Utter Tripe!!!!

This new transfer system and agent negotiations is completely messed up. Seriously!! Did you guys even buy anyone when you tested the game? If an agent dislikes you(for no reason too), you will never get the player without paying 3x what the player is worth in wages. I have a 15 million bid for Otamendi accepted. He is on 5.5K/week at Porto. His agent wants 130K/week and almost £10 million in bonuses. I offered 60K/week but the lowest he would go was 80K/week. Thats ridiculous. If someone offers you 12x more money than you are getting paid to do the same job you will not accept? Fukn crazy this bs.

17.5 million bid accepted for Adler. He was on close to 20K/week at Leverkusen. His agent wanted 80K, like £5 mil in bonus, and a min release clause of 17.5 million. Thats how much I paid dummy. Im not gonna pay you all these bonuses only to have someone buy you for the same price in 6 months. His agent wouldn't budge about the release clause, not even to raise it to a higher value, so I offered 100K/week without the clause and the agent accepted. Then Adler comes back saying he wants a better basic salary, more money for keeping out goals, and more sign on fees. Oh really? Three months later he signs a 5 year deal with Leverkusen. Guess what salary? 43K/week. And he turns down 100K for not being good enough? Fook off stupid asss bullsht game!!!!!!!!!!!

Really SI you have to look into this. This is utterly ridiculous! The amount of players who want over 100K and wont budge for anything else is ludacris. I find if you have good relations with the agent you can get a player for next to no money. But if your relationship with the agent is unfriendly then you will have to pay over 100K/week even for no name players. Honestly, agents should negotiate deals based on how good the terms are and not what their relationship with you is. If someone offers you to 5x better you will accept no matter how you feel towards that person.

The addition of agents in the game is a very good idea but not a very good implemented one. They need to be thoroughly reworked for next years edition. This is unacceptable how sometimes players will turn down you offer for not being good enough only to accept a lesser one in a couple of weeks. Similar things have happened to me when I bid for a player, my offer is rejected. Then another clubs bids less than I have and their offer accepted. Come on now, lets be real. If it matters Im Manchester United and this is 11.1.

FIX IT SI!

what team are you managing? bear in mind if you are managing a rich, high profile club like man city or chelsea then just like real life other clubs will demand astronomical fees and agents will demand player wages to be high as well.

That a fair point, but how do you explain things like the agent wanting a minimum release clause for the same amount the club has paid. That is just utter nonsense

the adler example where they asked for the exact same min release fee is definitely questionable

i cant see how this is in any way realistic or legit

the other examples are just part of doing business. if the agent hates you he will screw you. just like real life.

11.1 and Im managing Manchester United but it really shouldn't have any effect on a player who is interested in signing for me. Maybe I'm not offering the 130K/week they want, but I'm still willing to pay them 3-4x what they are getting currently so I just don't see how any of this makes sense. Now I have to fork over 20+ million that I don't have for a new gk now that Adler signed a new deal, and I'll probably go through the same thing with the new agent.

Seriously!! Did you guys even buy anyone when you tested the game? .... FIX IT SI!

Have you calmed down yet? It's a game, get over it.

You sound ridiculous.

Get some manners, stop spelling ludicrous like the rapper, have a quiet word with yourself and look up the word 'negotiation' in the dictionary.

That a fair point, but how do you explain things like the agent wanting a minimum release clause for the same amount the club has paid. That is just utter nonsense

that is a bit daft. did you try to negotiate the release clause?

in my games i've found them harder to negotiate than wages or fees but it is doable. if you get the time and aren't bored, save a game before a negotiation and experiment to get a good idea of how far you can push them

The agent would not negotiate the release clause. I tried 40, 30, 25, 20 million release clause but he would just go to 17.5, the same as the amount I was paying for the player. Only when I offered 100K per week he was willing to drop the release clause, but Adler rejected the offer saying he wanted a higher basic pay only to sign a new contract with Leverkusen for a mere 40K/week. I was offering 100K and it wasn't enough damn it!

Same with Otamendi. He was getting 5.5K/week and he wants 130K. Get real. Won't settle for less than 80K. I offered 60K and his agent stopped talking to me. Ok, keep playing for peanuts. :)

This is so unrealistic. If your poor friend paid you $10 an hour to lick envelopes, and then came along this wealthy man who offered $100 to lick the same envelopes, who would you choose? How much is your spit worth to you? Would you really ask the wealthy man for $200 and refuse to work for less? LOL ok then keep licking for $10 haha.

Ivod. Have no idea if this will help you but when you look to buy the players have you looked at your scout reports. I have only played the demo so far but found that they may be on 20k (for example) and you're right the agent would demand 150k or something; looking at the scout report it says he'll probably look for 60-80k. Obviously its not an exact science and the signing on fees do feel a little much if I am honest but starting the negotiation at around 55-60k meant I got a response of say 100k from them. Often if there are bits you are happy with like years or squad status or bonuses for example I found agreeing them helped a lot as there was less to haggle over. In most cases this approach meant I probably paid close to 80k for the player but no-where near the 150k they originally wanted. As for the sign-on fees I found no real consistency in what worked but you never know....

I must admit in FM2009 and FM2010 the bonuses imo were massively overstated.

Lets take a look at Steven Gerrard - his ages were something like £120,000 per week and then he had a £12,000 per game appearance fee and a £12,000 goal bonus. So if he played a game a week and scored a goal a game he would actually cost me in bonuses 20% of his weekly salary.

Are these players really on this level of bonus. I know they earn a fortune in basic salary and I know they do have add ons but are they this high? I have my doubts.

I then cheat as i think the bonuses are too high so I use FMRTE to drop the bonuses to what I would think were a more realistic level (I never change the salary using FMRTE as I believe the salaries are spot on)

I have not played FM2011 yet as I always get the game for xmas by my kids so I have not experienced this and I have to wait for 6 damn weeks to get the game.

When you're doing the negotiations, you can see on the right side how interested the player is in joining you. This has to do with your team's reputation, your own reputation, his happiness in his current team, interest from other teams etc. If the interest is slight or dubious or whatever, then don't expect them to join you for any reasonable offer. If you're desperate enough to offer them unreasonable amounts of money, then sure, they'll join. I think it's quite realistic and so far found it spot on.

Are you this person??

Seriously you need to calm down. The negotiations are not THAT BAD in fact I find them one of the best parts of the game. Going a club like Man U is surly going to have players expecting exuberant fees and wages. Hell if you were in their shoes would you not?

I must admit in FM2009 and FM2010 the bonuses imo were massively overstated.

Lets take a look at Steven Gerrard - his ages were something like £120,000 per week and then he had a £12,000 per game appearance fee and a £12,000 goal bonus. So if he played a game a week and scored a goal a game he would actually cost me in bonuses 20% of his weekly salary.

Are these players really on this level of bonus. I know they earn a fortune in basic salary and I know they do have add ons but are they this high? I have my doubts.

I then cheat as i think the bonuses are too high so I use FMRTE to drop the bonuses to what I would think were a more realistic level (I never change the salary using FMRTE as I believe the salaries are spot on)

I have not played FM2011 yet as I always get the game for xmas by my kids so I have not experienced this and I have to wait for 6 damn weeks to get the game.

I agree it does seem quite ridiculous that players not only get an obscene wage but then get paid "bonuses" just for turning up and doing their job....the world has gone mad

Are you this person??

Seriously you need to calm down. The negotiations are not THAT BAD in fact I find them one of the best parts of the game. Going a club like Man U is surly going to have players expecting exuberant fees and wages. Hell if you were in their shoes would you not?

Thats my brother.... haha but seriously. You find negotiations the best part of the game? How realistic is a player turning down 100K per week for not being enough only to sign a new contract at 40K?? Both players were very interested. Don't defend a video game when its obviously wrong. Goddamn fanboys.

Thats my brother.... haha but seriously. You find negotiations the best part of the game? How realistic is a player turning down 100K per week for not being enough only to sign a new contract at 40K?? Both players were very interested. Don't defend a video game when its obviously wrong. Goddamn fanboys.

very realistic. in lesser leagues with less money available players are happy earning what they earn. if the number 1 goalie form a lesser team in a lesser league moves to a bigger team in a bigger league they will want their wages to represent their status.

look at the wage structure at leverkusen and look at the wage structure at man utd. any player will want parity with their potential team mates. why should a keeper who is expecting to be number 1 accept less money than the previous number 1 is on.

compare it to real life. you are working in an office where everyone earns £13k per annum. you want to move to another office where everyone earns £20k plus bonuses per annum for practically the same job - are you telling me you would accept less than the going rate?

very realistic. in lesser leagues with less money available players are happy earning what they earn. if the number 1 goalie form a lesser team in a lesser league moves to a bigger team in a bigger league they will want their wages to represent their status.

look at the wage structure at leverkusen and look at the wage structure at man utd. any player will want parity with their potential team mates. why should a keeper who is expecting to be number 1 accept less money than the previous number 1 is on.

compare it to real life. you are working in an office where everyone earns £13k per annum. you want to move to another office where everyone earns £20k plus bonuses per annum for practically the same job - are you telling me you would accept less than the going rate?

I would definitely accept 17K per annum because its more than I currently make. Are you telling me you would reject a pay raise because someone else may potentially make more than you? ITS STILL A PAY RAISE DAMN IT!

I don't understand how people can defend this situation. The player is very interested in signing. My 100K offer isn't enough money, but the AI 40K offer is accepted. BS. And VDS was on 60K per week so its not like I'm offering less money than the current no. 1.

To be fair, I think the negotiations are much more reasonable after the patch. I found myself decreasing a player's wages from 115k to 85k (as Man City, signing Vargas).

It is kind of funny that he would accept Leverkusen's 40k contract. I would sign with Man U for for the same wage (or 60k). However, other posts here also make sense. If Adler was to move to Man U, where the GKs are earning say 120k, he would expect to be level with those wages.

It is sort of weird and a complex matter. I can see the justifications as to how he would accept a MUCH higher wage such as 60k for Man U, but I also agree with the fact that if a GK in Man U is earning 120k, the GK signing for you would expect the same level of wages.

Basically, I'm lost as to what is really right and wrong here. Useless post, move along guys :p

One thing to try is to "tap" up a player. Admire him a few times and see how he responds. Get him to like you and negotiation will be easier. Will also be easier as your rep as a manager improves.

For some of the more expensive signings, planing them out in advance, tapping the player and and declaring interest in the final stages can greatly assist. I tried to sign a GK from AZ, in the first summer window, they wanted £8m for him (was worth £2.7m). I admired him a few times (on the advice of my assistant) and he handed in a transfer request! Then he was avail for £2.6m and I signed him no probs.

Also, you can try get your Board to sign players (especially important players) as they can usually get a good deal.

One thing to try is to "tap" up a player. Admire him a few times and see how he responds. Get him to like you and negotiation will be easier. Will also be easier as your rep as a manager improves.

For some of the more expensive signings, planing them out in advance, tapping the player and and declaring interest in the final stages can greatly assist. I tried to sign a GK from AZ, in the first summer window, they wanted £8m for him (was worth £2.7m). I admired him a few times (on the advice of my assistant) and he handed in a transfer request! Then he was avail for £2.6m and I signed him no probs.

Also, you can try get your Board to sign players (especially important players) as they can usually get a good deal.

That's all well and good but this particular topic isn't complaining about the fee demands of clubs but rather the fee and wage demands of agents. I don't think you can lower agent fees by unsettling a player. Or at least I never manged to do so.

That's all well and good but this particular topic isn't complaining about the fee demands of clubs but rather the fee and wage demands of agents. I don't think you can lower agent fees by unsettling a player. Or at least I never manged to do so.

I am not sure about lowering agent demands but I believe you can lower wage demands by tapping up, as this makes the player more interested (shown to the right when negotiating).

I have not myself experienced massive player demands, but I am Liverpool, ppl know we have no money! :D

Have you tried getting the board to sign a player, maybe save before and compare the results in terms of how much the player gets in wages if you sign or the board signs (can also check finances to determine how much went to agent fee as well).

I do agree from the posts I have seen that agent demands should be lowered, I though (it was mentioned in the fixes) this was addressed in the patch, guess some more work needs to be done.

Good job the OP described his rant in the title, otherwise I might have read it all.

If you think you have found a bug, post it in the bug forum and don't whinge like a little girl.

The OP is frustrated - your response a bit uncalled for no?

I quite like the new system, yes the agents may ask for big fees but they can be negotiated.

As a quick example from me, I was in the process of signing Quinton Fortune for my Southampton side, the agent stated £6k a week and a £60k bonus for himself, I out in what I thought was fair (£2k a week, £10k sign on the player and £10k for the agent) this was negotiated until we settled on £3k a week and a £15k bonus for the agent.

Im not complaining about high initial demands. Obviously everyone will want a good starting point in negotiation. What Im annoyed about is the amount of players (and agents) who will not agree to a deal that is 10x than what they are currently getting. They will try to hold out for even more. C'mon now, you're getting 5k per week and someone offers you 60k, you may want 80 really bad but if you can't get it, you will settle for 60k. You will not reject it for 'not being enough'. Show me one player who will reject moving to a team willing to pay nearly 12x his current wages?

Same with Adler. Agent wanted a min release clause the same as what I was paying. Only way I could get him to drop the clause was to offer even bigger wage (100K compared to 80K he wanted), and even then Adler himself wanted more. He was on around 20K initially and signed another contract for 40K. Makes no sense if my 100K wasn't enough how Leverkusens 40 were. And one of his favored teams is Manchester United!

All I'm saying is the contract negotiations need to be reworked. The way players want astronomical wages and won't settle for less makes no sense. If you're on 5k a week, Im sure 60k is a welcome increase. You may really want 80, but if its 60 take it or leave it no one will leave it. FACT. It won't be 'not enough'. It makes no sense a player should reject a club offering more money citing his reasons and not enough basic salary and sign for another club offering half the amount. And players need to have more say in contract negotiations. Its only the agents who you can negotiate with. Im sure IRL agents let players know the terms offered and consult with them if negotiations should continue or the offer is good enough.

I've also found that your relationship with an agent dictates the fees that will be asked. Randomly, a lot of agents dislike me for no reason. Money should be the deciding factor, not the relationship between the agent and manager. I used FMRTE to edit Otamendi's agent to like me, and his initial demand was only 44K per week which I negotiated down to 30K. Much more realistic for a player that was getting 5k. It seems like if the agent dislikes the manager he is screwing over his player by asking for high wages and fees because apparently the player was willing to sign for much less than what the unfriendly agent wanted. Bottom line is agent relations dictate 80% of the wages and fees when signing a player, and it should be other factors like form, reputation, experience, demand, etc.

And btw screw Adler, he can rot and Leverkusen and never achieve anything. I was offered Buffon by his agent and he was available for the same 17.5 million price tag. Sure he is older, but I consider him better than Adler. Wages around 170K/week and like 10 million in sign on fees but who cares....its BUFFON!!!

I would definitely accept 17K per annum because its more than I currently make. Are you telling me you would reject a pay raise because someone else may potentially make more than you? ITS STILL A PAY RAISE DAMN IT!

I don't understand how people can defend this situation. The player is very interested in signing. My 100K offer isn't enough money, but the AI 40K offer is accepted. BS. And VDS was on 60K per week so its not like I'm offering less money than the current no. 1.

no i would not accept less than what everyone else is on without a very good reason. whether or not i am earning less eslewhere, why should i settle for less than everyone else, doing the same job. if they are going to offer it to the majority then why should i accept different?

no i would not accept less than what everyone else is on without a very good reason. whether or not i am earning less eslewhere, why should i settle for less than everyone else, doing the same job. if they are going to offer it to the majority then why should i accept different?

You conveniently missed his point of VDS getting 60k per week.....

What about that? He offered the guy 100k per week, according to your explanation he is getting nearly double 'the going rate', therefore he should accept....no? Bigger club, getting more than the going rate, what is wrong if he was interested initially? Maybe the game?

You conveniently missed his point of VDS getting 60k per week.....

What about that? He offered the guy 100k per week, according to your explanation he is getting nearly double 'the going rate', therefore he should accept....no? Bigger club, getting more than the going rate, what is wrong if he was interested initially? Maybe the game?

fair point, but with other team members earning a lot more than that, players would aim for the higher figures on offer. if he is expecting to take VdS' place in the first team then wanting more money than him is reasonable.

i've never once said the figures are perfect, but some of the comments in here are over the top and in some cases stupid. i'm trying to show that there are plenty of viable reason for the agent/players demands and that just because a player will accept a certain contract for a smaller, lesser profile club in a lesser profile league with less money available, that he will accept the same at a bigger club when he would go from being well within the average wage bracket to being well below average, despite his player status sugesting otherwise.

in the real world if you thought you were better than someone and were being brough in to replace that person do you not think that accepting less money than that person is devaluing yourself?

Because you still make more than you make currently.

Imagine this situation- You are a salesman for a Ford Dealership. You are the most talented salesman in the dealership and you make 30K per year, near the top of the pay scale. Then comes a Rolls Royce dealership that offer you a sales job doing the same thing, for 100K per year. However, there are more talented salesmen than you in this dealership (lets call him Rooney, etc), so they will make more than you. Still, you are tripling your own salary. Who would you choose? Who cares what others are making? I care what I make and if I can improve what Im currently making. I will work for 100K, regardless if someone else makes 1 million doing the same job, because IM STILL IMPROVING MY PAY/STATUS.

People defend this game like its their religion...even if there is something blatantly wrong with it. "No, no, it may happen in real life."

I think the new agents system is quite realistic and sometimes I think you have to remember that the agent is negotiating a contract with you on behalf of his client. In the real-world the agents will try and get the best deal going, not just for the player but for themselves. And as Roy Keane (I think it was him) said a few weeks back, you get some good agents and you get some bad agents who will try to screw you over.

Agreed about Adler. That seems odd. But the ridiculous wage demands are more down to the agents. Otamendi himself might be delighted to join Man Utd and get a payrise where he's earning £40,000 a week. Get him hooked up with a dodgy-ass agent and they'll see that A) It's Man Utd and B) The agent himself can earn a fortune, so in the end the agent will pluck a ridiculous figure from the sky and then just go with that in the negotiations.

It was hell negotiating for Adler. Cost me all my transfer budget.

He wouldn't budge off the release cause fee, somehow i fluked it up from 17.5 to 200 mill before he went away and signed. He wanted a chunk of any future sell-on transfer fee too, what a greedy git.

His agent now has me on the dislike list too.

Im dreading player contract renewals, if they also going to be like this.

Because you still make more than you make currently.

Imagine this situation- You are a salesman for a Ford Dealership. You are the most talented salesman in the dealership and you make 30K per year, near the top of the pay scale. Then comes a Rolls Royce dealership that offer you a sales job doing the same thing, for 100K per year. However, there are more talented salesmen than you in this dealership (lets call him Rooney, etc), so they will make more than you. Still, you are tripling your own salary. Who would you choose? Who cares what others are making? I care what I make and if I can improve what Im currently making. I will work for 100K, regardless if someone else makes 1 million doing the same job, because IM STILL IMPROVING MY PAY/STATUS.

People defend this game like its their religion...even if there is something blatantly wrong with it. "No, no, it may happen in real life."

but if tripling your salary still falls well below the higher end of the average earners in the team you are still undervaluing yourself by accepting less than what they earn, especially when more money is potentially available and is poor negotiating by the agent.

again, not saying it is perfect but these situations happen all over the world. people want the best deal available for them, and even though they are getting an improved offer, if something better is potentially available then of course some people will look for the better deal.

if this was happening with every single player you bid for then yeah it may have just cause for being a bug, but as it is one player with a hard to deal with agent i suggest otherwise.

as mentioned before, if you feel it is a bug then report it in the bug forum. it is there to help improve the game for everyone. if the powers that be agree that there is an issue then it will be dealt with in due course

but if tripling your salary still falls well below the higher end of the average earners in the team you are still undervaluing yourself by accepting less than what they earn, especially when more money is potentially available and is poor negotiating by the agent.

again, not saying it is perfect but these situations happen all over the world. people want the best deal available for them, and even though they are getting an improved offer, if something better is potentially available then of course some people will look for the better deal.

if this was happening with every single player you bid for then yeah it may have just cause for being a bug, but as it is one player with a hard to deal with agent i suggest otherwise.

as mentioned before, if you feel it is a bug then report it in the bug forum. it is there to help improve the game for everyone. if the powers that be agree that there is an issue then it will be dealt with in due course

And you aren't undervaluing yourself by working for less than that triple amount of your initial salary? You aren't undervaluing yourself by signing another contract at less than half of the offered amount? Of course everyone wants a better deal than offered, its part of human greed, but you will settle for the most YOU can get. Forget what others are getting. Theres a difference between what you want and what you can get and IRL players and agents alike know that even though they may want 500K/week, theres a limit and you have to settle somewhere in the middle. It a compromise. You may want to grow wings and fly from USA to England for free but when you realize that wont happen you will spend $$ on a plane ticket. Theres a fine difference between what you want and what you can achieve.

And FYI, on 100K/week, Adler would have been the second highest paid member of my squad, second only to Ferdinand at 110K/week.

tevez was being sold off for 12 mil in the january window and i bid for him aswell as chelseaa and he kept rejecting my 190k week because he wouldnt accept a 1 mil cut in his signing on fee, iinstead he chooses to sign for chelsea on 120k a week ;/.

but agreed ivon any normal person would take triple there current wage regardless of what other people are getting

Have you calmed down yet? It's a game, get over it.

You sound ridiculous.

Get some manners, stop spelling ludicrous like the rapper, have a quiet word with yourself and look up the word 'negotiation' in the dictionary.

Ohh how i hate the "smart kind " like you are. Screw you. Go read dictionary if that is what you prefer to do with your life.

Never forget you are talking to the agent, not the client.

I've often found that by paying the agent a couple 100.000 more, you can save millions on the players wage. :)

Right, but with Adler his agent accepted 100K and beefed up bonuses and Adler himself came back saying it wasn't enough. But yeah, what you're saying is true. If the agent likes you negotiations go a lot smoother. An unfriendly agent is talking with the devil. One even feels 'hatred' towards me. :(

Archived