Only the best can coach the English National Team

After Capello, Ancelotti, Blanc or Mancini, the FA decided it was time to put an English name on top of that brilliant team.

Here's the result....

(screens in french, but i don't think a translation is really needed :p)

PrtScrcapture_4-1.png

PrtScrcapture_3-2.png

PrtScrcapture_3-2.png

OMG !

So good ol' Will go sacked after failing in the Confederations Cup 2021.

And he got replaced by...

PrtScrcapture_4-2.png

what the heck ?!

plus, is it normal that he doesn't have any contract info ?

Not a bug per say, but in my saved game the FA appointed Henning Berg in 2022, a man with no top level club experience who had been managing Norway National Team from 2014-2022. He did however reach 2nd round of World Cup with Norway so i guess this is a great achievement for such a nation.

So far here is my England managers

Fabio Capello (Game start - 2014) Retired after leaving England

Stuart Pearce (2014 - 2016) Resigned

Nigel Adkins (2014 - 2018) Sacked

John Carver (2018 - 2020) Sacked

Roberto Mancini (2020 - 2022) Resigned

Henning Berg (2022 - )

Never understood the england job. After the euros alot of managers got sacked. England, Italy, Holland and France all sacked their managers. All of them except England offered me the position. I declined all and applied for England just to see if I would get it. They laughed at me. Then 2 weeks later #1 ranked Argentina offer me the job.

I am starting to wonder if it comes down to how english players perform under you. I dont have many english players but alot of young players from the other nations who offered me jobs. Only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

I have been looking around the other nations, and it actually seems to be a regen problem.

In my game, all nations that have a "real" coach, pick a good (enough) one.

But teams picking a regen coach, well... always a crappy one (like Spain or Russia in the post below).

Italy

PrtScrcapture-4.png

France

PrtScrcapture_2-6.png

Germany

PrtScrcapture_3-3.png

Argentina

PrtScrcapture_4-3.png

I have never had that on mine the England managers on my game have been

-2012 Fabio Capello sacked

2012-2014 -Harry Redknapp retired

2014-2016 -Stuart Pearce, resigned

2016-2018 - John Carver, sacked

2018-2020 - Roberto Mancini, resgined

2020-2022 - Alan Shearer, resigned

2022-present - Lee Clark

One time in one save of FM2007, I started in Stalybridge, from Conference North, in Oct 2006 (sacked on Jan 2008). Then I went to Trofense, Portugal, from 2ª Divisão (3rd level) in Mar 08 and ended contract in June 11. Then...I don't know how... I was invited to coach the Brazilian national team...

Never understood the england job. After the euros alot of managers got sacked. England, Italy, Holland and France all sacked their managers. All of them except England offered me the position. I declined all and applied for England just to see if I would get it. They laughed at me. Then 2 weeks later #1 ranked Argentina offer me the job.

I am starting to wonder if it comes down to how english players perform under you. I dont have many english players but alot of young players from the other nations who offered me jobs. Only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

I never had any issues getting english players to perform. I only ever had issues with south american national teams (I will never manage another one ever again).

Speaking of south america, have they fixed brazil yet?

Do you still get sacked for basically tying a match?

Well, I got offered the coach position for Brazil.

Did quite well in qualifying games for WC2022 (1st in group)

In Confederations Cup, I ended up 3rd (lost in semis vs Burkina... but won in penalties vs England in 3rd place game).

Even if that 3rd place was disapointing, so far, I'm still the coach.

Archived