Free man at last......

icon_cool.gif After 6 months+ of not playing, my AS level exams are finally over. Now i can get my priorities straight and get down to business with some FM icon_rolleyes.gif.

Just downloaded the patch (that's how out of sync i am) and im looking forward to getting started.

Hope i haven't missed much.

MiKE

Originally posted by Nomis07:

In my days there was no such thing as an AS Level just A levels that took 2 years and the first year meant nothing. It was like a gap year in uniform.

I took AS Levels in the year they were introduced and made the mistake of treating them like the old A Level system. Ah well...

There's three. And I only put down my name as "Ryan", for some reason it automatically put them there. And now I can't change it.

And I live in Ireland, we finished school last week and have a whole twelve weeks off! Which explains why I wasn't in school.

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

I'm at school and I don't study.

Ahh, I rember the days when I actually thought it was cool to brag about the fact that I didn't bother doing anything at school.

Only once I entered the real world did I regret not making more of an effort in my GCSE's/A-Levels. Sure I could get B's and C's at GCSE level without putting any effort in but my CV would look a lot better these days if I had A's listed (well I actually do have A's listed on my C.V but it's a complete lie and if anyone actually decided to check I'd be screwed icon_eek.gif)

Basically, buggering around at school is not big and it's not clever.

I don;t believe a word you say! One minute you live in a pineapple under the sea and next it's Ireland, pffft.

Lmao!

By the way, loving the way that this post has just turned into a debate about the flaws of the education system, great stuff icon_rolleyes.gif

I actually used FM to revise, the notes system is immense, set the notes when to pop up and it'd just be like them revision cards, got a few things I couldn't remember into my head like the ratio analysis section for business.

As for actually taking the time to study and study alone, I get bored after 5 minutes and canna do it, its why I use things like FM to aid me lol.

Originally posted by stelly999:

By the way, loving the way that this post has just turned into a debate about the flaws of the education system, great stuff icon_rolleyes.gif

That's just the calibre of the FM gamer, we know how to kick back and relax but we are caring, model citizens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

It is at Eton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha classic! nice one icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

It is at Eton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

I'm at school and I don't study.

well you are a very intelligent man, working this out while all us other mugs wasted our time at school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant! icon_biggrin.gif

Revising made me scrape the B at A level I needed for Uni. I hope I just scraped 40% in my first year exams at uni to carry on to the 2nd year icon_rolleyes.gif

Well well well, quite a debate.

First things first i DID NOT spend 6 months 'revising' for exams. There's more to it than that. FM is a degenerative condition for the average school student, i find it creates a bad study culture for me (<<<<<<<bullshitting already LOL)

I kinda figured that i CAN live without FM so why not if it gives me half a chance. Plus since November last year i work 12 hours a week part time which takes up a suspiciously long time period out your week icon_confused.gif seems more than 12 hours.

Anyway, i probably should have spent 6 months revising because im certainly not going to 'fulfil my potantial' but hey, who cares im just not an exam person...............93% in geography coursework proves that im not stupid icon_biggrin.gif heheh.

You Irishes getting 12 weeks Holiday!! ARGH i get just about 5. I have to start A2 on the 9th until the 25th of July

Oh and just for good measure AS levels are the worst idea ever. They're worthless stressful unrepresentative badly written pieces of SHATE (scottish accent(no im not a jock)) if you ask me.

MiKE

Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EKIMIKE:

I have to start A2 on the 9th until the 25th of July

Wait until you finish A2, there's months and months of freedom icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gap Year icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Well I have three years left until my leaving cert, and I get A's even when I don't study.

That will come back to kick you in the ass, my friend.

Quite proud of that. I didn't want to fail, yet I would be disgracing myself as an Englishman to get too high.

Um, you're Irish.

If ever there was an advert to concentrate in school you should be the face of it. icon_biggrin.gif

That's not what my passport says.

I just live here, until I finish school and move to Crete!

Well I live in Northern Ireland yet my passport says British, i'm pro union but Northern Ireland isn't part of Britain it's part of the United Kingdom so technically i'm United Kingdomish.

You're in your second year of 5 so you're about 14 and you're planning to move to Crete, trust me that will change as soon as you find a girl and she breaks your heart and you sit in a shed crying.

Don't be a fool, stay in school!

I'm at the point where my GCSE's and A Level's no longer really count. Well worth putting the effort in for though, not just to get a good grade but to actually learn about the world.

Will soon be at the point where my undergraduate degree will matter little too icon_smile.gif The blood, sweat and tears shed for that will soon be superceded by the ones shed for my masters/phd.

I think FM is a good motivator for work though. I use it in a reward system. If I get enough notes done/chapters read then I can kick back with some FM. If I'm just reading up on something then I can play it in the background and keep one eye on the books.

Tempted to use the in game notes as mentioned above icon_smile.gif but seeing as tomorrow I have my last ever exam it may be too late!

Don't be a fool, stay in school!

And when you go to Uni do a PROPER subject. Not some sciving one like Acting. If things don't work out in the movies, you may has well have printed your dimploma on chocolate.

I did creative writing and I'm still not on the best-seller list. The only up-side is I can post on these forums while I'm supposed to be working. icon_wink.gif

If things don't work out in the movies, you may has well have printed your dimploma on chocolate.

That sounds a bit too useful for an Acting/Drama qualification icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by backpackant:

Not some sciving one like Acting.

I did creative writing and I'm still not on the best-seller list.

Possibly because it helps to be able to spell properly? Or were you just skiving? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Originally posted by VonBlade:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Not some sciving one like Acting.

I did creative writing and I'm still not on the best-seller list.

Possibly because it helps to be able to spell properly? Or were you just skiving? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See The Jabberwocky icon_wink.gif

I have to do Irish icon_frown.gif But, strangely enough I'm one of the best despite every one else having years more experience than me icon_biggrin.gif

And I was thinking of doing oceanography or sports coaching and development at Uni.

Originally posted by EKIMIKE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by as260191:

Had my last AS Exam this morning, now in for 4 and a half days of pure FM. icon_cool.gif

Glad to be in the same boat icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You two are so lucky. i had my last AS exam this morning too (chemistry, passed How far how fast, didnt do as well in chains and rings).

However, my ****** school has decided that we all need to come back tomorrow! which means missing my mates pub lunch and the extra fm playing time. icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by santy001:

I actually used FM to revise, the notes system is immense, set the notes when to pop up and it'd just be like them revision cards, got a few things I couldn't remember into my head like the ratio analysis section for business.

As for actually taking the time to study and study alone, I get bored after 5 minutes and canna do it, its why I use things like FM to aid me lol.

That is a great idea. I might just do that icon_biggrin.gif

Archived