Seperate Positions Ratings...

Do you want ratings next to positions played.  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want ratings next to positions played.

• Yes i'd love it.
    • Noi don't really see it as useful/important.

As we all know there is an option to check how many times a player has been played in various positions during a season (this i think should be extended to at least two or three seasons but that's another matter). I think it would be a good idea to have a rating next to the position number, probably in brackets to show you how the player has fared in either position. It would be an very interesting tool to have, in one way for simple titilation. In another for an actual serious purpose to see how a player(s) is/are fairing in their positions.

I don't see it being resource hogging and thereofer not slowing down the game much if at all. Furthermore it wouldn't take a lot of new coding as it isn't exactly a revamp or anything.

This and abilty to scout a player for different positions. Like when I scout Pato, instead of saying he is nuts compared to Rooney, it should say he is a potentialy little better than Valencia.

This could also be taken futher into the statistics realm, perhaps having not only his avergae rating for select positions but the goals and assists etc he managed in said position. Or even further, for defensive players tackle's made/attaempted, interceptions, passes etc.

I add this in as i recently have moved a seeminly non-aggressive central/attacking m/f from behind the two strikers into central midfield due to a new acquisition that i wanted to shoe horn into the team for furture progression.

His tackels and interceptions have rocketed jigher than anyone else's who have been in that position, and i have had him there for about 3/4 of a season now. In comparison with the previous holder of the position who was stronger and more inclined to tackle, or the other central midfeidlder who is an actual defensive midfielder.

So this project's stats could be used to unearth the real nature of a player that you cannot deem from simple stats or previuos performances.

Once again i state that real managers have this information to hand so it's not like it's making the game some pathetic attemtp at a football manager game. (No offense CM i know you're trying your hardest...)

This and abilty to scout a player for different positions. Like when I scout Pato, instead of saying he is nuts compared to Rooney, it should say he is a potentialy little better than Valencia.

You can already do this for your own players in the coach report so I don't see why it could not be extended to scout reports too. It can be annoying when you scout for example a DC/DMC and you only get a rating and player comparison for one position, when you would actually want to play him in the other.

You can already do this for your own players in the coach report so I don't see why it could not be extended to scout reports too. It can be annoying when you scout for example a DC/DMC and you only get a rating and player comparison for one position, when you would actually want to play him in the other.

This. It should be included asap.

As long as it does not slow down the game (speed/performance wise) I really like this idea. It would mean you could compare your players performance to a natural position and accomplished in your current formation when you move him around.

Would be good for when you're looking to buy players who can play in a veriety of positions.... granted they have played in vasious pisitions a certain number of times. But if they are at your club already, you should know how well they play

Would be good for when you're looking to buy players who can play in a veriety of positions.... granted they have played in vasious pisitions a certain number of times. But if they are at your club already, you should know how well they play

Yes but as i meantioned some players are complete surprises. There are hige amount of such surprises happening every year in the premierhip when an injury crisis happens and people have to be shoe horned into positions. Take when Arsenal started playing Falmini at left back, a supposed non-player really and he took to the position with relish and excelled hugely at it. Granted it didn't win him the l/b berth but it wom him another defensive one.

I could go on all day quoting such examples. As i also said managers will have this information to hand in real life situtaions. Furthermore they watch the whole game, and i doubt any of us watch more than extended, and most key and the rest just commentary. So he would be able to see if a player is adaptable in certain positions he wouldn't otherwise dream of playing him in. This becomes even more important when you think how grabbing a goal would increase a players end game rating but even if he played badly, this and many other cases means that, without being able to watch the whole match we need a stat like this. Moreover even a more detailed version like i suggested a few posts back.

Also in some ways this feature, for me anyway, would be for turning players into different types of players who play in different positions having bought them.

This. It should be included asap.

As long as it does not slow down the game (speed/performance wise) I really like this idea. It would mean you could compare your players performance to a natural position and accomplished in your current formation when you move him around.

I really doubt that this would add any extract strain on the rigg you currently use. If any strain at all. It's a hugely important part of improvements to FM, hence why they still have a 2D classic version for those of use who cannot afford a new maschine.

Well there's a huge amount of registered users who have yet to vote. This could be because they don't care, however it is most likely for many that they didn't see the thread, meant to vote but got caught up in some bitch fight in another thread (you know what this place is like, your above quiote proves it) and forgot about, they simply plain forgot about it, their internet went down...i could go on all day with many varied reasons as to why they might not have voted and it is therefore a good idea to canvas properly. To add the last and most important one, if you take things to the "Wishlist" the FIRST THING THEY ASK FOR is a thorough survey. This survey so far is not thorough or complete.

If you have anything useful to add i'd ask you to please contribute something useful. If all you have is bile to spill into threads then feel free to pick another and let lose. I'm sorry you need to be so abrasive over the internet when real life clearly gets you down so much <3 :)

Well there's a huge amount of registered users who have yet to vote. This could be because they don't care, however it is most likely for many that they didn't see the thread, meant to vote but got caught up in some bitch fight in another thread (you know what this place is like, your above quiote proves it) and forgot about, they simply plain forgot about it, their internet went down...i could go on all day with many varied reasons as to why they might not have voted and it is therefore a good idea to canvas properly. To add the last and most important one, if you take things to the "Wishlist" the FIRST THING THEY ASK FOR is a thorough survey. This survey so far is not thorough or complete.

If you have anything useful to add i'd ask you to please contribute something useful. If all you have is bile to spill into threads then feel free to pick another and let lose. I'm sorry you need to be so abrasive over the internet when real life clearly gets you down so much <3 :)

Very quick to judge people and shoot them down aren't you? Not the first time I've seen it from you, which is a shame because this is actually a good idea (I voted no because of your attitude) and some of the other things you've posted have had merit, you just spoil it with posts like this. :thdn:

Very quick to judge people and shoot them down aren't you? Not the first time I've seen it from you, which is a shame because this is actually a good idea (I voted no because of your attitude) and some of the other things you've posted have had merit, you just spoil it with posts like this. :thdn:

If you can't take freedom of speech, especially after i had been attacked sarcastically unnecessarily by some random, who had no ground upon which to be so sarcastic and cutting then i don't want your vote. Furthermore if you are the kind of superficial person, your current assessment of this situation showing you are (not being able to see the initial sarcastic attack upon me etc) who votes no because of people's attitudes then you're either 15 or just stupid.

If i angrily campaigned for world peace would you vote no?

P.S. Grow a thicker skin you're going to need it when you live outside.

If you can't take freedom of speech, especially after i had been attacked sarcastically unnecessarily by some random, who had no ground upon which to be so sarcastic and cutting then i don't want your vote. Furthermore if you are the kind of superficial person, your current assessment of this situation showing you are (not being able to see the initial sarcastic attack upon me etc) who votes no because of people's attitudes then you're either 15 or just stupid.

If i angrily campaigned for world peace would you vote no?

P.S. Grow a thicker skin you're going to need it when you live outside.

Congratulations on being the latest addition to my ignore list :thup:

Very judgmental aren't you. My age is in my profile and you're clearly see I'm older than 15. Maybe you need to try and act the age your profile states rather than crying like a little girl.

I was trying to give you constructive advice on how to not wind people up when you are seeking support, but I shan't bother again.

P.S. Don't you think the bolded part in your quote is a tad ironic?

Take care :thdn:

Brilliant i love people who can't take the truth then cop out and put me on their ignore list. Ignore lists are well known bastions of people who can't take a real discuaaion or debate. Aka chicken losers.

I love people who think I've already got round to 'ignoring' them and then slate me in a post. Your location pic of 'keep on trolling' kinda sums you up. You have an issue with me you can PM me, but you need to do yourself a favour and drop the attitude. Otherwise it won't just be me ignoring you, it'll be everyone.

Ignore lists are not bastions for people who can't take debate, they are for people who really can't be bothered with the inane witterings of some keyboard hero who thinks he's something special. You're not.

So far only 80 people have voted, i'm not sure quite how many the Whislist people need but it'l definitely be more than that. Having said that they might only be interested in proportional representation, in which case this is a closed case.

Cmon people make your judgements. This feature could be epic win, and i mean the epic kind that is made out of half defrosted vanilla vienetta with a small jug of butterscotch sauce on the side. And no, not that gloopy kinda shop baught bitterscotch but the real butterscotch sauce that melts in your mouth and doesn't stick in there like an over sugared lump.

Last 7 posts are by you. Please stop bumping this.

As you can see by the fact five more votes were logged and two post it's not simple brainless bumping. Furthermore i have been instructed more votes are needed for it to be passed as an idea.

So, basically shush, k thanks.

It's a fairly good idea, but it's nothing special. If I was that interested in signing a player for a specific position, I would just sign someone for that position, rather than check to see how well someone could adapt to it. I tend to use players in "Natural" positions as much as possible, so this wouldn't really concern me.

That said, it isn't something that I'd care about being in the game, and if it would benefit people, then that is enough reason for it to be in the game.

Also, if it takes 7 bumps for another 2 posts, it isn't really worth it. My guess would be that this isn't a topic of serious concern for SI to want to put in the game, and that is being represented in the fact that not many people have voted either way. If they decide to put it in, fine, if not, also fine.

What the hell do you want now Harry? It's a good idea, so what now? Bumping it and spamming to have more recognition for it? Post it in the wishlist thread and provide link to this thread. And don't bother us anymore with it.

It's a fairly good idea, but it's nothing special. If I was that interested in signing a player for a specific position, I would just sign someone for that position, rather than check to see how well someone could adapt to it. I tend to use players in "Natural" positions as much as possible, so this wouldn't really concern me.

That said, it isn't something that I'd care about being in the game, and if it would benefit people, then that is enough reason for it to be in the game.

Also, if it takes 7 bumps for another 2 posts, it isn't really worth it. My guess would be that this isn't a topic of serious concern for SI to want to put in the game, and that is being represented in the fact that not many people have voted either way. If they decide to put it in, fine, if not, also fine.

What the hell do you want now Harry? It's a good idea, so what now? Bumping it and spamming to have more recognition for it? Post it in the wishlist thread and provide link to this thread. And don't bother us anymore with it.

Good posts boys :thup:

Face it Harry, its a decent idea but its not exactly DLR is it? It aint going to blow anyone away.

Also I'm fairly sure its already on the wishlist from early in FM10's release so its not even as if you're the first.

In the positions screen it would be good to see the ave rating under the position.

It might also be good to see appearances / goals / assists too.

Yar that's exactly where i had thought of having it. If you ask me you don't want to clutter up the main player profile screen anymore...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived