Are press conferences better in FM12?

No, I was asked about a relegation 6 pointer before our 2nd game after a win in our league opener & being told we had no chance of survival after a 4-0 away win by the manager of the defeated team was laughable.

To be honest, the question where you get asked who will win the league is an awkward one. The answers available don't allow you to hedge the way a real-life manager would.

For example, Alex Ferguson regularly expresses very strong belief in his players to succeed. But he never says Man Utd will win the league.

Do most of you guys leave it to your assistant? In the past iv always done them but christ they are boring and monotonous but can i trust him not to balls it up?

it's the only way i can play. If it wasn't for assistant, I'd abandon the game. Too many pointless and boring clicks.

Find an assistant who will say the right thing most of the time.

In the demo, its very similar to FM11, which is disappointing to be honest. I just send my assistant all the time, its a shame really as it could be a particularly good feature, but just seems to be boring and repetitive.

I agree with all of the above.

Since I always start in a lower league, my ass man is always rubbish at everything: so I treat bad press conferences as "just one of those things," like injuries, and try to fix them later.

It can do, yes, and lead to long-term unhappiness with your players. But a good conference can improve it.

I skipped FM11 completely, and it still looks the same as FM10 to me. Only difference is now I just have to click answers once.

Still the worst decision ever for the devs to include these press conferences let alone keep working on them...

That along with player chats which seem even more worthless they really are wasting time on something that will never ever be fun in the game.

So many other aspects of the game could be improved instead of wasting time on these things,I remember a dev saying the only real competition to the FM series is FM itself...and that is were the problem lies..

I for 1 hope the likes of Championship Manger come out with a real solid effort next time,it is the only thing that will make the devs of FM stand up and make a real change instead of whipping a dead horse with these "conferences and talks"

Do most of you guys leave it to your assistant? In the past iv always done them but christ they are boring and monotonous but can i trust him not to balls it up?

I leave it to the assman. As you said, they're boring and monotonous.

Usually if you're assman is decent then no problems, but even with smaller clubs I don't bother no matter how crap the assman is.

Press conferences are agony, as my ass man is a moron, so I have to go myself. They are truly awful most of the time.

Player chats are child like, I really hate the things. Especially when a coach says "Jiminy Cricket would benefit from being told to stay away from his weaker foot". Why do I have to have an awful clickfest just to implement that. I should be able to click "Yes, good idea. Do it". and it's done.

Lastly, players that are stupid and make ridiculous demands, and there is no adequate reply, or way to solve the (non existent) issue. In my current game, a player was injured for about 3 months. The second he came back fit, he was in the first team. He promptly got injured for another 10 weeks or something. The day his fitness returned again over 90%, he was demanding a transfer due to not being included in the first team enough. Where was my "but you've been injured for 5 and 1/2 of the last 6 months, you plank" response?

Press conferences are agony, as my ass man is a moron, so I have to go myself. They are truly awful most of the time.

Player chats are child like, I really hate the things. Especially when a coach says "Jiminy Cricket would benefit from being told to stay away from his weaker foot". Why do I have to have an awful clickfest just to implement that. I should be able to click "Yes, good idea. Do it". and it's done.

Lastly, players that are stupid and make ridiculous demands, and there is no adequate reply, or way to solve the (non existent) issue. In my current game, a player was injured for about 3 months. The second he came back fit, he was in the first team. He promptly got injured for another 10 weeks or something. The day his fitness returned again over 90%, he was demanding a transfer due to not being included in the first team enough. Where was my "but you've been injured for 5 and 1/2 of the last 6 months, you plank" response?

You no longer have to have a chat with the player to implement PPM training (i.e. stop using your weaker foot) in FM12. Its done by a single click from backroom advice, or from a menu on the player itself. Ive actually found on the main issue of the thread however (press confrences) that these, combined with team talks, and team meetings are an excellent tool for keeping your teams morale at an excellent level. This then makes it easier to maintain form, as your players believe in themselves. I have found there to be much less wild variation in morale in FM12 as opposed to FM11.

You no longer have to have a chat with the player to implement PPM training (i.e. stop using your weaker foot) in FM12. Its done by a single click from backroom advice, or from a menu on the player itself. Ive actually found on the main issue of the thread however (press confrences) that these, combined with team talks, and team meetings are an excellent tool for keeping your teams morale at an excellent level. This then makes it easier to maintain form, as your players believe in themselves. I have found there to be much less wild variation in morale in FM12 as opposed to FM11.

That's a much better way of doing it then, you're right.

Archived