Thread: Cannot see any report from my scouts

Amateur

Default Cannot see any report from my scouts

Everything was running ok. But, after I become UK olympic manager, I can no longer see the report from my scouts.

I go to the report area of the player and it says that I need to send someone to scout him. But I just did, it even shows the stars in the news area. But going to the player I cannot the report. So I don't know if he whats to come, how much would he want in wages and transfer fee. What can I do to sold this?? :confused:

Amateur

Same for me. Can't see any scout reports. Happend after the latest update.

Amateur

I also have the last update! But even after that was working properly. It was (after the update) when I started a international job at the same time as managing West Ham this happened!

Some one from SI can help?

Amateur

I have the same issue ,started in season 2. I am also West Ham
    Last edited by WestHammer; 09-03-2012 at 21:46.

Lurker

Happened to me too after the update. I'm not coaching any international team, only Aston Villa.

Amateur

So it is a common problem to more people. I find it impossible to play like this, especially being in pre-season. I would be thankful for a solution for this or instructions on how to remove this last stupid update.

One other issue. I was West Ham and got promoted in first season. Beginning of season 2 I got the news I would receive 45 million euros for being in the Premiership. Nevertheless I id not receive that money!!! My balance is still close to zero as before!! Grrrr

Here is my save game: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8211063/West%20Ham-scout.fm
    Can anyone find my 45 million!? And fix the bug
    Last edited by libido_luxuria; 10-03-2012 at 00:04.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by libido_luxuria View Post
    So it is a common problem to more people. I find it impossible to play like this, especially being in pre-season. I would be thankful for a solution for this or instructions on how to remove this last stupid update.

One other issue. I was West Ham and got promoted in first season. Beginning of season 2 I got the news I would receive 45 million euros for being in the Premiership. Nevertheless I id not receive that money!!! My balance is still close to zero as before!! Grrrr

Here is my save game: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8211063/West%20Ham-scout.fm
    Can anyone find my 45 million!? And fix the bug
    I believe that the 40m TV revenue is paid in instalments over the season and is not paid as a lump sum.

Amateur

Mine was fine to begin with but its cropped up now in January 2012. My news shows that the report has been filed, but then when I click on "View Report" it doesn't come up

Amateur

Same thing here, happened out of nowhere for me yesterday evening. Earlier in the day I had no problems, now the scouting reports won't show up on the player page, but it's still viewable from the scouts "report page". I can't remember doing anything in particular that might have messed it up.

For the record I play with the original 12.2 database, and I haven't used any second hand applications like FMRT to modify the savegame.
    Last edited by Alesle; 11-03-2012 at 09:17. Reason: Added screenshots

Amateur

Same problem here, it started at beginning of 2nd season, I ask for a scout report, it comes up in the news items, and when I click on it, it's blank, very frustrating not to be able to scout players!

I'm only managing a club, not a nation

Amateur

I have the same problem, not sure how to upload my save game. It seemed to happen on a particular date, as I went back to my previous save and on the same date it happened. Think it was around 16th Jan 2013. I am only managing a club not a nation. If anyone from SI can help then that would be fantastic and if someone can explain how I upload my save then ill put it up

Amateur

Hope there's going to be a hotfix because during transfer windows it will be a bit of a game-breaker

Amateur

Just got this bug aswell at the end of the first season. The last 3 saves has been ruined by some random bug, but this has to be the most annoying one. Major game-breaker :/

Amateur

Yup, same here.

Amateur

This is a completely game-breaking bug. Please fix it ASAP!

Amateur

Massive game-breaking for me as I can't see if the player would even want to sign for my team before making an offer.
    Last edited by quantumleaper; 11-03-2012 at 13:19.

Amateur

I also just came across this bug! only managing chelsea.

Amateur

happened to me aswell

Amateur

I literally can't continue my saved game until this bug is fixed, as I have no idea on prices for players I want to sign, and I have scouts sent out in Europe, South America and UK and can't see the reports of any players they're scouting.

Needs to be a hot fix for this asap as it's stopped me playing an enjoyable save.

Yeah we're aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Amateur

I have exactly the same problem here, scout the player - get the message wth some brief details and the star rating on the right, but when clcking on 'view report' it tells me to request a scout report for this player. Every single player this happens to, even if I re-request a scout report same thing happens! Only started happening to me snce the 12.2 update and I started a new game. Is really annoying me as I have never really experienced any problems before now....

Amateur

Damn bug's killing me from signing replacements. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Amateur

I manage Southampton in 2016 got the same error, i dont manage any international team!! now i cant even load any of my saved games...

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

As a temporary workaround guys, please try deleting a large number of old scout reports. This should allow new ones to compile properly. As Neil says, we are investigating this one as a matter of urgency.

Also, if any of you have a save game from before the issue occurs (that is later affected), could you upload this for us to investigate as well please. Thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Warren View Post
    As a temporary workaround guys, please try deleting a large number of old scout reports. This should allow new ones to compile properly. As Neil says, we are investigating this one as a matter of urgency.

Also, if any of you have a save game from before the issue occurs (that is later affected), could you upload this for us to investigate as well please. Thanks.
    Thanks Stuart, deleting the scout reports has fixed the issue for me. I had over 2400 of them!

Anyway, for those who don't know how to do it (I didn't and had to look it up):

- Go to player search and clear all the filters, so that the maximum possible amout of players appears on the list
    - Sort them by the scout report stars
    - click on the first of the list (or the first from which you want to delete the reports) and scroll down do the last one of those that you want to eliminate. Hold Shift and click on this last guy, and you'll have a very large selection of players.
    - Now right click on them -> scouting - delete reports. FM will lock up (took about two minutes in mine) and then it will work again.
    - Scout a player, and see if it worked. It did for me!

This was actually pretty useful, since I managed to delete all the reports from the bad players, and keep the reports for the good ones.

Anyway, and this is just my two cents on this, it seems that there's a cap to the maximum amount of reports allowed. This shouldn't be too hard to fix, I hope.

Now, Stuart, I do have a saved game from about a year before this problem first appeared. I'd love to upload it, but don't know how to do it. Can you provide a little help on this?

Reserves

double post

Reserves

Cheers for the quick fix Jikul and Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Jikul View Post
    Thanks Stuart, deleting the scout reports has fixed the issue for me. I had over 2400 of them!

Anyway, for those who don't know how to do it (I didn't and had to look it up):

- Go to player search and clear all the filters, so that the maximum possible amout of players appears on the list
    - Sort them by the scout report stars
    - click on the first of the list (or the first from which you want to delete the reports) and scroll down do the last one of those that you want to eliminate. Hold Shift and click on this last guy, and you'll have a very large selection of players.
    - Now right click on them -> scouting - delete reports. FM will lock up (took about two minutes in mine) and then it will work again.
    - Scout a player, and see if it worked. It did for me!

This was actually pretty useful, since I managed to delete all the reports from the bad players, and keep the reports for the good ones.

Anyway, and this is just my two cents on this, it seems that there's a cap to the maximum amount of reports allowed. This shouldn't be too hard to fix, I hope.

Now, Stuart, I do have a saved game from about a year before this problem first appeared. I'd love to upload it, but don't know how to do it. Can you provide a little help on this?
    Thanks Jikul. The info in this post should give you all you need to upload the file.

Amateur

I've uploaded 'just-before-scout-reports-vanish.fm' to the fm save game folder. I narrowed it down to the day they would vanish. Its working fine till 17th July which is the game date of the save I've uploaded. Then its all gone from the 18th onwards. Hope it helps.

Sports Interactive Lucas Weatherby's Avatar

Thanks vdr12, I will look at this now and add the save to the issue report so the coders can investigate, thanks

Cheers that reproduced here so I've added to the issue for the coders to look at, thanks once again

Amateur

Glad I could help.

Lurker

Hi hope this gets solved soon! and thanks for Explaining how to do that Jikul, very helpful although i have a problem... click top player > scroll down to bot player> shift+click select em, right click, says only subscribe options? and unsubscribe from 23300 people?

Argh annoying!!

Just to reiterate; we are looking to address this issue as a matter of urgency.

To rectify it temporarily in the meantime please delete as many old scout reports as you can* and turn off roaming assignments (for now, as they are collecting too many results). This'll allow new reports to compile properly. As I say, this is a temporary solution and we'll update you again as soon as we have more news.

* to delete scout reports:
    - Go to Player Search and clear all the filters, so that the maximum possible amout of players appears on the list.
    - Sort them the scout report stars
    - Click on the first of the list (or the first from which you want to delete the reports); scroll down do the last of those to be deleted. Hold Shift and select the last player (you'll have a very large selection of players).
    - Then right click -> Scouting -> Delete reports

Amateur

I have the same issue. Second season with Man Utd (3rd season overall). Started when I got the Brazil job, at the same time as managing United.
    Pretty irritating.

Please try the steps posted above Chilechat, that should help in the short term until the issue is rectified.

Amateur

Just to clarify my last message : actually, my bug is a little different because before I took the Brazil job when I was on the players profile page then in the bottom left corner I had a Recommendation either from my assistant manager if I was looking at my own players, or from a scout if it was a player I'd previously scouted. Now, I only have the player report box for players that are in the Brazil squad. Although interestingly, it's United scouts who are making the recommendations - despite the fact I haven't asked them to scout the Brazil team.

Amateur

having the same problem, i have followed all the steps above as to deleting the old scout reports, but after pressing delete reports (2235 of them), the deleting box came up, then went off, all the players are still highlighted and the screen has frozen up now, for about 10 mins? is this normal as there is loads of reports? or should i give up n restart the game?

I'd give it some time, it should come back. If you already restarted then try deleting smaller amounts at a time.

Amateur

Hi,

I have had the same problem after July of the first season. Trying to buy in players for Chelsea when I cant scout them properly is a nightmare

I have tried the above guide, when I got to delete my scout reports (I had 19000 of them lol) the game freezed up for about 10 minutes and I had to task manager and shut it down. I tried deleting a smaller number at a time instead when I loaded the game up but it still did not let me do it

I'd suggest trying a very small amount to begin with, and working your way up to bigger amounts to get an idea of what your PC can handle. It's a pain I appreciate, sorry, but we are looking to resolve this.

Also remember to stop roaming reports temporarily also, as they will rack the numbers back up again otherwise.

Been idling through pre-season on my save I just wanted to check that what I am seeing is the intended behaviour in respect to the scouting issue.

I made sure that I did not delete players reports manually to see what my game would do over an extended period of time.

It appears that at regular intervals any scout reports that are older than 365 days are being automatically deleted with no residual record showing that they ever existed, the oldest report I've seen is 394 days & I tend to maintain an average player report count of ca.3500.
    Last edited by Barside; 12-03-2012 at 23:24.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kev0909 View Post
    Hi hope this gets solved soon! and thanks for Explaining how to do that Jikul, very helpful although i have a problem... click top player > scroll down to bot player> shift+click select em, right click, says only subscribe options? and unsubscribe from 23300 people?

Argh annoying!!
    If you aren't getting the 'delete scout reports' option I think it means you are selecting some players for whom you don't have reports in the first place. I used the filter 'potential abilty is at most 2 stars' and then selected around 1000 players with 2 or lower star rating. Right click, delete scout reports, problem solved.

Amateur

just so i know, is it the remove scout reports button that you press to get rid of the scout reports or is there an actual button called delete scout reports?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWils View Post
    just so i know, is it the remove scout reports button that you press to get rid of the scout reports or is there an actual button called delete scout reports?
    You have to select the menu option;

- Go to Player Search and clear all the filters, so that the maximum possible amout of players appears on the list.
    - Sort them the scout report stars
    - Click on the first of the list (or the first from which you want to delete the reports); scroll down do the last of those to be deleted. Hold Shift and select the last player (you'll have a very large selection of players).
    - Then right click -> Scouting -> Delete reports

Amateur

Cool enough with the temp fix. But are we any closer to having a permanent fix to this?

A fix has now been released Chilechat - Steam should update FM to 12.2.1 automatically (as long as you're not playing at the time)
    Last edited by Stuart Warren; 14-03-2012 at 17:59.

Amateur

Cool. I'll save and re-start now. Thanks.

Amateur

Umm...this made no difference whatsoever to my problem. Which is that in the bottom left corner of the player profile page I used to be able to see a report from my assistent, with a star rating and comment like 'Black believes Rafeel is a good player". Ever since I took the Brazil (at the same time as managing Man United) job I don't see those recommendations anymore. It's not a massive deal, but it's just a bit of a drag that I have to click on my player reports every time I want to see how many stars they have.

I'm not sure if this is related to the scouting bug that everyone else has had, or whether it needs a separate fix?

Amateur

OK, I just quit the Brazil job to see what would happen and the recommendations went back to normal. Any idea why it's like that, and is there a way around it? So I can manage a club and nation at the same time, and still have my recommendations on the profile page?

Lurker

Restarted the game so I could install the patch and was gonna load my game. But no, get an error that says that the game can't be loaded. Never happend to me before. Something to do with the patch? Anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilechat View Post
    OK, I just quit the Brazil job to see what would happen and the recommendations went back to normal. Any idea why it's like that, and is there a way around it? So I can manage a club and nation at the same time, and still have my recommendations on the profile page?
    Sounds like an unrelated issue - could you post a new, separate thread for it please? It'll be investigated in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Baverkungen View Post
    Restarted the game so I could install the patch and was gonna load my game. But no, get an error that says that the game can't be loaded. Never happend to me before. Something to do with the patch? Anyone else having this problem?
    Just to clarify - you mean your save game won't load, or FM itself won't load?

If it's the former, please upload your save to the FTP and let me know what it's called. I'll take a look and see if we can fix it in-house for you.