FM 11: Malaga C.F (The Anchovies)

CapaJr

malagacflogo.jpg

Basic Information

Málaga Club de Fútbol is a Spanish football club based in Málaga, Andalusia. They currently play in Spain's La Liga.

Málaga CF is generally seen as the heir of CD Málaga, one of the most historical Andalusian football clubs, by being a near-identical looking football club that even shares the same fanbase and traditions, although in legal terms it's a different entity with a separate register and another founding date, the one of its former reserve team, Atlético Malagueño. As such, after the twenty seasons in La Liga, twenty-nine in Segunda División, and nine in Tercera División played by the now disappeared CD Málaga, the current Málaga CF has played nine seasons in La Liga three in Segunda División, three in Segunda División B and one in Tercera División. They also won the UEFA Intertoto Cup in 2002 and then they qualified for the following seasons UEFA Cup and reached the quarter-final stages.

The club also has a sizeable British following, mainly down to the large amount of British expats currently residing on the Costa del Sol.

Although not founded in its present form of Malaga CF until June 29 1994, the origins of the club can be traced right back to the beginning of the 20th century.

The club has deformed and reformed under many guises often because of financial difficulties, but with a growing, often foreign fan base, the future looks much brighter for Málaga Club de Fútbol.

Club Information

Full name Málaga Club de Fútbol, S.A.D.

Nickname(s) Los Boquerones (The Anchovies)

Founded1948 (as Club Atlético Malagueño)

Ground La Rosaleda, Málaga, Andalusia, Spain (Capacity: 28,963)

PresidentAbdullah bin Nasser Al Thani

Manager Manuel Pellegrini

League La Liga, 17th

Stadium Capacity:28963 all seater

Year built:1941

Fierce Rivals:Sevilla, Betis

Other Rivals:Cadiz

Finances:Okay

Playing Kit

screenshotca.png

Backroom Staff

Malaga C.F is owned by Sheikh Abdallah Ben Nasser Al-Thani, a Qatari businessman and billionaire, and thanks to his financial backing, Malaga has the largest transfer budget in the BBVA. If you can get along with him, Malaga can expand its potential much further, and reach a level it never did in its history.

Current Squad

1. Francesc Arnau (Captain – Goalkeeper) | 2. Jesús Gámez (Defender) | 3. Weligton (Defender) | 4. Iván Cuadrado (Defender) | 5. Albert Luque (Forward) | 6. Rossato (Defender) | 7. Pere Martí (Midfield) | 8. Fernando (Forward) | 9. Salva (Forward) | 10. Apoño (Midfield) | 11. Javier Calleja (Midfield) | 12. Adrián (Forward) | 13. Iñaki Goitia (Goalkeeper) |

14. Hélder Rosário (Defender) | 15. Adriano (Forward) | 16. José Juan Luque (Midfield) | 17. Duda (Midfield) | 18. Eliseu (Forward) | 19. Miguel Ángel (Midfield) | 20. Manolo Gaspar (Defender) | 21. Cheli (Midfield) | 22. Pablo Barros (Midfield) | 23. Nacho (Midfield) | 24. Lolo (Midfield) | 25. Nabil Baha (Forward)

Recommendations & Why you should play Malaga C.F

Malaga C.F is a club with a rich owner, which provides you all the financial assets you need.

I advice you to keep Manu , Edu Ramos, Rondon and Juanmi, and sell everyone else, thats what i did and created my own squad from top to buttom.

If you want a long, ambitious game, i advice you do the same, my current average age of my squad is 20, so i am not expecting a sudden success.

However young spanish players like, Daniel Parejo, Sergio Tejera, Toti, Lora and Miguel de las Cuevas, along with young foreigners like Mazuch, Necid, Denys Garmash, Dentinho and Wahbi Khazri are my choices for the new generation of Malaga C.F

you can can choose some from my picks, or buy your own young players, whoever you choose to buy, if you invest wisely and create a young team with potential, thanks to our rich arab owner, Malaga can even reach a champions league spot in a few years.

Go play with Malaga, and be a legend in the city :)

ps: this is my first ever thread about a team, so if i made any mistakes, let me know, i can correct it.

have a good game, i m going back to playing my Malaga now :)

What budget do you start with? I am yet to decide which Spanish team to play as this year so I may consider Malaga...

If i am not mistaken, you start around with something like 18 million euros(safe mid table expectation), and with the 48 months payment trick, you can spend so much more, for example i have spend 59 million euros this season, only brought young and talented players, completely changed the entire squad(transferred 19 players) and only kept a couple, and half way in the season i m currently 7th, the media prediction is 17th, so playing with Malaga is a lot of fun, because a rich and ambitious owner allows you to lift Malaga in to the sky. :)

screenshot20101118at231.png

Finished 7th, just missed the european qualification, so i m a bid sad about that, but overall, for a young and brand new team, this result is a fantastic achievement. (i have been awarded manager of the year)

I do not plan to buy any players for my starting eleven, i will stick with my team, i will not make more than 3 transfers, keep my current squad flowing and hopefully next year i will achieve a european spot.

btw, the board and fans are extremely happy, they had expected Malaga to battle against relegation but instead we nearly qualified for europe.

screenshot20101118at235.png

This is my young and talented squad. (%95 of the players were new)

They were in the final of the spanish cup, they didnt win it, but still made it to europe.

me however, even though i did extremely well, could not.

a bid sad really, but i m about to start my second season, and this time i will make it to europe!

What about the reserve (B) team ?

Did they get promoted to a league where they can play ?

To be honest, i have no idea :)

I checked it out, and the reserve team of Malaga is Atletico Malagueno, but i cant see a fixture or anything for them, weird.

Anyway, you will be so focused on your success for the A team, you would not have anytime to focus on your reserves :)

To be succesful with Malaga is hard, and if you achieve it, its one of those real successes :)

I chose Malaga from the beginning, not only because they are close to where I am from but also as stated above they have a rich owner and a lot of potential and were in need of some proper coaching (which they'll get in RL now with Pelligrini!). I also wanted a challenge instead of playing my favourite blaugrana because they are far to easy to win everything with!

I am half-way through the season and am in 2nd place in La Liga, I sold all the deadwood players which were about 7 in total. Malaga has a lot of quality and there is no need to sell the entire team at all and a few players make super subs such as Apono (playmaker sub) and Duda (who can play almost anywhere on the pitch). Also Gamez, Juanito, and Baha are fantastic starters and have been doing really well. Sebastian Fernandez is a gem of a player and a star of the team if you retrain him as left inside forward and he is averaging 7.74! Not to mention that with Juanmi you almost have the next David Villa of the future.

I am playing my own 4-3-3 proper spanish tactics with short passing and the ball passed to the feet. The key is selecting the right players with the right attributes and attitude, I put a lot of focus on teamwork, work rate, natural fitness, along with the correct stats for each position and have even beat Real Madrid 2-0 using the Barca philosophy.

Current starting formation is:

----Ochoa----

Gamez-Juhasz-Juanito-Angel

-Pallardo-

---Parejo-Lora---

Baha--------------------Fernandez

---Adrian---

I also have Adrian swapping positions with Baha because he is somewhat of a greedy player which works well sometimes because he scores good goals but there's also many times where he should lay off the ball and he doesn't due to his poor teamwork rating which Adrian has no problems doing and provides some very nice assists.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
yeh far out

Enzo Maresca

Ignacio Camacho

Júlio Baptista

Martín Demichelis

Sergio Asenjo

Gabriel Milito (probably)

Diego Buonanotte (probably)

Buonanotte is more or less confirmed from what i have read, but he will stay in argentina until the summer

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first season on the second patch, spent 44 million (on deals over 48 months) in the first season but the owner hasn't pumped any money into the club, so now i'm in a bad financial state. Got a transfer budget of 350,000 pounds in the second season and have to cut wages drastically to get back under budget...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started a game with Malaga and used part of the topic starters ideas and half my own. Finished 3rd in the first season, going out of the cup really early as I was concentrating on the league. In the second 2nd I'm currently sitting top at christmas, won my CL group and still in the domestic cup. However I've just picked up 6 injuries in the space of a week so will be interesting to see how I come through it.

My squad looks something like this...

GK - Patricio, Neves

DR - Gamez, Lora

DC - Galeano, Pichu Atienza

DC - Rakitskyi, Weligton, Arce

DL - Canella, Manu

DMC - Camacho, Apono

MC - Garmash, Edu Ramos

MC - Tejera, Duda, Adrien

AMC - Parejo, Buonanotte, Eliseu

ST - Cristaldo, Juanmi, Mino

ST - Sanogo, Rondon

Mino is a regen with the craziest stats I've seen. Cost me £2m and has got a single stat under 13. However he's taking time to settle in. Most of my signings made with the 48 month payments, so I'm getting into a fair bit of debt. However a couple of months into the second season the owners did pump a bit of money in and my wins in the CL provided a well needed cash boost.

Despite all of this my squad still seems lacking but I can't put my finger on it. I have Asenjo signing as backup keeper at the end of the season and Weligton, Lora (by request) and Eliseu are all listed. A couple more regens along the same style as Mino are due from Argentina in a couple of seasons too. Once I figure out what is missing (if anything) this team will dominate, as the average age of my squad is only 22.

Just started with Malaga, and so far I have signed:

Etienne Didot £5,5 million

Dentinho £9,75 million

Razvan Rat £3,2 million

Won both of my pre-season friendlies, and starting the league with a tough home match against Valencia.

i started a game with hercules, 2nd season i took them to 6th place with no funds,

i then however se deportivo get relegated and then appoint a new sugar daddy tycoon, (israeli)

promotion was easy but it then became a similiar challenge to this and for anyone looking in i highly recomend it took me 7 seasons but believe you me when you finally topple the two giants of barca and madrid the feeling is worthit, even more so when they try to appoint you

only downside with spain is fgn players registration rules but some prefer that adds to the challenge i guess

Gone for a career game with Malaga.... told the board id win the league to get as much cash as possible and at the transfer deadline ive spent €117m.... leaving me with a tiny squad of just 17 players. 7 of which remain from the original squad: Ruben, Demechelis, Mtligia (only due to his injury), Maresca, Apono, Baptista and Juanmi.

Everyone else either sold, loaned out or released bringing in €26m for my budget.

My purchases so far: Rui Patricio (GK Sporting 4.5m), Jose Angel (DL Gijon 11.5m), Zapata (DC Udinese 12.5m), Van Der Wiel (DR Ajax 10m), Mazuch (DC Anderlecht 7M), Defour (DMC Standard 15M), Hazard (AMC Lille 18.5M), Turan (AMC Galatasaray 20M), Lukaku (SC Anderlecht 17.5M), Lopez (SC Free)

Only Claudio Lopez was a enforced purchase as I needed cover and im out of budget, so the Flea comes back to Spain for 1 last crack. Patricio in goal will be the long term backup but again funds restricted me in getting my preferred #1.

First XI:

Rui Patricio

Van Der Wiel - Mazuch - Zapata - Jose Angel

Maresca

Hazard - Defour

Juanmi - Lukaku - Baptista

What about the reserve (B) team ?

Did they get promoted to a league where they can play ?

To be honest, i have no idea :)

I checked it out, and the reserve team of Malaga is Atletico Malagueno, but i cant see a fixture or anything for them, weird.

Anyway, you will be so focused on your success for the A team, you would not have anytime to focus on your reserves :)

To be succesful with Malaga is hard, and if you achieve it, its one of those real successes :)

At. Malagueño play in the Tercera División de España (Spanish Third Division). This is the 4th tier of Spanish football and is split into 18 regional groups, featuring 364 clubs.

At. Malagueño are in Group 9 (Andalucía Oriental y Melilla) and currently lie third in the table - http://www.futbolme.com/com/inicio_torneo.asp?id_torneo=15

Even if they win the division, they will have to compete in play-offs for one of four places up for grabs in the Segunda B4. The four groups of the Segunda B are the lowest playable divisions in FM and the tier in which At. Malagueño play is the next tier down. They can get promoted to the Segunda B4, but it's more down to chance or luck if you see them appear in the game at some point. However, if they do happen to get promoted to the Segunda B4 for real this season, then they will be a playable team in FM12.

Apparently however, results are calculated in the background for non-playable teams, the next tear down from the lowest playable leagues you have loaded in your game. That is what determines promotion. How reflective those calculations are, I can't say. I once had a save managing a Spanish club with a B team in the Spanish Third Division, sending them quality players, hoping this might help them get promoted. Although the game generated non-competitive statistics such as goals and average ratings for the players, the B side didn't get promoted in several seasons of me trying this approach, which leads me to believe that it's very random which teams are promoted.

As for the benefits of having your B team playing in a playable league, it's perhaps as important as real clubs view their benefits. It means you can easily send your up and coming young players, to play at a professional league standard, thus improving their development.

The club I research, Granada CF (Liga Adelante), have a B team playing in the next tier down from At. Malagueño. They've actually got South American and African youth internationals on loan from Udinese with the B team, in an attempt to get them promoted quickly, up to Group 9 (Andalucía Oriental y Melilla), then to the Segunda B4. They've been investing heavily in their youth system and want to get the B side playing at a good level, so they can have their best youngsters playing at a good competitive level, before moving into the first team.

How did Sanogo do in your first season?

11 appearances, 2 goals, 2 assists. Av Rating of 6.85. He was only signed in January on loan though. And Rondon/Cristaldo were superb and kept him out of the team.

Second season he has 12 appearances, 7 goals, 7 assists. Av Rating of 7.53.

To be honest I probably wouldn't have signed him permanently if it weren't for the things I'd read about him on this forum, because Auxerre wanted £8m and it was a big chunk of my budget. I've just let Rondon go out on loan and re-trained Juanmi to play AMC, and with Mino still settling I'm putting all my faith in him doing the business with Cristaldo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in to my second season at the club. Spent a small fortune on mostly players 20 or under on 48 month deals. I know it's slightly unrealistic but haven't had a single game to splash a bit of money about on FM11 so decided I was going to spend a fortune on kids and try and develop them.

These are my ins (plus Boja Baston for £675k) for the first season.

We started off in dreadful form as you can see here, it didn't help having to play the big clubs really early and my inital 4-4-2 formation with the wingers pushed up didn't seem to work well either, so once Christmas came I decided to go for a tactic similar to CapaJr's but with DM's instead of CM's. This paid off as we rose up the table eventually claiming a Europa spot on the final day of the season.

My best team when everyone was fit was

Asenjo

Gamez Tolio Demichelis Manu

Nkoulou Casemiro

Eliseu Baptista Duda

Gameiro

Subs:

Traore

Rondom

Camacho

Pereya

Kofi Agyei

With 2 of the other kids bought given a place randomly.

No other outfield players from the original squad were given game time in the hope I could annoy them enough to want to move in the summer :D (though Apono still will not move)

Financially I found myself finishing the season about £5M in debt, but with the youngsters I brought in all developing quite a bit (though that's thanks mostly to Dunc's on FM base training schedule (the only thing i'll download as I do struggle with that side of the game :D) and having 4-5 star coaches and letting them all have the odd game) I decided that I could afford to sell this lot and bring in the few players you can see. I did try to get Asenjo to stay but the agent refused to let me speak to him after having a £2.7M bid accepted whilst he was still on loan and then once he went back to Atletico they wanted £10M which I didn't want to spend. Kivrak was available for half the price and is probably as good as him anyway. Guilherme is a decent back up and will by my european and cup keeper while I try and develop him a bit.

Anyone who still hasn't finished the first season should also consider getting Thiago on a free from Barca, he's been excellent for me so far.

The seasons aim is the Europa again, I feel we're a bit too far off a champions league place yet but if we keep up the start we've currently had to season 2, then maybe 4th is a realistic target.

Archived