FM12: How to play 'fast' & enjoyable throug a lot of seasons ?

BSX

Hi,

I play FM since 2007, but since FM11 I haven't been able to play more than 3 consequtive seasons with any team. I can't go fast enough through seasons like before, and because of that I get bored easily...

I don't know what has changed radically since the previous versions;

-maybe there is too much micro-management in FM12 ?

I really want to play a long long carrier-game, but even by playing a couple of hours/day, it takes me an entire week to finish a season...

what to do ?

Can't comment on FM12 but on FM11 and a few releases before that my appetite for the game has waned quite a bit and I wondered why.

I always used to play the game via 3D with 'key' highlights but the pain was that it took ages and ages to finish a season.

Instead I have now gone 'old school', commentary only, fastest setting, and although you can't see the team play like you can via 3D it speeds things up no end and has brought a bit of fun back to my game.

Can't comment on FM12 but on FM11 and a few releases before that my appetite for the game has waned quite a bit and I wondered why.

I always used to play the game via 3D with 'key' highlights but the pain was that it took ages and ages to finish a season.

Instead I have now gone 'old school', commentary only, fastest setting, and although you can't see the team play like you can via 3D it speeds things up no end and has brought a bit of fun back to my game.

i do the same thing but with 2D view,i feel it takes the detail of the game not being able to see the stadium,the fans etc... but it's either that or having to face a ton of lag,besides 2D with fast setting isn't that bad,

i still jump out of my chair in disbelief when my MC fires a shot from outside of the box and scores.

Hi,

I play FM since 2007, but since FM11 I haven't been able to play more than 3 consequtive seasons with any team. I can't go fast enough through seasons like before, and because of that I get bored easily...

I don't know what has changed radically since the previous versions;

-maybe there is too much micro-management in FM12 ?

I really want to play a long long carrier-game, but even by playing a couple of hours/day, it takes me an entire week to finish a

season...

what to do ?

I find that FM 12 does away with micro managment. Its still there if you want but you can be succesful without it by having staff around you whom you can trust. I just did tactics once but left it on automatic settings for my preferred style of play. I do team talks, press conferences, contracts. thats about it. no training no nada. enjoying the best save ever on any FM since 2007.

When I holiday my assistant(s) are doing very stupid things with the team (like playing without strikers)

I have had Mauro Tassotti, Brian McClair, Valdir Moraes and other great staff, but no matter who they are, they all are ready to destroy the team.

I have NEVER seen a positive influence of any staff member in FM, NEVER !!!

I only use holiday mode now. I hate watching game after game. Shame it doesnt have "goals only" as a highlight.

I race through the seasons pretty quick. I get my transfer dealings done after the season ends and before the next season starts. Then once I hit day 1 I leave it to the AssMan until the season is over. Naturally I have the following ticked...

Don't sell anyone!

AssMan to pick current team selection (if possible)

AssMan to use current tactic.

It all works well apart from during the games the AssMan sometimes changes formation!!! USE CURRENT TACTIC is not a difficult instruction to follow is it???

Anyway I race through the seasons and it doesnt seem to bad to look through the results and realise just how many times we outplay the opposition but lose to their one shot that goes in.

I'd have no hair left watching that 6 times a season. LoL

Oh and....

I have NEVER seen a positive influence of any staff member in FM, NEVER !!! either. :(

A season in just a week of real time? That's already pretty fast. Took me a minimum of 24 hours to get through a season on FM11 and I ended up getting through 20 seasons in about 7 months.

FM12 looks like it will take longer, just started my first proper save and it took me about 4 hours to reach the end of July!

No offence but that sounds a really odd way to play the game. I watch every game in key 3d highlights and it doesn't take that long - I can probably get through a season in 10 days or so.

But I can get through 2 seasons in a day by holidaying through matches :cool:

The single most annoying thing is the new 'tab out autofreeze'. Why would they implement it is beyond me? Surely if I want to pause it I can before tabing out. Now I have to watch the last 30 minutes (with highlights even) of an already won game for example, wether I like it or not.

Is there a rational for this change I wonder?

Id be able to play more if I could let the game continue to play if i tabbed to the net during games. I dont want to play in windowed mode - this change happened in FM12 as in FM11 the game would keep playing

Sorry about being slighty off topic but is there anyway around this? Its not a major issue but it does slow your progress down slightly

I agree with BSX & just don't want to watch all the matches in a 40+ season. I just watch local derby games, important games, etc. & go on holiday for the rest.

I use the "Achter" method.

Pick the team and set the game tactics & go on holiday for a day instead of pressing the "Submit Team" button. In 10 secinds you've got your result & you move on to the next match. This way the only damage the Assman can do is make a stupid comment in the post=game press conference.

Career games are much quicker &, after all these years playing this game, I simply don't miss watching every single game.

I only use holiday mode now. I hate watching game after game. Shame it doesnt have "goals only" as a highlight.

I race through the seasons pretty quick. I get my transfer dealings done after the season ends and before the next season starts. Then once I hit day 1 I leave it to the AssMan until the season is over. Naturally I have the following ticked...

Don't sell anyone!

It all works well apart from during the games the AssMan sometimes changes formation!!! USE CURRENT TACTIC is not a difficult instruction to follow is it???

Anyway I race through the seasons and it doesnt seem to bad to look through the results and realise just how many times we outplay the opposition but lose to their one shot that goes in.

Oh and....

I have NEVER seen a positive influence of any staff member in FM' date=' NEVER !!! [/b']either. :(

They still haven't fixed that?!

I remember around 2005 I used to use the go on holiday feature a lot to get through seasons quickly and my assistant never picked the same formation and team that I wanted, despite checking the "Use formation and match settings where possible" or whatever it was called then.

I don't go on holiday at all anymore but I can't believe they haven't fixed that yet.

I manage a team in Sweden so the season is perhaps a bit shorter, but I can easily finish a season in a couple of days. I don't use holiday, but I don't do a lot of micromanagement either. Once you have a good setup, and know what issues can occur in matches and how to counter them, a game takes very little time. Fastest speed and commentary only as soon as I'm ahead in a game, and then it's on to the next match. :)

Steve Round makes wonders for me, all the time. (Brian Mcclair used to, too). I sure always select "use current tactics" when I go on holidays, otherwise they go crazy, indeed.

Don't sell anyone!

Oh and....

I have NEVER seen a positive influence of any staff member in FM' date=' NEVER !!! [/b']either. :(

Archived