Two days in a row... seroiusly!?!

My rangers team are in the euro cup qtr final on a thursday, then much to my bemusement, there is a league game on friday (the following day!!!!). Added to this, the scottish cup semi is just 2 days later on the sunday. This would not happen IRL, this is beyond ridiculous. I always support SI on issues but this happened on last years game as well and has to be rectified. In a league with no money, important matches two days in a row are impossible and ruin the game imo.

That league game should have been on a saturday. I remember a previous ver of FM I was in the semi of the champion league and 9 of my first team were on some mysterious international duty or something

Not as bad as the guyt hat has 4 gays in like 5 days... mind you, 2 were on the same day.

Obviously SI have failed in the schedule planner.

This made me laugh!

Back to the OP, it happens if you get a fixture pile up from having success in cups. There are only so many dates left in the calendar and they have to squeeze them all in. The fault isn't with SI, it's with you for being too successful!

Didn't Rangers have a crazy schedule a couple of years ago in real life when they reached the Euro Cup final?

Yep, that sucks. In such a scenario I think the use of an in game editor to restore your players' condition between matches would be justified.

How would I do this? My players are absolutely warn out, and the schedule has been way unfair on us. We were lucky to draw the last two games, and the last one we drew against the worst team in the Premier League. My main squad has about 50-60% condition and my subs are almost as bad. I can't do anything like this, as we're probably going to get scored on by huge amounts the next match. Is there an ingame editor, or do I have to DL one?

Here's the match list in case you were wondering.

2011040300003.jpg

I have 3 games every 2 days, and after that 2 games every 3 days. Before that I had 2 games every 3 days, and another streak of 3 games every two days. It's really annoying.

Dune if you look carefully its obvious why this happened .

You have 2 replays of FA Cup games that added to your schedule on the other hand being in UEFA makes you play 2 more matches also because there is 1/16 final and in CL There is not.

So you had to play 4 more games in those 2 months thanks to bad results in FA CUP and you being our of Champions League.

I dont think that can justify using an editor

P.S Also in your both FA cup replays you played 120 minutes . I am pretty sure you used your first team against Chelsea which destroyed them if they played next game.

Its bassicly though luck for you 2 replays with extra times extra and 2 more continental matches.

I had the same problem as Man Utd . After going the distance with Tottenham with my first team players I lost the penalty round and then everybody was so tired for the next match and then I needed like 4 or 5 games to get back everybody in shape. Pity I lost the league in that time but it was my bad I put all my strating eleven in a cup that does not matter for me.

If you pay attention to Man Utd/Arsenal they put reserves in all FA Cup matches untill the semi final if they reach it. League cup is played almost entirely by the reserves and if Arsenal played in UEFA they would put reserve players untill 1/4 1/2. In your case reserve squads would play against AZ/Fulham cuz those are games u can win without fabregas etc

i had similar issue while playing in ukrainian premier league - struggled hard even with lower reputation teams than mine. But few things made situation even worse:

- league points needed so much

- lack of substitutes at few positions

- i don't use save-reload cheat anymore

This is really annoying. It happens sometimes in other leagues as well. Even in leagues with only 16 teams, like Portugal.

What i've seen in Portugal is that in the beginning of the league every time that there are some close fixtures the game tends to postpone the game to a posterior date. Without asking us if we want to do that. That way we may have 2 weeks without football in the firsts months and the postponed games start to pile in the middle/end of the season. If we go well in Europe and in the Cups them the hell break lose and many times there's 4 games in a week in April or May.

I think that the problem is that the game thinks that all the dates without games in the beginning are available, and that's not true because many of that dates are for international games, for national cups, for europa cups, etc. If the player reach an advanced stage in all that then the fixtures start to pile.

In my case i remember a game that was to be played in Jan or Feb and it was postponed just because i had an african player that was in the african nations cup. The schedule was so full from Feb to May that the game couldn't find a date and it was postponed 5 or 6 times and finally was played 2 days after a semi-final of the CL and 2 days before the last and decisive league game.

I've said before in a similar threat that SI should try to implement some kind of system that allow the player to decide if he wants or not to postpone some games. They should give the player some tools to avoid that things because it hurts the AI too. I would be happy if the game asked me if i want to postpone the game because i have x players unavailable. I suppose this would be a cool adittion to FM2012.

• 8 months later...
I agree with the OP. WTF!? I have a league game two days in a row. I am not in any European leagues, eliminated from the Carling Cup and only have the FA Cup remaining. Surely this wouldn't happen IRL to a mediocre Premier League club!?

fixturef.png

Your problem is your team. Return it to London and get your own. :)

Archived