Wayne Rooney is broken.

On my current game Wayne Rooney is just ridiculously good. He's just plain broken. I don't even manage Utd so it's not my tactics causing the following legendary form for Wayne;

201112rooney.jpg

By antmanbrooks at 2011-12-17

201213rooney.jpg

By antmanbrooks at 2011-12-17

2011-12 he finished with 46 appearances and 41 goals, 12 assists and 15 MoM's = 7.65

International 13 appearances, 3 goals, 7 assists and 1 MoM = 7.05

2012-13 so far he's 24 appearances 35 goals, 3 assists and 9 MoM's = 8.24

International 5 apps, 8 goals, 1 ass and 1 MoM = 8.16

Has anyone else experienced a similar broken player?

I signed Fernando Llorente for Malaga first season he got 30 in 41 then went a bit mad and got 53 goals in 50 matches. The third season was his best where he got 56 goals in 50 matches. For me there are too many goal a game strikers Frazier Campbell, M'Passi, Jamil Adam, Podolski, Rondon, Tevez, Aguero, Adebayor, Gyan, Javier Hernandez, Sow, Caicedo, Bojan, Soldado, Aduriz many strikers at different levels score loads of goals.

Torres is broken IRL so no worries there :p

@AcidBurn

How much did you pay for Llorente? I quite like him as a player but never tried to buy him.

£31.5 million, they wouldn't accept less than his release clause. Had to use monthly payments to get him worth every penny but some people have trouble getting him to score due to a lack of pace.

I'm a bit of a stickler for realism in my FM games and stuff like this Rooney example ruins my fun.

I currently manage Liverpool and I'm 20 league games into my second season. Andy Carroll has played a total of 31 games for me across both seasons and hasn't scored a single league goal and has only managed 2 goals in all competitions. He's been fined, listed and dropped to the reserves for quite some time now and only makes an appearance when I'm desparately in need. I love this about the game as it's believable, but a couple of players seem well over-rated.

Torres is also banging goals in for fun, no sign of his real life form and Rooney is the extreme example of a player massively over-rated by FM. It's annoying.

To prove a point my Liverpool players performed within reason, as previous real-life form might dictate. Kuyt 16 goals, Gerrard 13 goals, Suarez 11 goals... all believable based on past seasonal performances. Only Agger seemed a bit over the top scoring 6 goals. But nothing wildly over the top.

Does anyone know of any custom databases that balance out the over or under rated players?

My game doesn't agree, he was awful in mine:

jtbaqe.jpg

I wouldn't say that was awful, seems close to his past history would suggest. He's performed well, just not been prolific in front of goal. Are you using any particular database or version? In my game I have steam auto update my patches so his form is across all the patches?

I'm a bit of a stickler for realism in my FM games and stuff like this Rooney example ruins my fun.

I currently manage Liverpool and I'm 20 league games into my second season. Andy Carroll has played a total of 31 games for me across both seasons and hasn't scored a single league goal and has only managed 2 goals in all competitions. He's been fined, listed and dropped to the reserves for quite some time now and only makes an appearance when I'm desparately in need. I love this about the game as it's believable, but a couple of players seem well over-rated.

Torres is also banging goals in for fun, no sign of his real life form and Rooney is the extreme example of a player massively over-rated by FM. It's annoying.

To prove a point my Liverpool players performed within reason, as previous real-life form might dictate. Kuyt 16 goals, Gerrard 13 goals, Suarez 11 goals... all believable based on past seasonal performances. Only Agger seemed a bit over the top scoring 6 goals. But nothing wildly over the top.

Does anyone know of any custom databases that balance out the over or under rated players?

The trouble is people opinions will always differ on who is over rated and who is not. Attributes wise Rooney is spot on but his consistency might be too high. On my save he has 32 goals in 44 games, 25 goals in 42 matches and 26 goals in 40 games. To me this is realistic enough. The thing with FM is everyone's game is different in your game he is awesome in my game he is very good like he is in real life and in Tyler42's game he is terrible.

The trouble is people opinions will always differ on who is over rated and who is not. Attributes wise Rooney is spot on but his consistency might be too high. On my save he has 32 goals in 44 games, 25 goals in 42 matches and 26 goals in 40 games. To me this is realistic enough. The thing with FM is everyone's game is different in your game he is awesome in my game he is very good like he is in real life and in Tyler42's game he is terrible.

Talking about league form only, Wayne Rooney is a 12-16 goal a season striker apart from in 2009-10 I think where he scored something like 26 goals? So lets say he hits that form again, it's still nowhere near the form he's showing on my game! Your game he seems to be in top form, Tylers game he seems to be in realistic to poor form. If you look at goals ratio and his rating it's quite good still.

It's not just Wayne Rooney that does this though you can look at a load of strikers on FM that outperform how good they are in real life the list is endless. Adebayor is a good example in real life he is a 1 goal in 2-3 games yet on FM he can score at least a goal a game with ease.

Out of curiosity how many goals did you score in the league with Liverpool if Kuyt 16 goals, Gerrard 13 goals, Suarez 11 goals were your main scorers who scored the rest? You must have another main scorer surely?

So Rooney scoring isnt realistic but those goals for Liverpool are? Are they all in the league? Kuyt has never scored 16 goals for Liverpool in all compeitions never mind just in the league. Gerrard has only ever got 10 or more 3 times in the league in all the years he's been there.

Rooney is going ok in my game From 2011/12 till now 23 January 2016 his EPL stats are

106 matches 67 goals 20 assists 15 MoM's

7.22 Average Match Rating

So I think all is going ok. Averaging 2 goals every 3 games. 1 assist every 5 or so games. 1 Man Of Match every 7 games

It's not just Wayne Rooney that does this though you can look at a load of strikers on FM that outperform how good they are in real life the list is endless. Adebayor is a good example in real life he is a 1 goal in 2-3 games yet on FM he can score at least a goal a game with ease.

Out of curiosity how many goals did you score in the league with Liverpool if Kuyt 16 goals, Gerrard 13 goals, Suarez 11 goals were your main scorers who scored the rest? You must have another main scorer surely?

I scored 72 goals in total, so not a lot. No other main scorer. Agger and Henderson got 6, Adam 4, Downing 3, Johnson, Skrtel, Maxi on 2, Coates, Carragher, Shelvey, Bellamy and Lucas on 1. The rest from og's.

Rooney has been distinctly average in my game, Hulk and Hernandez are getting starts before him. However, someone that looks even more broken in my save is Edin Dzeko...he won the Premier League golden boot with 48 goals last season!

Yeah Dzeko has scored a lot on my game too, City's top scorer on my game, but they are wildly underperforming on my game too.

So Rooney scoring isnt realistic but those goals for Liverpool are? Are they all in the league? Kuyt has never scored 16 goals for Liverpool in all compeitions never mind just in the league. Gerrard has only ever got 10 or more 3 times in the league in all the years he's been there.

Take your Man Utd glasses off. I wasn't having a pop at Utd or Rooney. I didn't say Rooney scoring was unrealistic, just the amount he's scored on my game. He scored 41 goals across all comps in my game and is on 35 in 24 matches so far this season! Even in your wildest Utd dreams that is never going to happen.

As for Kuyt, I played him as a striker alongside Suarez so him scoring 16 goals is perfectly believable given that he's averaged 14,11,15,11,15 across all competitions as a right winger! He scored 18 in total for me as a striker. Gerrard's league record between 05-06 to 08-09 is 10,7,11,16 so scoring 13 in the league is within his proven historical range. If you can keep him fit!

Do you see where I'm coming from once you've got off your defensive tower?

Basically the point of me mentioning this is to see if there are any good custom databases that helps me avoid having to tweak several strikers on the game. So far Torres, Rooney & Dzeko are the only one's I have noticed in the EPL over achieving. To be fair though I just looked at the squads for Utd, City and Chelsea and it seems Torres, Rooney and Dzeko have made up for the shortfall of other players? Hernandez, Drogba and Aguero all seemed a little off the pace so maybe it was just the teams tactics? Maybe most teams played 4-3-3 with a focal striker?

Rooney isn't broken, certain tactics combined with high attributes in key areas make scoring goals too easy in FM12. In my Sunderland game Alberto Paloschi (as a poacher) scored 35 goals, then 51, then 55, then 49.

EDIT: It was an interesting save. I finished 10th three seasons in a row while I was building the team, then 3rd, then 1st (and won the CL quad) and just dominated from there. Fierro and Paloschi up front scoring 90 goals per season between them. I actually gave up because it was no fun after a while.

Rooney and Tores just need to have their (in)consistency stats lowered quite a bit.In Rooney's case there should also lower down important matches stats , since i can't remember when was last time that he was actually playing great in some very important match outside UK.

Other stats are fine,since they are skillful players, but i just can't see these 2 banging goals in consistent manner.

Patriarchal-

its really not so interesting. it would be interesting if after you won premiership, next season you finnished , lets say, 5th. then it would be interesting. And yes, Paloschi is crazy good in scoring. Its my first buy in FM10, fm11 and FM12. I have same careers as yours, just with Everton.

CM or FM its always been my experience that forwards score too many goals and central midfielders and particularly wingers too few.

Back on CM 01/02 i think it was you used to be able to use arrows to make a AM into a goal scoring machine but now there gone.

It's not Wayne Rooney or Adebayor or any striker that's broken its the ME that cant defend well enough, especially against pacey, strong forwards who get far too many chances.

In Rooney's case there should also lower down important matches stats , since i can't remember when was last time that he was actually playing great in some very important match outside UK.

Surely it doesn't matter where the important match takes place?

In any case, he was excellent in the CL semi final against Schalke.

Overhead kick against Man City last year?

If I recall correctly, Rooney was actually having a below average performance up until that point. It was an absolute cracking goal though.

I also just found the thread title rather funny. It almost seems like it could be a Daily Mail headline.

I find some of the comments hilarious. Torres IRL has the potential to score a bucketload of goals and did so up until his injury. For some reason he has not been the same player since and no doubt a lack of confidence from AVB and Chelsea has not helped. However this is a guy who won Spain the European Championships and although not contributing much, got himself a World Cup winners medal.

On the contrary, what has Rooney ever done? Last years Champions League, he struggled, World Cup, he struggled and although he has done well in league he has never managed more goals than Henry, Adebayour or Cristiano Ronaldo did in respective seasons. I think even Torres scored more than him one season.

Before the data edits decide to change stats or workability for Torres, change those of English players. No offence but Dafoe has never done anything IRL, in game he always scores lots of goals. Same happens with Bent who IRL is not a proven World level, has never done the business at International level, yet in game he dominates International Football. Also Rooney, golden boot winner, how? No way has he ever scored more than Messi or Cristiano and unlikely he ever will. When at Man Utd, Cristiano was miles ahead of Rooney in scoring goals and he even played on the wing.

So people please, look at other players and not just Torres, who at least proved IRL his ability to be as good as represented in game, although some time ago but has proven it, unlike others.

Also why do England always reach finals in game, yeah, its great but totally unrealistic and makes it more difficult to get the International job as the Manager won't get sacked unlike RL where they are sacked all the time!

I find some of the comments hilarious. Torres IRL has the potential to score a bucketload of goals and did so up until his injury. For some reason he has not been the same player since and no doubt a lack of confidence from AVB and Chelsea has not helped. However this is a guy who won Spain the European Championships and although not contributing much, got himself a World Cup winners medal.

On the contrary, what has Rooney ever done? Last years Champions League, he struggled, World Cup, he struggled and although he has done well in league he has never managed more goals than Henry, Adebayour or Cristiano Ronaldo did in respective seasons. I think even Torres scored more than him one season.

Before the data edits decide to change stats or workability for Torres, change those of English players. No offence but Dafoe has never done anything IRL, in game he always scores lots of goals. Same happens with Bent who IRL is not a proven World level, has never done the business at International level, yet in game he dominates International Football. Also Rooney, golden boot winner, how? No way has he ever scored more than Messi or Cristiano and unlikely he ever will. When at Man Utd, Cristiano was miles ahead of Rooney in scoring goals and he even played on the wing.

So people please, look at other players and not just Torres, who at least proved IRL his ability to be as good as represented in game, although some time ago but has proven it, unlike others.

Also why do England always reach finals in game, yeah, its great but totally unrealistic and makes it more difficult to get the International job as the Manager won't get sacked unlike RL where they are sacked all the time!

I totally agree with this. English players are individually quite good for their teams and often leading players for their clubs, but as soon as they put on an England shirt they get found out for what they are. Individuals.

In Rooney's case there should also lower down important matches stats , since i can't remember when was last time that he was actually playing great in some very important match outside UK.

There are important matches that he performs in that are inside and outside of the UK, so I dont understand what you are getting at there. Do you mean in games against opposition that isn't British?

and anyway, torres is being knocked out of the first team by sturridge, who is rated low enough in this game to go out on a free.

Torres isn't being knocked out of the team by Sturridge in real life.

not going to lie my rooney in my man utd game i started when 12.1 came out is the best rooney ive ever had in all my fm years. I think its because he finally doesnt have shoot from distance and shoot with power on his ppms. that is realistic though as he is a different footballer now.

16 goals only in november so far i love it

Archived