Make My Decision For me!

How should I continue my game?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. How should I continue my game?

• Stick with FC Bayern and try to win the UCL
    • Resign and get a job with a big team in one of the big leagues
    • Resign and get a get a job with another team in another one of the smaller leagues
    • Start over in 2007 with a big team

Here is the story. I am in 2015 with Bayern and I have never been able to win the Champions League although coming close on almost a yearly basis, but I am becoming bored as I win all of the other in Germany easily.

What should I do to rejuvenate some life into my game before FM 09 comes out? Vote in the poll above.

You've been there for 8 years so far - stick at it, it takes time for even the best managers to win the Champions League.

It took Fergie over a decade (13yrs?) to win his first with Man Yoo.

Mind you - Rafa did it in one! :D

You seem to look for a new challenge. So leave Bayern. Big teams in other leagues are just the same challenge with different players.

So go for a real challenge and take a smaller team to the top, whereever (maybe stay in Germany as it is rather easy, if you like quick success). :)

(maybe stay in Germany as it is rather easy, if you like quick success). :)

Disagree with you there jayahr. It's very difficult to break Bayern's strangle hold on the Bundesliga, expecially if you leave them stronger than they are at the beginning of the game.

Disagree with you there jayahr. It's very difficult to break Bayern's strangle hold on the Bundesliga, expecially if you leave them stronger than they are at the beginning of the game.

In my games they usually drop way more than ever expected irl (current rl struggles seen as temporary only).

However, of course also depending on how far down you start off, I find it rather easy to achieve constant CL participation in Germany. I didn't mean you'll necessarily become champions too soon, especially after you yourself handled bayern better than the AI would have before.

In my games they usually drop way more than ever expected irl (current rl struggles seen as temporary only).

However, of course also depending on how far down you start off, I find it rather easy to achieve constant CL participation in Germany. I didn't mean you'll necessarily become champions too soon, especially after you yourself handled bayern better than the AI would have before.

Well I suppose one of the problems in my game was that I had managed to create a balance of about £300m and rarely spent much money so when I left they had a fortune to spend and have created an immense team, that my poorly VFB (average age of 20) are struggling to topple.

If it makes you any happier, I'm currently playing HSV and fighting with VfB for the title, far ahead of Bayern (in the first season :eek:) ;)

How far into the season are you? Top teams drifting around 7th at Christmas and then going on a mental winning streak and lifting the league title is a regular occurance in my game.

Glamdring, the worst thing about your debt is that Mario Gomez caused it :p Ouch!

How on earth did you get £300m in the bank? How many years in were you?

I have two saves, one where I left Bayern in 2015 and one where I still manage them in 2024. I have more than £300m in the 2024 game :p I operate a number of strange rules in my game though, and this helps me build up a lot of money that will never get spent. I have a wage structure and no player is on more than £45k and the most i've ever spent on a player £9.75m, the second highest transfer spent is only £7.5m so i'm rich because i'm stingey.

How far into the season are you? Top teams drifting around 7th at Christmas and then going on a mental winning streak and lifting the league title is a regular occurance in my game.

Glamdring, the worst thing about your debt is that Mario Gomez caused it :p Ouch!

Aye, although that on its own we could have coped with. It's piling a £152 million loan for a new stadium that I didn't want (they're going to turn my lovely Weserstadion into a supermarket :() with monthly repayments of over 2 million on top of the Mario Gomez(:mad:) fiasco that is starting to cripple us and we won't be seeing any increase in income from the new stdium for another 18 months yet and even then ticket prices are dirt cheap in Germany anyway. I doubt I'll play that game another 18 months anyway though so it doesn't really matter!

I have two saves, one where I left Bayern in 2015 and one where I still manage them in 2024. I have more than £300m in the 2024 game :p I operate a number of strange rules in my game though, and this helps me build up a lot of money that will never get spent. I have a wage structure and no player is on more than £45k and the most i've ever spent on a player £9.75m, the second highest transfer spent is only £7.5m so i'm rich because i'm stingey.

Oooh! But Diego is on £45.5k for me at Bremen...I'd have to sell him if I played by your mean-spirited greedy Munich anti-Diego rules!! :rolleyes::thdn:

Oh, just in the winter break. That winning streak however would really need to be mental if they or Bremen wanted to come back.

Archived