FM 11: Xavi and Inieste requests transfer - Worried by the lack of discipline??

Lack of discipline? This seems like the result of the Spanish Suspension Bug.

I dont think its a bug. Just started with chelsea. in first game terry got sent off. I didnt punish him and essien and lampard wanted to talk to me privately. so i did and told them ill try and change things.

Happened to me on the last game of the season. All season I'd fined people for red cards, then I appealed on a Jonny Evans red card and Fletcher, Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic were all worried about the lack of discipline. Shouldn't have been after Evra and Vidic had 6 red cards between them.

This does seem like something that needs tweaking in the next patch, players reactions over red cards seem to be far too extreme. Fair enough if it is over the course of the season but after 1 or 2 red cards without punishment?

Look at Lee Catermole at Sunderland, if it was real all the Sunderland players must be banging on Steve Bruce's door!

Them getting a bit unhappy / annoyed is perhaps understandable, but it seems to me that this is another example of something that's a pretty widespread problem in FM11: Even the tiniest thing can cause a player to disregard everything else and demand to leave. It's like there's no middle ground, either a player is completely happy, or his relationship with you / the club is irreversibly broken and he demands a transfer.

Basically, the players in FM11 all seem to act like 14-year-old girls.

• 3 months later...
Basically, the players in FM11 all seem to act like 14-year-old girls.

Have you seen the antics in the Premiership lately? Perhaps it's not so unrealistic after all. :D

That said, I'm a bit annoyed by the sensitivity of these settings as well. Pretty ridiculous at the moment.

Yet another half baked feature. I mean in the first place, why is it any of their business? Second, how do they know I didn't warn that player behind privately? And lastly, what if I didn't agree with the sending off?

P.S. Just warn, never fine, it's more trouble than it's worth.

I've always fined a player a weeks wage for any sending off. Two weeks if it was a violent conduct offence. If the player in question gets annoyed you can normally tell them you are the boss and make the decisions and they will back down, if they don't I sell them on. I would rather annoy one player, even if he is a key member of the squad, then have half the team being worried about discipline.

• 2 months later...

OP: for me this is a real problem because I have the game set on auto-continue after 5 seconds to save time and I can do other things between the games. The problem would be solved if the game stops and requires me to choose to discipline the player or not. But it is not deemed important news enough and the game automatically assumes I am not disciplining the player and then squad members get unhappy.

For FM12 I would appreciate if it were possible to have the game require a response from me (like when you have an offer accepted for a player an the game gives youa red exclamation mark and stops "auto-continue" and waits for my decision.

I had this.

I always at the very least, warn. I often fine a week for straight reds or stupid decisions that cost games.

The first time I made an appeal, half the squad were up in arms about lack of discipline.

All because I made one appeal due to having a vital match coming up.

It's ridiculous.

AFAIK it isn't just about red/yellow cards when a player is concerned about the lack of discipline...

letting poor playing performances or poor training performances go unchecked also has an effect. As does players skipping training or turning up late etc.. players disliking each other or you, players that want to leave for a bigger club, etc...

basically, anything that can unsettle the squad harmony is part of your discipline

I haven't seen the "lack of discipline" for appealing against a red-card but if you've appealed an obvious red and not fined the player I guess that could happen too... I always review the incident before deciding to fine/appeal. If it looks in the 3D representation to be a good red then I'll fine, if it doesn't then I'll appeal... only had one refused so far in my current save and it didn't cause any problems with the squad...

Archived