Do fullbacks need to be good at heading? Quick reply needed please

I play a formation with very atacking fullbacks and have found a regen that has wicked attacking stats and some great defensive ones aswell. The trouble is his jumping and heading is awful with both at 3. How important is heading and jumping for fullbacks?

I play with them on a very attacking mentality and long farrows up the pitch think I might look elsewhere although doubt there is anyone around of his quality. How does someone even have 3 for jumping that must mean he barely leaves the floor lol.

No, I don't bother as they need other stats. They're the only players in my teams that don't need heading and jumping, and this frees them up (CA wise) for more crucial things. Because again, we're not talking about "Is having heading at all worthwhile?". Of course it is. But if there are tradeoffs to be made, heading for fullbacks is definitely one of them. Nonetheless, if they are really poor headers make sure you have them defend set pieces properly and get the right players to do the marking instead.

I know this post would be better off in the good players guide but would this guy be any good as an attacking wingback scouts say he can improve alot yet so can his physical stats go up.

brockerwt9.jpg

brockerwt9.4f88e6defb.jpg

Sorry if this is not the place to put this. He has bad heading and jumping and low speed but surely he can improve those? What do you think?

mate that wud actually b pointless in good player/team guide cos its in 2015 and hes a regen, so no1 else in the world will get that guy in their game!

but he looks fantastic, just depends on how wide you play and your defensive set-piece instructions

I reckon if you can find someone with the PPM "Prefers to pass rather than shoot" to train him with (he's a little old though, might have missed your chance) this guy would be deadly as an attacking midfielder.

I'd probably only buy him to train him up and sell him on for profit + percentage. His bravery means a few teams could shut him out pretty well. Doesn't look like he has a hope in scoring either.

His finishing is awful I will give him ago and see if I can sell him on for a decent profit if he doesnt play well. It annoys me how many talented regens come through on the game that lack just a couple of attributes in the right places.

too slow - I can understand a FB being immensely fast and having poor jumping, or a bit slow and having good jumping - but not a combination of bad jumping and a lack of pace. I find one of the easiest ways to be caught out is where the oppo have the ball out wide, players are dragged across too far, leaving space for a deep cross to the opposition's opposite winger. A FB with either pace or heading has a good chance of cutting this out. One with neither does not.

I would retrain him as a DM or maybe an ML. I would say physical attributes are crucial for DMs in england, but on the Continent slightly less so.

I play a formation with very atacking fullbacks and have found a regen that has wicked attacking stats and some great defensive ones aswell. The trouble is his jumping and heading is awful with both at 3. How important is heading and jumping for fullbacks?

no not really in the center of defence yes because in the center if a players has **** heading he could head it in the path of an other player who could score.for a full back tackling is key,pace but heading is not key as long as they can tackle and have pace.

I play with attacking fullbacks and I would buy him, my fullbacks dont need to be good on the header cause my CBs stay back all the time.

My full backs can drop the ball on my target mans head from half way, and by his stats looks like he could do the same.

Only draw back is hes a bit slow, but with high stats in crossing and dribbling I think he will be good on the ball going up the wing. Also hardworkers/teamworkers are awesome.

Could his pace and acceleration be improved through training or is he too old to improve those stats now.

he is probably too old but he might go up a point or too. Give him an intense preseason (physical training) and see if this helps

He'll be a great attacking full back, just have him bomb forwards constanty and he will do damage, his pace/acc are less imprtant because he's a GOD at dribbling and crossing (has generally awesome ball skills), he doesn't NEED to run in behind opposing full backs, he'll get crosses in from everywhere (I think you'll find he'll cross from deep often and well).

Archived