The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

18519810cf21c3767011b686c03eca8e.jpgMexico-200x200.png

Season 2031/32

I stayed for another season with only one real aim, winning the CWC. Despite FM's best efforts, we did it. You should've seen the way I got knocked out of the cup and CL, laughable.

Anyway, I'm leaving to new pastures now, don't know exactly where yet. It's difficult to abandon such a machine of a squad. We won everything there is to win, established complete dominance in Germany and pushed back Bayern far down the table.

After getting the sack with Brazil, the next nation to hire me was Mexico. We're on course in WC qualifications so far.

Season     Team            League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup           Notes 

2015       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   5th           4th rnd                       -                  took over 13 games to go, 7th place
2016       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   1st           5th rnd                       -   
2017       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     6th           quarters                      -    
2018       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     7th           4th rnd                       -   
2019       Seoul           K League Classic     3rd           runners up                  WINNERS              joined after 19 games, 6th place       
2020       Seoul           K League Classic     1st           WINNERS                     WINNERS  
2020/21    Sundowns        South African PSL    3rd           KC semis, FA 1st rnd       in progress           joined after 13 games, 11th place 
2021/22    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC WINNERS, FA quarters     won ACC     
2022/23    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC semis, FA winners        WINNERS    
2023/24    Palermo         Serie A              4th           semis                         -                  joined after 11 games, 11th place  
2024/25    Napoli          Serie A              2nd           1st rnd                   EL 1st KO rnd      
2025/26    Napoli          Serie A              1st           quarters                  CL 1st KO rnd   
2026/27    Napoli          Serie A              1st           semis                     CL 1st KO rnd    
2027       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    1st           WINNERS                   Copa Sud. winners      joined after 15 games, 1st place     
2028       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    -             -                         Copa Lib. WINNERS      resigned after 15 games, 1st place 
2028/29    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           WINNERS                   CL quarters    
2029/30    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           semis                     CL quarters  
2030/31    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           2nd rnd                     WINNERS
2031/32    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           semis                     CL quarters            CWC WINNERS

Season     Nation            Competitions

2020       Nigeria        African Champions of Nations - quarterfinals
2021       Nigeria        African Nations Cup - quarterfinals
2021       Ivory Coast      -  
2022       Ivory Coast    African Champions of Nations - winners, World Cup - second round   
2023       Ivory Coast    African Nations Cup - 4th place  
2026       Cameroon       World Cup - group stage
2027       Cameroon       African Nations Cup - WINNERS
2030       Colombia       World Cup - group stage
2031       Brazil         Copa America - runners-up
2032       Mexico          -

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/10 domestic cups (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/5 club continental championships (Asia-Seoul, Africa-Sundowns, South America-Rosario Central, Europe-Borussia Dortmund)

1/1 club world championship (Borussia Dortmund)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jezzar's Ultimate Football Manager Adventure

2015/2016 Season Review

League Table | Squad | Profile

111px-GuizhouZhicheng.png

Guizhou Zhicheng - Chinese National First Division

Phew, that was close! Managed to stay up by gathering 13 points in our last 6 games. Fortunately, our rivals in staying up, Beijing IT, kept true to their horrible form and didn't make it much of a contest. Instead of playing with a counter-attacking, direct passing tactic as the board suggested, I decided to use my pretty offensive minded, possession based tactic that I was using when I was managing Fenerbahçe in one of my other saves. This decision worked out as we shut the shop for 4 games in a row and kept the ball close to a 60% clip.

Now that we are done with the season, I'm looking forward to the challenge of actually getting promoted.

Good News:

• Decent youth prospects in the new intake (Don't think I'll make much use of this)
  • Squad morale seems pretty good.
  • Already got some credit with the board by staying up.

Bad News:

• 3 of my most important players, Iban Cuadrado, Yves Ekpala and Rodrigo Paulista have no intentions of renewing their contracts. I'd be hard pressed to fill their positional voids when they end up leaving.
  • We are not in a good situation financially compared to the other teams in the league.
  • My possession based tactic might cause problems with the board in the long run, if we end up not getting the results.
  • We have 0 squad depth
  • Club staff is pretty bad.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Guizhou Zhicheng  13th   N/A    N/A    N/A    Took over in 15th with 6 games remaining.
2016/17   Guizhou Zhicheng

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues 
0/10 domestic cups 
0/5  club continental championships
0/1  club world championship

International
0/5  continental tournaments 
0/2  world tournaments

Corinthians-icon.png225px-%E6%84%9B%E7%88%BE%E8%98%AD%E5%9C%8B%E6%97%97.png125px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

Season review 2023

Corinthians, Republic of Ireland and Colombia

The qualifying campaign for the European Championships started disastrously, with back to back defeats to Ukraine and Portugal, conceding 10 goals in the process. Successes against Bulgaria and Kazakhstan followed, to steady the ship and give us a platform to build on. However, it will be building with a new man at the helm, as I have decided to take up the vacant post in charge of Colombia. Essentially, I came to the conclusion that my Ireland side were never going to be good enough to win the Euros, but with 2 years to get a side used to my tactics, I could conceivably challenge for the Copa America with Colombia in 2025. We shall see.

The World Cup qualifiers didn't start well, with an away defeat to Uruguay followed by a home draw to Peru. A good 3-0 win away to Paraguay gave me my first taste of victory as Colombia manager, but a disappointing 1-1 draw with Bolivia after having a man sent off just after half time. In all, not a bad start to qualification, but nothing earth shattering.

The big aim for the season was the Copa Libertadores. A group with Rosario Central, Deportivo Cali and Penarol. Five wins from six saw us top the group, and, strangely, face Rosario Central again in the last 16. They actually beat us at home in the group stage, so I was keen to avenge that, and we did. A 6-2 win away in the first leg, with Hugo Ragelli grabbing a hat-trick, set us on our way, and we finished the job off with a 1-1 draw at home to progress to the last 8. A stoppage time goal from Otavio grabbed us an undeserved 1-0 win away at Velez in the first leg, and we held out for a 1-1 draw at home to make the semi finals, where local rivals Palmeiras awaited. We lost the first leg 2-1, and to be honest, it could have been 5 or 6 quite easily. We came back home, and I set us out to attack from the off. 2-0 up by half time, we quickly added a third just after the hour, which killed the tie. And so onto the final it was, where we faced San Lorenzo. Funnily enough, I had attended an interview with them earlier on in the season, as I thought they looked better equipped to win the Copa than I did. A tetchy 0-0 draw at home, where we somehow hit the woodwork three times without scoring, led me to think that we'd blown it. However, a Felipe Gedoz goal put us 1-0 up after half an hour. He wasn't originally going to be playing, but he'd hit form playing in the league and I took the gamble. Hugo Ragelli scored 8 minutes later, breaking a goal drought of over ten hours, to double our lead, and that was that. We held out quite comfortably, and were continental champions!

Domestically, I knew that this season was all about the Copa Libertadores. I was happy to sacrifice the league and keep my team fresh, and I ended up doing just that. My squad players got us through to the semi finals of the Sao Paolo State Championships before finally bowing out. In the league it was much the same, and I have no complaints with how the season went. Ultimately, the aim was to see if we could win the Copa, and we did, so sacrificing the league was worth it. In the end we finished 8th. We got as far as the semi finals in the Brazilian Cup as well, but ended up crashing out 2-1 on aggregate to Flamengo. We were truly shocking in the second leg at home, so I can have no complaints.

I applied for the Lazio job during the season, just to see what sort of club I could get an interview for now. They actually offered me the job, but I turned them down as I was still in the Copa Libertadores at that point. My reputation has now rocketed up to 75%, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a good job in one of the big five leagues now. Fingers crossed anyway. I'm definitely leaving Corinthians now that the season is over. I'm ideally looking for a job back in Europe, but I wouldn't turn down a decent job in South Africa either.

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2015/16      Dungannon     10th          Won Northern Irish FA Cup and kept Dungannon up after taking over with 3 games to go
2016/17      Dungannon     8th            A solid but unspectacular season
2017/18      Yiteng            8th            A settling season in China
2019           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and FA Cup, as well as claiming MOTY.
2020           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and Asian Champions League
2020/21      Aberdeen       9th            Won Scottish League Cup
2021/22      Monterrey      5th/5th      Won Opening Stage, knocked out in semis of closing stage. Won NACL.
2021/22      Salzburg        1st             Won league and cup double
2022           Corinthians    1st             Won league
2023           Corinthians    8th                 Won Copa Libertadores

Season        Team              Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Congo              Resigned without playing a game
2016/17      Cameroon        One win away from WC qualification
2017/18      Cameroon        2nd round of 2018 World Cup
2019           Cameroon        African Cup of Nations winner!
2021           Poland             An abject failure!
2022           Ireland            4 wins, 2 draws and promotion to European International League Division B
2023           Ireland            2 wins, 2 defeats from 4 qualifiers before taking Colombia job

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues - China (Jiangsu), Mexico (Monterrey), Austria (Salzburg), Brazil (Corinthians)

4/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Jiangsu), Scotland (Aberdeen), Austria (Salzburg)

3/5 club continental championships - ACL (Jiangsu), NACL (Monterrey), Copa Libertadores (Corinthians)

0/1 club world championship

International

1/5 continental tournaments - ACON Cameroon 2019

0/2 world tournaments

1300378_zps7rmvwwwe.png1570_zps2qbhwhjg.png

2025/26 Season

I carried on with Wolves for another season and ended up finishing 9th. Didn't progress too well in either cup thanks to being drawn against Liverpool and Arsenal fairly early on. I managed to complete all the coaching courses etc and boosted my reputation somewhat, so I decided to start applying for jobs elsewhere. Unfortunately no one I applied for were willing to pay the compensation. Therefore, 10 games into the following season, sitting 8th in the Prem, I decided to leave and apply for the job at Inter Turku in Finland.

2027 Season

I got the job at Inter Turku. They already had a good squad for that league and huge amounts of transfer and wage budgets left so things looked promising from the off. After quite a number of additions and quite a few good loan signings from England, we won everything. Won the league by 18 points and won both cups with relative ease. The only disappointment was falling at the final qualifying stage for the Euro Cup. After the season finished I resigned.

2027/28-2028/29 Seasons

I wasn't out of work for long before moving to Rangers. They were sat 6th in the Scottish Prem with 10 games left, after a decent end to the season we ended up 4th in the league. With only a couple of million transfer budget at the end of the season, I scouted around for some decent loan signings and free transfers, as well as securing my better players on new contracts. One signing in particular got off to a flyer and never stopped, a young striker from Arsenal who scored on his debut before hitting 4 in his second game. He went on to bag 42 goals in all competitions in a season which saw us win the league by 13 points, ahead of Aberdeen in second. We won the league cup but lost to a 120th minute Hibernian goal in the final of the Scottish Cup. In the Euro Cup we lost in the 1st knockout round to eventual runners up Shakhtar on away goals, after finishing second behind Man City in the group.

The plan is now to leave Rangers and hopefully move to a different continent and have a go at winning one of the Champions League competitions. Not found another international management job that interests me yet but still on the lookout.

Leagues        Cups
Season  Club            NAT  Division   1st      2nd    1st  2nd       Notes and Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16 Aberystwyth     WAL  Premier     8th             SF   SF       Took over after 14 games in 10th. Won 10 of 18. Resigned.
2016/17 FC Cape Town    RSA  First      13th             2R            Took over after 16 games in 15th. Finished 13th.
2017/18 FC Cape Town    RSA  First       4th             1R            Missed out on playoffs on goals scored.
2018/19 FC Cape Town    RSA  First       1st             1R            Promotion.
2019/20 FC Cape Town    RSA  Premier     9th             QF   1R       Left at end of contract.
2020/21 No Job
2022    Johor DT        MAS  Super       2nd             W    W        3 points off top.
2023    Johor DT        MAS  Super       1st             QF   SF       Charity Shield Winners. Asian Conf Cup QF.
2024/25 Wolves          ENG  Premier     14th            5R   3R
2025/26 Wolves          ENG  Premier      9th            4R   3R 
2026/27 Wolves          ENG  Premier                                   Left after about 10 games in 8th.
2027    Inter           FIN  Premier      1st            W    W        Won League by 18 points.
2027/28 Rangers         SCO  Premier      4th                          Took over with 10 games left.
2028/29 Rangers         SCO  Premier      1st            W    RU

Year   Nation       Tournament         Result      Notes and Achievements
2020   Senegal      CHAN               3rd
2021   Senegal      ACON               4th         Qualified for World Cup
2022   Senegal      CHAN               QF
2022   Senegal      World Cup          2R          Knocked out AET
2023   Senegal      ACON               W

Valenciacf_zpsxfkai3xi.png

Valencia CF 2052

I must admit its going to be quite hard to hit the resign button after the journey that has been at The Nuevo Mestalla , the revamp of the perennial , mostly through the clubs academy along with a couple pinched from the big guns at bargain bucket prices to the top of Europe . Rafa Benítez who is now 92 passed on his congratulations moments after the Final whistle blew in Berlin. Spanish International striker Andres Galindo played the last three minutes to sign off a terrific career scoring 310 league goals in 522 appearances for Valencia before retirement .

The Champions League group stages started quite similiar to the one previous as once again Tottenham Hotspur and FCP joined Valencia in the group stages along with Rapid Wien . Valencia topped the group ahead of FCP and were drawn against PSG in the first knockout round . A convincing 3-0 home win along with a 1-1 in Paris saw us through to play Man City who had knocked out FCP. In a quite tight tie 2 slender victories 1-0 and 2-1 saw us through . Lyon who won the Title 2 seasons back were next up though with an injury plagued side were not able to keep Valencia at bay . It was then to Berlin to face my nemesis from all through the save , the team who knocked me out about 6 times in european ties .. Sporting Lisbon who had beaten Juventus on away goals to reach the final . Sporting dominated the first half creating the majority of chances but fell behind to a long range effort from Defensive Midfielder Cano . More substained pressure from the Portuguese in the second half but Valencia held firm. The second came on 78 mins when spanish international striker Manzano teed up Perez to rifle home

In the Copa Del Rey , Lugo , Celta Vigo , Atletico and Deportivo were dispatched to setup a final with Barcelona . Two goals from Andres Galindo proved key as 10 man Valencia made amends for their final defeat the previous seaoson.

Real Madrid held top spot in the league for most of the season but a draw away at Barcelona 4 games from the end allowed Valencia to take over at the top and victory was sealed on the final day against bottom side Eibar.

Valencia players were rewarded for their dominant season with a large selection in the Spanish Pre Euro 52 Squad

Season Review

Season     Team             Country     Position    Notes          
2015    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden        12th      
2016    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden         4th   
2017    Sandnes Ulf         Norway          --
2018    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         2nd      Promoted
2019    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         8th
2020    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2021    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2022    MK Dons             England       16th
2023    MK Dons             England        8th
2024    Ipswich Town        England        1st      Promoted
2025    Ipswich Town        England        6th
2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2027    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2028    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    Atlético Madrid     Spain          3rd
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2034    Toronto FC          USA             --
2035    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2036    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2037    Santos Laguna       Mexico          X
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2039    Internazionale      Italy          1st      Serie A Winners
2040    Wolfsburg           Germany        2nd
2041    Wolfsburg           Germany        1st      Bundesliga Winners
2042    Lille OSC           France         2nd      Coupe de la Ligue Winners
2043    Lille OSC           France         1st      Ligue 1 and Coupe de France Winners
2044    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners
2045    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners , CFA Cup and AFC Champions League Winners
2046    Dnipro              Ukraine        1st      Premier League and DATAGROUP Cup Winners
2047    Dnipro              Ukraine         --
2048    Valencia            Spain          8th
2049    Valencia            Spain          6th
2050    Valencia            Spain          2nd
2051    Valencia            Spain          1st      La Liga Winners
2052    Valencia            Spain          1st      La Liga  , Copa Del Rey and UEFA Champions League Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China , Ukraine , Spain

8/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France , China , Ukraine , Spain

4/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038 , Shandong Luneng 2045 , Valencia 2052

1/1 club world championship - Tottenham 2033

International - COMPLETE

5/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044 - GOLD USA 2049

2/2 world tournaments - WC Uruguay 2030 , England 2042 - CONFED Uruguay 2033

Congratulations Kaiser! So, is the plan to grab a cup somewhere and then head to South Africa?

I've left Corinthians, and am now looking for a new job. Its January, and there isn't exactly a plethora of decent opportunities available. Now my reputation is up to 75%, and with three continental titles under my belt, I feel like I can afford to be a little more particular about my choice of club, even if that means having to wait a while for a new role. The Euros are coming up in the summer (I've just entered 2024), so a few decent jobs might come up after that.

220px-Stockport_County_Logo_2014.png

Stockport County

2017/18

Vanarama National League North

After leaving DPMM, I wanted to find the right club that would help me improve my reputation after an awful spell in Asia. I applied for the Stockport job just after they were relegated from the National League (I hate to call it so, Conference/BSP was better). Soon after I arrived, I saw around 10 players wanting to leave and set about getting rid of them one by one. More players who were not good enough were released. By the end of the August transfer window, I ended up selling/releasing over 25 players and bringing in around 22 of them, mostly on free transfers, although some came in on loan. All were under the age of 23 as the board wanted me to sign young players.

Preseason was a bit of a disaster. We lost the matches we were expected to lose but failed to beat the likes of Hyde and Darlington 1883 in friendlies. This should have been enough to tell me what was going to happen but I still stayed on. Around October, we were 8th but soon collapsed. I won't go too much into the details but we went a long way off from where we were expected to finish (playoffs). The board twice called me in to explain poor performances but I got away with it twice.

Then they set me a points target while we were on a 4 game losing streak. The job was to get 6 points from the next 5 games. I survived again by getting 8. We went out of the FA Cup with a 4-1 loss to Crawley (League 2) in the first round and at the same stage in the FA Trophy by losing a replay at home to Chorley (bottom of VNN). The board soon called me after a match for a third time after we drew against Alfreton and this time I decided that was enough. I told them I was resigning and was met by the same response I got in my final meeting at DPMM.

I'm out of a job again but at least I have managed to get a coaching qualification at each club I am in (National A now).

CLUB CAREER:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season   |  Team            | League                  |  Country    |   League Position    |         Notes                                 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|   2015   |  Florø SK        | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         10th         |  Somehow survived                             |
|   2016   |  Florø SK        | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         6th          |  Finished mid-table                           |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|   2017   |  DPMM Brunei     |        S-League         |  Singapore  |         N/A          |   Resigned after 9 games                      |
| 2017/18  | Stockport County | National League North   | England     |         N/A          |   Resigned with team in 18th place in March   |

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

I really hope I can finish this challenge by 2025 (irl). :D

Houston Dynamo End Of Season 28/29

273px-Houston_Dynamo_logo.svg.png

Competitions

After I'd resigned at Kaizer Chiefs, I questioned whether I'd made the right choice or not, then Houston sort of just fell into my lap - the club were already in the QF of the NACL, so I applied and got the gig.

The MLS Transfer/Roster system is mental, I still don't fully understand it despite googling it, reading it on Wikipedia and the official MLS website, but I pretty much went with the flow and had a good season.

In the QF of the NACL, I beat fellow MLS side DC United 5-1 on aggregate, setting up a SF encounter with America (Mex)

We went away and suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat and I was optimistic with an away goal and a home tie to follow.....but they hammered us 4-1 and we lost 5-2 on aggregate.

The US Cup, we reached the SF, but got beat by Real Salt Lake - so no trophy there!!

The league campaign went really well - as you can see in the competitions graph, we were top for the vast majority of the season, but had a wobble at the worst possible time - being honest, I got complacent because I was convinced we would win it, but we managed to finish top of the Western Conference (which doesn't count) and lost in the Play Off Final to San Jose anyway.

The MLS Supporters shield - which does count towards the challenge - saw us finish 2nd, again after being top for so long.

The Board Loved me!! in fact, The Whole MLS Loved Me!!

The MLS All Stars match - we got beat by Southampton, by the way!!

So at the end of the season, I Googled the MLS Transfer/Draft/Roster thing again.......and thought "I can't be doing with this"!!

The Tigres job in Mexico was up for grabs and they had just finished the Opening stage of their season (finishing 3rd) and were in the QF of the NACL (Groundhog day!!) so I threw my hat into the ring, they considered it "an honour" to be linked with me.......so I'm off to Mexico!!

with half of my backroom staff!!

I've also dipped back into International management, taking over at Australia - they were top of the World Cup qualifying group with two games to go, which we won both of, thus qualifying for the World Cup.

Tigres end of season and Australia WC report in my next update

Season	Team		Country       	Pos	Notes          
15/16	Linfield	N. Ireland	6th	Took over in December, sacked before the end of the season
16/17	Cliftonville    N. Ireland	3rd	Took over in January, Euro Qualification
17/18	Cliftonville    N. Ireland	4th	League Cup Winners
18/19	Cliftonville   	N. Ireland	1st	Champions, Manager Of The Year
19/20	Shanggang	China		1st	Champions, Cup Winners, Manager Of The Year     
20/21	Shanggang	China		N/A	Resigned after being knocked out of Champs League
20/21	Jeonbuk		S. Korea	4th	Cup Winners, Knocked Out 2nd Round Champs League
21/22	Jeonbuk		S. Korea	N/A	Sacked4th in league, QF of Champs League, SF of FA Cup
22/23	Pohang		S. Korea	6th	Cup Winners, knocked out in SF of Asian Champs League
23/24	Pohang		S. Korea	N/A	Sacked after first match of the new season!!
24/25	Seoul		S. Korea	3rd	Took over with 14 games played, qualified for Champs League
25/26	Seoul		S. Korea	N/A	Sacked - Team finished 2nd & won FA Cup
26/27	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa	1st	Champions
27/28	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa	1st	Champions, KO Cup Winner, S/F Champs League - Resigned
28/29	Houston		USA		2nd	1st in West Conference, Lost in MLS Shield  Final, SF of NACL
29/30	Tigres		Mexico		

International
2026	Camaroon	Africa		Resigned after 2 matches
2026	Morocco		Africa		Eliminated in Group Stage at World Cup, qualified for ACON
2027	Morocco		Africa		ACON Winners - resigned straight after
2029	Australia	Asia		Qualified for World Cup
2030	Australia	Asia

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues (N. Ireland, China, S. Africa)

4/10 domestic cups (N. Ireland, China, S. Korea, S. Africa)

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

1/5 continental tournaments (ACON - Morocco 2027)

0/2 world tournaments ()

Pug's Update Season 2034/35

Well Didn't Last Long At Hearts, So Much In Debt I Had To Put The Whole Squad for Sale. So I Noticed A Opening At A Mexican Side And Took The Job.

Just Till I Loaded More Leagues Up.

xvAqW5W.png

So Now I'm Back In Charge Of A Old Team Of Mine. The Season Started A Bit Up And Down, Till I Went On A Run Of 19 Games With Out Defeat.

To Win The Closing Stage, Also Won The North American Champions League. With A 6-3 Win Over Toronto Of Canada And A CWC Win Over

Etoile Du Sahel Of Tunisia.

ZuDp42g.png?1

zU6xko0.png

So It Was On To The Asian Nations Cup For The Second Time. Up First In Group D Was Australia And A 0-0. Next Was Vietnam And A 6-0 Trashing,

Next And Last Turkmenistan And A Good 4-0 Win To Top The Group. The Second Round We Were Drawn Against India And A 5-0 Win. Uzbekistan next

In The Quarters And A 5-0 Win. The Semis Was Against The Favourites South Korea But A 3-0 Win Put Us In To The Final. Saudi Arabia Was Next And

A Tight 2-0 Win And My Last International Trophy.

vo2rFUe.png?1

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2024/25    Real Madrid         Won                 Won           Won                      
2025/26    Real Madrid         Won            Won  Won     Won   Won                   
2026/27    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs                                   Won                         Won African Champions League
2027/28    Milan                              Won
2028/29    Milan               Won            Won                                      
2029       Santos                             Won
2030       Santos              Won            Won
2031       Santos              Won                                                     Got Sacked
2030/31    Rangers                            Won
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2031/32    Santos                                          Won                         Won S American Champions League
2031/32    Ulsan               Won                         Won                         Won Asian Champions League                               
2032/33    Ulsan               Won            Won          Won
2033/34    Hearts                                 Won
2034/35    Hearts                                                                      Resigned
2034/35    Monterrey           Won Won                     Won  Won                                                                                      
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain                       Won                                                             Won Confed Cup
2025      Brazil
2026      Brazil         Won
2027      Brazil                                                                        Won           Won Copa America
2027      South Africa
2028      South Africa                                                                                Won C.H.A.N
2029      South Africa                                               Won                              Won A.C.O.N
2029      USA                                                                 Won                     Won Gold Cup
2030      Iran           Won
2031      Iran                                                                                        Sacked
2033      Iran                                                                                        Back In Charge
2034      Iran                                                                                        2nd In World Cup
2035      Iran                                               Won                                      Won Asian Cup

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
9/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-S/Korea-Mexico)
9/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-Scotland-S/Korea)
5/5  Continental Cups    (Europe-North American-S/Africa-S/America-Asian)
1/1  Club World Cup      (Newcastle-England)

International
-------------
5/5  Continental Tournaments (Euro's-Spain/Copa America-Brazil/ACON-S/Africa/Gold Cup-USA/Asian Cup-Iran)
2/2  World Tournaments       (World Cup-Spain/Confed-Spain)

Linfield.png

2015/16 Season Review

I took over at Linfield in the middle of December 2015 with the team 5th in the Danske Bank Premiership. Linfield had a media prediction of 1st, were in a decent enough financial position and seemed to have a pretty well rounded squad. However the team only had 1 win in their last 9 games and had lost 5 on the bounce. It took me a few games to get used to the players and develop a tactic, but ended up winning 7 and drawing 3 of my last 10 games which led us to a 3rd place finish in the league.

This meant that we entered the European Places Playoff at the Semi Final stage. Our semi final was the Belfast Big Two derby against Glentoran, which we won reasonably comfortably 3-1. Therefore we would be playing European football next season if we won our next game against Crusaders who had finished just below us in the league. We had lots of possession, but didn't create many chances and won 1-0 thanks to an own goal. This means we enter the Europa League 1st knockout round next season.

Player wise, Stephen Lowry impressed in central midfield and came third in player of the season for the division. Andrew Waterworth also played well, swapping between the striker and attacking midfield position in my 4-4-1-1 and ended the season with 15 league goals (one behind the overall golden boot winner). I don't think many signings will be needed to challenge for the title, although my first choice keeper has decided that he needs a 'bigger challenge' so I have offered him out to clubs at over double his value and started scouting for other keepers.

On a personal level, I have been granted a one year extension to my contract which I was happy to accept. Also I have nearly finished my studies for National C Licence. My plans for next season are to 1) Solve the 'keeper situation 2) Challenge for both the league and the cup 3) Potentially invest in a new striker.

Season     Team                         Country         Pos        Notes and Achievements

2015/16    Linfield            N.Ireland    3rd    Won European Places Playoff

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

Mamelodi_Sundowns_zpsvxupcyby.png

Mamelodi Sundowns 2053

Fairly safe to say this was won by circumstance rather than my management . After a year since leaving Valencia to look for a role in South Africa nothing had come available until The South African FA decide to remove Keegan Dolly who had led the national team for 8 years in his second period in charge . It looked a strange decision given he had won the ACON the previous year but results had not been great since . They turned to the Memelodi Sundowns Manager thus creating the opening and i found myself in the CAF Champions League Semi-Finals in one of my first games in charge. A scrappy two legged win over current champions Orlando Pirates saw us into the final to meet ES Tunis who had knocked out the other South Africian qualifer Kaiser Chiefs in the semi . The first leg didnt go to plan in Tunisia and ES Tunis deserveably held a 2-1 lead going into the second leg but an early goal settled the nerves. Ahead on away goals but it wasnt until a header from the captain on 75 mins gave the breathing space and Mamelodi Sundowns were crowned CAF Champions League Winners

CAF 2nd Leg

EDIT - Didn't realise the Knockout Cup was played out in what seems to be six weeks in the early part of the season , though it would roll over like most others so further update to the 2053 season. Following a convincing win over Kaiser Chiefs who by their standards have had a dreadful start of the season in the Quarter Finals. We were drawn against Bloemfontein Celtic , a topsy tuvy game - our league fixture was drawn earlier in the seaosn , finished 2-2 and extra time was required. Sundowns went in front on 99 mins and held on to secure a final place . Free State Stars were surprise finalists and easily dispatched to allow Sundowns collect their 2nd KO Cup in a row .

A 7-0 win over Aukland City saw Sundowns drawn against old side São Paulo , i never stood a chance and was hammered into the ground as expected . Monterray had been beaten by FC Bayern in the other semi though proved to be too strong for the South Africian side and we left empty handed .

Previous 2053 Review

Updated 2053 Review

2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2043    Lille OSC           France         1st      Ligue 1 and Coupe de France Winners
2045    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners , CFA Cup and AFC Champions League Winners
2046    Dnipro              Ukraine        1st      Premier League and DATAGROUP Cup Winners
2052    Valencia            Spain          1st      La Liga  , Copa Del Rey and UEFA Champions League Winners
2053    Sundowns            South Africa    --      CAF Champions League Winners , KO Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China , Ukraine , Spain

9/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France , China , Ukraine , Spain , South Africa

5/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038 , Shandong Luneng 2045 , Valencia 2052 , Mamelodi Sundowns 2053

International - COMPLETE

5/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044 - GOLD USA 2049

I'm lagging by about 3 years with my updates, so I will try to speed up a bit.

morecambe298-35040.png

Morecambe

2017/18

Vanarama National League

Just 4 days after I left Stockport, I was back in the hot seat, this time with Morecambe who were in 2nd place in the VNL. We were 3 points or so behind leaders Cheltenham and led a pack of teams going for the play-off spots. This was in early March and there was no real chance of bringing in new players to strengthen the squad or something.

I lost my first game (3-1 at Eastleigh) and then drew the next 3 in a row which made me fear that we weren't even going to qualify for the playoffs. However, 2 wins and a draw from our next 3 games took us within 4 points of Cheltenham who had got into a rough patch of form. A draw at home to 19th placed Whitehawk was a bitter blow although Cheltenham lost, meaning we could still overtake them on GD as long as results went in our favour on the final day. We beat Altrincham 3-2 but they recovered from conceding an early goal to Dover and drew theirs. 1st bitter blow. :(

Now came the playoffs. Halifax were up against us in the semis and we easily beat them 3-0 on aggregate before travelling to Wembley to take on Stevenage. We completely failed to show up on the day and were probably lucky to only lose 1-0. 2nd bitter blow. :(

CLUB CAREER:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season   |  Team            | League                  |  Country    |   League Position    |         Notes                                 |
|   2015   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         10th         |  Somehow survived                             |
|   2016   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         6th          |  Finished mid-table                           |
|   2017   | DPMM Brunei      |        S-League         |  Singapore  |         N/A          |   Resigned after 9 games                      |
| 2017/18  | Stockport County | National League North   | England     |         N/A          |   Resigned with team in 18th place in March   |
| 2017/18  | Morecambe        |    National League      | England     |         2nd          |   Lost play-off final                         |

morecambe298-35040.png

Morecambe

2018/19

Vanarama National League

This season had to be good for the club as we were around £800k in the red. I released quite a few players at the end of last season and that coupled with a good wage budget provided by the board sort of helped out as well. I was also able to get in quite a few loan players and all of them really helped us over the course of the season. Preseason saw a number of home games against big teams in an attempt to raise some money. We lost 4-1 to Leeds but held Liverpool, Doncaster, Tottenham and Fleetwood to draws while also getting a creditable win against Dundee United.

The season started well for us and we more or less stayed in the playoff zone throughout the season, occasionally going up to first place as well. We got to the First Round of the FA Cup where we lost 3-2 away to Leyton Orient (L1) but blew a lead to lose at home to Macclesfield in the first round of the FA Trophy. The promotion race went right down to wire as Morecambe, Macclesfield and Wrexham put some distance to the chasing pack. We built up a 4 point lead with two games to go. We nearly lost to York but a late penalty saw us earn a point and in the last game, we held out against Chester to finish a point ahead of Macclesfield and two ahead of Wrexham. The Welsh team went on to win the playoffs.

Paul Mullin was our top scorer, getting 30 league goals while Elliot List (on loan from Gillingham) scored 15 in the league from the right wing in my tactic which was something between a 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3 as the right midfielder was pushed forward to become a right winger. I also got job interviews at Scunthorpe (L2) and Bury (also L2) but both rejected me in favour of someone else. At least I am getting noticed. :D

CLUB CAREER:
|   2015   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  | Norway      |         10th         |  Somehow survived                             |
|   2016   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  | Norway      |         6th          |  Finished mid-table                           |
|   2017   | DPMM Brunei      |        S-League         | Singapore   |         N/A          |   Resigned after 9 games                      |
| 2017/18  | Morecambe        |    National League      | England     |         2nd          |  Lost play-off final                          |
| 2018/19  | Morecambe        |    National League      | England     |         1st          |  Won the title and got promoted               |

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

A quick mid-season update.

Beat ES Tunis 3-0 in the semi final of Club World Cup, and then Corinthians 5-0 in the final.

Club

------------------------------------------

5/10 top domestic leagues (Scotland with Rangers 2020/21, Belgium with Club Brugge 2023/24, Brazil with Internacional 2026, Italy with AC Milan 2030/31, Spain with Real Madrid 2032/33)

3/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup with Rangers 2020/21, Italian Cup with Lazio 2025/26, and AC Milan 2030/31, Copa del Rey with Real Madrid 2032/33)

2/5 club continental championships (Copa Libertadores with Internacional 2027, UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid 2032/33)

1/1 club world championship (2033 with Real Madrid) COMPLETED!

International

-------------------------------------------

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa with Ghana 2023, Euro with France 2032)

1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup with France 2033)

Still not got a lot of time for a proper update but third season at Thanda Royal Zulu and I've managed to beat Kaizer Chiefs to the title, we were 7 points behind with about 6 games to go but then they lost 2 on the trot and we beat them away from home to go top and ended up winning the league by 3 points. So in 3 seasons I won the 2nd division, finished fifth in the top division and won the top division. I've also claimed the SA FA Cup and the SA Super Eight Cup.

I'm still in the African Confederations Cup but as that is not worth anything towards the challenge I think I'm going to resign now and move on. So my stats would look something like:

Club

------------------------------------------

1/10 top domestic leagues (SA Premier Division Thanda Royal Zulu 2016/17)

1/10 domestic cups (Thanda Royal Zulu SA FA Cup 2015/16)

International

-------------------------------------------

0/2 world tournaments

279775d1350933279-atl%C3%A9tico-madrid-time-take-over-badge.pngMexico-200x200.png

Season 2032/33

So my next club turned out to be Atletico Madrid. There's a lot of work to be done here, they have an average squad and very little money, compared to El Clasico, at least.

We finished third in the first season, but we were topping the table for the bigger part of the season, so it's kind of disappointing. We also lost in the cup final, to add insult to injury. The fact remains, though, that a lot of work needs to be done with this squad to take over from the big boys.

Great news on international front, though. Mexico won the Confederations Cup! We had some luck on the way, but that's a given when you win something internationally.

Season     Team            League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup           Notes 

2015       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   5th           4th rnd                       -                  took over 13 games to go, 7th place
2016       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   1st           5th rnd                       -   
2017       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     6th           quarters                      -    
2018       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     7th           4th rnd                       -   
2019       Seoul           K League Classic     3rd           runners up                  WINNERS              joined after 19 games, 6th place       
2020       Seoul           K League Classic     1st           WINNERS                     WINNERS  
2020/21    Sundowns        South African PSL    3rd           KC semis, FA 1st rnd       in progress           joined after 13 games, 11th place 
2021/22    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC WINNERS, FA quarters     won ACC     
2022/23    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC semis, FA winners        WINNERS    
2023/24    Palermo         Serie A              4th           semis                         -                  joined after 11 games, 11th place  
2024/25    Napoli          Serie A              2nd           1st rnd                   EL 1st KO rnd      
2025/26    Napoli          Serie A              1st           quarters                  CL 1st KO rnd   
2026/27    Napoli          Serie A              1st           semis                     CL 1st KO rnd    
2027       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    1st           WINNERS                   Copa Sud. winners      joined after 15 games, 1st place     
2028       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    -             -                         Copa Lib. WINNERS      resigned after 15 games, 1st place 
2028/29    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           WINNERS                   CL quarters    
2029/30    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           semis                     CL quarters  
2030/31    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           2nd rnd                     WINNERS
2031/32    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           semis                     CL quarters            CWC WINNERS
2032/33    Atletico M.     La Liga              3rd           runners-up                EL 1st KO rnd            

2022       Ivory Coast    African Champions of Nations - winners, World Cup - second round   
2033       Mexico         Confederations Cup - WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/10 domestic cups (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/5 club continental championships (Asia-Seoul, Africa-Sundowns, South America-Rosario Central, Europe-Borussia Dortmund)

International

1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup-Mexico)

FC-Haka.png

Haka - 2015 - Finland Division 1

So I have decided to give this wonderful challenge another go. I am going to try and make it a little bit more difficult for myself though for some reason. The aim is to win titles and trophies with teams that were once great but are now classed as sleeping giants. Teams such as Leeds for example or Penerol in Uruguay, they may still be winning National Titles but not the continental glory they once had.

To start I have taken over Haka in Finland, once the best team in the country now when I take them over they are languishing in 9th in the First Division 2 points away from safety. I took over with 7 games to go. I thought we had enough to keep us up but we will need to get off to a good start.

In the end we played 7 games I won 4 of them and lost 2 with 1 draw. This was enough to move up to 8th and secure our status for another year. Next year I will try to add to the squad and maybe keep a few players here whose contract are running down, I fully intend on making a move for promotion out of this league.

Season Review

Season     Team         Country     Position       Notes          
2015       Haka         Finland        8th         Took over with 7 to go

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues -

0/10 domestic cups -

0/5 club continental championships -

0/1 club world championship -

International -

0/5 continental tournaments -

0/2 world tournaments -

FC-Haka.png

Haka - 2016 - Finland Division 1

I was busy in the summer as I brought in 6 players, all of which immediately came into the 1st team and made our squad much better. I was fairly optimistic going into the new season.

First thing was the cup games, I managed to get through 2 rounds against a couple of lower league sides. I then dispatched a team who would eventually be promoted from my league this year. I was beaten in the next round by a side who were top of the Premier League, they didnt stay there. I was fairly pleased with the cup run although it was a little bit gutting to go out in extra time.

In the league we started off like a train and soon reached the top of the league. We managed to stay there for most of the season, although we did manage to have a short wobble mid way through the year which got me a little worried. I neednt had bothered as we managed to get back into form and it was a 2-2 draw with Honka with two games to go which virtually sealed the title for us. We beat a poor team in the last game of the year to secure a title and promotion.

Before next season I will need to get a little better as a few of the lads are looking to leave, I will definatley have to bring in more quality to compete at a higher level.

Season Review

2016       Haka         Finland        1st         Promoted

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups -

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

FC-Haka.png

Haka - 2017 - Finland Premier Division

Again in the pre season I was busy I brought in 10 new players. Some of the boys that came in may be more for the future but they are still good signings, a few however did come in get a first team spot straight away.

This time we began with the League Cup which from what I can see is a competition where all the Premier League teams face each other. In our group we faced some of the better teams and came runners up to HJK who were the best team in the league over the past few years. I was pleased with this.

We began the season in fantastic form and we pushed on towards the top of the tree. I thought that this was all to easy for us. Unfortunately we hit a bit of a wall in the middle of the season as we struggled with some of the bigger teams after we suffered injuries and suspensions. We again managed to recover a little bit and finished the season in a more than respectable 3rd spot.

In the cup we were awesome we beat some of the best teams in the country to take a surprise cup win. I was amazed we did this but very pleased. The first tick on a long list of achievements hopefully for me.

Now for next season I aim to stay in Finland until we win the league here. I think it will be with this team although I do feel like I have returned this great team to its former glorys. I am growing quite fond of some of these little Finnish legends.

Season Review

2017       Haka         Finland        3rd         Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups - (2017 - Haka -FIN)

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Pug's Update Season 2035/36

AeHMHBx.png

So After Leaving Mexico I Move To Willem II In Holland. We Were Sitting In 9th After 10 Games, A Few Points Above Relegation. After Getting A Few

Players On Loan From Some Of My Other Teams. We Managed To Claw Our Self's Up To Second In the League, 12 Points Behind Ajax. In The Cup

We Made It To The Final, Beating Feyenoord 3-2 To Lift The Cup.

k3CZEVC.png?1

vhqvdoZ.png

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs                                   Won                         Won African Champions League
2031       Santos              Won                                                     Got Sacked
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2031/32    Santos                                          Won                         Won S American Champions League
2031/32    Ulsan               Won                         Won                         Won Asian Champions League                               
2033/34    Hearts                                  Won
2034/35    Hearts                                                                      Resigned
2035/36    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2035/36    Willem II                          Won                                      
2036/37    Willem II

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain                       Won                                                             Won Confed Cup
2025      Brazil
2027      Brazil                                                                        Won           Won Copa America
2027      South Africa
2028      South Africa                                                                                Won C.H.A.N
2029      South Africa                                               Won                              Won A.C.O.N
2029      USA                                                                 Won                     Won Gold Cup
2031      Iran                                                                                        Sacked
2033      Iran                                                                                        Back In Charge
2034      Iran                                                                                        2nd In World Cup
2035      Iran                                               Won                                      Won Asian Cup

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
9/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-S/Korea-Mexico)
10/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-Scotland-S/Korea-Holland)

International
-------------
5/5  Continental Tournaments (Euro's-Spain/Copa America-Brazil/ACON-S/Africa/Gold Cup-USA/Asian Cup-Iran)

Vikeologist's 2018/19 Southend Report

th?id=OIP.M6a7b3d7892c47dc75c5b697a551a7eb8H0&w=151&h=149&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1

Yet another disappointing season. I'm beginning to think that my recent adopted fool-prrof tactics are well, foolish. Unfortunately by getting rid of or repositioning all my wingers, I'm kind of committed.

We were in and around the playoffs all season, including going into the last game of the season in 6th and a playoff spot, needing just a win. We could only draw however.

I think next season should do it. I have a lot of very promising your players, although checking now, they're not actually all that young. Anyway, i really think one more season should be enough for promotion. I'm an eternal optimimist. Then I can change teams and go back to 4-4-2.

I also took over as manager of South Africa. The first major hurdle will be qualifying for the CHAN, which should be easiest with South Africa, especially once my adding of the nation's leagues kicks in.

Best average rating - Marnick Vermijl 7.51. This is the new complete wing-back I brought into the club, which is the most important position with the tactics I'm playing. Not surprisingly he feels he's already out-grown the club, so i may have to replace him after just one season. He must have a low pressure attribute anyway, and maybe I can replace him with someone who will do better in the big matches. My wage bill went up this season, so getting big money for the odd player is probably a good move.

Top Scorer - Bradley Fewster - 15 goals This category tells you everything you need to know about why we didn't get promoted. He started nearly every game, but only managed a goal every 208 minutes. Zackarias Faour, on loan for the 3rd successive season, would have been our top scorer again, if not for a bad injury. Fewster is one of players I though was 'promising' but he's 23 years old now, and he's as good as he's going to get. he actually has a decent star rating now, but that clearly hasn't translated into goals this season. There's a good chance I'll throw my 17 year old wunderkid Pip Steer into the first team next season, but looks like Faour will be back for a 4th season. He and Steer are both target men, so not sure how well they will work next to each other. In any case, promotion will depend on how many goals these 3 can score next season. I may try to sell my other senior strikers if I can get a good price, as i am stacked with young prospects.

MoM - Marnick Vermijl - 11. Vermijl is definitely our best player. That's almost a MoM every 4 games. Given that it was far from a successful season, I think Vermijl has earned himself the first spot in my Challenge XI.

Season	Team					Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks

15/16 Unemployed n/a I have my standards and I'm sticking to them

16/17 Southend 13th Yawn

17/18 Southend 13th Wake me up when tomorrow comes

18/19 Southend 8th Missed out on playoffs in final game of the season

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

[code]

FC-Haka.png

Haka - 2018 - Finland Premier Division

In the preseason I made a slight change to my normal policy, I decided to concentrate on bringing in some quality players to the club on loan. Guys came in from Moscow, Zenit, Anderlecht and Panithanikos on loan. It was a good decision.

In the league cup, we only lost one game and annoyingly it was not quite enough as we once again came 2nd to HJK and that meant that we did not qualify for the final stages, it was sad but served as a very good way to warm up for a long season. In the Cup we were unable to defend our title as we were poor in the 6th round as we went out to a decent side.

In Europe we were very nearly through against a team from Slovenia in the end we lost 2-1 on aggregate and we were out at the first hurdle.

The League was the real target and focus. We began in superb form quickly hitting the top of the league. We did not drop much from this position all year, we didnt even go through our usual midseason blip. In the end we won the title with two games to go. I was amazed at how good this team was this year and how attached I had come to them. I very nearly stayed for another year to have a go in the Champions League but I felt it would not help me complete this challenge so I resigned and hit the job boards.

Season Review

2018       Haka         Finland        1st         Champions

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues - (2018 - Haka -FIN)

1/10 domestic cups - (2017 - Haka -FIN)

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Kobenhavn-Logo.jpg

FC Kobenhaven - 2019/20 - Danish Superliga

I left Haka in the winter, I was unemployed until the summer when I spotted this Danish massive side were unemployed. Kobenhaven have not won a title for four years which is a bit shocking for a side this good.

I began with a look at the squad, it was very good, much better than anything in this league. I noticed we were light in goals so I brought across a loanee from Greece that I had last year in Haka. I signed a young Norwegian winger who would remain in Norway until the winter. I also signed a Swedish left back who would join in the winter. So nothing major.

I started the league campaign with 4 straight 2-0 wins which I was more than pleased about. We absolutely walked the league this year as we were no where near being caught by our competitors, we were far and away the best team in this league. It was so easy it was almost boring.

In the cup we lost on pens to FC Midtjyland which was a shame as I was hopeful of doing the double with this team.

In the Europa League we entered at the group stage and came up against Stoke, Fiorentina and Spartak Moscow. We got rid of the Russians beating them twice. We drew away to the two other teams but lost at home and this meant we were out. I was gutted as I felt we could have gone a step further.

Next year I am unsure if I will be staying or leaving. I feel like I have done this part now I could possibly stick around to try and win the cup but I dont know I am not quite connecting with this team

Season Review

2019/20    Kobenhaven   Denmark        1st         Champions

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues - (2018 - Haka -FIN)(2019/20 - Kobenhaven - DEN)

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Livorno-Calcio.png

Livorno - 2020/21 - Serie A

I left Kobenhaven in November for two reasons, I had gone out of the cup and one of my favorite teams ever had sacked there gaffer and offered me the job.

Livorno was the first live Italian game I ever watched and I fell in love with them. When I learnt more about the club and their political leanings my love grew stronger for them and my favourite player Cristiano Lucarelli.

I took this job with them in the drop zone. I set to work and signed a couple of players from Kobenhaven and brought in a raft of young serbs from my national team. Not all of these would make the first team right away but will give us a bright future.

In the cup we knocked out Brescia and Napoli to get to the Quarter Finals where Inter we just to strong for us. We were a little inconsistent in the league beating teams like Milan and Napoli before loosing to Sassulo and Cheivo. In the end our finishing spot was good enough and I was pleased.

For next season I have a few more youngsters coming in a couple will be right into the first spot. I aim to push into the top 7 with this great little team and look to try and get European football with them.

Season Review

2020/21    Kobenhaven   Denmark        1st         Left in Nov
2020/21    Livorno      Italy          12th        Took over in Nov

rs.png

Serbia

I decided to also try my hand at international management and after Serbia went out in the Group stage of the Euros I was offered that job.

I took and was thrust into the International League. It was a close fought affair and I felt I was unlucky not to win it. I suppose the loss to the Swedes was the one which let me down. Either way it was not a bad start as we headed into World Cup Qualifying.

Only two games thus far a win against Leichtenstein and a draw against Greece. Not to bad we could have done with getting all 3 points against the Greeks but it will do.

Season Review

Season        Country     Notes

2020 -        Serbia

Challenge Progress

Club

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Pug's Update Season 2036/37

4MxCXsA.png

So With Half My Team Not Renewing There Contracts, I Resign From Willem II And Took The Post At Anderlecht. With Me Just Only Just Wanting

The League, I Played The Reserves In The Euro League. Which We Got Knocked Out In The First Knockout Round. So In The League We Were

Nearly Always Behind Club Brugge, Till 4 Games To Go Then We Got 1st And Never Looked Back. Club Brugge Made Sure We Didn't Win The Cup.

Which I Wasn't To Bothered About, Because I Won The Trophy I Needed.

SQ1xYfN.png?1

ceaL6WO.png

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2035/36    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2036/37    Willem II
2036/37    Anderlecht          Won                                                     Completed

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

2019      England U21
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2025      Brazil
2027      South Africa

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
10/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-S/Korea-Mexico-Belgium)
10/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-Scotland-S/Korea-Holland)

International
-------------

EKbETdA.png

Livorno-Calcio.png

Livorno - 2021/22 - Serie A

The biggest season of ups and downs ever.

I began the year by trying to bring in some youth to the squad, as I felt I would be with this club for some time and I would have the chance to watch this group grow. I signed some of the most promising prospects in Europe.

I started off the league with 5 straight losses against some of the big teams, as the season went on I knew it was going to be tough. In December we found ourselves 1 point out of the relegation zone and with the money I had spent the board had deemed this not good enough and sacked me. I was gutted.

2020/21    Kobenhaven   Denmark        1st         Left in Nov
2020/21    Livorno      Italy          12th        Took over in Nov
2021/22    Livorno      Italy          14th        Sacked in Jan

rs.png

Serbia

I decided to bide my time and really give it a go with Serbia and not seek another club job.

We had done really well thus far.

We continued with wins over Greece, Finland, Malta and a pair of draws against Germany. This was enough to see us pass through the group with ease as winners, which was not what I expected going into this.

I arranged friendlies against Guinea, Belgium and South Korea before the World Cup all of which we won with ease, I started to get a really good feeling about the upcoming tournament as all my squad was clicking and seemingly thriving in my tactics.

In the group stage we beat Japan and DR Congo. Going into the last game I knew a draw would be enough to qualify as group winners. We got the draw and we were through. We made easy work of Senegal in the next round to face up against Brazil. At this stage I was already looking for another International job with some of the bigger nations that had sacked their manager. I neednt had bothered as amazingly we beat them 3-1. In the semi finals it was the Ivory Coast. We drew 1-1 in normal time and a last minute goal put us into the final against FRANCE. I thought this would be my toughest challenge yet. It wasnt. We won 4-0 and were World Champions. I am in massive shock. This is the best thing I have ever done on this game. Ever.

I am now stuck. I am going to seek another manager job in club football. But do I stay in Serbia for the Confed Cup and the Euros or do I go to one of the bigger nations.

Season Review

Season        Country     Notes

2020 -        Serbia     World Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

International -

1/2 world tournaments -(World Cup 2022 - Serbia)

pug 407 - Congratulations on being the first to achieve on FM16, and the fastest to achieve ever, (given that you started a season after Sankalan). Do you have any interesting end of challenge screenshots? I'm always interested in stats. Welcome to the Hall Of Fame. Pull up a throne. I've put that you've done it on the classic version of the game. Is that correct?

ashton321 - Congrats on an amazing achievement with Serbia. I'd definitely suggest staying for the Euro and Confederations Cup. You probably won't get all that many chances to compete in the Confederations Cup. It's not often that a new job comes up with a nation that's in it, and realistically, your best 3 chances are with the teams that you win the World Cup, Copa America and Euro Championship with.

shirajzl -A belated well done on the Confederations Cup. Not many people have struggled hugely with it, but if someone didin't win it, and it was the only remaining trophy, it would be an absolute nightmare.

butts - Belated welcome to the challenge, and kudos on the South african title. Always difficult to win with a club that's not KC or OP, though heaven knows, plenty of you have done so. But to do it with Thanda, a club I didn't even know, is fantastic.

Earl - Looks like things are rolling along nicely now. Congrats on the Club World Cup.

DB08 - WD on promotion. Is there anybody in this challenge who's not getting constantly promoted or winning trophies? Oh yes, that's right. Me!

kaiser - Looking forward to your challenge completion report. Where are you going for the final cup? I remember that in a similar position I had lots of leagues loaded, and waited for a nation that had 1 dominant team and 2 domestic cups.

apchivers - GL next season with Linfield.

3L1G - On tenterhooks to know what happened with Tigres and Australia.

ashton321, not an bad sacking in Livorno, but I hope you will come back to that team soon, once you lead another team in Italy or outside Italy.:( Anyway, good job in Serbia in the World Cup, by winning it.:) Any hopes if you want to coach Livorno again?

Pug's Update Season 2036/37

4MxCXsA.png

So With Half My Team Not Renewing There Contracts, I Resign From Willem II And Took The Post At Anderlecht. With Me Just Only Just Wanting

The League, I Played The Reserves In The Euro League. Which We Got Knocked Out In The First Knockout Round. So In The League We Were

Nearly Always Behind Club Brugge, Till 4 Games To Go Then We Got 1st And Never Looked Back. Club Brugge Made Sure We Didn't Win The Cup.

Which I Wasn't To Bothered About, Because I Won The Trophy I Needed.

SQ1xYfN.png?1

ceaL6WO.png

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2036/37    Willem II
2036/37    Anderlecht          Won                                                     Completed

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

2019      England U21
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2025      Brazil
2027      South Africa

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
10/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-S/Korea-Mexico-Belgium)

International
-------------

EKbETdA.png

Congrats pug I know how hard this challenge is on FM16, and I know the feeling from FM15. Be proud, you earned it!!!!

DB08 - WD on promotion. Is there anybody in this challenge who's not getting constantly promoted or winning trophies? Oh yes, that's right. Me!

Thanks for the mention. Don't worry, you will eventually get promoted. It took me around 5 years to get promoted and even then, I'm still in the Football League's bottom division. :D

morecambe298-35040.png

Morecambe

2019/20

League Two

The season started with no increase on our National League wage budget and it meant that once the promotion clauses came into effect, we were spending over the budget. It nearly made me miss out on Mitchell Beeney (GK) and Max Power (CM), two key signings that I felt I had to make. Eventually, after releasing a few players and getting rid of some high earners, I was able to put together a squad that would consolidate our place in League Two for the time being. Getting back some of the players we had on loan last season also helped.

The board expected us to finish mid-table. After losing to Wimbledon in the first match of the season, we steadily improved throughout the season and stayed in and around the play-off places. In January, we were in 9th place (1 point off 7th) when Burton made an approach for me. They had been predicted to finish 1st but were down in 12th (4 points behind Morecambe) and offered considerable improvements in terms of finances. I thought that the team possibly had a chance of reaching the play-offs as well, so, off I went.

In the cups, we lost 5-2 at Huddersfield (CH) in the League Cup 1st round, 2-0 at Crewe (L2) in the JPT 1st round and 2-0 at Coventry (L1) in the FA Cup 2nd round.

CLUB CAREER:
|   2015   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  | Norway      |         10th         |  Somehow survived                             |
|   2016   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  | Norway      |         6th          |  Finished mid-table                           |
|   2017   | DPMM Brunei      |        S-League         | Singapore   |         N/A          |   Resigned after 9 games                      |
| 2017/18  | Morecambe        |    National League      | England     |         2nd          |  Lost play-off final                          |
| 2018/19  | Morecambe        |    National League      | England     |         1st          |  Won the title and got promoted               |
| 2019/20  | Morecambe        |    League Two           | England     |         N/A          |  9th when leaving for Burton                  |

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

burton-header-vw241-34850.png

Burton Albion

2019/20

League Two

As it turned out, Burton had lost three of their best players to Championship clubs and as a result, lacked depth and quality in certain areas. My reign at the club started off with a 0-0 draw with Wimbledon and an awful 6-2 defeat at Wrexham. I signed up 6 players in the remaining 6 days of the transfer window and added a few more during the loan transfer window to bolster the squad.

3 wins and 3 defeats in our next 6 games followed, dropping us to 16th in the table. A seven match unbeaten run (W4, D3) helped our playoff hopes but a 1-0 defeat at Gillingham was a big blow. We went into the last 3 games knowing we might have to win all. First, we face Southend, league leaders at that point, and twice came from behind to thump them 6-2. We then blew a 2-0 lead to draw at Crawley, putting us in 11th going into the final game, albeit 2 points from 7th placed Oldham. It was pretty clear that we weren't going up but we still did our best. We thumped Morecambe 5-0, which resulted in us going up to 9th while Morecambe finished 4th (a win would have got them promoted).

Wrexham finished 7th, won the playoffs and got promoted for the second season running.

CLUB CAREER:
| 2019/20  | Morecambe        |    League Two           | England     |         N/A          |  9th when leaving for Burton                  |
| 2019/20  | Burton Albion    |    League Two           | England     |         9th          |   Top half finish                             |

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

29/30 Tigres Closing Stage

Review

(plus Australia!!)

I joined Tigres just after the end of the Opening Stage - they finished 3rd - but my main reason for joining them was they were in the NACL

Within this challenge, Tigres are probably the highest reputation club that I have managed so far, they are wealthy, I've got more staff than I know what to do with, so things should be easy.......well they would have been if it wasn't for Pumas!!

As you can see by clicking my fixtures I played them 5 times in all and lost to them on 4 occasions, including getting knocked out of the NACL by them - I'm also holding them responsible for my failure to qualify for the next seasons NACL (well I have to blame someone!!)

Saying that, I'm quite enjoying managing in Mexico - I like the fact you have two opportunities each season to win the league........so, hopefully in 17 League games time, I'll be posting an update claiming I've added another League title towards the challenge!!

As for Australia......well, that was rubbish.

In the World Cup we were ranked 19th and were drawn with Brazil who were 2nd in the world rankings......naturally we lost (2-1)

Also in the group were Switzerland, ranked 16th.......we lost (2-1)

Miraculously, we could still qualify if we beat Ghana who were ranked lower than us in 34th.........of course, we lost that one too (1-0)

So we left our base in Italy and headed back to Australia, without winning a match and in the new rankings we've plummeted from 19th.......down to 42nd - and my job is "very insecure"

I'm hoping I can keep my position as Australia boss though as the AFC Asian Cup is on the horizon and I'm hoping to win a match (I've lost all the friendlies I've played too....I think I need to take the position a little more seriously!!)

15/16	Linfield	N. Ireland	6th	Took over in December, sacked before the end of the season
19/20	Shanggang	China		1st	Champions, Cup Winners, Manager Of The Year     
20/21	Shanggang	China		N/A	Resigned after being knocked out of Champs League
21/22	Jeonbuk		S. Korea	N/A	Sacked4th in league, QF of Champs League, SF of FA Cup
22/23	Pohang		S. Korea	6th	Cup Winners, knocked out in SF of Asian Champs League
24/25	Seoul		S. Korea	3rd	Took over with 14 games played, qualified for Champs League
27/28	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa	1st	Champions, KO Cup Winner, S/F Champs League - Resigned
28/29	Houston		USA		2nd	1st in West Conference, Lost in MLS Shield  Final, SF of NACL
29/30	Tigres		Mexico		4th	Closing Stage, SF of Champions League	

International
2026	Morocco		Africa		Eliminated in Group Stage at World Cup, qualified for ACON
2030	Australia	Asia		Knocked Out In Group Stages, lost every match

Challenge Progress

Club

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Mamelodi_Sundowns_zpsvxupcyby.png

Mamelodi Sundowns 2054

First of all , Congrats to Pug on completion . In the end i finished out the 2054 Season with Mamelodi Sundowns , even though i had complete what was needed earlier in the season . The FA Cup was added to the list following a 1-0 victory over Maritzburg but the Premier League crown eluded as Bloemfontein Celtic pinched me to the post . Rumours are that Sundowns manager will resign in the upcoming weeks with a view to returning to Sweden where it all began almost 40 years ago

2054 Review

2053    Sundowns            South Africa    --      CAF Champions League Winners , KO Cup Winners
2054    Sundowns            South Africa   2nd      SA FA Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France , China , Ukraine , Spain , South Africa

5/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038 , Shandong Luneng 2045 , Valencia 2052 , Mamelodi Sundowns 2053

International - COMPLETE

279775d1350933279-atl%C3%A9tico-madrid-time-take-over-badge.pngMexico-200x200.png

Season 2033/34

After knocking Kaiser Chiefs, Juventus and Bayern off the throne, another domination is discontinued. :cool:

I almost lost the title once again, but luckily Real were busy with Europa League(!) quarters and semis, so they dropped some points near the end of the season.

Sadly, we lost to Sevilla in the cup and to Bayern in the CL, but it doesn't matter. I'm moving on.

As for Mexico, a decent campaign saw us progress to the second round only to lose to Brazil. The real aim, however, is Gold Cup next summer. This WC performance was just enough to keep my job.

2032/33    Atletico M.     La Liga              3rd           runners-up                EL 1st KO rnd        
2033/34    Atletico M.     La Liga              1st           5th rnd                   CL 1st KO rnd            

2033       Mexico         Confederations Cup - WINNERS
2034       Mexico         World Cup - 2nd round

Challenge Progress

Club

6/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund, Spain-Atletico Madrid)

International

1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup-Mexico)

Tigres 30/31 Opening Stage

As I've said before and for those who have managed in Mexico, the beauty of it here is that it's only 17 matches per (half) season, so there's a great chance of winning the league......or getting beat by Pumas every time!!

We finished the league in 3rd place, I'm beginning to wonder if it's really that important to try and finish as high as possible in this league - as long as you are in the top 8, you go into the play offs, so I'm tempted to ensure I'm well within a chance of qualifying for the play offs and just rest my players??

In the Play Offs, we drew 3-3 on aggregate with Pochugura but went through as the highest seeded team.

Then in the semi final we beat Monterrey, setting up a final with Pumas (spit!!)

Lost the first leg at home by 2-1 which was annoying as that meant they had an away goal - a 2-0 result would be needed.

Second leg, that 2-0 result was achieved.......by Pumas of course meaning we'd lost 4-1 on aggregate.

In Mexico, if you're not in a Continental competition, you play in the Mexican cup.

We got to the semi final and were absolutely rubbish and lost 2-1 to Veracuz.

Fortunately, next season we'll not have to worry about the Mexican Cup as finishing second in the Play Offs results in entering the Copa Libertadores

Also as manager of Australia there is nothing to report - just a couple of friendlies played, but the Asian AFC Cup is due to start so let's see if I can win a match at an international tournament!!

19/20	Shanggang	China	        1st	Champions, Cup Winners, Manager Of The Year     
20/21	Shanggang	China	        N/A	Resigned after being knocked out of Champs League
29/30	Tigres		Mexico		4th	Closing Stage, SF of Champions League	
30/31	Tigres		Mexico		3rd Opening Stage	Lost in Final to Pumas -  reached SF of Cup

International
2030	Australia	Asia		Knocked Out In Group Stages, lost every match

Challenge Progress

Club

International

0/2 world tournaments ()