Scout Report Bug?

Okay I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but my scout reports have messed up! If I'm on the Player Search you can see all the scout recommendations on the left with 3/4/5 stars etc but if I click on that player and physically go to his scout report it says 'You need to request a member of staff to compile a report on this player' like I haven't got a scout report for them but it still gives me their star rating. It hasn't always been like this either, only just started (I'm in 2018). Anyone had this happen or have I like clicked something I shouldn't?

Do you have the 'days old' column on your player search? Is so, it it blank?

The reason I ask is that there seems to be a number of players who appear with star ratings who haven't actually been scouted (not sure why/how). By looking at the 'days old' column you can tell is you have just the stars or a full report for these players.

Its been mentioned in the bugs forum, has happened to me too and its a complete gamebreaker. Not that it matters anyway, as my game has crashed anyway and refuses to load.

Funny, exactly the same thing happened to me. First the scout reports on the player page disappeared, and now the savegame won't load.

@dafuge

For me, I can click on a player, ask for a scout report on him, get a news item saying the player has been scouted (including some brief information from the scouting report), and then when I go to the player scouting report page it says that 'You need to request a member of staff to compile a report on this player'.

news_item.jpg

scout.jpg

player_page.jpg

For the record I play with the original 12.2 database, and I haven't used any second hand applications like FMRT to modify the savegame.

Massive bug, starts in the 2nd season, you can't see any scout reports for players you've scouted at all. I've been forced to stop playing until they release a hot fix for this, as I can't see prices of any players I want to sign, and I have my scouts sent out in South America, UK and Europe, but can't read any reports for the players they're scouting. Scouting is a massive part of the game so they'll have to release a hotfix, just hope it comes sooner rather than later so I can start playing what was an enjoyable save again.

Here's the thread in the bugs forum, add your complaint to that:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301030-Cannot-see-any-report-from-my-scouts?p=7647032#post7647032

I have exactly the same problem here, scout the player - get the message wth some brief details and the star rating on the right, but when clcking on 'view report' it tells me to request a scout report for this player. Every single player this happens to, even if I re-request a scout report same thing happens! Only started happening to me snce the 12.2 update. Is really annoying me as I have never really experienced any problems before now....lets hope this is fixed in a hot fix soon!!

Neil Brock said on the thread in the bugs forum that its being looked into. To be honest there are so many bugs and crashes in 12.2 that they cant possibly not bring out a hotfix patch, lets just hope its soon.

Just to reiterate; we are looking to address this issue as a matter of urgency.

To rectify it temporarily in the meantime please delete as many old scout reports as you can* and turn off roaming assignments (for now, as they are collecting too many results). This'll allow new reports to compile properly. As I say, this is a temporary solution and we'll update you again as soon as we have more news.

* to delete scout reports:

- Go to Player Search and clear all the filters, so that the maximum possible amout of players appears on the list.

- Sort them the scout report stars

- Click on the first of the list (or the first from which you want to delete the reports); scroll down do the last of those to be deleted. Hold Shift and select the last player (you'll have a very large selection of players).

- Then right click -> Scouting -> Delete reports

Its been mentioned in the bugs forum, has happened to me too and its a complete gamebreaker. Not that it matters anyway, as my game has crashed anyway and refuses to load.
Funny, exactly the same thing happened to me. First the scout reports on the player page disappeared, and now the savegame won't load.

Me 3.

First the scout reports went half way through the season and then when I finished my first season I couldn't load the game anymore. Keep getting Runtime error.

This is all on the new patch as a previous save on the old patch still works.

I understand there will be bugs but this type of stuff it ridiculous really.

I then have to come on here look through loads of stuff that makes no difference.

I think there next new introduction for Fm13 is making a game that doesn't stop working.

I have tried the temporary solution suggested above by deleting all the old scout reports. But when creating a new scout report - when selecting view report its still telling me to request a scout report for this player.....So am I missing something in this solution?? as its not solved for me by doing this...

I deleted every single scout report for all my scouts. Removed any current assignment etc. Then tried sending out one scout to a country, checked a few players that they had scouted only to be told that I should assign a scout to produce a report card etc.

I deleted every single scout report for all my scouts. Removed any current assignment etc. Then tried sending out one scout to a country, checked a few players that they had scouted only to be told that I should assign a scout to produce a report card etc.

By following the steps in my post above? That shouldn't be the case. Could you upload your save to the FTP please and I'll take a look.

The roaming bit seems to make no difference. I removed all previous assignments and then sent the scouts out again with roaming unticked but they still bring back about 25 reports per day. Which would add up to 750 in a month and that's clearly not right. So the only way to have normal scouting now is to send them to individual countries one at a time?

The roaming bit seems to make no difference. I removed all previous assignments and then sent the scouts out again with roaming unticked but they still bring back about 25 reports per day. Which would add up to 750 in a month and that's clearly not right. So the only way to have normal scouting now is to send them to individual countries one at a time?

Seems to be that way....it's what Ive been doing and it seems to be producing what I would call normal results and actually displaying the report too.

MUFC & John - try removing fewer at a time (although if you give it time, it should come back if it does lock up).

For now Aktsjon Mann & dan, yes, I'd recommend it until this is rectified - which we're working on as a matter of urgency.

Ah but now when I do that they complete one country in a day anyway :):(

This 'I know every single player in this country so I don't have to spend any actual time scouting' lark introduced in this version has really buggered things up unnecessarily imo and I seriously struggle to see the logic behind it. Can't we just go back to how it worked before?

This 'I know every single player in this country so I don't have to spend any actual time scouting' lark introduced in this version has really buggered things up unnecessarily imo and I seriously struggle to see the logic behind it. Can't we just go back to how it worked before?

So called 'dynamic' searching for players needs ditching as well. Dynamic for me means remove one filter and not be able to do anything else for 5 minutes as the game tries to figure out which players need dynamically removed.:mad:

So called 'dynamic' searching for players needs ditching as well. Dynamic for me means remove one filter and not be able to do anything else for 5 minutes as the game tries to figure out which players need dynamically removed.:mad:

Kind of agree, yeah. It's great in theory if you have a shiny new computer with power to spare but on older machines (that still easily match the requirements) it can make things quite painful. Why not make it an option?

Kind of agree, yeah. It's great in theory if you have a shiny new computer with power to spare but on older machines (that still easily match the requirements) it can make things quite painful. Why not make it an option?

I bought this pc in October specifically for FM12, has 4 Gigs Ram and Win7 home premium 64bit but FM12 seems to manage to make it run like something from the stone-age.

It could well be lagging because you have masses of scout reports on the search page slipknot.

Try ordering the view by scout star ratings and that'll give you an idea of how many are there. If there are a lot, try deleting them (if there are loads, try smaller deletion batches rather than all at once) and stopping roaming assignments.

It could well be lagging because you have masses of scout reports on the search page slipknot.

Try ordering the view by scout star ratings and that'll give you an idea of how many are there. If there are a lot, try deleting them (if there are loads, try smaller deletion batches rather than all at once) and stopping roaming assignments.

Thanks for the advice, it was whilst I was starting the process of doing just that when I noticed it (removing previously selected filters, to show all players in my region and knowledge area). Once that was done I highlighted every play down to 2 stars and did the right click delete scout reports thing. There were >2000 and it's locked up the game, once it unlocks will repeat with the 2 stars and under players and hopefully that'll get my scout reports and dynamic searching working better.

Surprised to see how many scout reports I'd accumulated already, I'm only half way through the 2nd season and must be 3-4 thousand in total.:eek:

Surprised to see how many scout reports I'd accumulated already, I'm only half way through the 2nd season and must be 3-4 thousand in total.:eek:

That must be the result of the bug discussed here. If you have any roaming assignments going the scouts will compile thousands of reports (because they know every player and don't have to actually scout them). At some point there will be too many for the game to handle and you get no further reports.

I think that there is some kind of relation between the slow down of the game and this bug specially in the search player page.

That's entirely feasible, so if you're experiencing slow-down but can still see reports it's worth deleting them as well.

That must be the result of the bug discussed here. If you have any roaming assignments going the scouts will compile thousands of reports (because they know every player and don't have to actually scout them). At some point there will be too many for the game to handle and you get no further reports.

Scouts also compile multiple reports on players, which contributes to the figure.

It may freeze temporarily, but it should return. You should be able to remove a fair amount at a time. Stop any roaming scouting assignments also, as these will continue to reel in the reports.

I get a runtime error from just doing 100 at a time and I have 25000!

That's unusual - could you upload your save to our FTP please so I could take a look? (May be able to do so for you and return the save, if need be).

Stop any roaming assignments for now so that it stops accumulating huge amounts, and gradually the number should reduce as they are removed naturally. As I say this is only a temporary solution as we aim to fix this issue soon.

That's unusual - could you upload your save to our FTP please so I could take a look? (May be able to do so for you and return the save, if need be).

Stop any roaming assignments for now so that it stops accumulating huge amounts, and gradually the number should reduce as they are removed naturally. As I say this is only a temporary solution as we aim to fix this issue soon.

That would be great if you could do it please, its in the game-save section as scoutreportbugcrash

• 1 month later...

This has just happenned in my games. I am in my first season with Man Utd just got to January and suddenly cant see any scout reports. Im gutid as like a lot fo you guys are saying its a bit part of your game, any ideas yet????

Archived