I literally have 4 players available for UEFA Cup game

Just fired up a game with Juventus, my first save ever on FM11 and because the 2nd leg is on the same day as an international, I'm ****ed. Game fully patched.

First FM since FM08 and i must say, it's rather annoying that this stuff still happens. Add to that, with it being my first season, every single one of my reserves are out on loan and I released all my youth players (barring 2) weeks into the save. So left with nothing and no doubt will get punted out as I'll assume i have no alternative but to holiday the game.

**** poor showing SI :thdn:

Just experienced something similar!

Two games in a row - Charity Shield and first game of the new Premiership season.

Had around 19 players on Olympic duty. A common bug, I believe.

Surely if a certain percentage of your players are unavailable, the AI should be looking at postponing the game. A huge oversight.

Why did you release all your U20s?

Would a club like Juventus do this in real life?

A club IRL doesnt know exactly how they will plan out, FM is so predictable that you can release all the 1 star youngsters and know none of them will ever come close to the 1st team.

I do exactly the same thing.

The Premier League ruling is that if a club wants to postpone a match because of international commitments, they must have at least 3 players away, and both teams must agree to it. I'd imagine UEFA has something similar.

Despite that, it seems more like it's just FM struggling to work out how it fits all the fixtures in, as per the course.

If you have a save from just before the game, please upload it to the ftp site and open a thread in the bugs forum to advise the save name to the testers.

Only got a save from about 1 week before the draw. The game got moved for TV, that's all i know. I also realise this helps you in no way or form.

Going by the real life thing...would UEFA really keep a European fixture on an international date in real life? The fact that he released all his youth players does not have any bearing on this problem (not having a go at any one or the game :))

Two games in a row - Charity Shield and first game of the new Premiership season.

Surely if a certain percentage of your players are unavailable, the AI should be looking at postponing the game. A huge oversight.

I don't think this one counts as players miss games in real life because of the Olympics. It seems unfortunate for you that you have so many Olympic call-ups. As the vast majority of Olympic call-ups are under-23s, I assume you must have a very young squad! But in this case, I don't think anything's wrong here. There are one or two international tournaments where players do miss club games - the Olympics being one and the African Cup of Nations being another. I think maybe there's a couple more.

I had problems with the olympics thing, the reason is the dates. The game was created before the dates were confirmed. Next summer the olympic football will be over by the time the season starts but in the game they are on at the same time.

I had problems with the olympics thing, the reason is the dates. The game was created before the dates were confirmed. Next summer the olympic football will be over by the time the season starts but in the game they are on at the same time.

Further to my above post, I did not know that the dates for next year's Olympic football had been arranged in this way. In the past, Olympic fixtures have definitely clashed with league fixtures.

Happened me before. Had a league game and a reserve game was played the same day. Got to the ground and realised there was only 4 players available, the rest had turned out for the Reserves (which they gallantly won). I came to the conclusion there was a mix up at the training ground and players got on the wrong bus... it was the only way I could justify it :D

i had 6 players away on international duty when i was in league 1 and didnt get a postponement. needless to say i lost.

as regards to the olympics, i can see the start of next season being put back by a couple of weeks anyway to avoid collision. the london authorities will have enough to do without trying to sort out football fans, it will give players at the euros a longer rest and they can extend the season as there is no major tournament in the summer of 2013.

As bad as that is...anyone that's played as an MLS squad has likely run into the issue of the Eastern Conference Final falling roughly at the same time as a FIFA date each year. In my 8-year save I have going, I've had to play without both keepers several times, and once had to field a squad of ten actual players (the others greyed-out) with only 4 or 5 playing in their actual positions.

Further to my above post, I did not know that the dates for next year's Olympic football had been arranged in this way. In the past, Olympic fixtures have definitely clashed with league fixtures.

i should have said it's an assumption on my part. In my game the first league fixture was 18 Aug, before the Community Shield too. The Olympic football in reality is 25 July - 11 Aug so it wouldn't clash. I am assuming the season start date is correct in the game, or near enough anyway, because it definitely does clash with the olympics in the game when it shouldn't.

Have had some problems with the Olympics and South American players. My 1st team normally has 11 top players with 11 players under 23 who im getting ready for a full starting job. One season i had a very young starting 11, 7 went to the Olympics along with 10 of my subs which caused me to have a poor start. Tend to have a few problems with Mexican players being away at stupid times aswell.

Archived