Have you ever tried to make a team of players with the same name?

Having the first name of each player as Sergio would give you a half decent team.

GK: Sergio Asenjo (Atletico Madrid)

RB: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)

CB: Sergio Sanchez (Sevilla)

CB: Sergio Ortega (Celta)

LB: Sergio (Osasuna)

CM: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona)

CM: Sergio Canales (Valencia/Real Madrid)

CM: Sergio González (Levante)

ST: Sergio Aguero (Man City)

ST: Sergio Araujo (Boca Juniors)

ST: Sergio Garcia (Espanyol)

Defensively not so good, attacking wise nearing world class though.

I once made a team with names that resembled foods, the experiment lasted about 6months before i got sacked. It seems my striker Greg Cheeseman with 6 finishing wasnt up to prem standard, doesnt stop me placing full blame for my sacking on his wasteful feet though.

Indeed I have made a team of players with the same name. As a Wednesday fan (and yet again depressed as they never fail to screw up the fans expectations), I was wishing that we could have just one Chris Waddle again, let alone a team of them. As I was in one of my "I'm bored, lets mess with the editor" moods, I decided to do just that. I removed all of the Wednesday squad (how I wish it was this easy IRL) and created a team of 18 players (4-4-2 plus 2 x defenders, 3 x Midfield, 1 x Striker and 1 x goalkeeper). I called every single player Chris Waddle, the only difference was that I gave each one a different middle name (A through to R). I made them the greatest players in their positions with a hatred of basically every major team who might try and sign them.

Needless to say Wednesday walked the leagues becoming the all powerful team that they should be. Needless to say, Chris Waddle was the greatest player in the world, winning every single award going. Should you be interested, Chris J Waddle won more awards than anyone.

Just remembered, I played a game on FM10 with a team called Eleven Men from Swaziland, I had about 8 players with the same forename and surname, and a few more with the same surname. Can't remember the name though, I just nicknamed them all because it was confusing.

Putting your faith in Jesus? I reckon you have a God complex :)

God can't touch my management skills ;)

No, but i did try and build a team of Quim's and Fanni's and the like once.

Hope you signed Giggs to play in the centre? Sounds like his dream team, being surrounded by Quim's and Fanni's....

I once made a team with names that resembled foods, the experiment lasted about 6months before i got sacked. It seems my striker Greg Cheeseman with 6 finishing wasnt up to prem standard, doesnt stop me placing full blame for my sacking on his wasteful feet though.

That made me laugh out loud....very funny, perhaps I should try something like that...:D

Archived