Free Agents

I thought before the release of the FM11 it would be nice to gather a list of some of the unattached players the footballing world has to offer.

Or if someone could point me in the direction of a good published one that would be nice :)

So let me start, apologies i dont know many :

Darius Vassel (English hero)

Aliadiere

Moritz Volz

And so the list begins!

Moritz Volz isn't a free agent I don't think. I think he's signed for that newly promoted German side. St Pauli I think they are called. There are a few former Hull Players. They are Bernard Mendy and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. Vennegoor of Hesselink has or was training with FC Twente. I think Geremi may be as well as I think he got released by Ankaragucu iirc.

Moritz Volz isn't a free agent I don't think. I think he's signed for that newly promoted German side. St Pauli I think they are called. There are a few former Hull Players. They are Bernard Mendy and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. Vennegoor of Hesselink has or was training with FC Twente. David James as well. I think Geremi may be as well as I think he got released by Ankaragucu iirc.

When did David James leave Bristol City?

Moritz Volz isn't a free agent I don't think. I think he's signed for that newly promoted German side. St Pauli I think they are called. There are a few former Hull Players. They are Bernard Mendy and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. Vennegoor of Hesselink has or was training with FC Twente. David James as well. I think Geremi may be as well as I think he got released by Ankaragucu iirc.

Your right mate, just checked, I see you too have made a mistake too David James is at Bristol City, has been for a few months.

Oh ok. Chris Riggott is still a free agent iirc and George Boateng I think as well.

Riggott at Cardiff.

Seth Johnson retired, think Malcolm Chrsitie has about given up as well.

i was thinking of doing this thread earlier. for those wanting to do a save outside the premier league, here are a few ideas

lenny pidgeley

jay demerit

adrian forbes

keith gillespie

bryan hughes

stephen o'leary

robert wolleston

alex rhodes

steve torpey

jeremie aliadiere

febain brandy

davenport im sure would be cheap and do a job at championship or league 1 level. andy robinson of leeds is also listed but may not be on the game.

for more ideas its worth looking here http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list

i know Malcom Christie parent and they told me he waiting until january and if any decent offer do not come he will retire.Shame heis injure prone a decent striker like Aladiere

Bobby Pires training with Arsenal reserve and could be offer a short-term contract with view a coaching contract if he want to

Bearing in mind that I like managing at League 1,2 & BLue Square levels) his is what I may do (not sure if it is classed as cheating though!).

When I get Parent club (its one of the first things I do if there isnt one), I will save the game immediately, then sign myself in as manager of the parent club and search for freebies using the Parent club's "scouting peramenters base" (wider spread of the search area). Then note the players that may be of use at the lower level, quit that game & re-load the original game, then run searches by player name, scouting or adding to shortlists with my "proper" club.

To my mind it is a bit like visiting / phoning the parent club and asking them to advise RE the players they have discovered that would not interest them. Im sure IRL managers do this stuff all the time, but in FM it is not simulated. Anyone think this is a good idea / bad idea / nasty cheat?

Bearing in mind that I like managing at League 1,2 & BLue Square levels) his is what I may do (not sure if it is classed as cheating though!).

When I get Parent club (its one of the first things I do if there isnt one), I will save the game immediately, then sign myself in as manager of the parent club and search for freebies using the Parent club's "scouting peramenters base" (wider spread of the search area). Then note the players that may be of use at the lower level, quit that game & re-load the original game, then run searches by player name, scouting or adding to shortlists with my "proper" club.

To my mind it is a bit like visiting / phoning the parent club and asking them to advise RE the players they have discovered that would not interest them. Im sure IRL managers do this stuff all the time, but in FM it is not simulated. Anyone think this is a good idea / bad idea / nasty cheat?

Nah, it's your world, do what you want. I'm gonna change a bunch of stuff in my Editor before i start because it makes it more fun playing the game that way. I might put Messi in the West Brom squad and see who signs him and for how much.

Here's a list I made on FMChat:

Goalkeepers:

Tim Deasy

Richard Martin

Clark Masters

Shane McWeeney

Christopher Oldfield

Leigh Overton

Leonard Pidgeley

Willem Puddy

Anthoney Warner

Defenders:

Darren Powell

Inderjeet Aujla

Sekhou Berthe

George Daly

Rimmel Daniel

Jay DeMerit

Mark Dudley

Jack Durrant

Mounir El Haimour

Raphale Evans

Alex Forde

Stephen Glass

Ben Hoskin

Nicholas Meace

Scott Metcalf

Pedro Monteiro

Callum Morris

Aidien Palmer

Christopher Perry

Philip Quirk

Christopher Riley

Osei Sankofa

Netan Sansara

Sam Williamson

Midfielders:

James Comley

Kristian Dennis

Nicholas Deverdics

Mark Doninger

Alex Dyer

Keith Gillespie

Chris Hargreaves

David Howland

Bryan Hughes

Craig Jones

Ashley Kingston

John Leonard

Terrell Lewis

Gavin Mahon

Kevin McLeod

Lewis Nightingale

Stephen O'Leary

Alex Rhodes

Gavin Rothery

Jeff Smith

Craig Stone

Stephen Torpey

Simon Whaley

Attackers:

Jeremy Aliadiere

Fabian Brandy

Ryan Gazet Du Chattelier

John Grant

Barry Hayles

Andre McCollin

Matthew Wolfeden

James Snowcroft

Simon Thomas

Robert Turner

Michael Uwezu

Darius Vassell

Jamie White

Rivaldo is currently without a club.

That is amazing news!!! I was hoping that I will have missed an absolute gem, and up comes the name of one of the greatest players of our generation!

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Watch out npower Championship, Rivaldo is coming to town!

Joe Martin

Danny Shittu

Franck Queudrue

Yildiray Bastürk

Guillermo Franco

Olivier Kapo

Andranik

Fabrice Pancrate

Bernard Mendy

Stern John

James Comley

Richard Wright

Jérémie Aliadière

Rui Marques

Derek Geary

Mounir El Haimour

Anderson Silva

Gavin Mahon

Nigel Quashie

Liam Rosenior

Ali Fuseini

Steve Finnan

Jay DeMerit

Lenny Pidgeley

David McNamee

Grant Basey

Izale McLeod

Yassin Moutaouakil

Pelé

Etiënne Esajas

Francis Jeffers

Stuart Elliott

Richard Hastings

Tom Brighton

Mark Archdeacon

Michael Fraser

Greg Cameron

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Robert Eagle

David Fernandez

Filipe Morais

José Gonçalves

Maybe the whole dundee squad

Depending on how realistic the researcher of Oldham Athletic has made the game the following players will all be available for nothing as IRL:

1. Sean Gregan

2. Kelvin Lomax

3. Andy Holdsworth

4. John Worthington

5. Rob Purdie

Gregan will be a good signing for most mid table aspiring League One sides. Lomax I would have thought will be good for Blue Square Prem, possibly League Two. Holdsworth & Worthington League Two and finally Rob Purdie for Bridgewater Office Supplies Manchester Football League Premier Division (yes that is a real league within the football pyramid, step 7).

Archived