Has Anyone Created Their Own Club In The Editor?

Just curious to see if anyone has created their own club and placed them into the BSN/BSS or the lowest playable league in their chosen country? I've thought about doing this as a second save. I think it would be really rewarding to bring success to a new team. Has anyone done it on this years game or even on previous versions? If so, how has it gone and did you enjoy it?

I did it in FM2010, never bothered with it though really, got bored tbh. As it is a long long term thing to do as you are starting from the very bottom if you don't make your own players etc.

Thinking of doing it for this years game though.

I do it every year and have done it with FM12. I swapped it with Bishop's Stortford in BSN. I'm only in November 2011 but things are developing nicely. In previous years I've never got as far as the Football League but with FM12 I won't have to start again due to patches and bad bugs, so I really think this year could be our year!

I do it every year because this is how I enjoy FM. In the past I created players who were mates, family, Doctor Who characters etc. but now I don't do that except for the chairman being my wife and not letting me spend any money. What I now do is raid the database for unattached kids for my club. If they are not British I give them British second nationality and imagine the club is in the midst of an asylum-seeking refugee community and these kids are seeking a positive future through football. I have kids from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and many conflict nations in my U18 squad.

Whilst they start with very low CA and their attributes remain the same, I edit their PA to -8. I give them 20 in loyalty, 100 love for the club and long contracts. I also create a top-quality youth and training facility and attract top coaching staff. The idea is that as the kids develop we gain promotions and hopefully get to the Premier League and Europe when they collectively get to their prime. As I say, it's never happened yet, but feeling personally identified with the club gives me a strong motivation to continue. I make player pics for each one and some of them have been in my squad since FM09 so I feel as if I know them so well!

I'm currently playing with a self created team in the Belgian 3rd division called "Real Artenova".

In reality it's a local amateur club where I played for 6 years.

I gave them 500 reputation and a 1000 seater stadium avg 324.

Training facilities at the lowest and no youth network etc.

Gave them no money but I did make a shirt sponsor 5K/year and a general sponsor 25K/year.

Just survived relegation with 2 games to go in my first season.

In total I signed 17 players with amatuer contracts and my squad is starting to show some real improvements over the season.

A few of my players are now wanted by other teams but my scout did a good job over the season and I'm sure I will have a much better team next season.

Financially were slightly in the red but nothing to worry about.

In previous versions I did the same with mixed success.

Getting a good sponsor contract or a new board that had some money to burn was mainly the difference in getting any success, otherwise it became more something like a yo-yo club.

I always wanted to try and just about did it in FM10 but wasnt really dedicated to it. But this year's version I'm actually gonna give it a go, I created another Milan team and stuck them in the lower division, I holidayed as I didnt wanted to play in the lower leagues and to my surprise they got relegated once and then got 2 successive promotions into the 3rd division, after that they missed out on another 3rd straight promotion but got taken over by a new board, sacked their manager hired another unknown manager and got promoted to the Serie B. Again i'm still quite surprised because i thought it would take longer but they have steadily been improving without any input at all from me.

Now i'm in the season 2018/2019 and they missed out on a promotion to the Serie A by only 4 points, but this is where I come in and try to make a name for myself and get them to the top division and hopefully in 5 years time I can turn them into a consistent title challenger, 5 years might be a little short but i'm going to try and improve the youth squad right-away and maybe sell them for profit.

I'm planning to do this when I get FM12, the idea being to have a fan-owned, Scottish team playing in the English leagues and working their way up (hopefully) with Scottish players, set up with strong loan links etc to the big Scottish clubs who would then have the opportunity to go poaching if my players improve. Leaving out the political arguments, I think it would be a good challenge and intesresting to play at different stadia and different cities.

Only potential crash issue I can forsee is the plan for my new club to share existing stadia with Scottish teams (St Mirren Park or Hampden, maybe even a stadium move from one to another in 10 years on the assumption we would keep getting more popular), the game might not like trying to fit the fixtures round two leagues in two different countries! Still working with FM10 so I think i'll test that first. If it hates it I can always make a new stadium I suppose. You can still base your club in a different country to the league they play in without it causing errors.

Can anyone suggest a name for this team? had been working on Scottish Exiles which is quite a cool name but doesn't really reflect what's happening (they are actually invading England, not exiled from Scotland!)

Good luck to everyone doing something similar!

I'm planning to do this when I get FM12, the idea being to have a fan-owned, Scottish team playing in the English leagues and working their way up (hopefully) with Scottish players, set up with strong loan links etc to the big Scottish clubs who would then have the opportunity to go poaching if my players improve. Leaving out the political arguments, I think it would be a good challenge and intesresting to play at different stadia and different cities.

Only potential crash issue I can forsee is the plan for my new club to share existing stadia with Scottish teams (St Mirren Park or Hampden, maybe even a stadium move from one to another in 10 years on the assumption we would keep getting more popular), the game might not like trying to fit the fixtures round two leagues in two different countries! Still working with FM10 so I think i'll test that first. If it hates it I can always make a new stadium I suppose. You can still base your club in a different country to the league they play in without it causing errors.

Can anyone suggest a name for this team? had been working on Scottish Exiles which is quite a cool name but doesn't really reflect what's happening (they are actually invading England, not exiled from Scotland!)

this is a pretty badass idea if I do say so myself. As far as a name goes tho I'm not creative enough to help you there.

Crowsus, Hadrian FC is a good name.

Anyway, I created the club Societa Sportiva Argentos in the city of Argentos in the region of Argentina in the country of Italy. Took the Nuova Vibonese logo and messed with it. I've been testing out the custom nation rules and so far everything seems good. I've given them a good board, two good managers, and a good scout. Edited myself in at age 14.

Tested it about twice and it's all good except the finances are annoying.

Actually crowsus my team is a wee Highland village (Lochailort Thistle: nickname - The Tartan 'Fugees) which I put in the English BSN. Their ground is in Scotland and all the players are Scottish. I'm assuming by the time I get anywhere near Europe my kids will have acquired home grown status long since (or club-grown or whatever. I've yet to see if Scottish homegrown but playing in England will be okay).

The ground issue for me is like this - I have a background sugar daddy who will presumably fund expansion, but my fan base is tiny. I get less than 500 at games and I dont think it will increase much. We lose shedloads of money every month with the youth facilities; I just hope the odd cup run will bail us out. In this first season I've got to the First Round of the FA Cup. I've just played out a 0-0 draw with Walsall where I parked the bus and there wasn't a single CCC in the game. I'll take the replay gate receipts thanks. I'm hoping in 2 to 3 years time to make it to the third round and get a Premier side.

I set the club reputation to 2500 which I think is too high. I needed to supplement my kids with some experienced players, and I feel that I've acquired some who are too good for this level. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the 2500 rep though; other threads are talking about FM12 being too easy and too easy to get good players and it might be part of that. For myself, I'm an ex-pro footballer.

I created an entirely new Swedish League system and made a new team which I started off in the 8th tier.

Planning on getting all the way to the top and eventually European football.. and with that hopefully improve Sweden coefficient bringing them more CL spots. :)

Started last year as IFK Goteborg and eventually my performances in Europe gained Sweden an additional CL spot, to do the same with an amateur team in the 8th tier would be awesome!

I did this in FM11, starting my fictional Hungarian club from FM Live in the Hungarian lower leagues. AFK Szolnok went on to dominate Europe in three different long term (10+ season) saves. I tend to start with the lowest possible reputation, attendance of 100, and worst facilities and try to build the club up from the lowest possible point. It's a massively different, much more involving game for me.

This ought to work fine. I play a file where I've had the Highlands and Islands break away from the rest of Scotland (and the UK) due to a political dispute over wind farms ( :D ). My fictional country has Ross County, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, and Elgin City B teams in it, all of which play at the senior teams' proper stadia, and I have Scotland active alongside it with the senior teams active in the Scottish League. I'm in season 5 and haven't had any fixture issues at all.

Hi all.

I've done it in South Africa too, after my home-city, Port Elizabeth, failed to have a team in either SA Premier League or National First Division.

To add to the SA game, I created the 9 regional league 3rd tier, made up of mostly semi-pro clubs across the 9 provinces, so it added 144 more clubs to the game.

(Also made this edit file available on my website - fmsouthafrica.webs.com)

Its quite a challenge, most of these clubs start with no staff or players, so its literally a from-scratch job.

My intention was to sign only players born in Port Elizabeth or the Eastern Cape (the province) and develop as much youth as possible.

Have just managed to get the "Mighty Elephants" up to the First Division, and signed a few better players, but with very little budget, its a tough gig.

Rob D.

RSA Head Researcher for FM2012.

I I play a file where I've had the Highlands and Islands break away from the rest of Scotland (and the UK) due to a political dispute over wind farms ( :D ). My fictional country has Ross County, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, and Elgin City B teams in it, all of which play at the senior teams' proper stadia, and I have Scotland active alongside it with the senior teams active in the Scottish League. I'm in season 5 and haven't had any fixture issues at all.

Sound right up my 'braes' Andy. Is that for FM12? You've created amateur Highland teams? I did that for FM10 - A Sutherland league, Skye, etc etc. Lot of work. What have you made and can you make it available??

Sound right up my 'braes' Andy. Is that for FM12? You've created amateur Highland teams? I did that for FM10 - A Sutherland league, Skye, etc etc. Lot of work. What have you made and can you make it available??

I'm happy to make it available, but I'm still refining it so haven't posted it yet. I have pretty much the same file for FM11 and FM12. I've sent you a PM about it so as not to threadjack.

Why create my own club if the database is so incredibly huge already? If I wanted to do something different, then I could look for a small club in any number of countries.

I live in a comparatively small town of about eight thousand people in a rural area and we have an amateur club that spends its time playing in the 4th and 5th tier of the Austrian league system. Within 10 minutes by car there are four other clubs that play on the same level. So, whenever I feel the need for "going back to the roots", so to speak, then I don't create my own club, but instead start to manage something very local.

That was my first action this year as well. I went into the editor, activated the 3rd and 4th tier in Austria and started a career game with my home-town club. Even though it's merely an amateur club, there are always a handful of real players present and whenever we happen to meet in real life and I mention how I let them go because they're playing like crap, their reactions are truly hilarious :D

Done it and it was enjoyable but essentially the same as playing any other club.

On a side note I enjoy creating other competitions. My fave was re-introducing the Full Members Cup in England. The main rule change was "number of foreigners allowed" = 0. They all had to be English. A competition the big clubs could never win. :D

I created a few new clubs:

Belgium:

Flandria Westcoast

UR Wallonia

Internationaal Brussel

England:

Kensington Gardens

Kingshurst Athletic

France:

Mont d'Or Lyon

Montreuil (Paris)

Italy:

Latina Napoli

Greece:

Akrópolis Athens

Holland:

FLEVO (Lelystad)

Started with Flandria Westcoast in the Belgian Thrid division. The other teams i placed in lower divisions as well.

I am going to do this, but one thing I wanted to know was if anyone here can make club badges and kits, i know theres a section for it but thought it was worth asking peoples advice. :)

You make the kits in the editor.

There is advice how to make badges (and kits) in the graphics forum. All a bit tricky for me so I use logos from a the Metallic pack of a team that I haven't loaded up.

I have made my own player pics, stadium background and graphics like that - they are dead easy!

Actually crowsus my team is a wee Highland village (Lochailort Thistle: nickname - The Tartan 'Fugees) which I put in the English BSN. Their ground is in Scotland and all the players are Scottish. I'm assuming by the time I get anywhere near Europe my kids will have acquired home grown status long since (or club-grown or whatever. I've yet to see if Scottish homegrown but playing in England will be okay).

The ground issue for me is like this - I have a background sugar daddy who will presumably fund expansion, but my fan base is tiny. I get less than 500 at games and I dont think it will increase much. We lose shedloads of money every month with the youth facilities; I just hope the odd cup run will bail us out. In this first season I've got to the First Round of the FA Cup. I've just played out a 0-0 draw with Walsall where I parked the bus and there wasn't a single CCC in the game. I'll take the replay gate receipts thanks. I'm hoping in 2 to 3 years time to make it to the third round and get a Premier side.

I set the club reputation to 2500 which I think is too high. I needed to supplement my kids with some experienced players, and I feel that I've acquired some who are too good for this level. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the 2500 rep though; other threads are talking about FM12 being too easy and too easy to get good players and it might be part of that. For myself, I'm an ex-pro footballer.

Regarding your rep mate, aye I think 2500 is a bit high. Most of the junior Scottish teams are about 1000 which is slightly lower than the BSq N/S clubs. The rep will defo help you attract players to sign but it depends if you want that to be in place or to build it up. I think the way to do the attendance is to set a realistic average attendance (mines is 500) but make the maximum attendance higher (mines 20000), so hopefully as the team gets more popular the fan base will grow significantly and this will prompt your daddy to splash the cash. Mind you I havent carried the experiment through to check out if it works out that way!

Done it and it was enjoyable but essentially the same as playing any other club.

On a side note I enjoy creating other competitions. My fave was re-introducing the Full Members Cup in England. The main rule change was "number of foreigners allowed" = 0. They all had to be English. A competition the big clubs could never win. :D

Nice touch. Depressingly though, I reckon the top teams would still have a good chance with their English players kicking their heals in the reserves or 'about to break through' - its just they never get near the first team. But would you take 10k a week to do some football training during the week and watch the games for free in the main stand (Danny Wilson)? Yeah, me too.

So are you able to create B Teams for existing clubs which play in a different country to the parent, with free movement between them? Or are they known as B teams but its more of a permanent loan/first option/share facilites thing?

By the way, thats not a criticism of your set-up if the second option if what you have done, if thats all thats possible then what else can you do? Just wondering if the full B Team arrangment is even possible...?

Loaded up my club in FM10 and holidayed it to October with no problems with St Mirren Park. The game managed to recognise a shared stadium and plan the fixtures accordingly, even though the two clubs involved were operating in different countries' league systems. Pretty impressive I think. Only thing I think it might have done is cheated a bit to make it a bit easier to sort out - my club had a home league game on the night of Scottish League Cup ties, so guess what? St Mirren got an away fixture in the draw!

Did the test run under the name Scottish Rampant Lions but not really sure about that one either.

I might try this at some point alongside my Barcelona save. Maybe create a club in England and base it on Barcelona's philosophy! Start with heavy investment in the youth system and training facilities, but less on the transfer and wage budget. Bring in kids that don't have a club that have decent potential and start in the BSN. Also find a BSN Messi type player :D (maybe create my own if i can't find 1).

I've also seen someone post an idea on an entirely new competition that requires nothing but English players. Would be very interesting to see how the big teams do and if the Championship and League 1 teams revel in this competition.

Nice touch. Depressingly though, I reckon the top teams would still have a good chance with their English players kicking their heals in the reserves or 'about to break through' - its just they never get near the first team. But would you take 10k a week to do some football training during the week and watch the games for free in the main stand (Danny Wilson)? Yeah, me too.

Isn't Danny Wilson Scottish? (Assuming you mean the Liverpool defender.) It doesn't invalidate your point, but he'd be ineligible for this competition anyway. :)

So are you able to create B Teams for existing clubs which play in a different country to the parent, with free movement between them? Or are they known as B teams but its more of a permanent loan/first option/share facilites thing?

It's possible to create these B teams with free movement, but if they're across international borders they're subject to transfer windows. My current game has Ross County, Inverness, and Elgin B teams playing in a different country.

I know this is off topic of Teams being created, but I've got an idea which may be interesting and originates from Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover idea of creating an all English competition.

Wouldn't it be interesting if somebody was to create a competition just like Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover idea, for every major country (England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Scotland, France and any others you like).

Also if possible, creating a Champions League style competition where each team has to field 100% home-grown talent?

I think it would not only be interesting to see what teams won those competitions, but also interesting to see how it helps (if it does) to nurture the talent of those previously thought of as unworthy of being a 1st team player?

Wouldn't it be interesting if somebody was to create a competition just like Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover idea, for every major country (England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Scotland, France and any others you like).

Also if possible, creating a Champions League style competition where each team has to field 100% home-grown talent?

I think it would not only be interesting to see what teams won those competitions, but also interesting to see how it helps (if it does) to nurture the talent of those previously thought of as unworthy of being a 1st team player?

I would love to do this, but it'd be an awful lot of work as you'd need a separate set of nation rules for every single nation you wanted to include. It's definitely going on my list of projects, though alas it's behind finishing off the Hungarian structure to the lowest level and my fictional nation database.

I would love to do this, but it'd be an awful lot of work as you'd need a separate set of nation rules for every single nation you wanted to include. It's definitely going on my list of projects, though alas it's behind finishing off the Hungarian structure to the lowest level and my fictional nation database.

Maybe we should go to the FA and Uefa irl and suggest this :D It's seems this sort of idea is way over the heads of FA Personnel.

It would be great if you could create something like this! I'm pretty much an Amateur when it comes to editing, I can only or have only ever done basic editing, such as creating a player. Although this idea has got me thinking, should I venture into this more advanced stuff and give this a shot?

I think it's actually illegal in real life due to EU law, which is why it wouldn't be done. It shouldn't be too difficult to do in the editor, just take a wee while since there's 50+ European nations and you'd need a separate rules file for each plus the continent rules linking them. (Unless you're using advanced rules, which I wouldn't be.)

I think it's actually illegal in real life due to EU law, which is why it wouldn't be done. It shouldn't be too difficult to do in the editor, just take a wee while since there's 50+ European nations and you'd need a separate rules file for each plus the continent rules linking them. (Unless you're using advanced rules, which I wouldn't be.)

Ah, I see :D That would explain things. I think, if I was to do this, I wouldn't include all 50+ European Nations, just major ones? Instead of having a small amount of clubs entering, just increase that amount to maybe half the league?

Anyway, I guess we have gone way off topic lol...

I´m about to do something similar but with an irish team and I´m wondering what will happen when competing in Europe.

Well, I think that I´ve found the answer:

• UEFA defines "home-grown players in a country" to those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by the club in question or another club of the same national association for at least three years between 15 and 21 years. At least half of these players have to be the club itself and may be others in the same club or another club of the same association.

The UEFA rule has no conditions of nationality, as these conditions would be illegal in the EU (the Bosman ruling). The European Commission said the rules of legal UEFA said in a statement May 2008, the review will take place in 2012.

Regarding your rep mate, aye I think 2500 is a bit high. Most of the junior Scottish teams are about 1000 which is slightly lower than the BSq N/S clubs. The rep will defo help you attract players to sign but it depends if you want that to be in place or to build it up. I think the way to do the attendance is to set a realistic average attendance (mines is 500) but make the maximum attendance higher (mines 20000), so hopefully as the team gets more popular the fan base will grow significantly and this will prompt your daddy to splash the cash. Mind you I havent carried the experiment through to check out if it works out that way!

The 2500 rep will give me an easy first season in BSN - a chance to get my kids settled, tactics sorted out and a promotion - with huge debts! Then in the second season in BSP the rep will leave me dead average, with the majority of the squad still U18 and there the real challenge begins. I felt that that the attendance was realistic given the location - compare with Gretna, which was still getting village-sized crowds in the SPL. Mind you, its sugar daddy died and it went bust - won't happen in my save! My stadium capacity is set at 5000, so it will need expanding at some point even if the attendances don't rise.

I might try this at some point alongside my Barcelona save. Maybe create a club in England and base it on Barcelona's philosophy! Start with heavy investment in the youth system and training facilities, but less on the transfer and wage budget. Bring in kids that don't have a club that have decent potential and start in the BSN. Also find a BSN Messi type player :D (maybe create my own if i can't find 1).

If you really want to do that (and its very similar to my backstory and philosophy) bear in mind that the youths you recruit will be too old! They start much younger at La Mesia, and this is simulated in FM12 with new features - junior recruitment and junior coaching. That covers what goes on pre-16 year old. With those facilities set to 20 you will get the best kids coming into your academy. Then, you need the best youth facilities too. Now, in FM12 this is all costed. To my horror, I'm finding that while my BSN squad wages bill is peanuts, the monthly cost of my junior/youth facilities is a staggering £250,000 PER MONTH!!!! That's where my huge debt is coming from, hence the need for a sugar daddy. Furthermore, to get that La Masia feel, the kids need to live for the club. That means 20 loyalty all round, 100 love for the club, and 100 love for the chairman since you don't exist yet at the editing stage.

If you really want to do that (and its very similar to my backstory and philosophy) bear in mind that the youths you recruit will be too old! They start much younger at La Mesia, and this is simulated in FM12 with new features - junior recruitment and junior coaching. That covers what goes on pre-16 year old. With those facilities set to 20 you will get the best kids coming into your academy. Then, you need the best youth facilities too. Now, in FM12 this is all costed. To my horror, I'm finding that while my BSN squad wages bill is peanuts, the monthly cost of my junior/youth facilities is a staggering £250,000 PER MONTH!!!! That's where my huge debt is coming from, hence the need for a sugar daddy. Furthermore, to get that La Masia feel, the kids need to live for the club. That means 20 loyalty all round, 100 love for the club, and 100 love for the chairman since you don't exist yet at the editing stage.

I will be sure to add a Foreground Sugar Daddy then if i do :D I will refrain from using any transfer budget and try to work on the youth more, or just use the transfer budget on getting the best young kids.

I will be sure to add a Foreground Sugar Daddy then if i do :D I will refrain from using any transfer budget and try to work on the youth more, or just use the transfer budget on getting the best young kids.

I think Foreground makes it too easy. Mine is background to ensure the debts are covered; given our philosophies there is no need for cash injections to boost transfer budgets. I might add that what happen is that, like Barcelona and the Spain national team, you'll see little in terms of major success for the first few years, then Bam! World domination. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. For example, in the first season I've met my match in Walsall, FA Cup round one. It will be a few years before I have a chance of a big fish in the 3rd round. Having said that, unlike Barcelona kids, ours do get to play first team games early doors and therefore might develop more quickly as we rise through the lower leagues.

I think Foreground makes it too easy. Mine is background to ensure the debts are covered; given our philosophies there is no need for cash injections to boost transfer budgets. I might add that what happen is that, like Barcelona and the Spain national team, you'll see little in terms of major success for the first few years, then Bam! World domination. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. For example, in the first season I've met my match in Walsall, FA Cup round one. It will be a few years before I have a chance of a big fish in the 3rd round. Having said that, unlike Barcelona kids, ours do get to play first team games early doors and therefore might develop more quickly as we rise through the lower leagues.

Ah right, I didn't really understand the difference as it's not something i've looked at before. I just knew that Sugar Daddy made you rich and Foreground was the best lol... I'll choose that option instead :)

I think i'm going to wait before i do this though, because i'd like to do it with the edited database i mentioned on Post 28, because it would give me extra incentive to do the save as I would reap the rewards for doing home grown players.

Archived