Ridiculous contract demands

Sometimes I just get exasperated by contract negotiations.

We just did the treble - Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League.

I bid £12m for this player and its accepted. We get to contract negotiations and he insists on a minimum fee release clause OF £12M!!!!! And he refuses to negotiate it. Eventually his agent walks away.

Seriously? What player in his right mind is going to expect a European champion side to accept a minimum fee release clause for the same price that they're buying him for, and let his agent walk away from a deal offering him nearly double his existing salary for the sake of that clause?

It's nonsensical!

Yeah I always try and get rid of that clause. However if you sign them, they usually sign another contract 6 months later without the clause, will cost you more wages though.

Personally I am offended by the agents fee's/ Ive missed out on two very big transfers cos my club could not afford the 2.5 mil agent fee's. I should be able to bad mouth these agents/players in the press tbh.

Here's another ridiculous one - young player on a current wage of £7,250 won't sign for me for less than £80,000 per week. And if I try to reduce the agent's fee even slightly (which the board insists) they refuse to negotiate further. A 10x wage increase? Seriously?

I think there are quite a few issues he with the agents:

1) Insisting on a minimum fee release that is ridiculous (either lower than paid for, or identical to the transfer cost for a young player)

2) Agents refusing to deal with you unless you offer them more than the players signing on fee

3) Agents requring that you give the player more than your board will actually allow.

Issue 1, for me is wrong, player and agents will seem to negotiate on anything ACCEPT this.

Issue 2 is a pain, but I dont know enough about agents to know if some of them actually do this. It feels wrong, but I cant prove it.

Issue 3 has always been in the game - its called a greedy player wanting more than you are prepared/able to give.

However Issue 3 leads me to issue 4 - players siging contracts with other clubs for less than half of what they refused to negotiate on you with. Again I cant prove if this is actually an issue, but it seems very consistant that when a player wants silly money they end up sigining for someone else on a tiny contract - they might be the players favouite club or another preferance, but its hard to swallow.

This is disgusting to be fair.

This player is 21 and is on 12k a week at his current club.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6536/mvilaagent.jpg

And I just tried to sigh Feliani from Everton, same kinda thing, I cant afford the agent fee in a 12 mil transfer and feliani wants a min release clause for 10 mil and 10% of future transfer fee's.

I refuse to sign these players on pricipal and I will wait for the regens to hit.

To be honest, It's sad how angry I get over thsi kinda thing, but I wish I could actually tell these players/agents to **** off in the game some how...... I MEAN ACTUALLY USE THOSE EXACT WORDS ;)

and another ................

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6696/sissokoagent.jpg

I like the bit in the agents profile thats says

Relationship........... (Insert random bull****)

I mean whats all that about?

And here's the opening negotiation in the 10 million pound transfer of one of Englands hottest young properties ................

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5259/jonesagent.jpg

Now thats the kind of player I want to sign ;)

And I just tried to sigh Feliani from Everton, same kinda thing, I cant afford the agent fee in a 12 mil transfer and feliani wants a min release clause for 10 mil and 10% of future transfer fee's.

I refuse to sign these players on pricipal and I will wait for the regens to hit.

To be honest, It's sad how angry I get over thsi kinda thing, but I wish I could actually tell these players/agents to **** off in the game some how...... I MEAN ACTUALLY USE THOSE EXACT WORDS ;)

Why does the agent have a fierce dislike of you?

and another ................

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6696/sissokoagent.jpg

I like the bit in the agents profile thats says

Relationship........... (Insert random bull****)

I mean whats all that about?

And here's the opening negotiation in the 10 million pound transfer of one of Englands hottest young properties ................

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5259/jonesagent.jpg

Now thats the kind of player I want to sign ;)

with that 1st 1, just change the squad status then you can offer the agent a higher fee. simple

Why does the agent have a fierce dislike of you?

Bit strong aint it ;)

Iv'e never met the guy and never dealt with him.

Its season two in the game and Ive only signed youngsters in season one, biggest was about 6 mil transfer fee.

I can't have a bad rep with agents cos Ive done very little negotiating.

Im confused by it all tbh.

I think it's not that he dislikes me specifically .... He dislikes everyone in genral.

with that 1st 1, just change the squad status then you can offer the agent a higher fee. simple

So you think I should pay out 3 mil for the agent and 2 for the player?

I wouldnt do it in RL and I wont do it in FM.

I'll train my youngsters, they have more respect. ;)

lol the next one is 'hatred' - same agent... I guess he pee'd him off once too often :p

yeah I P****d him off cos I didnt make him an instant multi millionaire for getting on a plane and flying his client to London..... I mean what else did he do for his fee exactly?

They are blood sucking leeches in FM as they are in real life, most realistic part of the game to be honest ;)

I think we should raise some of these issues as bugs. At least the Min Release Release Fee need to be looked at. I'm not sure it's such a common clause in real life.

We should also ask SI to give us an option to ask the player to sack his agent haha.

Apparently the min release thing is common in RL. But it's usually for quite a few bob more than the player was bought for.

Im not sure this issue is a bug but it certainly needs a tweak or two in my oppinion.

And media interaction with agents is a must. At the very least, we will be able to vent our frustrations in public so to speak.

It may make certain players disliked by fans/board/press/players, which might be fun ;)

So you think I should pay out 3 mil for the agent and 2 for the player?

I wouldnt do it in RL and I wont do it in FM.

I'll train my youngsters, they have more respect. ;)

as weird as it sounds, i put all the players I buy on key players and offer player & agent 6m each, I know that sounds crazy but its a way I can keep my wage budget down at Liverpool, I know I will always have enough money for the extra payments but I like to keep my wage bill down as low as humanly possible

Apparently the min release thing is common in RL. But it's usually for quite a few bob more than the player was bought for.

Im not sure this issue is a bug but it certainly needs a tweak or two in my oppinion.

And media interaction with agents is a must. At the very least, we will be able to vent our frustrations in public so to speak.

It may make certain players disliked by fans/board/press/players, which might be fun ;)

Agree about Min Fee Release Fee being set too low.

I think there might also be an issue with players asking for the clause as I thought they are usually asked for only if the player is joining a "small" club (+player is ambitious probably), not if he's joining the European champions.

My main problem is I'm at Hibs. Barely anybody is paid more than £2,000. I have £1,500 of wage budget. All of my players want massive wage increases.

I'm managing Grasshopper club Zurich, and just to make things challenging, I've restricted my player salaries to below 5k in the last 4 seasons. During this time, we won 3 Champ Leagues, 4 domestic titles, and 3 Swiss Cups, apart from the Super Cups/ Club WCs. Now, all the young players I had bought at the start of the save, are highly reputed, and every week or so, I get an unhappy player demanding a pay increase. Thankfully, most of them still have a year or more to go, so I'm able to stave off their demands for now. But I feel, there's a huge tide of unhappy, pay-raise seeking players waiting for me at the end of this season!

I've tried offering large signing fees/agent fees to make up for the low pay-raise I've given to a number of my players, and it seems to be working for now. I'll see how far I can stretch this.

Fellaini is who I'm trying to sign.

im trying to buy sergio aguero for liverpool through his release clause, but he and hes agent are demanding some extreme amount of money, i would post a screen shot to see what you guys think but dont know how to upload it here.

the contract demands are crap!!! playin me newcastle game joey barton in the last year of this contract! hes on 70k a week ave offernd him a contract off 50k his agent turned it down fair enough. 6 month left same again! no probs! 3 months left offerend him 60k turned it down, so he left! a offerend him a tral in the summer his agent said hes does not want to sign for us! hes now playing for dundee in scotland for 5k aweek! wot aload ov poo!!!!!!!!!!

I made a test yesterday : I had a player which wouldn't even enter transfer negociations with me (so said his agent).

For testing purposes I took FMRTE, edited the relationship between his agent and me so that he would not hate me.

I tried again to bid ... and bingo, I could negociate with the player and get a good deal.

Be it a bug or not, but you must be friends with agents if you want to sign good players :D

The minimum fee release clause is annoying. I've had it a few times where it's been set at the fee I'm already offering and the agent won't budge on it.

I also think there should be an option to comment on agents. I've had players who are apparently eager to play for me priced out of a move by their agent's demands. In that situation I should be able to say I'd like to sign the player and we tried to do it but his agent's demands were ridiculous.

Having said that, some of the "problems" people are reporting in this thread aren't problems at all. The examples Rice2cu gave seem pretty normal to me. M'Vila and Sossoko are huge talents in real life and would want contracts reflecting that. I don't view their demands as too bad. However, it would be nice to see a bit more interaction with agents and players so in your example if either player really wanted to sign but the agent demnaded too high a fee it would be good if the agent got sacked because of it.

Yeah, actually sounds like a solution, although tampering contracts in FMRTE is definitely cheating... :p

Anyways, I've used FMRTE before when highly reputed Young Players were untutorable, to decrease their reputation enough to get them tutored by one of my senior players. It's definitely a convenient solution to dealing with the small niggles FM11 has.

• 2 weeks later...

GODDAMMIT!!!! Why is it that I can knock £1000 per week off wage demands and get accepted, but try to add so much as £5k to a (ludicrously low) minimum release clause and they walk away. It's RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone PLEASE do something about this come the next patch.

I made a test yesterday : I had a player which wouldn't even enter transfer negociations with me (so said his agent).

For testing purposes I took FMRTE, edited the relationship between his agent and me so that he would not hate me.

I tried again to bid ... and bingo, I could negociate with the player and get a good deal.

Be it a bug or not, but you must be friends with agents if you want to sign good players :D

The begs the question on how you can become friends with an agent, if there is no interaction options?

The begs the question on how you can become friends with an agent, if there is no interaction options?

You can only become a friend of that agent if you complete a negotiation without much fuss with him, which means you are going to pay some ridiculous fees by accepting his high demands. That's the irony. Either way, the player loses out. That's why you see people creating thread like "Why player refusing my 130,000 and accepting a 36,500 contract with the AI clubs".

I'd love to be able to bad-mouth the agents. Maybe it could cause the agent to get a bad rep or something and affect their chances of finding clients.

Other than that, I agree with the thread - release clauses for the same price that you paid for the player just seems bizarre to me. Not to mention the fact that players seem to almost always be looking for ridiculous wage rises.

I'd like an option to tell the player to come back when he's ditched the agent.

Totally! This is what I was thinking too.

Henrique was playing for me for $34,000 and I had him under contract until 2016. I'm on 2013 right now, so I have 3 more years contract with him and he wants to extend his contract to 2017 and he wants 110,000 per week. It's like 4 times more than what he's getting. Plus, why would I extend his contract anyway? I have him under contract for 3 more years. This is just stupid.

im Leeds in 2016.. to be fair his current wage is 300k, because i accidentally left 'match highest wage' clause (he joined for ~100k p/w, but a week later got ~240k p/w because of Rooney :D ) + 10% yearly rise.. but still 0.5M per week?

and i really dont want to use FMRTE.. at the same time Rooney was demanding 300k p/w, but just recently accepted 150k p/w so im hopping Bale reconsider too..

btw, there is an option 'lower your wage demands' (or something like that) in private talk, but it seems it never work..

Archived