Your assistant man. believes that player x would be a good signing. how does he know?

howcomeoo1.jpg

I personally use this option all the time. I check free transfers, see what my assistant thinks of them and offer contracts. But this I find unreal. All his attributes are hidden, my board won't allow me to send scouts to Italy, but somehow my assistant believes that he would be a good signing. Is my assistant using some third party software?

Yeah, if needed, I delay the transfer, so I can fully scout the player before completing the transfer. Useful when doing summer-shopping after promotion, when you need to bring in a lot of players and don't have a lot of transfer money.

The assistant (and coaches) base their assessment of the CA statistic of the player. It is a key way of finding out the true quality of your players. Disregard him at your peril.

Combine the assistant reports with your own judgement of his attributes and form when choosing players.

The assistant (and coaches) base their assessment of the CA statistic of the player. It is a key way of finding out the true quality of your players. Disregard him at your peril.

Combine the assistant reports with your own judgement of his attributes and form when choosing players.

Isn't it based on reputation?

The assistant manager (game) should take into consideration the amount of information (player attributes) available/unavailable and based on that: (a) give you an assessment like he does at the moment, or (b) say that not enough information is available to make an adequat assessment at the moment, further scouting is needed or something like that. that would fix it.

I've only ever signed one player, without seeing his stats fully. He was patricio rodriguez,a and the gamble completely paid off. My asst man, said he should be a definite purchase, so despite being vaued at 90k, i paid 1M for him. He ran the CCC ragged, and i sold him for 10M at the end of the season.

I don't really care about the player. :)

I think my assistant manager shouldn't know whether he's a good signing or not. He's just some random guy, how the heck can he tell me that, he doesn't know anything about the guy. If he did, then it should reflect in unhidden attributes.

I think my assistant manager shouldn't know whether he's a good signing or not. He's just some random guy, how the heck can he tell me that, he doesn't know anything about the guy. If he did, then it should reflect in unhidden attributes.

I agree, why should the assistant be able to tell you something about a player when your scouts can't?

I can understand him giving an opinion after a player has been scouted or taken on trial, but I think the assistant should keep quiet when the player's attributes are all hidden and he cannot be scouted. Especially since his judgement seems to be rather good.

Hopefully they change it for Fm09 - untill then just play by the Dafuge set of rules. Never sign a player that you can't scout or haven't trialed....

yeah i have to agree with this as well. there's no way the ass man should be able to tell you whether he's a good signing or not if your scouts know nothing about him..

Always trust your AM.

Yeah I think we all agree that the AM can generally be trusted in these situations (depending on his skills), the point is, he should have no idea whether the player would be good or not.

Imagine a scenario where you are the manager of a football club. You find out by some means that there is a player called Stephen Wheels who plays for a club in another country. You call up your assistant and say "Hey there is this guy called Stephen Wheels who plays for club X in country Y - do you think we should sign him?"

In real life, your assistant would say something along the lines of "How the f*** should I know boss - why don't we a scout to look at him if you're that interested."

In FM, your assistant will always have an opinion, whether it be positive or negative, but he has absolutely nothing upon which to base that opinion, so he shouldn't have one.

Yes, very unrealistic. Especially when I am in a search for some decent backup players between thousands players without contract. My AM knows them all by heart. :D

In FM, your assistant will always have an opinion, whether it be positive or negative, but he has absolutely nothing upon which to base that opinion, so he shouldn't have one.

we have found the ideal job for a LOT of people on internet forums I think :D

Archived