Youth Team Nationalities

The Nationality of the club and the league your playing in have nothing to do with the nationality of the regens. For Example Cardiff City are listed as an English club because they play in the English Championship, but ALL their regens are Welsh because their stadium (Ninnian Park) is in Cardiff (Wales)

Facilities don't make any difference either, you could have the best or the worst facilities and the nationality of your regens will be the same.

99% of your regens will have their Nationality the same as your Stadium's location, but you do get the odd one who is a foreigner, and this might have something to do with Feeder clubs/Scouting. I say "might" as one time I got a Russian regen in my youth setup despite having no Russian feeder clubs and no russian scouting knowledge

Thats great thanks, someone told me that it was the coaches nationalities but those listed above seem far more sensible.

Staff nationalities affects your knowledge, perhaps that's what they meant. I.e. if you have 3 coaches and one is from Portugal and the other two are from Spain, but you're from England, you will add some Portuguese and Spanish knowledge to your manager profile.

The Nationality of the club and the league your playing in have nothing to do with the nationality of the regens. For Example Cardiff City are listed as an English club because they play in the English Championship, but ALL their regens are Welsh because their stadium (Ninnian Park) is in Cardiff (Wales)

Facilities don't make any difference either, you could have the best or the worst facilities and the nationality of your regens will be the same.

99% of your regens will have their Nationality the same as your Stadium's location, but you do get the odd one who is a foreigner, and this might have something to do with Feeder clubs/Scouting. I say "might" as one time I got a Russian regen in my youth setup despite having no Russian feeder clubs and no russian scouting knowledge

I don't agree with a majority of this, in my FC Bayern game my youth team has produced Polish, Turkish, Austrian, Swiss, Brazilian and Northern Irish newgens.

I don't agree with a majority of this, in my FC Bayern game my youth team has produced Polish, Turkish, Austrian, Swiss, Brazilian and Northern Irish newgens.

German clubs get quite a few Polish and Turkish regens. I think it's hardcoded into the game.

i think its got something to do with the fact that englands a island..so maybe thats why the majority are the local nationalities..

clubs in germany would get a few polish regens because the two countries are neighbours...and vice-versa

German clubs get quite a few Polish and Turkish regens. I think it's hardcoded into the game.

Also Scandanavian clubs get regens from each others countries, due to the "hardcoding". Espicially Finnish clubs, Swedish regens are always popping up in my HJK youth team, but this was still due soley to the fact of their stadium location, as one time I went on the editor and changed HJK's stadium to Wembely and all their regens were English

I got alot more variance in FM07, i prefered it, I was at a Scottish club and got English/Scottish and some random ones to do with my coaches i assumed, being Spanish, French and German.

In FM08 at the same club and in 2016 I still only get Scottish, I got one from a different nationality that I cant remember now, but its somewhere random.

you need to play through about 50 seasons before truly random ones pop up. i once had a English/Nigerian/Australian/Israeli. It was in 2192 though.

LOL! The athleticsm of an african, the battling spirit of an Aussie, the football know-how of an English man and the...ah...smell? of an Israeli.

jsollo. I've never had a single African player promoted through the youth system.

I've just noticed that you seem to have made a comment on most of the top 50 threads in GQ.

Just so you know, nobody really cares about post count, so really you aren't doing yourself any favours by getting your post count up.

Maybe just reading a lot and commenting on certain threads where you have a particular opinion on the subject might be more appropriate than commenting 1 line on every single thread in the forum.

YOu usually end up with entire teams of Africans for some reason. Is FM suggesting a lot of Africans will arrive in Britain?

Well in all honesty Africans will become the next South Americans in world football. They are usually naturally talented athletes and because a lot of Africans live in poverty and most African nations are 3rd world countries young africans don't have the luxuries of other nations. So whilst the rest of the world youths are playing as their favourite teams and players on computer games African kids are actually practicing their skills. A lot of superstar south americans came from hard backgrounds where the best thing they had was football.

I believe it also depends on where you play a preseason tour. On one game I had very little knowledge of Asia and had a small tour of Singapore just before the end of season update and I got a Singaporean through the youth ranks.

Also on my current game Ive noticed random nationalities as I have a Chillean/San Marinese player.

Also Scandanavian clubs get regens from each others countries, due to the "hardcoding". Espicially Finnish clubs, Swedish regens are always popping up in my HJK youth team, but this was still due soley to the fact of their stadium location, as one time I went on the editor and changed HJK's stadium to Wembely and all their regens were English

I never knowing this and now it makes perfect sense with your testing.

So may be it comes with:

1. 80% base on stadium location

2. 15% hardcode (Polish in German clubs etc...)

3. 5% random

Something like this?

What's also interesting is that all my HJK regens spoke English when they first appeared on the game, then went on to learn Finnish.

The regens start with the language of where the club stadium is based, and after a while learns the language of the league they are playing in.

Based on my 200 year holiday game in England, about 75-80% of total regens were only of English nationality. Obviously the Welsh clubs had default Welsh regens because of their stadium locations. Most of the rest were British, with a few with African, Scandinavian, or other second nationalities. A small number of regens (less than 1%) were based on staff nationalities/scouting knowledge, even though as the game went on, more staffs had foreigners. Other EU nationalities were most common out of that bunch.

Well in all honesty Africans will become the next South Americans in world football. They are usually naturally talented athletes and because a lot of Africans live in poverty and most African nations are 3rd world countries young africans don't have the luxuries of other nations. So whilst the rest of the world youths are playing as their favourite teams and players on computer games African kids are actually practicing their skills. A lot of superstar south americans came from hard backgrounds where the best thing they had was football.

That was said more than 20 years ago. But nothing has changed.

That was said more than 20 years ago. But nothing has changed.

20 years ago south america was very poor like Africa. They are still not the richest countries in te world but in general south americans are much better off. The only thing stopping africa from dominating world football is instability.

The regens start with the language of where the club stadium is based, and after a while learns the language of the league they are playing in.

I don't quite understand this as the Walker Stadium is English and so is the leaque! Do some teams play in stadiums outside their county?

The Nationality of the club and the league your playing in have nothing to do with the nationality of the regens.

99% of your regens will have their Nationality the same as your Stadium's location,

Wrong

(unless data in DB is wrong)

Chester City's Stadium is in wales - yet the majority of their regens are english.

Haven't checked in the DB, but i assume it would be accurate (feel free to correct me :D ) if this is the case then location of stadium is not the controllling factor.

it is a very simple question.almost all of the kids of the club who are U15 or U12 or...have been in the database of fm.

as soon as they are 16/17 years old,they will apear in your youth team

how does that answer the question of their nationality?!

at Liverpool, i think i have had a few non-british players come through the ranks, and they were pretty random. i could understand getting a Swedish player, as my youth team coach is swedish. but, if memory serves, through all the different saves i've played with them, i've had: German, Icelandic, Swedish, French, Faeroese and one was hong kong/english.

i do have staff that match most of them, apart from iceland and faeroe islands, and dont have feeders there either, although i do havea full knowledge bar in scouting for Scandinavia....

how does that answer the question of their nationality?!

at Liverpool, i think i have had a few non-british players come through the ranks, and they were pretty random. i could understand getting a Swedish player, as my youth team coach is swedish. but, if memory serves, through all the different saves i've played with them, i've had: German, Icelandic, Swedish, French, Faeroese and one was hong kong/english.

i do have staff that match most of them, apart from iceland and faeroe islands, and dont have feeders there either, although i do havea full knowledge bar in scouting for Scandinavia....

big club ie Milan has many youth camps all over the world. in FIFA manager you can see them,but in FM there arent,but foreign players can be still join in the club.hope helps

it is a very simple question.almost all of the kids of the club who are U15 or U12 or...have been in the database of fm.

as soon as they are 16/17 years old,they will apear in your youth team

big club ie Milan has many youth camps all over the world. in FIFA manager you can see them,but in FM there arent,but foreign players can be still join in the club.hope helps

I'm not sure you understand the question.

1/ No players Under 14 (?) are in the database, so any youth are generated from scratch. They don't appear from the db.

2/ We aren't asking why it would happen IRL - we are asking what controls the nationality in the game - FM does not include youth camps from around the world.

In answer to the OP my experience has shown me the following;

The primary control on youth nationality is the country within which your club is based. As mentioned earlier i don't believe the location of your stadium is a primary control.

There are some countries where the nationality of youth may vary - e.g. in UK you will get english, welsh and scottish youth, in germany you will get german, turk and polish youth etc etc - for a definitive list of these you'll have to ask someone else.

The secondary control on youth nationality is scouting knowledge. This can be derived from scouts, non-scouting staff, feeder clubs and the managers natoinality. This will mean, if i am an english club, with an argentine feeder and a brazilian ass-man - the chances of me getting a south american (any nationality) youth player are higher.

However it is still predominantly random. Knowledge only increases the chance of a particular nationality appearing - it is still possible that a completely random nationality will appear - there are many examples of this in real life - where a player is merely residing in the country (for whatever reason) and plays for the local team (bangoura and calvin zola spring to mind).

Facilities have no control over the nationality of youth - they will generally produce higher PA youth players and help those players achieve their CAs more quickly.

Wrong

Chester City's Stadium is in wales.

I live 10 mins from the stadium. The stadium is partially locatred in Wales, but the club offices are completly in England, so the club is officially located in England.

I live 10 mins from the stadium. The stadium is partially locatred in Wales, but the club offices are completly in England, so the club is officially located in England.

I, as paul, was talking about stadium location, i'm quite aware the club offices are in england, otherwise chester city would be a welsh club.

The only relevant area for debate is whether the stadium is located in england or wales in the db. If it is in england, then paul may be correct that stadium location is the primary control on youth nationality.

I'm not sure you understand the question.

1/ No players Under 14 (?) are in the database, so any youth are generated from scratch. They don't appear from the db.

2/ We aren't asking why it would happen IRL - we are asking what controls the nationality in the game - FM does not include youth camps from around the world.

1. Some people say that they use tools to look for the players in the database and find some kids only 6 years old.I think they are the players who i mentioned.

2. FM is based on real life.if milan has a youth camp in Switzerland,milan's youth team is likely to have a player whose nationality is Switzerland. but i cant find the things like youth camps in database.it is all my guess.

Wrong

Chester City's Stadium is in wales - yet the majority of their regens are english.

Haven't checked in the DB, but i assume it would be accurate (feel free to correct me :D ) if this is the case then location of stadium is not the controllling factor.

Chester's club office are in England. I would hazard a guess (as I'm at work) that the Deva Stadium is set to be in Chester (in the editor), which is in England.

1. Some people say that they use tools to look for the players in the database and find some kids only 6 years old.I think they are the players who i mentioned.

2. FM is based on real life.if milan has a youth camp in Switzerland,milan's youth team is likely to have a player whose nationality is Switzerland. but i cant find the things like youth camps in database.it is all my guess.

1/ Is incorrect - different youth players come through every time even if you replay the same season. I would be utterly astounded if someone from SI came in here and confirmed they have 6 year olds modelled in the game and in the database.

2/ Is also incorrect - there are no worldwide youth camps modelled in FM - whether this is something SI should look to include in the future is another matter for another thread.

Feel free to correct me with some evidence, i will similarly appologise if SI correct me, but i firmly believe you are mis-informed.

Chester's club office are in England. I would hazard a guess (as I'm at work) that the Deva Stadium is set to be in Chester (in the editor), which is in England.

I don't currently have FM08 installed so if someone could provide an answer it would be useful :D

After thinking about it you are probably right, for all purposes it is probably easier for SI to set the Deva Stadium as in Chester than mess around with the whole wales business.

If this is the case then i retract my previous point, paulmatthewbrowne could well be right.

1/ Is incorrect - different youth players come through every time even if you replay the same season. I would be utterly astounded if someone from SI came in here and confirmed they have 6 year olds modelled in the game and in the database.

2/ Is also incorrect - there are no worldwide youth camps modelled in FM - whether this is something SI should look to include in the future is another matter for another thread.

Feel free to correct me with some evidence, i will similarly appologise if SI correct me, but i firmly believe you are mis-informed.

If you save the game when the season summary appears, and keep reloading, you will get different youth graduates each time.

Archived