What more have I got do!?

First of all, I'll give a brief summary of what I've achieved at my club (Liverpool).

I'm currently at the beginning of the 2013/14 season. Over the last 6 seasons, I have won (in terms of trophies);

-5 Premiership Titles (Currently 3 in a row)

-2 FA Cups

-3 Champions Leagues

-1 Uefa Cup

-2 Club World Championships

-2 European Super Cups

-5 Community Shields

You'd think that surely this would be enough to rightly solidify my place on the clubs favoured personell list? Not only did I end the clubs 18 year wait for a domestic trophy, I have gone on to firmly establish the club has the nations best team, both on the pitch in terms of performance and off the pitch in terms of finance. And yet, I'm still not on the list. Hmm.

But it doesn't end there. I recently signed a new Goalkeeper, Marchelo Grohe, and gave him his debut against Manchester United (A) in the first league game of the season. He played well and got an 8 rating. But that single 8 rating was enough to gain his status on the list? How can he possibly be added to it after ONE decent game?

What more have I got to do? Resign and make them realise how good a job I did?

First of all, I'll give a brief summary of what I've achieved at my club (Liverpool).

I'm currently at the beginning of the 2013/14 season. Over the last 6 seasons, I have won (in terms of trophies);

-2 FA Cups

-3 Champions Leagues

-1 Uefa Cup

-2 European Super Cups

-5 Community Shields

You'd think that surely this would be enough to rightly solidify my place on the clubs favoured personell list? Not only did I end the clubs 18 year wait for a domestic trophy, I have gone on to firmly establish the club has the nations best team, both on the pitch in terms of performance and off the pitch in terms of finance. And yet, I'm still not on the list. Hmm.

But it doesn't end there. I recently signed a new Goalkeeper, Marchelo Grohe, and gave him his debut against Manchester United (A) in the first league game of the season. He played well and got an 8 rating. But that single 8 rating was enough to gain his status on the list? How can he possibly be added to it after ONE decent game?

What more have I got to do? Resign and make them realise how good a job I did?

I'm currently at Man Utd in season 2025/26 and I've won even more that you have but i still don't get on the list.

It doesn't bother me too much i it would be nice to feel loved after all the hard work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gerrardsrightfoot:

But it doesn't end there. I recently signed a new Goalkeeper, Marchelo Grohe, and gave him his debut against Manchester United (A) in the first league game of the season. He played well and got an 8 rating. But that single 8 rating was enough to gain his status on the list? How can he possibly be added to it after ONE decent game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One word: Hilario. >_>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggfwiedwice:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gerrardsrightfoot:

But it doesn't end there. I recently signed a new Goalkeeper, Marchelo Grohe, and gave him his debut against Manchester United (A) in the first league game of the season. He played well and got an 8 rating. But that single 8 rating was enough to gain his status on the list? How can he possibly be added to it after ONE decent game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One word: Hilario. >_> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another word: huh?

I noticed Liverpool have got a German defender who's been there around a year and a half with an average rating of 6.82 in his 1st year (22 starts) and 6.62 the second on the favoured personnel list, he's not a bad player but not amazing. He has a spirited personality, but still? I'll sum it up in one word: Scousers icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirty1982dec:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggfwiedwice:

One word: Hilario. >_> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another word: huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea goalkeeper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chelsea goalkeeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and...?

I dont think you ever get on that list tbh. Its not all that important though IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chelsea goalkeeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and...?

I dont think you ever get on that list tbh. Its not all that important though IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He made Chelsea fans orgasm on his debut and became quite the fan favourite.

Perhaps getting on the favourites list is to do with reputation, i.e. it is more difficult to get on a higher-rep team's favourites (e.g. Liverpool) than a lower-rep team's favourites (e.g. Barnet & Harrogate) - I would certainly see that as logical.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> He made Chelsea fans orgasm on his debut and became quite the fan favourite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd hardly say fan favourite LOL icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

and...?

I dont think you ever get on that list tbh. Its not all that important though IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He made Chelsea fans orgasm on his debut and became quite the fan favourite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He kept a clean sheet against what was on the night a fairly poor Barcelona side. Hardly orgasmic and he's hardly a fan favourite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> He made Chelsea fans orgasm on his debut and became quite the fan favourite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd hardly say fan favourite LOL icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cult hero tbh. Plenty of clubs have them, and they are usually players of somewhat limited ability who the fans like for some unfathomable reason. Although it's usually because they're hard working.

Examples include John Pantsil at West Ham (and Samassi Abou for that matter) who, let's be fair, is of limited skill, but we love him when he comes on! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">focus on winning more and avoiding the confidence bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was fixed in the 802 patch? Doesn't really seem to be a problem with me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Perhaps getting on the favourites list is to do with reputation, i.e. it is more difficult to get on a higher-rep team's favourites (e.g. Liverpool) than a lower-rep team's favourites (e.g. Barnet & Harrogate) - I would certainly see that as logical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So then if it's more difficult why is Grohe on the list after just one 8 performance? I can understand what you're saying but the logic clearly isn't there. Like I said previously, in comparison it's laughable that he is on the list and I am not.

I realise it's nothing to be concerned about and I don't want to make a big fuss, but it seems to be a slightly flawed system in my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GillsMan:

I'd hardly say fan favourite LOL icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cult hero tbh. Plenty of clubs have them, and they are usually players of somewhat limited ability who the fans like for some unfathomable reason. Although it's usually because they're hard working.

Examples include John Pantsil at West Ham (and Samassi Abou for that matter) who, let's be fair, is of limited skill, but we love him when he comes on! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The real cult hero at Chelsea is Belletti. Not a fantastic player by any means, but hes loved for three reasons:

1) This

2) This

3) And this

I quite like Kalou as well. He's crap, but often pops up with a goal after doing nothing all game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

He kept a clean sheet against what was on the night a fairly poor Barcelona side. Hardly orgasmic and he's hardly a fan favourite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said it was, I said the fans found it orgasmic.

Sheesh I didn't know my comment would be Serious Business. Picked apart more than a chicken carcass.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

He kept a clean sheet against what was on the night a fairly poor Barcelona side. Hardly orgasmic and he's hardly a fan favourite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said it was, I said the fans found it orgasmic.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, we didn't. More releived that he didn't spectacularly f**k up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cult hero tbh. Plenty of clubs have them, and they are usually players of somewhat limited ability who the fans like for some unfathomable reason. Although it's usually because they're hard working.

Examples include John Pantsil at West Ham (and Samassi Abou for that matter) who, let's be fair, is of limited skill, but we love him when he comes on! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Arsenal's cult hero would be...... Zinedine Cygan icon_biggrin.gif

I only won the League Cup with Chelsea (over Blackburn) while I was 5th in the league during my first season in charge with an automatic reputation. I'd just been knocked out of the first knockout round in the Champions Cup (AC Milan) the previous match. Immediately after the win, I made it on Chelsea's favored list despite transferring out Cech, Carvalho, Wright-Phillips, Obi-Mikel, Ferreira, a scout, and a GK coach and replacing them with absolutely no one during the first transfer window.

I am surprised that they weren't chanting Jose's name during the match (like they did during the Chelsea v. Arsenal match this weekend). icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ive done long term games, 10+ seaons with ac milan & coventry, won loads of trophys, made lots of money etc, and did not get on to clubs fav personnel.

But on my dortmund file, just im middle of 3rd season, and im on the clubs fav personnel, all i have won so far is: 1X league, 1X Uefa cup, 1X Uefa super cup & 1X German league cup. - but the board nearly have always said that they are extaxtic (sp) when i have won finals - maybe that helped?

or Could it be anything to do with clubs/leagues reputation?

-2 FA Cups

-3 Champions Leagues

-1 Uefa Cup

-2 European Super Cups

-5 Community Shields

What more have I got to do? Resign and make them realise how good a job I did? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't feel too bad. In FM06 I had a career with Arsenal, spanning around 25 seasons, in which I won 18 league titles straight, and just about everything else to come with it, and I STILL wasn't on there for more than a few months. icon_frown.gif

Also, in FM08, I took Knockbreda FC of Lower League N. Ireland to season after season of domestic dominance, winning 20+ titles in a row, and ALLLLL of the domestic titles, Also got to Champs League group stages on a number of occasions, and gave the club a real name. Yet I wasn't on fave person list. icon_confused.gif

On a different note, When I left Knockbreda, my Ass Man "Ricky Burns" took over the club, and was INSTANTLY put on the list, and I took over another newly promoted team, (Tandragee) and I too was instantly put on the list for them. (Literally, the day I signed the contract I was up there, and haven't gone since)

So a bit of explanation as to how you are awarded this, would be nice. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived