, but it's easy enough.

For the people who are having trouble, I think you may be looking in the wrong place.

You can't look at the individual player to see their value, you must be looking at the entire team. So whatever player you want to know about, look at their team's "Player" page, Click on "Views" on the top right, and choose "Transfer". It shows all the players for the team, which isn't perfect, but it's easy enough.

Thank you:D.

This work great:thup:

Genius!!!!

Done that and the value I see is the regular player value you always see. The columns are: PKD, INF, NAME, TRANFER OPTIONS, TRANSFER STATUS, LOAN STATUS and VALUE

Done that and the value I see is the regular player value you always see. The columns are: PKD, INF, NAME, TRANFER OPTIONS, TRANSFER STATUS, LOAN STATUS and VALUE

You have to reload the skin. Go into preferences and untick "Use Skin Cache" and tick "Always Reload Skin On Confirm" then click confirm.

Is there a way of gettin this to work on the player profile ive tried endlessly with no luck it seems the id it flags Papr doesnt work on the profiles page.

Yeh player profile would be good what about getting in on the selection page? I personally would much rather it there than on the transfer page.

Done it now was fairly simple

No non have accurate sale values. The panels thing is much better just would be useful to get in in the player profile and how i've tried. I've moved it to selection screen and other but player profile it wont work.

The value also appears on your shortlist screen(s) - which seems the ideal place for me.

I'm often finding that when I bid the price listed by this mod it's still rejected. Either it's not wholly accurate, or more likely that's a reflection of the dynamic nature of the coding now.

I'm often finding that when I bid the price listed by this mod it's still rejected. Either it's not wholly accurate, or more likely that's a reflection of the dynamic nature of the coding now.

If the player is in a different league from yours, I find that it usually is 100% correct. But, if it's on the same league as yours, I believe there is another factor: club rivalry. This causes the prices to, sometimes, skyrocket. If this is the case, we should consider that the shown price value is accurate for clubs outside of current league. For me it's good enough.

Yeah, I've found that the price of the player I'm bidding for changes continuously. I understand that a player's valuation is now dynamic and therefore liable to change.

For example, say I look at the value this tool produces for Sean St Ledger, I notice it's £1m, and therefore I enter a bid of £1m in for him, I know that his club will typically reject my bid and then, when I re-check the valuation the tool produces, it will have inevitably increased to, say, £2.5m the following day/week/month.

This occurs when I'm Burnley. Is this tool only accurate when you buy players outside of your own league?

Cheers

not one bid exepted.

Its just as inaccurate as the rest, well for me anyway...

Try and offer slightly more that what this quotes, seems to work for me. Because if you notice, when you offer the price stated it goes up slightly so aim to offer this price.

But it seems t obe pretty accurate for me anyway.

i just wish someone would make their scouting tool have accurate sales values - it is really important if you manage a club with a small transfer budget to make sure you are bidding for players that are in your budget

You're still looking for a fixed value when the system is now dynamic. The AI just doesn't work the old way, the way you want it to. It might be frustrating, but it's far more realistic now.

Yeah, I've found that the price of the player I'm bidding for changes continuously. I understand that a player's valuation is now dynamic and therefore liable to change.

For example, say I look at the value this tool produces for Sean St Ledger, I notice it's £1m, and therefore I enter a bid of £1m in for him, I know that his club will typically reject my bid and then, when I re-check the valuation the tool produces, it will have inevitably increased to, say, £2.5m the following day/week/month.

This occurs when I'm Burnley. Is this tool only accurate when you buy players outside of your own league?

Cheers

I think theres a little bit to do with Burnley and Preston being local rivals.

Archived