Official Forum FAQ - The Answer to all your Questions!

Ty

Welcome to the Official FAQ

and to the

The Good Player & Team Guide

Thumbs_Up.png

This thread holds all the most asked questions in the Good Player and Team Guide, all in one place making things easier for you!

Football Manager at times might have you confused, leave you bewildered or you just don't understand something... no worries, we look to answer everything you can think of in here.

Don't spend ages scrolling for pages of threads just looking for answers or create new threads asking simple questions, just have a look through this thread and if you are still uncertain on something, ask in here and your question will be answered as soon as possible!

Wether you have uncovered a rough diamond, think you've found an excellent player, built your dream XI, are looking for some advice on building a successful team or in need tips on the best players or staff for your team? No matter which it is, this is the forum for you to ask your questions. Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions to do with Good Players and Teams in Football Manager.

To help you out finding what you need, here is what the thread contains;

I. I want to create a thread, what do I need to do?

II. How do I Post a Screenshot?

III. What is the Official Data Editor?

VI. What is an In-Game Editor?

V. What is an In-Game Scout?

VI. What is a patch? Why do we have them? Where can I find them?

VII. What are some of the most frequently used Acronyms?

VIII. What is a players Current Ability and/or Potential Ability how can it change?

IX. What are the most important stats for various positions?

X. What are Regens (Newgens, FREDs)? What date do they come into the game, and what are Greyed-Out Players?

XI. How does tutoring improve young players?

XII. Why do we have Work Permits, and how do they work?

XIII. How is the English Premier League table ordered?

XIV. How are the Italian Serie 'A' and the Spanish First Division tables ordered?

XV. How is the German First Division table ordered?

XVI. How is the French Ligue 1 Orange table ordered?

XVII. Why can't I approach Player X even though his contract is over in six months?

XIII. What are Affiliated Clubs, and how can I get them?

XIX. Can I manage a club and a country at the same time?

XX. How are fee's over a period of time paid?

XXI. What are updated databases, where can I find them?

I. I want to create a thread, what do I need to do?

In the Good Player and Team Guide, we have two main types of threads.

Player Thread

If you have uncovered a new player, had a bit of experience with him and feel you want to share him with the community, then you can create a player thread. First thing to do is check in the links thread at the top of the page to see if somebody has already posted a thread on the player. If they have, you are free to post your experience with the player in that thread; there is no need to create a new one.

When it comes to creating a player thread, don’t post player threads for the sake of being ‘first’ to do so, as they will probably end up locked by a moderator. Spend a bit of time with the player, find out the best way to play him and then this way, when people ask questions about him in your thread, you will be able to tell them all the right answers. It is always better to be able to show some statistics with your player, and if you are just creating the thread without experience, you won’t be able to show the community how well the player is doing.

If you are having problems creating a thread, or not sure what you should be including when you create it, no worries. Thankfully TigerTime has spent the time to create a thread to help you with such problems. His thread includes a basic format which you can follow. You don’t have to follow it to the dot and creativity is what makes your thread unique. It is there to show you an outline of what needs to be included.

Here is the link to his thread – Click.

Here is the link to his downloadable thread template – Click.

Team Guide

Looking for somewhere to post about your achievements with a club?

Looking for somewhere to talk about your save with other users?

Looking for somewhere to get help about a certain team?

This is the place.

The main club threads are normally created on or around the release of the demo, and respected users are chosen by the moderators to do the job of creating them. If you want to be in the running for a popular club thread, then you need to post your interest in the thread that usually appears 2 weeks before the demo, from there the moderators will choose who they think will be up to the job.

If you cannot find a thread for the team you are using, you can create it!

If you are creating a club thread, you need to be active and stay active throughout the year in your club thread. The better the opening post, the more people you are most likely to get interested in starting a save with that club.

So how do you create a club thread, what needs to be included?

Luckily, arsenal_1111 has taken his time to create a thread showing you what you need to be including in your thread. Same with player threads, make them top quality and get to grips with the team before posting the thread. Assess the team, what needs to be improved, what future young stars are in the under-18’s, what are possible transfer targets? All this can be included.

Here is the link to arsenal_2111’s “How to Make a Good Club Thread” – Click.

Now, if anyone wants something to follow and have a template to work from, here is my Sampdoria thread from FM10. Now I am not saying you have to do exactly what I have or go into as much detail, but it is nice when a club thread looks like this.

Here is the link to my Sampdoria thread – Click.

Other threads

Normally, anything else that is compulsory for FM is created by moderators, such as FM11: Good Defenders, Midfielders and Strikers, Should I Buy/Sell, Free Transfers and anything similar to this. That way, we all know that the threads will be created and will all be in the links sticky at the top.

If you have a new idea for a thread, don’t hesitate to PM a moderator before you post it, just to be sure you a putting it in the correct place or there isn’t already a similar type of thread that could be used. You never know, your thread might become very popular and will be used in future FM’s.

II. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Both of the above are for Windows (all versions)

3. Press Apple key, Shift, and 3 keys all together to take a screenshot of the whole screen.

4. Save the file as a JPEG

Or

3. Press Apple key, Shift, and 4 keys all together to take a screenshot of part of the screen.

4. Save the file as a JPEG

Both of the above are for Apple Macs.

III. What is the Official Data Editor?

The Official Editor is, obviously, an official program that comes with the game (both boxed and Steam). It is accessible from the start menu. If the icon for the Data Editor cannot be seen, right click on the Football Manager icon, and there should be an option to 'Run Data Editor'. Click on this, and it should open. Load a database, and edit things such as player's PA and CA, stadiums, make new clubs, make new players, change clubs history and edit competition names. This program can be used to make new databases which will be able to be used for new games. It is most commonly used to check and/or edit PA and to make player transfers.

VI. What is an In-Game Editor?

An in-game editor is an unofficial program that allows you to edit your save games. Some in-game editors allow you to alter players current ability or potential ability as well as attributes, others allow you to alter finances, stadiums, kit colours, and more.

If you are using an in-game editor, don’t come into the GPTG and start to ‘brag’.

It is your game, you bought it and it is yours to play how you like. Just don’t start posting about your cheating. That is all.

The most popular in-game editor amongst the forum is FMRTE (Football Manager Real Time Editor).

Remember, editing your game can often cause problems to your save and worst case scenario it could corrupt it.

To find FMRTE or any other editing tool, look in the Editors Hideaway.

V. What is an In-Game Scout?

An in-game scout is again an unofficial program, but doesnt allow you to edit your save games. It allows you to see more information about players, such as their Sale Value, Current Ability and Potential Ability. This program can not only allow you to see real players in more detail, but Newgens too. Popular in-game scouts are GenieScout and MiniScout.

Often people say, after using these tools they find their game boring as it takes all the fun away. So be warned when using them, you might just get hooked.

To find these tools, have a look in the Editors Hideaway.

VI. What is a patch? Why do we have them? Where can I find them?

No game is perfect, every game has its bugs and every game needs fixing.

Luckily for us, Sports Interactive brings out three patches a year.

A patch is a downloaded file that fixes your game. Once downloaded, you double click the file and it gets to work fixing your game. It is very simple and easy.

The patches are normally released like this;

The first is usually xx.1 – This fixes all the release day bugs and is brought out soon after the games release.

The second is usually xx.2 – This is released sometime before Christmas, and fixes all the problems that people have been having from patch xx.1 to present.

The third is usually xx.3 – This is the last patch SI brings out. This fixes all the previous problems from xx.2 onwards and also updates all the transfers that happened over Christmas. You can choose to use the transfers or not.

The latest patches are normally found on the main Football Manager website, at the top of the forums (easily found on GPTG and GD) and on other fan sites.

VII. What are some of the most frequently used Acronyms?

Here are some acronyms that you may find useful during your time in the Good Team and Player Guide:

SI - Sports Interactive

FM - Football Manager

Forums

GQ - General Questions

GPTG - Good Player and Team Guide

Football Manager Terminology

PA - Potential Ability

CA - Current Ability

DB - Database

FMM - Football Manager Modifier

ME - Match Engine

Ass Man - Assistant Manager

LLM - Lower League Management

OI - Opposition Instructions

FMRTE – Football Manager Real Time Editor

Positions

GK - Goalkeeper

SW - Sweeper

DR - Right Back

DL - Left Back

DC - Centre Back

DMC - Defensive Centre Midfielder

MC - Centre Midfielder

MCa – Centre Midfielder (Attack)

MCd – Centre Midfielder (Defence)

MR - Right Midfielder

ML - Left Midfielder

AMR - Attacking Right Midfielder

AML - Attacking Left Midfielder

AMC - Attacking Centre Midfielder

FC - Centre Forward

ST - Striker

--------------------

FS - Fast Striker (normally a FC)

TM - Target Man (normally a ST)

Conversation Terminology

IMO - In My Opinion

IMHO - In My Honest Opinion

IRL - In Real Life

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly

KUTGW - Keep Up The Good Work

BTW - By The Way

TBH - To Be Honest

CBA - Can't Be Arsed

TBF - To Be Fair

FTW - For The Win

TY - Thank You

FWIW - For what its worth

OFC - Of Course

AFAIK - As Far As I Know

WTH - What The Hell?

AKA - Also Known As

ASAP - As Soon As Possible

OP - Original Poster

VIII. What is a players Current Ability and/or Potential Ability how can it change?

Every single player on Football Manager has a Current Ability, also known as CA. This is a number ranging from 1-200, 1 being a very low ability, 200 being the highest. A players current ability changes throughout the game, depending on training, game time, and injuries. A player's current ability can also naturally go up, as a player gets older.

A players Current Ability CAN change throughout the game.

Every player also has a Potential Ability, commonly known as PA. Player Ability is a number that players are assigned to before the save game starts, and a players potential ability is the same on everyone’s game. This number also ranges from 1-200. A potential ability of 1 means the player is more than likely to be awful, a potential ability of 200 has the potential to be one of the world’s best. Although most players have set potential abilities, some players have varying potential abilities. These potential abilities are negative potentials. At the start of new game, players with negative potentials are assigned potentials, ranging from one number to another. The different negative abilities and what they mean are shown below:

-10 = PA 170-200

-9 = 150-180

-8 = 130-160

-7 = 110-140

-6 = 90-120

-5 = 70-100

-4 = 50-80

-3 = 30-60

-2 = 10-40

-1 = 1-20

In addition, having a PA of 0 means that a player will get a random PA between 1 and 200. This figure has to be above his starting CA.

A players Potential Ability CAN NOT change throughout the game.

IX. What are the most important stats for various positions?

In Football Manager, all players have attributes, rated from 1-20. Some of these attributes are more important than others for certain positions. For example, for a centre back, finishing isn't normally very important, wheras tackling is. Of course, there are some other attributes that could be important for a player, but the following are the main attributes needed to be a very good player.

*Notice, this has been moved. I have put this in the next post due to the length/detail of it*

X. What are Regens (Newgens, FREDs)? What date do they come into the game, and what are Greyed-Out Players?

Back in the days when Football Manager was known as 'Championship Manager', there was a player development system whereby players that retired would come back as another young player. This young player would turn out to have the same attributes & position as the retired player, but would come back under a different name. Basically, the player was regenerated by the game - hence the term 'regen'.

A new player development system was introduced a few years ago, where players were no longer regenerated. Under this system, when a player retired, he was replaced by a new player that was completely different to the retiring player. Then, the system was changed again so that generation of players was not linked to retirement. After this alteration, the database size could fluctuate a lot more. Because of this, 'regens' is no longer the appropriate name for these players. Instead, they are called FREDs. They gained this name when, when the new feature was being introduced, a member of the Sports Interactive team was asked what the new players were to be referred as. It became apparent that there was no official name, so he suggested the term 'FREDs' to be used.

Nonetheless, they are still commonly referred to as regens despite this not being the accurate term.

Regens come into the game at different times, depending on the country. For instance, all the English teams get completely new regens on the 25th of June. Here is the full list of when regens are put into the game;

Argentina           1st August
Barbados            19th September
Belarus             10th February
Belgium             29th June
Brazil              2nd January
Bulgaria            29th June
Chile               1st January
Colombia            10th January
Croatia             18th June
Czech Republic      28th June
Denmark             5th July
England             25th June
Finland             7th January
France              20th June
Germany             20th June
Greece              19th June
Holland             7th July
Hungary             19th June
Iceland             5th January
Ireland             5th January
Israel              Date Needed
Italy               30th June
Mexico              20th July
N. Ireland          29th April
Norway              18th January
Peru                29th January
Poland              28th June
Portugal            20th June
Romania             Date Needed
Russia              26th December
Serbia              9th July
Slovakia            28th June
Slovenia            28th June
Spain               10th July
Sweden              25th December
Switzerland         18th June
Trinidad & Tobago   19th September
Turkey              19th June
Ukraine             18th June
USA                 26th December
Uraguay             1st August
Wales               18th June

Greyed-Out players are basically gap-fillers. These are players that are put into your team whilst you don't have enough players, to ensure that every match can be played. You can offer contracts to your own greyed-out players, but not to other teams. As soon as you have enough players to field a full team the grey players will disapear, never to be seen again.

XI. How does tutoring improve young players?

Tutoring *CAN* help a youngster a lot. And I mean a lot. First thing to keep in mind about tutoring is that it doesn't ALWAYS work. And sometimes, it can be negative too because if the two players don't get along, it'll mean a rift between the two of them which could possibly disrupt the harmony in the squad. And in many cases, the only answer is to sell one of them.

But that's not as bad as it sounds. It doesn't happen always, just sometimes. The positives of tutoring are plenty. The two biggest ones are;

1. Learning new moves

2. Improving mental attributes

Tutoring allows your youngster to learn some new moves off the tutor. You can of course also do this through the interaction button and ask the youngster to learn a new move. But you can only ask him to learn 1 at a time. In tutoring, if you tutor has say 4 PPM's, the youngster can potentially pick up ALL of them in the 6 months time he's being tutored.

Secondly, mental attributes. Many youngsters have extremely poor mental attributes. I don't mean only the ones you see on the screen, but also hidden ones. Tutoring can affect these very positively. For example, if a youngster has all the potential in the world, but unfortunately his "ambition" attribute (hidden) is very low, it's very unlikely he'll ever achieve his true potential. However, with tutoring, that attributes could go up a lot if the two players get along and the youngster might suddenly turn out to be a world beater. Maybe the youngster is not very determined. This will affect how he reacts during a match. If your team goes a goal down, his shoulders are likely to drop. But a determined guy will probably be charged up and go all out to pull the game back for his team (Steven Gerrard anyone?!).

There are a whole host of other attributes which are affected as well. So yes, tutoring is a great, great help. These mental attributes have NO OTHER WAY of going up except by tutoring. They can experience the odd increase here and there but it won't be substantial.

All this culminates in one thing - choose your tutors VERY carefully. Because although good tutors can improve your youngster immensely, a bad tutor can have an adverse effect on him as well. Guys like Xavi & Fabregas are great tutors. Guys like Mertesacker & Recoba are not.

Having said that, if you notice, there are 3 different options when you want to get a player tutored:

1. Ideal role model

2. Approach to the game

3. Can learn from

The short answer is that they all three options have the same outcome.

The difference between the three options is now main the tutor will react to the request. For example, if you use the middle option with a tutor who sees themselves as a key player then they might react badly as you are undermining his role (as the tutor thinks he'll be that player’s ideal role model).

XII. Why do we have Work Permits, and how do they work?

Work Permits are only used in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. They are necessary for someone to be allowed to work in the countries mentioned, including playing as a footballer. Only certain players will need to get work permits, and others may receive them easier than others. Players from the following countries do not need work permits:

Austria - 5

Belgium - 3

Cyprus - 5

Czech Republic - 5

Denmark - 7

Estonia - 5

Finland - 5

France, including French Guyana - 5

Germany - 5

Greece - 10

Guadeloupe - 5

Holland - 4

Hungary - 5

Iceland - 5

Ireland - 7

Italy - 5

Latvia - 5

Lithuania - 5

Luxembourg - 5

Malta - 5

Martinique - 5

Norway - 5

Poland - 3

Portugal - 5

Reunion - 5

Slovakia - 5

Slovenia - 7

Spain - 4

Sweden - 5

Switzerland - 5

United Kingdom - 7

If the player you are looking to sign isn’t from one of these countries, you will need to gain a work-permit before he is able to play.

If a player needs a work-permit, then various things will be taken into account. One of these is the calibre of the player. If a player is very talented, or has played for his country, he is likely to gain a work permit. If the work permit is turned down the it is likely to be granted on appeal.

When a work permit is turned down, it is the government who make the decision. The government normally turn down work-permits to protect people who are from their country. Their aim is to make sure that there are always jobs available from people from their country, and may turn down a work permit if they see no reason that an English player is not available. This gives all people from their country the chance to work, in various jobs.

However there are ways to get past this. One of the ways is to send a player to a European feeder club. The numbers of years it takes to gain nationality are above. When a player has been in that country for the number of years needed, they normally apply for that nationality. This means that they are now part-European, so they automatically gain a work-permit. If a player has been in a country for an amount of time you can offer them a new contract, which also re-applies for a work permit for them. If you are lucky the player will be granted a permit. It is sensible to, when buying players you feel may not receive a work permit, tie them down to a 5 year contract, in case it does take 3+ years to gain a permit.

XIII. How is the English Premier League table ordered?

Obviously, the Premier League table is ordered firstly on the amount of points gained during the season. After the points tallied, the goal difference is taken into account. Goal difference is worked out by minusing the amount of goals conceded from the amount of goals scored. If teams are still tied after points and goal difference, then the amount of goals scored is used. Finally, if teams are still tied for a position, then one of two things will happen. If something is at stake, such as a place in Europe, then a play-off game takes place at a neutral venue. The winner of this game receives whatever is at stake. If there is nothing depending on the positions of the teams, then the teams will tie for the position.

XIV. How are the Italian Serie 'A' and the Spanish First Division tables ordered?

Like the Premier League, the Italian Serie 'A' and the Spanish First Division are ordered primarily on the amount of points gained in a season. But different to the Premier League, Serie 'A' iand the First Division aren't then decided on goal difference. It is instead decided on head-to-head records. This means that the team that has the better record in that season’s game between the two teams will finish higher. After the head-to-head record, the table goes down to goal difference.

XV. How is the German First Division table ordered?

The way the German league is ordered is perhaps the most confusing of the top European leagues. Like always, the league is firstly ordered on the amount of points gained. After, the table is ordered on the amount of goals scored throughout the season. Then the table is ordered on head-to-head results, with the team with the better record finishing higher. If the teams are still level, then the table is sorted by head-to-head goal difference. If, amazingly, the teams are still equal, then the table goes down to another head-to-head, this time the amount of away goals scored against each other. After that, the amount of away goals scored throughout the whole league season, no matter who against, is depended on. Like other leagues, if nothing previous separates the teams, a match is played at a neutral venue, with the winner receiving whatever is one stake. The league table has never gone down as far as the deciding match.

XVI. How is the French Ligue 1 Orange table ordered?

The French Ligue 1 table is ordered very simply. Firstly, the table is decided on the amount of points gained. After that, the table is ordered on the amount of goals scored, which was supposed to encourage attacking play. If teams are still tied, then the table goes down to goal difference.

XVII. Why is Player X so Under-Rated on Football Manager?

If you see something that you think should be different, then please post it in the Data Issues Forum. In there, there are threads for most teams for you to post your advice on issues to do with that respective club. Of course, everyone has different views on certain things, so it isn't certain that your advice will be taken into action. If it isn't acted upon, do not feel offended. Like I said before, no-one has the same views so the researchers cannot make everyone happy.

XVII. Why can't I approach Player X even though his contract is over in six months?

When you're managing a team from, say, England, you are unable to approach to sign players from the same country until 1 month before their contract ends. As an example, if you are managing Liverpool are trying to approach Yakubu from Everton, you will not be able to until one month before his contract ends. You can still approach any players from outside the country you are managing in 6 months before their contract ends.

XIII. What are Affiliated Clubs, and how can I get them?

Most clubs have other clubs that they are affiliated with. Some smaller clubs have Parent Clubs, teams who can loan them players, play an annual friendly, and pay a yearly fee, amongst other things. Having a parent club can be very helpful, as you get to loan players without paying any of their wages.

On the other hand, larger clubs may have feeder clubs. These can be clubs who they have the option to have an exact bid as another one accepted. Players can also be sent on loan to feeder clubs, whether it is for work-permit purposes or for experience.

You can ask your board for another affiliated club, be it a feeder or parent, via the board requests. Your board will either produce a list of teams for you to chose from or reject your request. If your board trust you enough then they may ask for a preference as to the type of feeder club you get. These range from work permit clubs to financial support clubs. I wouldn't recommend using this feature however, as it is more than likely that they will not find a club of the type you specified.

XIX. Can I manage a club and a country at the same time?

Yes, you can. If you are manager of either a club or a country you can accept an offer to manage to other. The same manager cannot manager two clubs or two countries at the same time, but you can add another user into the game which allows you to play as two teams, club or nation, on one save file.

XX. How are fee's over a period of time paid?

When you sign a player for a fee over 24 months, 18 months, 12 months, or 6 months, half the fee is immediately taken from your transfer budget. The rest of the fee is taken out over the said time. Due to this, you must have at least half of the fee paid over a time, as well as everything else included in the transfer. An example is signing Ever Banega for £2mil upfront, £10mil over 24 months, and 25% sell-on. You must have the £2mil upfront and half of the £10mil (£5mil) that you agreed to pay over 24 months. The other £5mil will be paid over 24 months.

XXI. What are updated databases, where can I find them?

An updated database is an unofficial database that is available to download in the Editors Hideaway .

We now have a few users that create them, and they are not hard to find.

They often release them at the start of a transfer window and constantly update them weekly to keep up to date with the latest transfers as they happen.

People often use these when they are awaiting a new release of FM or if they are waiting for third patch which updates the winter transfers.

--

Don't be afraid to ask any questions in this thread!

Right, now a thanks must go out to all these people, as they was all involved somewhere along the line;

aaberdeenn

Wicked Wilson

DiscoStu94

ThE bOmBeR

canvey!!

HoPeY

theincrediblehulk

Jolanthustrel

arsenal_2111 - as a lot of this is still his work!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Player Positions and their Vital Attributes

This is following on from IX. What are the most important stats for various positions?

There are many different types of player roles within the game, and each one has its own set of vital attributes which a player needs to play that role.

Basically, all this part is showing you is everything you can already see in the game already, but for convenience sake, now on the forums as well for reference.

--

Goalkeeper Roles

Goalkeeper (Defend)

Goalkeeping Attributes: Aerial Ability, Command of Area, Handling, One on Ones, Reflexes.

Mental Attributes: Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning.

Physical Attributes: Agility

Sweeper Keeper (Defend, Support, Attack)

Goalkeeping Attributes: Ariel Ability, Command of Area, Eccentricity, Handling, Rushing Out, Reflexes.

Mental Attributes: Composure, Concentration, Creativity, Decisions, Positioning.

Physical Attributes: Acceleration, Agility, Pace

Central Defender Roles

Central Defender (Defend)

Technical Attributes: Heading, Marking, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Composure, Concerntration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning.

Physical Attributes: Jumping, Strength.

Central Defender (Stopper)

Mental Attributes: Bravery, Aggression, Composure, Concerntration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning.

Central Defender (Cover)

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Concerntration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning.

Physical Attributes: Acceleration, Jumping, Strength.

Ball Playing Defender (Defend)

Mental Attributes: Composure, Concerntration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning.

Ball Playing Defender (Stopper)

Mental Attributes: Bravery, Aggression, Composure, Concerntration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning.

Ball Playing Defender (Cover)

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Concerntration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning.

Limited Defender (Defend)

Limited Defender (Stopper)

Limited Defender (Cover)

Full Back & Wing Back Roles

Full Backs (Defend, Support, Attack & Automatic)

Technical Attributes: Crossing, Marking, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Concerntration, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Acceleration, Stamina.

Wing Back (Defend, Support, Attack & Automatic)

Technical Attributes: Crossing, Dribbling, Marking, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Acceleration, Stamina.

Defensive Midfielder Roles

Defensive Midfielder (Defend)

Technical Attributes: Marking, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Concerntration, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Acceleration, Stamina, Strength.

Defensive Midfielder (Support)

Technical Attributes: Marking, Passing, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend)

Technical Attributes: Marking, Passing, Tackling, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork.

Physical Attributes: Strength.

Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Passing, Tackling, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Off The Ball, Positioning, Teamwork.

Anchor Man (Defend)

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Concerntration, Decisions, Dertermination, Positioning, Work Rate.

Central Midfield Roles

Central Midfielder (Defend, Support, Attack)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Marking, Passing, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend)

Technical Attributes: Marking, Passing, Tackling, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork.

Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Passing, Tackling, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Off The Ball, Positioning, Teamwork.

Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend)

Technical Attributes: Marking, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Stamina, Strength.

Ball Winning Midfielder (Support)

Technical Attributes: Marking, Passing, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Box to Box Midfielder (Support)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Heading, Long Shots, Marking, Passing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Bravery, Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Positioning, Work Rate.

Advanced Playmaker (Support)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Long Shots, Passing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Stamina.

Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball, Teamwork.

Wide Midfielder Roles

Wide Midfielder (Defend, Support, Attack & Automatic)

Technical Attributes: Crossing, Passing, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Winger (Support, Attack)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Crossing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball.

Physical Attributes: Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace.

Defensive Winger (Support, Attack)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Crossing, Marking, Tackling, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Pace, Stamina.

Attacking Central Midfielder Roles

Inside Forward (Support)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Long Shots, Passing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball, Teamwork.

Physical Attributes: Pace, Acceleration.

Inside Forward (Attack)

Technical Attributes: Crossing, Dribbling, Finishing, Passing.

Attacking Midfielder (Support)

Physical Attributes: Balance.

Attacking Midfielder (Attack)

Physical Attributes: Acceleration.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Teamwork, Off The Ball.

Trequartista (Attack)

Technical Attributes: Finishing, First Touch, Passing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Creativity, Flair, Off The Ball.

Physical Attributes: Agility.

Winger Roles

Winger (Support, Attack)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Crossing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball.

Physical Attributes: Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace.

Inside Forward (Support)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Long Shots, Passing, Technique.

Inside Forward (Attack)

Technical Attributes: Crossing, Dribbling, Finishing, Passing.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Teamwork, Off The Ball.

Trequartista (Attack)

Defensive Winger (Support, Attack)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Crossing, Marking, Tackling, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Decisions, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Pace, Stamina.

Striker Roles

Deep Lying Forward (Support)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, First Touch, Long Shots, Passing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Creativity, Decisions, Off The Ball, Teamwork.

Deep Lying Forward (Attack)

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Creativity, Decision, Off The Ball.

Physical Attributes: Balance.

Advanced Forward (Attack)

Technical Attributes: Crossing, Dribbling, Finishing, Heading.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Flair, Off The Ball, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Pace.

Target Man (Attack)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Heading, Long Shots.

Mental Attributes: Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Target Man (Attack)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Heading, Finishing.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Bravery, Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Poacher (Attack)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Dribbling, Finishing.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Off The Ball.

Physical Attributes: Agility, Balance, Pace.

Complete Forward (Support,Attack)

Technical Attributes: Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Heading, Long Shots, Passing, Technique.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Teamwork.

Physical Attributes: Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace, Strength.

Defensive Forward (Support)

Technical Attributes: First Touch, Long Shots, Marking, Passing, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Teamwork, Work Rate.

Physical Attributes: Pace, Stamina, Strength.

Defensive Forward (Attack)

Technical Attributes: Finishing, Marking, Tackling.

Mental Attributes: Anticipation, Composure, Off The Ball, Teamwork, Work Rate.

Trequartista (Attack)

Once again Ty another good thread. However and sorry to be picky but you spelt whether wrong.

I didn't... arsenal_2111 did, that was his part I used. :thup:

Wow, great work. That's a proper :thup: at the beginning too :)

Cheers buddy, I really wanted a thumbs up in the opening post.. and a thumbs up is what I got :D!

Excellent Ty, although I would have done a better one to be honest. ;) (joke)

KUTGW.

EDIT: Just a thought, maybe you could add links to the "how to make a good team guide" by arsenal_2111 and "how to make a good player guide" by myself. :thup:

So you didn't even read the thread then? Ha.

They are in 'I'... the very first section.

Placing blame on others, shocking. It should have been your job to fix any previous mistakes! :}

Time to come clean, I thought it was how you spelt it. :o

To be honest... I skim read it.

It is in the first paragraph! Pure laziness!

I am not sure Edgar! You have let me down, poor noticing skills. Your fired.

--

Thanks :thup:, do you have any suggestions for extra FAQ questions that I could put in there?

Not really, some minor irritants about spelling/formatting etc but nothing major, I'm just overly anal when it comes to such things.

One thing in your acronyms section you refer to 'GQ' which changed to 'GD' sometime ago. I know some of us old skoolers still say GQ but it could be confusing to a noob.

Ty, maybe you can add something about finding a thread. You could talk about using the search tool and the links thread. :thup:

Good work, your hired!

Hmm, some of this looks rather familiar...

;)

A lot of it is your work buddy, I just updated a few things. Your credited at the bottom :)

*I also made it look pretty*

A lot of it is your work buddy, I just updated a few things. Your credited at the bottom :)

*I also made it look pretty*

Just incase you didn't see the wink in my post, it wasn't a serious post - and thanks for the credit at the bottom, I had seen that :)

Didn't realise you were posting again! :)

I'm not as frequently as I was before, but yes I am most definitely still around!

Just incase you didn't see the wink in my post

Oh that is a wink, I thougt it was a chinese guy trying to go to the toilent, them guys are always happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm my computer doesn't seem to want to let me take imaages of FM11.

When I press the "Prnt Scr" button it takes a picture of what is running underneath FM, (E.g. it will take an image of this page if I were to try and take an image in FM now), and the "Alt+F9" way of doing things doesn't work either.

Any ideas what I can do to solve this? Suppose it's probablly more of an issue with my computer though........

• 1 month later...

Hi Tyoldinho,i'm managing Liverpool in 2016 seasson,S.Gerrard is 36 year old and i recommended him future staff role as a coach,he said "i could start right away if you want me to" I comfirmed and now he has staff role atributes as well,but when i offer him contract as a coach his agent keeps asking a player contract for Gerrard.What should i do to sign him as a coach?

Hi Tyoldinho,i'm managing Liverpool in 2016 seasson,S.Gerrard is 36 year old and i recommended him future staff role as a coach,he said "i could start right away if you want me to" I comfirmed and now he has staff role atributes as well,but when i offer him contract as a coach his agent keeps asking a player contract for Gerrard.What should i do to sign him as a coach?

You can offer him a player/coach role if you click on the player option.