Life imitating art - real life transfers that happened first on FM

Apologies if a thread was started on this in the past but I thought it would be fun to share instances where a player you've signed for a team has actually done the same afterwards in real life from the same team. The prompt for me is Marcos Rojo's impending move to Man Utd from Sporting on whom I spent about £10m in FM12. Was good too from memory - displaced Evra as my regular LB. The only other one I can remember is signing Ivan Rakitic for Sevilla from Schalke in FM10 (one of my favourite ever saves).

Nice to see it's not just me who thinks this about AC Milan, their recent transfer policy has been baffling to say the least.

Signing bang average players (or just those Inter don't want) for relatively huge sums.

Long gone are the days of the Giants of European football plying their trade at AC, with just their kit striking fear into the hearts of lesser clubs; halcyon days indeed.

Apologies if a thread was started on this in the past but I thought it would be fun to share instances where a player you've signed for a team has actually done the same afterwards in real life from the same team. The prompt for me is Marcos Rojo's impending move to Man Utd from Sporting on whom I spent about £10m in FM12. Was good too from memory - displaced Evra as my regular LB. The only other one I can remember is signing Ivan Rakitic for Sevilla from Schalke in FM10 (one of my favourite ever saves).

Kesiuke Honda on every save that i start with in FM2014, (original database not the new one) he always signs for AC Milan (you can sign him but you need to give him stupid money and bonuses!) in the new database he starts at AC Milan.

Nice to see it's not just me who thinks this about AC Milan, their recent transfer policy has been baffling to say the least. Signing bang average players (or just those Inter don't want) for relatively huge sums. Long gone are the days of the Giants of European football plying their trade at AC, with just their kit striking fear into the hearts of lesser clubs; halcyon days indeed.
I blame the brazilians. It all start with all the brazilian bus arrived at San Siro.

Van der Vaart as Tottenham manager in FM 2007. He became an integral AMC, always delivering top performances, until eventually retiring. Unlike real life when they just let him go randomly one season. He went on to manage HSV several times, being the first club to win the Champions League twice in a row, and getting their stadium named after him.

Capello must have played Football Manager, because he signed Gago and Higuain at exactly the same period everyone playing FM were banging on about them.

Archived