Biggest robbery ever?

Just had to post this.

I had 65% possession, 25 shots, 13 on target, 6 long shots, hit the woodwork 3 times and 5 ccc's.

AI had 35% possession, 3 shots, 0 on target, 0 ccc's.

I lost 2-1.

I've seen some robbery's in all my years of playing CM/FM but that result is definitely up there with the best of them. What's worse is I'm 3 points clear at the top of the table with a few games to go, not to mention the fact I'm Liverpool and lost to Everton. :eek:

Edit - Just wanted to add that this thread isn't about my tactics, this isn't a complaint about the game and I'm not angry at the game. I just wanted to share this crazily unlucky result with people and maybe here about some of there robbery's! I did actually win a game this season by robbing Tottenham, it doesn't happen very often but nice when it does. :thup:

This had nothing to do with my tactics. This was about luck and the AI deciding I would get nothing out of the game. Sometimes **** just happens and tactics play absolutely no part in it.

Edit - I did change the tactics for the last 20mins. All out attack.

I just had something similar with my Man City save I dominated possession had over 70% around 26 shots and lost 1-0 they only had 5 shots. I don't blame the AI for it though I just accept the fact that things like this do happen in football so perhaps you should accept this to rather than saying it's the AI deciding your not going to win

Eh clearly your tactics weren't working. You were shooting and not scoring.

It has everything to do with your tactics. I've been in games before where I'm all over them and they score a flukey goal. I go into the tactics and tweak players roles and change formation etc.

You can say it wasn't your tactics all you like, but it clearly was.

This had nothing to do with my tactics. This was about luck and the AI deciding I would get nothing out of the game. Sometimes **** just happens and tactics play absolutely no part in it.

Edit - I did change the tactics for the last 20mins. All out attack.

every change you make tactically and personal wise affects the outcome of the match, nothing is decided.

every change you make tactically and personal wise affects the outcome of the match, nothing is decided.

Yes, but there is a random element to every change and unfortunately for the OP every random element went against him in this particular match. It happens sometimes that even when you have your tactics right that the luck goes against you.

I just had something similar with my Man City save I dominated possession had over 70% around 26 shots and lost 1-0 they only had 5 shots. I don't blame the AI for it though I just accept the fact that things like this do happen in football so perhaps you should accept this to rather than saying it's the AI deciding your not going to win

The AI decides results before you play a game. The AI decided that I was going to lose that game, there isn't really any other way of looking at it. I completely accept the result as this happens in football and I even had a similar result go for me during the season so I'm not complaining, but the fact still remains that the AI decides your results, or the outcome of your match before the match kicks off. Pretty sure this is the case anyway.

The AI decides results before you play a game. The AI decided that I was going to lose that game, there isn't really any other way of looking at it. I completely accept the result as this happens in football and I even had a similar result go for me during the season so I'm not complaining, but the fact still remains that the AI decides your results, or the outcome of your match before the match kicks off. Pretty sure this is the case anyway.

Complete rubbish.

The result and all outcomes are calculated once you have confirmed your tactics at the start of the match, but then they get recalculated every time you make a tactical change.

Eh clearly your tactics weren't working. You were shooting and not scoring.

It has everything to do with your tactics. I've been in games before where I'm all over them and they score a flukey goal. I go into the tactics and tweak players roles and change formation etc.

You can say it wasn't your tactics all you like, but it clearly was.

Zzzzzz

Clearly my tactics work fine as I've scored a ridiculous amount of goals, I'm top of the table, in the Europa final and FA cup final. Sometimes you can't compensate for what happens in football, sometimes stuff just happens and no amount of tweaking will change it. Sometimes you're just not meant to win a game. Not sure why this is quite so hard for some people to fathom.

How should I have tweaked my tactics? Made my team create less? Given the other team more attempts at goal? Have you ever heard of a goalkeeper having a stormer and getting MOTM, or maybe that's down to the opposition tactics as well?

You can say it was my tactics all you like, but clearly it wasn't.

The is not pre-determined. If it was it would be pointless in playing it.

Instead of All Out Attack you could have gone with " "Control" "Retain Possession" "Pass into space" "Work Ball into Box" "Pump Ball into Box" "

Changed the Distribution option of the goal keeper. You could have looked at the AI formation and said "well they are playing with a 4-1-2-1-2 so I'll exploit the wings" Then put on a two fast wingers to get to the byeline and pump the ball into the box. You'd need an attacking midfielder playing behind 2 strikers who are good with headers.

Just some of the things you could have done.

But I've watched games IRL where a team is all over the other team and get a goal either, yet they fluke one in and draw/win games.

Zzzzzz

Clearly my tactics work fine as I've scored a ridiculous amount of goals, I'm top of the table, in the Europa final and FA cup final. Sometimes you can't compensate for what happens in football, sometimes stuff just happens and no amount of tweaking will change it. Sometimes you're just not meant to win a game. Not sure why this is quite so hard for some people to fathom.

How should I have tweaked my tactics? Made my team create less? Given the other team more attempts at goal? Have you ever heard of a goalkeeper having a stormer and getting MOTM, or maybe that's down to the opposition tactics as well?

You can say it was my tactics all you like, but clearly it wasn't.

Clearly your tactics didn't work in that game. Regardless of hte amount of goals you have scored in the league already. It's not even part of the equation. Your opposition had a tactic that denied your team from scoring goals, no matter how many shots you took. You needed to change around your team and formation and player roles to defeat their tactic.

See above for suggestions on how you could have changed things _ they are just suggestions.

The is not pre-determined. If it was it would be pointless in playing it.

Instead of All Out Attack you could have gone with " "Control" "Retain Possession" "Pass into space" "Work Ball into Box" "Pump Ball into Box" "

Changed the Distribution option of the goal keeper. You could have looked at the AI formation and said "well they are playing with a 4-1-2-1-2 so I'll exploit the wings" Then put on a two fast wingers to get to the byeline and pump the ball into the box. You'd need an attacking midfielder playing behind 2 strikers who are good with headers.

Just some of the things you could have done.

But I've watched games IRL where a team is all over the other team and get a goal either, yet they fluke one in and draw/win games.

I still stand by what I said. There wasn't much more I could have done to win that game, tweaking or no tweaking.

What part of me exploiting the entire team did you not get from the chances and possession stat? Hitting the woodwork has nothing to do with tweaking tactics. It was a fluke result, end of.

Clearly your tactics didn't work in that game. Regardless of hte amount of goals you have scored in the league already. It's not even part of the equation. Your opposition had a tactic that denied your team from scoring goals, no matter how many shots you took. You needed to change around your team and formation and player roles to defeat their tactic.

See above for suggestions on how you could have changed things _ they are just suggestions.

The stats and complete dominance have everything to do with the 'equation'.

This was supposed to be a fun thread. I don't really care if people think it was my tactics or not, as we wont ever agree. I don't need any help with my tactics, although I appreciate the gesture. The thread was just something I wanted to share and maybe people could share there robbery's as well, I don't want to get into a debate or argument.

Yeh well if it was a fluke result then get over it. But your suggestion that the game is predetermined is crazy.

Look - I'm not saying you were unlucky and changing tactics would have helped. But I've played in games where I'm 1-0 down and they have just 3 shots and 1 shot on target compared to my 25 shots and 4 on target and 10 long shots and 3 woodworks etc. I've been there.

And I look at what's going on and change things about and I end up winning.

Don't sit there and say the Ai decided you were going to lose and changing thing wouldn't have done anything. Nonsense.

The stats and complete dominance have everything to do with the 'equation'.

I don't really care if people think it was my tactics or not, as we wont ever agree. I don't need any help with my tactics, although I appreciate the gesture. The thread was just something I wanted to share and maybe people could share there robbery's as well, I don't want to get into a debate or argument.

Well there's a quite a few threads about this happening. Apologies if you meant for it to be fun - blaming the result on bad luck is one thing, but saying the AI decided you never will win is absolute garbage talk. The amount of goals you score in a game is not determined how many you've scored in the league already, it's down to your player stats, your tactics, the ai players and the ai tactics and that's the equation - nothing to do with previous results or how dominant you are in the game. Sure you outplayed them statswise, but there was something not right with your tactics against their tactic that stopped you scoring.

Altering your tactics certainly can help your team find another way to get the ball in the back of the net, but in your case I think you have been very unlucky.

25 Shots, 13 on target and 5 CCC is quite a good ratio imo.

Id say you blasted your strikers out of it after the match! :)

i would have said the overload tactic was your issue, a team sitting back and your team just charging forward at every opportunity a slightly more though out approach from your team may have got the goal you were looking for, but as you say there are games where this happens and its part and parcel with football really.

Yeh well if it was a fluke result then get over it. But your suggestion that the game is predetermined is crazy.

Look - I'm not saying you were unlucky and changing tactics would have helped. But I've played in games where I'm 1-0 down and they have just 3 shots and 1 shot on target compared to my 25 shots and 4 on target and 10 long shots and 3 woodworks etc. I've been there.

And I look at what's going on and change things about and I end up winning.

Don't sit there and say the Ai decided you were going to lose and changing thing wouldn't have done anything. Nonsense.

Actually the game IS predetermined. Why do you think it loads before you go to a match? SI have confirmed it is predetermined and THEN every tactical change that you make in the game RE DETERMINES the outcome.

The game is calculated based on the current tactics and players involved. But the AI is not saying "You're not going to win this game no matter what". That's what the OP was suggesting. The game can't be predetermined if you can make decisions that affect the outcome. The game is calculated. But if you see in the stats that the players aren't scoring and have had 5 CCC and 25 shots and hit the bar 3 times, then you have make the decision to change things so that it recalculates the outcome.

The AI will change it's tactic, and make subs, this can affect the outcome of the game too. The AI might target your skipper for hard tackling which would affect his game. Or you could injure their best player. But those things aren't taken into account when "calculating" the game, it's just based on the stats of the players + tactics + moral and stuff.

It's not predetermined. It's not against you.

Is that not a contradiction?

No, think of how you watch match highlights. If you have it on Key, the computer obviously knows that on the 10th minute (for example) there will be a 'key' highlight. The AI obviously know whats about to happen in the next 3 minutes otherwise it wouldnt know to show you that there was a key highlight.

The result and all outcomes are calculated once you have confirmed your tactics at the start of the match, but then they get recalculated every time you make a tactical change.

Did anyone read my post earlier? Here it is again in case you didn't.

Your shots may not have been long shots in the sense they were from more than 25 yards out, but you may have been passing the ball around on the edge of the box and popping shots at the keeper from there, also narrow angles or from the sides of the box. Only 5 clear cut chances suggests you were no where near as on top as you think. They probably had 2 banks of 4 restricting a lot of clear shots on goal and Kenco is right, a substitute changes the game completely.

I often bring on 3 fresh players aroudn 60 minutes, because a striker coming on with 98% condition to replace the guy ambling around on the mid 70's makes a massive difference.

No..........It is predetermined and then IF you choose to make tactical changes or deliver a team talk at half time, it will have an effect

it also includes any changes the AI make to their team, and you always deliver a team talk at half time of some sorts, so the final result will never be the same as the one pre-determined before the game kicks off.

Archived