Keeper Parry

Roughly 50% of my goals are being conceded by my keeper parrying shots into the path of oncoming strikers.

What kind of attributes should I look for in a replacement? I mean, specifically in terms of not pushing the ball into the six-yard box while remaining prone on the floor.

These are my current GK figures below. Although a good GK for my Championship team, perhaps his weight and general speed are his drawbacks when it comes to getting back up off the floor.

curtis.jpg

Where are the shots coming from that are getting parried?

In terms of the rebounds, maybe his low DET and WR are holding him back?

Anywhere and everywhere. Annoyingly, even a shot that is drifting wide he will attempt to save - only for it to drop to the opposition. I suppose my defence could do a lot more too, but they are not bad players either.

You think that is bad ????

With me De Gea had 2 own goals in 3 games and in the other game he prevented a ball from going out (would be a goal kick) and put it in the feet off a lone striker, another goal, but the funy thing is that even after all that the guy ends the games with a 7.0, i bet it's my tactic...LOL

I'm doing an LLM save right now so I know exactly what you mean. They routinely parry it right into the middle of the 6 yard box and then make no attempt to recover it. Or at least that's what the 2D view shows. I always find it funny because I picture them parrying it into a dangerous area then rolling around the ground in frustration instead of recovering the ball.

How are the shots being taken? Are they on a one on one situation and the keeper parrys the shot or is the shot through a crowded box for example?

If it's a one on one situation where the ball has been played in behind the defenders and the opponents attackers are then running onto the ball would a sweeper keeper help? Or even if he was to parry the ball further out in the box rather than on his goal line.

What's the defenders like around your keeper? Any with good pace and anticipation?

I'd look at why their attackers are able to Anticapte the parry but your defenders don't!! Compare their stats and try and work out why.

What ratio of goals do you concede from your keeper parrying the shot?

My favorite is when the shot is going wide and my intrepid keeper claws it back into the six-yard box.

I just had one where he saved it from going wide at the left hand side of the goal, crouching in that slightly sinister way they do, and parried it all the way back across the 6 yard area.

Hero.

Yeah, I've been quite disappointed with keeping on this game. Even if you are in a lower league, they are still professionals and paid to make stops at a high level. I know their handling might not be as good, they may come way too far out to try and punch and not make it, and they may not stop 1v1s or shots as well if they are a lower league keeper but they are still good enough that they shouldn't be making some of the ridiculous mistakes that happen to allow goals. I have had the same problem with batting a would be goal kick into the middle of the box for a tap in. I've had a lot of other dumb keeper mistakes with good keepers for the league I'm in. I almost never see an opposing keeper make any of the same mistakes even when he is not as good as my keeper. It's frustrating to routinely lose games because of frequent keeper errors and having to spend on a keeper every summer to try and rectify the situation.

I've seen this happen too often thought it was because I'm playing LLM and the crosses too.

Same goes for me! Didn't think this would happen so much in the better leagues..

Acts alot like icehockey! Shot and then players rush for the rebound...

I always felt like LLM goalies take a hit to their ability a bit too hard. When I was playing Essen in the 4th tier in Germany, my goalie was one of my best players (easily 3rd Div material) yet I still conceded multiple goals every season due to long floating crosses simply flying in as my goalie just didn't react until they basically were in the net and overal some horrible keeping due to super late reactions. Saw the same in the past few FMs. On the other hand LLM strikers have first touches and volleygoals that would make a van Persie in his prime jealous. Would be nice if SI could take another look at how low attributes are displayed as for some positions low attributes seem to make a lot less of a difference than for other positions.

Archived