TG's Invincible 4-2-3-1

Tactic Information:

This tactic uses a modern, fluid 4-2-3-1 formation, and is designed to balance a stout defence with attacking flair. This is a tactic for attack minded managers, and it is ideal for teams who possess pacey, creative attacking midfielders. The player roles and MC/AMC switching concept used in this tactic are based on Mantralux's 'Real Arsenal 4-2-3-1' tactic found at www.mantralux.com, used with permission.

Tactic:

tactic4231.png

Results:

invincibles.png

Records:

In Liga BBVA:

unbeatenlaliga.png

^ This run is ongoing :o

Tactic Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6qtfyvx6bgukdav

Picking Players:

Use common sense with stats when picking players. The DL and DR must be able to cross and dribble well as well as the usual defensive stats.. The MCL should be an all-rounder who can attack as well as defend. The MCR should be more defensive, a long shot ability is a bonus. The AMC is the creative link in the hole, so creativity, technique, passing are essential. The AML/AMR's will cut inside, so shooting/composure are as important as dribbling, crossing and technique. The ST can be changed from Advanced Forward to Poacher or Complete Forward depending on the type of strikers you possess.

OI's:

I use AsstMan OI if he has high Tactical Knowledge (15+). If not, use your own if you have the nous, leave alone if not. 'Work ball into box' is useful if players are shooting from distance too often.

Pitch Size:

My pitch size is the Champions League maximum, 105m x 68m, but even at smaller away grounds this tactic performs well.

Disclaimer:

This is a base tactic to work from, not a definitive 'use and you'll be as successful as Alex Ferguson' tactic. It can be for some people, if it all clicks with their own style and the players they have, but generally it will need tweaking, and that's for them to do, not me, it's their team, they need to watch and see what's not working and what is.

Please leave feedback, whether positive or constructive.

Thanks for reading,

Enjoy!

TG.

everything seems ok but the defense line you use push up is this make the tactic risky defence ?

In the unbeaten season' date=' 38 games, 17 conceded. I wuldn't say it was all that risky.

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!

PATCH:11.2.1 ?

What kind of strategy do you use during the match?

Thanks, and yes, 11.2.1.

If losing with 20-30 mins to play, overload. If not, nothing except 'Work ball into box' of there are too many long shots.

Tactic Information:

This tactic uses a modern, fluid 4-2-3-1 formation, and is designed to balance a stout defence with attacking flair. This is a tactic for attack minded managers, and it is ideal for teams who possess pacey, creative attacking midfielders. The player roles and MC/AMC switching concept used in this tactic are based on Mantralux's 'Real Arsenal 4-2-3-1' tactic found at www.mantralux.com, used with permission.

Tactic:

tactic4231.png

Results:

invincibles.png

Records:

In Liga BBVA:

unbeatenlaliga.png

^ This run is ongoing :o

Tactic Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6qtfyvx6bgukdav

Picking Players:

Use common sense with stats when picking players. The DL and DR must be able to cross and dribble well as well as the usual defensive stats.. The MCL should be an all-rounder who can attack as well as defend. The MCR should be more defensive, a long shot ability is a bonus. The AMC is the creative link in the hole, so creativity, technique, passing are essential. The AML/AMR's will cut inside, so shooting/composure are as important as dribbling, crossing and technique. The ST can be changed from Advanced Forward to Poacher or Complete Forward depending on the type of strikers you possess.

OI's:

I use AsstMan OI if he has high Tactical Knowledge (15+). If not, use your own if you have the nous, leave alone if not. 'Work ball into box' is useful if players are shooting from distance too often.

Pitch Size:

My pitch size is the Champions League maximum, 105m x 68m, but even at smaller away grounds this tactic performs well.

Disclaimer:

This is a base tactic to work from, not a definitive 'use and you'll be as successful as Alex Ferguson' tactic. It can be for some people, if it all clicks with their own style and the players they have, but generally it will need tweaking, and that's for them to do, not me, it's their team, they need to watch and see what's not working and what is.

Please leave feedback, whether positive or constructive.

Thanks for reading,

Enjoy!

TG.

nice skin!! what's the name?

nice skin!! what's the name?

It's MichaelMurrayUK and Radestock's editable FM dark skin with edits by me, such as background, stat colours, etc.

Looks quite nice.

I will play that with my Dortmund save.

Good luck!

I tested for some 5 or 6 games in chelsea, it was true i dominated the game and almost didn't conceded, but it also true i hardly score :/

In that case, set Match Preperation to Attacking Movement, and put it on average or high for a while...

Is your strategy during all match CONTROL? ( except last 20-30 mins If you need a score )

THX!

In the unbeaten season, 38 games, 17 conceded. I wuldn't say it was all that risky.

Thanks, and yes, 11.2.1.

If losing with 20-30 mins to play, overload. If not, nothing except 'Work ball into box' of there are too many long shots.

Is your strategy during all match CONTROL? ( except last 20-30 mins If you need a score )

THX!

Basically, yes. If you really feel that sitting back is necessary to see the game out, pull the AMC to the DMC (Anchor man) position and sub on a defensive player for the AMC if possible, while changing strategy to defend.

Could you please upload pictures final league table about first 2 seasons?

The first season is irrelevant as I used a different tactic. But here is the season 2 table, where I had some major striker issues - injuries, etc. And the tactic was still in a developmental stage during this time too.

a1112table.png

THX for the league table.

one more questions...

concerning wingers left foot on left side or left foot on right side? Could you please give me a link for your trainiing you use?

THX IN ADVANCE!

I have a right footer on the left And right, though I think it'd work no matter what. My right footed AMR gets more assists than my AML though. Though the AML gets more goals.

As for training, I use the defaults.

so you have won the league 3 years in a row now with Athletic? impressive work

gotta say this tactic look very similar to how I played my Toon team on fm10.2, and it look much closer to my style of play then any of your other tactics, so maybe I could even grasp how to use it

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like i was getting much better results once i removed the player swap and got rid of playmaker/targetman options (disabled them). I'm still scoring very few goals though, averaging only 1 goal a game, even with average match prep in attacking movement. Defense is solid though.

It seems like i was getting much better results once i removed the player swap and got rid of playmaker/targetman options (disabled them). I'm still scoring very few goals though, averaging only 1 goal a game, even with average match prep in attacking movement. Defense is solid though.

Some things work for some players, some don't, therefore this is unsurprising. How many games have you been using the tactic, what team are you and what is your first choice 11? Once I know this, I can evaluate the situation.

So I finally get some time to play this tactic with my Dortmund save game and just won the first game in pre-season against Man City with 6-1 absolutely awesome considering their team is full of world class players in 2012.

I wonder what my team will do if they are fully used to this tactic. :D

And yes I removed the players swap as well since Kagawa isn't that great as a striker.

So I've won my first 3 games of the season with 8-0 in the German cup against a third league team and with 2-0 against Bayern and against Köln.

Now comes the funny part.

The first international game break came and 5 of my first team players come back injured.

I mean I was used to the fact that at least one player came back with injury from international breaks but this is a complete joke.

Since my squad depth isn't that briliant I'm really looking forward how my back up players will perform with this tactic and if I can maintain the possession domination that this tactic brought me so far.

for some reason i cant get this tactic to work for me... i have lost 10 games on the bounce using this... I always look out for TG's Tactics... This one not working for me...

Who are you managing? Maybe your players just aren't right for it... Unfortunately sometimes that's just how it is :(

So after I played 10 quite good games where I didn't dominate as much as with my old tactic but won them pretty comfortably I noticed that other teams started playing very defensively against me almost always with a 4-5-1.

It's rendering this tactic almost useless I don't get more then 12 shots in home games and 9 of them are from distance.

Defensively this tactic is the most stable 4-2-3-1 I have played today only conceded 4 goals in something like 9 games with it.

Btw I played it for 14 games and in match prep everything was at max.

Wow 120 games without losing?

Couldn't do that I usually lose at least one game per season where I have 9 CCCs and the opostion scores in the last minute from a corner or something like this.

I think I will give the tactic another try with a team where I start using this tactic in pre-season changing tactics in mid season never really seam to work for me somehow.

a high defensive line but pitch settings on max,i would have thought you get caught out quite often with the ball over the top.wouldnt it be better to have small pitch dimensions?your two mids are they box2box and deep lying playmaker?

Archived