Penalty shoot-outs.

After watching the epic penalty shootout in the league one play-off final. Shame Sheffield ;)

Was wondering how many of you have seen keepers having to take penalties, or penalty shoot-outs actually lapping and going back to the first taker in FM.

Occurred to me in FM I rarely see it go to sudden death if it does rarely more than 7 penalties each overall.

I Find on FM after your first few penalties, and you're good penalty takers are taken, everybody just misses due to the bad attributes.

Does anyone think in penalty shoot-out the attributes should be weighted down and the player still favourite to score? The game I referred to clearly showed the later penalty takers were just as good.

I am still wondering is it better to put the best penalty taker first and go from there or player experience/determination should be taken into account as well leaving the best kickers as 3rd or 4th choice penalty takers due to increased pressure in such situations.

I am still wondering is it better to put the best penalty taker first and go from there or player experience/determination should be taken into account as well leaving the best kickers as 3rd or 4th choice penalty takers due to increased pressure in such situations.

That's a good point. Often captain takes the 5th or winning penalty, rarely a young player. Yet on FM I simply put best first and go from there. I wonder what the game considers beyond Penalty-taking, composure, finishing.

When I get to a shoot-out, I just order them best to worst. I also take into consideration how they played in the game, their motivation, etc. The better they played, the higher on the list I'm likely to put them, as they'll be feeling confident.

I've had a couple of long penalty shootouts but don't really remember how many rounds there were. 10 or 11 at least.

Maybe just a coincidence, but I've noticed that in my game it seems that the players who have performed very well in the match tend to miss their penalties even if they're good penalty takers. Not sure if it's my imagination or if they become complacent or whatever, but if possible I'll keep them from taking a penalty. Am I crazy or has someone else noticed it?

I wish people would stop saying "Sheffield" when it comes to our teams. There is only 1 team in Sheffield and it's Sheffield Wednesday! - I watched and laughed at how comical it was. I'm a Wednesday fan if you can't tell.

I don't think i've ever seen a team win a penalty shoot out who missed their first 3 penalties.

United can stay and Rot in league 1.

This city is ours! UTO ;)

I wish people would stop saying "Sheffield" when it comes to our teams. There is only 1 team in Sheffield and it's Sheffield Wednesday! - I watched and laughed at how comical it was. I'm a Wednesday fan if you can't tell.

I don't think i've ever seen a team win a penalty shoot out who missed their first 3 penalties.

In danger of going off topic here, but I think you'll find that whilst your correct in saying that there is only one Sheffield team in Sheffield, it's neither United or Wednesday..........

Sheffield football club, the oldest football club in the world. Then again, they were definitely not in the League 1 play-off final last weekend!!

No, I would never have guessed you was a pig, perhaps you would also like to discuss which 'Sheffield' club has the most fans too seen as this is another one of your obsessions.

Anyway, I have never seen this happen in any of my FM games but was at Wembley on Saturday for the match in question.

When Steve Simonsen missed, the first thought I had was to load up FM2012 and get the Blades promoted myself!

UTB!

No, I would never have guessed you was a pig, perhaps you would also like to discuss which 'Sheffield' club has the most fans too seen as this is another one of your obsessions.

Anyway, I have never seen this happen in any of my FM games but was at Wembley on Saturday for the match in question.

When Steve Simonsen missed, the first thought I had was to load up FM2012 and get the Blades promoted myself!

UTB!

Not many Wednesday fans actually care about the fan base - only the fickle ones.

Anyway back to the topic. Nope I've never encountered a crazy penalty shootout... I normally lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ0_to2E0-4

In danger of going off topic here, but I think you'll find that whilst your correct in saying that there is only one Sheffield team in Sheffield, it's neither United or Wednesday..........

Sheffield football club, the oldest football club in the world. Then again, they were definitely not in the League 1 play-off final last weekend!!

I was going to mention them. They are the Sheffield team.

Archived