Board April Fools????

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSF07:

LOL I've never seen that, but that is a pretty funny inclusion.

On an aside note, you missed out one of your names on the first link, and both of the URL's for the links have your name in them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come, he spent ages scrubbing out his name. You've ruined it now :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pauk-Paul:

Has anyone had this happen to them in one of their saved games? I was pretty surprised!

IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn96/iRep_Nigeria/PaulAdeyemoInbox-2.png[/img]

I accepted of course but then this happend!

PaulAdeyemoInbox-1.png

Has this happened to anyone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Paul Adeyemo icon_razz.gificon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSF07:

LOL I've never seen that, but that is a pretty funny inclusion.

On an aside note, you missed out one of your names on the first link, and both of the URL's for the links have your name in them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come, he spent ages scrubbing out his name. You've ruined it now :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were that concerned about your name coming up, go to your manager profile screen -> set nickname and give yourself a nickname (e.g. your forum name)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

I cant see them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Copy and paste the link into the address bar in your browser.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pauk-Paul:

Has anyone had this happen to them in one of their saved games? I was pretty surprised!

IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn96/iRep_Nigeria/PaulAdeyemoInbox-2.png[/img]

I accepted of course but then this happend!

PaulAdeyemoInbox-1.png

Has this happened to anyone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the link doesnt work!

Can I ask a couple of questions Paul.

Where are you living in the world?

What is the time and date there?

What is your computers internal date now?

What was it when the screenshot was taken?

I only ask these questions due to it being April fools day tomorrow (in England anyway).

There was a cool feature on previous version where you would get a birthday greeting message if it was both your birthday in real life and on the game date. Im thinking this feature may have been implemented in the same way(in that case we should brace ourselves for a load of these threads of the next day or so icon_wink.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i'ts april 1st in game time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I saw that which got me thinking about the birthday 'e-egg'.

(I might also get some serious game time in tonight to try and get to April 1st game time by tomorrow (im currently in june) icon_wink.gif)

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I live in England btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is your computer clock at April 1st by any chance? icon_wink.gif

After reading the OP and seeing the screenshots I believe SI should remove their claim of being "the most realistic football management simulation ever" from their website. As an FM fanatic and simulation purist I am quite frankly shocked and appalled that this would be included in the game.

Do you think in real life that a board would play an April Fool's joke such as this on their manager? I highly doubt this.

As I said I am shocked and appalled. Shame on you SI, shame on you.

**walks away slowly shaking his head in disgust**

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I live in England btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is your computer clock at April 1st by any chance? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice touch icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you think in real life that a board would play an April Fool's joke such as this on their manager? I highly doubt this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately it wasn't possible to code in a smelly fish making it's way into the inside of your computer and causing an almighty stench while you play. Maybe next year icon_wink.gif

i was nearing april in my game so i change the date to 1st april on the computer and when 1st april come up on the game the board offered me £500million.. well it is kinda funny but if i didnt know this was happening i would have got a heartattack as i didnt have no transfer budgets for two seasons and suddenly they give £500million stingy bas***** LOL icon_biggrin.gif im am managing Adanaspor in the Turkish First Division got promoted last season

Now I'm actually happy that I reloaded my game yesterday (I was ashamed at first, I was losing against Zenit St. Petersburg and I realised that I accidently had put an unfit player on the pitch). But the game was 2nd April and the last save date was 31st March icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

And I don't have time to play today so when I load up the game tomorrow I hope I'll get something icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xBunn3y-B0yx:

MAN!!! some ppl jus don't have a sense of humour!!!! But i think this is great! icon_biggrin.gif However, does this only happen on April 1st in both computer clock and game clock because i saw on th screenshot it said april 1st aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll all find out tomorrow, I guess. icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cimbom89:

is there any other hidden stuff in the game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a fair few surprises in there and some rare stuff.

A good one got put in for FM2006 which was only specific to one player that I've never seen mentioned. Still waiting for it though! icon_wink.gif

There is one thing that you must be aware of though. In 2008 April and 2009 April, no such message came up so surely it must only happen in 2010. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd guess theres a certain element of random.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

After reading the OP and seeing the screenshots I believe SI should remove their claim of being "the most realistic football management simulation ever" from their website. As an FM fanatic and simulation purist I am quite frankly shocked and appalled that this would be included in the game.

Do you think in real life that a board would play an April Fool's joke such as this on their manager? I highly doubt this.

As I said I am shocked and appalled. Shame on you SI, shame on you.

**walks away slowly shaking his head in disgust** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lighten up, in the end it's only a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by Ter:-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Do you think in real life that a board would play an April Fool's joke such as this on their manager? I highly doubt this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately it wasn't possible to code in a smelly fish making it's way into the inside of your computer and causing an almighty stench while you play. Maybe next year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that was my poor attempt at sarcasm based on the way some people on here react to certain suggestions. I thought people would get it because of the **walks away slowly shaking his head in disgust** but I'll remember to put a wink graemlin if there's a next time icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by Ter:-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Do you think in real life that a board would play an April Fool's joke such as this on their manager? I highly doubt this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately it wasn't possible to code in a smelly fish making it's way into the inside of your computer and causing an almighty stench while you play. Maybe next year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that was my poor attempt at sarcasm based on the way some people on here react to certain suggestions. I thought people would get it because of the **walks away slowly shaking his head in disgust** but I'll remember to put a wink graemlin if there's a next time icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, I didn't get the sarcasm. Probably because the post was a tad too long for it, making it "real". icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

so does this board thingy only show if your computer clock is april 1 and the ingame date is april 1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Same goes for your birthday, if the in-game date and date on computer match, you get a Happy Birthday From Sports Interactive message.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

so does this board thingy only show if your computer clock is april 1 and the ingame date is april 1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Same goes for your birthday, if the in-game date and date on computer match, you get a Happy Birthday From Sports Interactive message. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

excellent. think i'm in december in my game so i shall see tommorow about the april fools

Archived