£1 footballer.

In the current cm series you can buy players for £1 and in the hundreds, say £500. But why on fm is it in thousands?

The figure shown on FM is actually just rounded. If you look in your finances, you'll notice that you'll receive fees such as £500 when it says they offer £1k.

Sometimes this bugs me, for example when playing in the smallest clubs. I've had a transfer budget of £560, and been

a.) Unable to initiate a deal for £500, and

b.) Unable to tell if I can accept other teams' counter-offers due to the rounding problem.

Its particularly noticeable if playing with British pounds in a country which doesn't use the pound.

The other thing that gets me is the default values in the drop-down. Even when I'm at the smallest club, the "Set Asking Price" drop-down, for example, has as its minimum increment something like £100,000 or £250,000 .. I'd really like it to "scale" according to the reputation of the club, so that when I'm a tiny team maybe the highest asking price is £250,000, and there are plenty of entries like £10,000, £25,000, £50,000, etc.

Oh, that's one other funny thing - we can't make an offer of £25,000! Its always annoyed me, and I know that's almost ludicrous. I just like making aesthetically pretty offers like £25,000 or £75,000. :D

Sometimes this bugs me, for example when playing in the smallest clubs. I've had a transfer budget of £560, and been

a.) Unable to initiate a deal for £500, and

b.) Unable to tell if I can accept other teams' counter-offers due to the rounding problem.

Its particularly noticeable if playing with British pounds in a country which doesn't use the pound.

The other thing that gets me is the default values in the drop-down. Even when I'm at the smallest club, the "Set Asking Price" drop-down, for example, has as its minimum increment something like £100,000 or £250,000 .. I'd really like it to "scale" according to the reputation of the club, so that when I'm a tiny team maybe the highest asking price is £250,000, and there are plenty of entries like £10,000, £25,000, £50,000, etc.

Oh, that's one other funny thing - we can't make an offer of £25,000! Its always annoyed me, and I know that's almost ludicrous. I just like making aesthetically pretty offers like £25,000 or £75,000. :D

I think it should scale depending upon your transfer budget...

Sorry to be a smartass, but you can buy a player for £1 in real life.

Haidong was signed by Neil Warnock in early 2005 for a recorded transfer fee of one pound, due to a loop-hole in the transfer system Haidong could not join on a free transfer despite being released by Dalian but was able to sign for a cash transfer.

You can change the in-game currency and offer a bid that way.

10k RON (Romanian leu) lets you offer ~£181 as a minimum bid.

Chinese Yuan lets you do the same for ~£6.

IS the Zimbabwean dollar in the game?

Archived